Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 11, 2022 12:12 AM

Feb 2019
_AnimeLover__ said:
Marinate1016 said:
Wait so shuu got all his memories back and now kisara don’t know him? Ayano stans we won.

Also, MAL is now showing 13 eps but I thought it was going to be 2 cours? No way this gets wrapped in two eps

I was hoping we’d get more of a sharon sex scene flashback lmao
I don't get why people trust random sources about this getting 2 cours. It was never confirmed. It is just a rumor or prediction. If there is 2cours, there would already be news and mal would have already updated it. So how they knew such a source while mal don't

MAL are not reliable as a source so I don’t really care what they update. The two cours stuff came out months ago.
Sep 11, 2022 12:20 AM
Aug 2015
Marinate1016 said:
_AnimeLover__ said:
I don't get why people trust random sources about this getting 2 cours. It was never confirmed. It is just a rumor or prediction. If there is 2cours, there would already be news and mal would have already updated it. So how they knew such a source while mal don't

MAL are not reliable as a source so I don’t really care what they update. The two cours stuff came out months ago.
that source came out with no news. Just a post that just says that without any evidence. This is literally how rumors and gossips spread. On the other hand, mal literally post news about this kind of thing and then update it. In other words, mal is much reliable than the unreliable post you were looking at
Sep 11, 2022 12:21 AM

Feb 2019
_AnimeLover__ said:
Marinate1016 said:

that source came out with no news. Just a post that just says that without any evidence. This is literally how rumors and gossips spread. On the other hand, mal literally post news about this kind of thing and then update it. In other words, mal is much reliable than the unreliable post you were looking at

Great point sadly you have a stock profile picture so your opinion doesn’t count+ratio
Sep 11, 2022 12:23 AM
Aug 2015
Marinate1016 said:
_AnimeLover__ said:

Great point sadly you have a stock profile picture so your opinion doesn’t count+ratio
too bad. I am just saying facts while you being denial. Have a good day then
Sep 11, 2022 2:51 AM

Jun 2021
I love Kisara, so cute <3
Sep 11, 2022 3:26 AM

Feb 2018
we finally get to know how it started with Kisara and Shuu. Though, it might have been nice if it was shown at the beginning, but oh well.

And man,
I wonder what will happen next.

Never ending plan to watch list...

Sep 11, 2022 7:02 AM
Jan 2022
as soon as the episode started I was crying already it's truly heartbreaking and painful to kisara end the contract and give back all the memories
Sep 11, 2022 7:29 AM
Nov 2021
Good episode overall, liked how the emotion played out. But overall I don't feel like we are approaching a climax since there are only 2 eps remaining and the revelation's are still happening to this point.
Sep 11, 2022 9:01 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Damn the sister is a S rank demon.. but that was great to finally have the full Kisara and Shuu's backstory that led to all of that, though that end, Kisara lost all her memories about Shuu now that the contract ended
Sep 11, 2022 10:52 AM

May 2019
Wow, what a great and somewhat confusing episode! It was great to get more backstory on Kisara as I have liked her throughout this series despite her taking Shuu's memories.

It appears that she has returned to Shuu the memories she took in exchange for powering up to defeat demons as shown by her asking who is he at the end of the episode.

I have several questions, with a main one being if the memories gave her power, wouldn't that mean that she is now in a very weakened state since she fed off of the memories? Or was that just a price to pay instead of something like money? And is Kisara an S-Class demon herself? I think she was considered that in a previous episode? If not it's going to be interesting how they handle S-Class Kanna, and if Shuu will make any further sacrifices to somehow save Kanna. Lastly, are Kanna and Kisara technically half sisters? (I'm assuming they have the same mom who was a demon or half demon herself? Not fully clear on that lol).
Sep 11, 2022 11:27 AM
Mar 2020
The plot twist in the end.... woah
Sep 11, 2022 11:44 AM

May 2018
nooo Kisara T_T I hope she gets her memories back
Sep 11, 2022 2:58 PM
Jan 2018
Incredible plot twist and episode end.
Sep 11, 2022 3:19 PM
Dec 2021
Shu is A LUCKY FREAKIN' BASTARD! He managed to bang his ex-girlfriend Ayano and even Sharon the Celestial Abbey... I WISH I WAS SHU
Sep 11, 2022 8:20 PM
Jul 2021
Rem4lifexD said:
Great episode! Ayano has arrived with the helicopter and Sharon forces him on there against his will. Kisara told him to go but isn't in the best situation currently...
Kisara is caught up in the attack of Shuu's sister...
Kanna is now at the bottom of the ocean...
And Kisara is not in a very good condition also and is asleep.
Kanna has been ranked as an S-class demon!
Kisara wakes up and Shuu hugs her.
She makes him promise he will leave this city and not fight demons anymore though she knows he won't stick to that.
Shuu says he doesn't need any of his memories anymore and Kisara kisses him.
Ayano was pretty upset Shuu will be leaving and starts crying xD.
And...
It seems that Kisara is the one who now doesn't have memories!

Looking forward to the next episode!

The cliff hanger was crazy, best episode so far
Sep 11, 2022 11:04 PM

May 2013
I mean, how sad it may be that kisara can't remember shu right now it just makes sense about it happening. Until now from a symbolic viewpoint both were forced together through the contract, such a thing isn't something romantic and the show often implied that. But the scene at the end showed that maruto knows his stuff and is really great at writing romance, with the first time ever both sides having genuine feelings for each other the contract gets lifted with a lovers gesture. They are finally freed and only now can truly start their loving relationship which was also beautifully symbolised by the sunrise in the background.
Sep 12, 2022 2:36 AM
Feb 2021
i'm loved it!!!!!!
Sep 12, 2022 2:51 AM

Feb 2022
Eagerly waiting for next episode🔥🔥🔥

"War does not determine who is right - only who is left."
||Profile||----------------||Anime||----------------||Manga||
Sep 12, 2022 5:04 AM

Jan 2022
Kisara seems to have lost her memory, how will it come back? maybe the next episode will be answered but kisara who lost her memory might be fun to watch for the next episode.
“Life is never boring, but some people choose to be bored.”

— Wayne Dyer
Sep 12, 2022 5:21 AM

Oct 2008
yes Ayano is sexy but Sharon is sexier! look at that ERO butt of her from the flashback memories that Kisara has seen! that's what you call ultra sexy! i hope they produce doujins of this show
wut? so this time Kisara forgot about Shuu!?!?
5/5.

Sep 12, 2022 2:37 PM

Feb 2021
The episode was mainly focused on Kisara and Shu's past together. To make a contract with a demon You could either give up your soul, memories, 5 senses or life span which is nice to know now. It also seems that Kisara gave Shu's memories back to him but she lost hers in the process. I think she may have cancelled the contract by locking hands and kissing Shu as Kisara changed the contract books rules?
Sep 12, 2022 8:49 PM
Mar 2014
intresting plottwist
Sep 13, 2022 4:38 AM
Apr 2022
perfect até o momento, esse ultimo episodio foi uma baita surpresa com o oque aconteceu
Sep 13, 2022 5:02 PM

Oct 2013
Frick I need more this episode man
well it appears shu got his memories back That's good but I hate the price
[/quote]
Sep 14, 2022 1:10 AM

Jan 2017
I get that Kisara broke the contract to save Shuu but losing her memories in the process is ????
Sep 14, 2022 3:46 PM
Aug 2017
viperhc said:
Wow, what a great and somewhat confusing episode! It was great to get more backstory on Kisara as I have liked her throughout this series despite her taking Shuu's memories.

It appears that she has returned to Shuu the memories she took in exchange for powering up to defeat demons as shown by her asking who is he at the end of the episode.

I have several questions, with a main one being if the memories gave her power, wouldn't that mean that she is now in a very weakened state since she fed off of the memories? Or was that just a price to pay instead of something like money? And is Kisara an S-Class demon herself? I think she was considered that in a previous episode? If not it's going to be interesting how they handle S-Class Kanna, and if Shuu will make any further sacrifices to somehow save Kanna. Lastly, are Kanna and Kisara technically half sisters? (I'm assuming they have the same mom who was a demon or half demon herself? Not fully clear on that lol).

So far in the series, Kisara has always consumed Shu's memories whenever she needed to transform into her devil form (the one in black dress) up until episode 10 where she was able to transform and save Sharon without needing to kiss Shu. I am guessing that is because in Episode 9, she took all the memories of Miles from Shu, which is such a big chunk that it broke Shu, so she still has some remaining fuel left to transform. My interpretation is that memories are like fuel for Kisara to transform and stay in her devil form.

At the start of Episode 1, Ayano classified Kisara as a super A-class demon, and later in Episode 3, Miles reveals that Kisara is the first and only A-class demon in Bayron City.

I don't think that Kanna and Kisara are half-sisters, unless Asmodeus is also the mother of Kisara which at this point seems unlikely. Therefore, Kisara and Kanna's relationship is similar to hers with Shu - very distant relative. And by distant, I mean something like cousin twenty times removed, since their common ancestry is from several centuries ago.
DragonTheOneSep 14, 2022 3:49 PM
Sep 14, 2022 3:52 PM
Aug 2017
chopstick___ said:
The episode was mainly focused on Kisara and Shu's past together. To make a contract with a demon You could either give up your soul, memories, 5 senses or life span which is nice to know now. It also seems that Kisara gave Shu's memories back to him but she lost hers in the process. I think she may have cancelled the contract by locking hands and kissing Shu as Kisara changed the contract books rules?

You are right, Kisara canceled the contract. The reason that Kisara altered the contract was to put in place a way to save Shu in the future if he ever reaches the breaking point.

Shu does not give any thought to sacrificing his own memories for his goal, and the more memories he loses, the more nonchalant about it he becomes. He was even willing to give all his memories and soul to Kisara at the end. It is better for Kisara to control the contract as she clearly cares for Shu more than he does for himself, and is able to objectively decide when it is time to call quits.

Now imagine if Shu was the one to hold control over the contract. He wouldn't have canceled it and there is no way for Kisara to return his memories back. Kisara is aware of this right from the start and she altered it out of pure love for him. She would help him to fight for his goals, and when the time comes, she will bear all the burden of the contract for him. Just pure and beautiful unconditional love.
Sep 14, 2022 4:21 PM

May 2019
DragonTheOne said:
viperhc said:

So far in the series, Kisara has always consumed Shu's memories whenever she needed to transform into her devil form (the one in black dress) up until episode 10 where she was able to transform and save Sharon without needing to kiss Shu. I am guessing that is because in Episode 9, she took all the memories of Miles from Shu, which is such a big chunk that it broke Shu, so she still has some remaining fuel left to transform. My interpretation is that memories are like fuel for Kisara to transform and stay in her devil form.

At the start of Episode 1, Ayano classified Kisara as a super A-class demon, and later in Episode 3, Miles reveals that Kisara is the first and only A-class demon in Bayron City.

I don't think that Kanna and Kisara are half-sisters, unless Asmodeus is also the mother of Kisara which at this point seems unlikely. Therefore, Kisara and Kanna's relationship is similar to hers with Shu - very distant relative. And by distant, I mean something like cousin twenty times removed, since their common ancestry is from several centuries ago.

Thanks for the explanation, and right if Shuu's memories fueled Kisara's transformation I would think that giving the memories back would starve, if not kill, Kisara, but it didn't.

I didn't remember what demon level Kisara was other than it was pretty high so thanks for clearing that up, and I believe S-Class is higher than A-Class so fighting Kanna will be a challenge to everyone involved.

Got it on the family connection, some people starting saying this was incense or something but twenty-times removed shouldn't matter for hooking up then lol.
Sep 14, 2022 7:26 PM
Aug 2017
viperhc said:
DragonTheOne said:

Thanks for the explanation, and right if Shuu's memories fueled Kisara's transformation I would think that giving the memories back would starve, if not kill, Kisara, but it didn't.

I didn't remember what demon level Kisara was other than it was pretty high so thanks for clearing that up, and I believe S-Class is higher than A-Class so fighting Kanna will be a challenge to everyone involved.

Got it on the family connection, some people starting saying this was incense or something but twenty-times removed shouldn't matter for hooking up then lol.

Yup, people who call this incest lack brain cells. The random stranger that just walked passed you might be more related to you than Kisara is to Shu. Also most of the European Royal families marry their cousin twice removed.
DragonTheOneSep 14, 2022 7:30 PM
Sep 15, 2022 2:40 AM

Feb 2021
DragonTheOne said:
chopstick___ said:

You are right, Kisara canceled the contract. The reason that Kisara altered the contract was to put in place a way to save Shu in the future if he ever reaches the breaking point.

Shu does not give any thought to sacrificing his own memories for his goal, and the more memories he loses, the more nonchalant about it he becomes. He was even willing to give all his memories and soul to Kisara at the end. It is better for Kisara to control the contract as she clearly cares for Shu more than he does for himself, and is able to objectively decide when it is time to call quits.

Now imagine if Shu was the one to hold control over the contract. He wouldn't have canceled it and there is no way for Kisara to return his memories back. Kisara is aware of this right from the start and she altered it out of pure love for him. She would help him to fight for his goals, and when the time comes, she will bear all the burden of the contract for him. Just pure and beautiful unconditional love.
Noice, Thanks for the explanation. :)
Sep 15, 2022 5:22 AM
May 2018
Honestly, this is the best episode in my opinion, it's just too good
Sep 23, 2022 4:32 AM
Mar 2019
it is getting more awful every episode
Oct 14, 2022 7:53 AM

Feb 2021
The memories are switched. Now, what will happen next :)
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Oct 14, 2022 11:40 PM

Mar 2013
The preview of the past episodes were really wonderful and also heartbreaking as Kisara ask who Shu is... Game Over!
I don't know the whole detail of the contract but it seems the cancellation of it seems to make Kisara forget all about Shu...

But... IDK if Shu got all his memories back after that cancellation... I can't... wait... (Shu is still a womanizer, sigh...)
CrazyButNot4UOct 14, 2022 11:44 PM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Nov 10, 2022 7:39 AM

Sep 2012
kakeguruitwinxx said:
DragonTheOne said:

Yup, people who call this incest lack brain cells. The random stranger that just walked passed you might be more related to you than Kisara is to Shu. Also most of the European Royal families marry their cousin twice removed.

I'm saying... people are trying to make this an incest just so they can celebrate wincest prevails for whatever weird reason. Kisara is more than several hundred years old. She spent several hundred years old just getting impaled in that cave. That's already older than his great-great-great-great grandparents. Might as well call a random Japanese and a random white American dating incest because well, like, 3000 years ago they had the same ancestor.

way back we all were related in blood so they should say awry1 is doing incest (with their logic) lol
May 1, 2023 5:50 AM

Nov 2022
A bit happy for the small backstories of Shu's adventures in life, and funny that Kisara found a way to outsmart Shu by editing that contract and started the whole kissing thing. But, the episode ending is just sad.. Hope that she can copy those memories from Shu to regain her old self and identity as Kisara.
Aug 7, 2023 9:51 PM
Oct 2020
I thought the flashback sequences were very well done. Nice rescue by Ayano in the helicopter, mirroring when Shu rescued her in previous ep. I guess everyone knows how to pilot a helicopter in this series? Oh well, doesn't matter. It made for a fun action sequence. Also liked Sharon having to give Shu a literal push because he couldn't leave Kisara. Sharon Holygrail- what a great name! I really hope there's a stripper out there somewhere with that stage name. And that I get to meet her. :) 
Nov 9, 2023 8:35 PM

Dec 2022
Shuu is giving me the impression that he was intended to be written as some sort of heartthrob casanova with a heart of gold, but in reality he only comes off as being a needy hypocrite with a persecution complex. It comes as no surprise whatsoever that he wants to bail the city and flee from everything, including all the girls he physically and emotionally fucked. As expected of Shuu.

Shaded Horizon

Apr 17, 4:08 AM

Aug 2023
wow, crazy peak.. has anyone brought boxes of tissues yet?

こんにちは!私の名前はマルハザクです! こんにちは!私の名前はマルハザクです!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Engage Kiss Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2022

131 by spicarie »»
Apr 17, 5:19 AM

Poll: » Engage Kiss Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 27, 2022

93 by spicarie »»
Apr 17, 12:47 AM

Poll: » Engage Kiss Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2022

181 by Kaeicap »»
Mar 5, 10:15 AM

Poll: » Engage Kiss Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 16, 2022

106 by Hue_Enjoyer »»
Jan 31, 2:08 PM

Poll: » Engage Kiss Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2022

71 by Shakti-- »»
Jan 4, 10:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.