Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Aug 27, 2023 6:37 PM
Aug 2023
im holding my tears
Aug 29, 2023 5:43 AM

Nov 2022
I myself would've named it " Tunnel of Goodbyes " to shorten it a bit while also retaining its symbolism :)
Aug 31, 2023 2:48 PM
May 2023
Simplesmente incrível!
Sep 3, 2023 9:45 AM

May 2018
It’s an okay show, has a quite intriguing start with good animation, but the pacing is not good which dragged down the movie’s potential. 6.5/10
Sep 9, 2023 9:04 PM

Jul 2016
Oh, this was good... pretty good, actually.

Honestly, I wasn't expecting much but this movie sure surpassed my expectations. Solid premise, good sense of pacing for its relatively short runtime, amazing background art and the chemistry between Anzu and Kaoru had a certain mature charm that I found truly engaging throughout the whole movie. Good thing they ended up together, by the way.

8/10
Sep 15, 2023 3:46 AM
Jan 2021
God the subtitles on the site i was watching was literal garbage...

I would've been more immersed if the subtitles were good but i still love this movie ❤
Sep 19, 2023 4:55 AM

Jan 2016
Watched this on Qatar airways on my way to Japan

Man, fan fucking tastic! Great movie
Sep 19, 2023 12:05 PM
Jan 2019
7/10. Could’ve been better.
Oct 3, 2023 1:59 PM
Oct 2020
nice short movie.
I think this masterpiece should be watch
Oct 7, 2023 9:47 PM
Jul 2020
Interesting enough, but the main character development is not good. 7/10

Oct 12, 2023 3:30 AM

Jan 2017
While I love that the movie cuts the almost unneeded teenage drama between Anzu and Kawasaki, the movie also cuts the epilogue and alter the "reunited with little sister" scene that it almost look like Kaoru randomly wanna go back

Visuals and OST are great, overall I'm impressed by the production value but just a bit disappointed with the creative liberties they make from the novel
Oct 12, 2023 11:30 PM
Jan 2023
Umbrella / 10

would wait 13 years again
Oct 19, 2023 5:24 AM
Apr 2021
the story take lot of time to be developped, and the end is taken out strangely without any more explanation. The animation tho is still great and it wasn't a bad movie to watch i still recommend it
Oct 31, 2023 2:22 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
It's nothing to get excited about, I was expecting something more spectacular.

The story is good, especially the mystery of the tunnel, but in the end that attractive fantasy is put in the background by the love story of the main characters, even so, the ending is uncomfortable, since there are many differences and a lot to explain , something that leaves him silent.

Very poor animation for a movie

The music is the best, without a doubt.

5/10

kekeke
Nov 1, 2023 1:46 PM
Apr 2021
une histoire avec un peu d'émotions et une fin inattendue
Nov 3, 2023 12:06 PM

Aug 2017
Pacing felt too fast, felt it needed 2 hours at least. Still a satisfying ending but not something that's gonna stick with me for long in my mind.
Nov 3, 2023 6:31 PM

Nov 2021
Just saw this in theaters, it was a little short for me but I still liked it. I wish we could see more. The insert and credits song are sooo good
Nov 3, 2023 7:36 PM
Mar 2023
Having read the novel this was kind of disappointing for me. Koharu not having really any presence in the movie especially sucked for me. the music and animation were good though. I hope others can enjoy more than I was able to. just didn't hit for me
Nov 4, 2023 6:42 PM

Dec 2014
It was a good movie, nothing too great but nice enough to watch.

Won't say anything particularly hit hard for me but the concept was nice and I liked the conclusion with Anzu waiting for him while Touno finally moved on from the loss of Kaoru and recognized his feelings for Anzu.

Don't have too much to add.

7/10
Nov 5, 2023 2:09 AM

Oct 2012
This was only showing in AMC theaters, so I opted to drive the 2.5 hours to see it.

Ended up in some catastrophically bad traffic, so it took me 6 hours to get there.

My review: the movie was worth a 2.5 hour drive, but absolutely not worth a 6 hour drive LOL
Nov 5, 2023 9:53 PM

Mar 2012
Even as a non-reader that was.... disappointing. From other comments it seems they cut out quite a bit of content from novel, and it shows.

Needed more characterization. We see Hanashiro punching Kawasaki; next time they meet, they apologized and made up. WTF?
Drunk dad/new mom plot line never offered closure.
No flashback for Hanashiro; her backstory is just dumped through conversation (tell, not show).

Time dilation (aka Urashima effect) makes for a cheap thrill, but story needed more than that to become memorable.
Nov 14, 2023 6:35 PM

Aug 2008
I found the movie to be beautiful to look at, had a good soundtrack and had a great concept that I feel was fumbled in making the film so short. There wasn't enough time to get me to care about this couple. I also find it doubtful that a grown woman would still be so attached to a month long teenage romance but it being fiction I can give this more of a pass.

Kaoru is going to have some explaining to do if he comes back 13 yrs later still a teenager with no plausible story where he was. Anzu was in there for 5 yrs after going in after him (if I'm understanding this right) so she'll need an explanation as well I suppose! Story ends though so we don't need to find out what story these two are going to come up with. :P
Dec 3, 2023 9:36 AM

Mar 2019
It was a good movie, I'm not a fan of romance and I thought it was really cool. (⁠✿⁠^⁠‿⁠^⁠)
Dec 15, 2023 2:34 PM

Jan 2021
Now that was a decent movie. Its not the best out there and it definitely has problems but the ending is sweet which was a good thing.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Dec 30, 2023 5:40 PM

May 2014
A fine romance movie. Nothing special, but liked the animation. The plot was just OK, though I found it strange that he did not bring his little sister out of the tunnel. All three could smile together. What happened to that?
Dec 30, 2023 5:47 PM

May 2014
Reply to Tsuyo_Mika
Whoa, Anzu hit someone right on the first day of her transfer. Kaoru's bird, Kii, can talk. He said he was taking a walk, a week was an unwelcome surprise. MoCoMo? Is it DoCoMo? 

Both of them are experimenting on the tunnel. Their conversations come off as dating to others 🤣🤣🤣. The texts on the phone were not subbed, so there could be something I'm missing.

Why did he puke though? 

He left her behind to enter the tunnel, because it's not a place to get whatever you want, but instead a place to restore the past. If she didn't have the talent in the past, she can't restore it, so it's better for her to stay behind and develop herself. 

By the time he came back, button phone became smart phone. Though he couldn't bring back Karen, since the very reason for him to go inside the tunnel was to bring her back, at least in the end, he was able to realise that he needs to treasure the present and not try to bring the dead ones from the past back. They can always stay in the memory.

The songs are good, more like the singers' voice is good.
@Tsuyo_Mika

I got that point too, but why not save his precious little sister too? Theoretically, he should be able to bring her back to life by giving her a second chance.
Dec 30, 2023 6:39 PM

May 2020
@mangalicker94 Yes, but that’s the author’s choice. We can only imagine and wish. Maybe the author tried to say silently that if he brought his sister back, he would be returning very late, as in being an old man or even dead. It’s just an assumption.
Jan 1, 3:34 PM

Jun 2014
@mangalicker94 anime-only here, but my understanding is it's to symbolize he's moving forward and no longer holding onto the past.

if we want to be more technical, it's not like bringing Karen back would've fixed the issues in his household, and it would've def added a few years given her low speed/stamina or Kaoru having to carry her. I think it's safe to assume that the more significant of a thing that is regained, the deeper it is in the tunnel and the "cost" to bring it back would be greater. and this part is pure speculation, but it seems like Karen existed in even a separate realm within the tunnel. She was in her own room/world - which is different than the parakeet, sandal, and manga draft - and the color grading was different than anywhere else.

I will say I would've preferred if they had subtly implied a limitation to what can be regained, bc bringing someone that died back to life seems like it would be WAY too op and disruptive to the real world. For example, even something like if they only allowed one person to leave Karen's room (so a life for a life, in essence) would've tied loose ends and made it more believable imo.

           but you can become stronger...

...でもつよくなれるよ                     

Jan 5, 6:43 PM
Jan 2024
THAT WAS FUCKING BEAUTIFUL, ONE OF THE BEST MOVIES I HAVE EVER SEEN
Jan 7, 1:18 AM
Aug 2012
Great love story, story about pain, regrets and hope that we should hold in our hearts no matter what happens in our life.
Jan 9, 9:44 AM
Mar 2017
I really recommend it!
IT has unusual story, and the ending, is really warm.

I wonder what happened to this couple, but I hope they find their best choice for life!
Jan 12, 2:19 PM
Apr 2022
VERRRY GOOOD JUST WATCH
Jan 13, 6:00 AM
Jan 2024
I highly recommend this movie.. love it!

The only thing is that the movie wasnt longer because it was great :)
Jan 22, 9:27 AM
Apr 2023
While I believe this movie had its flaws, it conveys a beautiful message and I enjoyed watching it a lot. A beautiful story
Jan 26, 9:11 PM
Nov 2021
Natsu e no Tunnel, Sayonara no Deguchi is a movie that was on my list, which surprised me so much that I started reading the light novel the moment I finished watching the movie. Seriously, you are a masterpiece.
Feb 1, 3:06 AM
Aug 2017
Good for new comers watch movie
Feb 8, 4:35 AM

Mar 2013
It's decent. I'd rate it 6/10...
Maybe 7/10 because there's something like a happy ending, but that's the most score I can give.

There was really no conclusion. MC didn't get his little sister... 🥲 so that's... kind of disappointing.

I like the premise and the logic but it could be better. I don't hate the series though.

P.S. Don't quote me saying "that's not the point of the story" 🤣

CrazyButNot4UFeb 8, 4:46 AM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Feb 11, 4:33 AM
Feb 2024
Best romance I have seen from an anime. The animations and the vibe while watching this movie is a perfect 10/10
Feb 14, 1:12 AM
Apr 2022
i so suprise this film it very interesting , along time i havent seen any film like that

Mar 3, 12:47 PM

Apr 2013
I'm so angry. This guy left the girl behind, created a f*cking 6-year gap between them, and was not able to bring his sister back?!!!!!
I've never seen such a horrible thing since Katniss Everdeen lost her sister in the war!!

.·:*¨ 𝕾𝖊𝖙 𝕸𝖊 𝕱𝖗𝖊𝖊 - 𝕵𝖊𝖘𝖘𝖎𝖈𝖆 𝕵𝖚𝖓𝖌 ¨*:·. 𓆩♡𓆪
𝟬:𝟱𝟱 ㅇ──────────────── 𝟯:𝟮𝟲
↺¹ |◁ ▷| ⋮≡
Mar 12, 2:03 PM

Jun 2015
This was a good movie T-T
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Mar 24, 2:42 AM

Jun 2023
The movie needed an extra 30 minutes definitely. Other than that I quite enjoyed it
Mar 29, 2:30 AM
Mar 2024
dso peak fr fr fr fr
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Damn, it's BAD

Akita_Han - Nov 16, 2023

24 by todd2580 »»
Mar 18, 5:11 PM

» (SPOILER) Why didn't Anzu...

hainq - Jul 27, 2023

20 by janreycampo »»
Feb 18, 2:17 AM

» How is the manga or light novel

djodjd - Jan 28

6 by Spyr0H »»
Jan 30, 8:48 AM

» Small Mistake About Their First Name & Surname

MichLoverz - Nov 21, 2023

13 by holo-simp »»
Jan 10, 11:05 AM

» So how much is... (Spoilers)

Koustubh - Aug 18, 2023

9 by Py687 »»
Nov 16, 2023 5:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.