Forum Settings
Forums

'Seiken Densetsu: Legend of Mana - The Teardrop Crystal' Unveils Supporting Cast

New
Aug 18, 2022 9:57 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014

The official website of the Seiken Densetsu: Legend of Mana - The Teardrop Crystal television anime revealed seven supporting cast and a commercial on Friday. The anime is scheduled to premiere on October 8 at 1:25 a.m. on MBS and TBS's Super Animeism programming block.

Cast
Nikita: Wataru Takagi (Dorohedoro)
Rachel: Minami Takahashi (Shokugeki no Souma)
Nuvel: Hiroshi Yanaka (Free!)
Mark: Makoto Yasumura (Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi)
Kusabito: Chitose Morinaga (New Game!)
Inspector Boyd: Shinpachi Tsuji (Fairy Tail)
Yuka-chan: Misaki Kuno (Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou)

Masato Jinbo (Isekai Shokudou) is directing and handling the series composition at Graphinica and Yokohama Animation Lab. Tarou Ikegami (Lapis Re:LiGHTs) is designing the characters and Yoko Shimomura (Seiken Densetsu: Legend of Mana game) is composing the music.

Legend of Mana, the fourth game in the Seiken Densetsu series, was released on PlayStation in 1999 and published by Square Enix. An HD remasters for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and PC released in June 2021.

CM

Source: Comic Natalie
VindstotAug 18, 2022 10:34 PM
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Aug 18, 2022 10:19 PM

Apr 2012
According to Google, the original game is quite famous. But how well will the anime adaptation come close to it?
Aug 18, 2022 10:46 PM

Jul 2015
Misaki Kuno is in almost every show recently. LoL

Aug 18, 2022 11:05 PM

Feb 2021
Great! This series reminds me of Gummy Bears cartoon so much! It is my favorite cartoon from my childhood along with Adventures of Winnie the Pooh!

How many episodes will it have? Is there any info?
MemoreAug 18, 2022 11:09 PM
Aug 19, 2022 1:00 AM

Oct 2017
The visuals, characters looks neat.
Aug 19, 2022 1:14 PM

Aug 2013
Oh neat, there probably won't be enough time but it would be cool if they expanded a bit more on Rachel's character, she was always one of my favourite NPCs in the game. Seems her mother won't appear, though.

Haven't seen Teapo in any of the PVs yet, it would be a shame if they left her race out of the adaptation.

RobertBobert said:
According to Google, the original game is quite famous. But how well will the anime adaptation come close to it?

Kinda, it apparently became a cult hit in the last few years but I was still surprised that it got an anime. It wasn't well received when it first came out and was kind of the black sheep of the Mana series due to how different and experimental it was at the time.

The game has 3 major arcs, and from the looks of it the anime will only adapt the Jumi arc. No idea what side content will make into it, or if they plan on adapting the end of the game.
Aug 19, 2022 1:17 PM

Apr 2012
Satyr_icon said:
Oh neat, there probably won't be enough time but it would be cool if they expanded a bit more on Rachel's character, she was always one of my favourite NPCs in the game. Seems her mother won't appear, though.

Haven't seen Teapo in any of the PVs yet, it would be a shame if they left her race out of the adaptation.

RobertBobert said:

Kinda, it apparently became a cult hit in the last few years but I was still surprised that it got an anime. It wasn't well received when it first came out and was kind of the black sheep of the Mana series due to how different and experimental it was at the time.

The game has 3 major arcs, and from the looks of it the anime will only adapt the Jumi arc. No idea what side content will make into it, or if they plan on adapting the end of the game.

Is this an adaptation of a new game from an old series?
Aug 19, 2022 1:21 PM

Aug 2013
RobertBobert said:

No, it's an old game, it came out in 1999. It got a remaster a while ago though, which was when the anime was announced as well.
Aug 19, 2022 1:30 PM

Apr 2012
Satyr_icon said:
RobertBobert said:

No, it's an old game, it came out in 1999. It got a remaster a while ago though, which was when the anime was announced as well.

Is that why it's done in full 2D?
Aug 19, 2022 1:38 PM

Feb 2021
Satyr_icon said:

RobertBobert said:

How many episodes do you think will Mana have? 12? I hope for more, I like the story so much although I have never played the game.
Aug 19, 2022 1:59 PM

Aug 2013
RobertBobert said:

What do you mean exactly? I think they were just following on the series style. Secret and Trials were like that as well, only Legend has fully hand-drawn sceneries.
Sotara said:

How many episodes do you think will Mana have? 12? I hope for more, I like the story so much although I have never played the game.

Probably 12, if it was more than that they could probably adapt more than one arc plus some side quests, but the PVs don't show any characters from other arcs.

How do you know of the story?
Aug 19, 2022 2:51 PM

Feb 2021
Satyr_icon said:
RobertBobert said:

What do you mean exactly? I think they were just following on the series style. Secret and Trials were like that as well, only Legend has fully hand-drawn sceneries.
Sotara said:

Probably 12, if it was more than that they could probably adapt more than one arc plus some side quests, but the PVs don't show any characters from other arcs.

I hope for 24-26 episodes.

I read synopsis and info on Wiki.
Aug 19, 2022 11:40 PM

Apr 2012
Satyr_icon said:
RobertBobert said:

Sotara said:

I mean, 2D was just a stylization or a time style solution.
Aug 20, 2022 5:05 AM
Feb 2014
I really like the animal/creature designs of this, sooo cute!!! ^-^

Sotara said:
Great! This series reminds me of Gummy Bears cartoon so much! It is my favorite cartoon from my childhood along with Adventures of Winnie the Pooh!

Agree, Disney's adventures of the Gummi Bears is one of my most favorite childhood cartoons too!!! I also really love Darkwing Duck!!! :)
My Shoujo, Josei and Female targeted anime adaptations starting from 2017+ stacks:

Part 1: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9181
Part 2: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9195
Part 3: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9225
Part 4: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9280
Aug 20, 2022 5:08 AM

Feb 2021
Dauphine said:
I really like the animal/creature designs of this, sooo cute!!! ^-^

Sotara said:

Agree, Disney's adventures of the Gummi Bears is one of my most favorite childhood cartoons too!!! I also really love Darkwing Duck!!! :)

I like DuckTales too!

More topics from this board

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - 7 hours ago

10 by Calal-Chan »»
1 minute ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - 4 hours ago

6 by DrHizzle »»
1 hour ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 24

5 by Kushna »»
7 hours ago

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

17 by animegamer245 »»
9 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

31 by animegamer245 »»
11 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.