Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Nov 16, 2022 2:50 PM

May 2014
curvedtree said:
Goobris said:
Without giving it away directly, Oda mentioned that a very important piece of information about Shanks was revealed in this movie. Where there a big reveal that stands out to you, or was it kind of an “oh yeah I guess that’s kind of interesting” moment?

Something about Shanks' haki being really powerful, Shanks' bounty when he left Foosha Village 12 years ago, his crewmates fighting style and a bit of details on their character. The subreddit has more details if you got curious

I wonder if I was the only one who noticed. But when we saw Uta's flashbacks, we saw a brief moment of Shanks's past where he looked directly at Roger and Rayleigh. This is only speculation from my side, but I think Shanks was adopted similarly to Uta by Roger's crew, which makes him special and one of the longest crew members of Roger's pirates. So, Roger was like a godfather to Shanks, similar to what Shanks was to Uta/Luffy.
Nov 16, 2022 2:52 PM

May 2014
VolKur said:
BigBoya said:
that means they shown shanks fighting

Yeah, we will see Shanks and his crew members fighting in the movie.

Without revealing anything, he will fight, but it's very brief. Nothing special new if you read the manga. If you only watch the anime, however,....
Nov 16, 2022 4:59 PM

Feb 2014
mangalicker94 said:
I wonder if I was the only one who noticed. But when we saw Uta's flashbacks, we saw a brief moment of Shanks's past where he looked directly at Roger and Rayleigh. This is only speculation from my side, but I think Shanks was adopted similarly to Uta by Roger's crew, which makes him special and one of the longest crew members of Roger's pirates. So, Roger was like a godfather to Shanks, similar to what Shanks was to Uta/Luffy.

Search for "Volume 4000000000"
Nov 16, 2022 6:59 PM
Dec 2008
curvedtree said:
Disappointed with the writing, too many characters that didn't need to be there, we have three people with the "same power" (Law, Brulée, Bruno, ie moving people around) and a Fujitora that was okay with the Marines killing civilians by Kizaru's orders.

I actually thought it was nice to see such a niche set of powers prove to be useful. Not a writing issue either way. In fact, I'd call it a net positive.

Cast size is also a matter of personal preference. I don't feel strongly in favor or against. Again, not a writing issue.

Although his part in the movie was rather limited, I think a few folks are losing track of the situation when they criticize Fujitora. What exactly was he going to do as a response? It makes sense to protest when there is clearly another alternative and the stakes are rather easy to handle. If such an alternative isn't present and 3/4s of the world population could still die if the enemy's plan is allowed to succeed...that's a whole other order of magnitude. He still tried to minimize the damage in a couple of moments, but it's not like he had another option to offer which would resolve everything without fighting.

galicker94 said:

Without revealing anything, he will fight, but it's very brief. Nothing special new if you read the manga. If you only watch the anime, however,....

I'd say that's...inaccurate and an understatement. Shanks hasn't done much fighting in the manga either way. In fact, this is the most we've seen him fight so far. I'm sure that will eventually change in the future, when the manga makes more progress, but that's speculation.
Nov 16, 2022 9:30 PM

Sep 2015
Goddamn forgot to post here, anyway, Just finished my 20th watch on November 15th. Best of all I got the greatest camera angle for my picture taken for the One Piece Film Red poster. So i'm happy. This is a memorable moment, and especially people were quiet 95% of the time. Great stuff! I will miss this film! still feel like I didn't get enough of it !
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Nov 17, 2022 6:22 PM

Apr 2019
Watched it with my g in the theatres. Never watched one piece before so caught me off guard at first with the music-centered story, but i liked it more and more as it went on. thought the animation would b better considering it's a 2022 movie but ig not enough budget.

it was aight, 5/10.

Nov 18, 2022 12:47 PM
Dec 2021
me flipa todo, no entiendo a la gente que se queja de las canciones y todo eso cuando a mi me encanto. SEGUN ODA UTA SIGUE VIVA
Nov 20, 2022 2:24 AM
Nov 2009
I love One Piece but this is probably the most overrated one piece movie. Probably because I've never been fond of musicals even though the music scores were great. Just a ton of cameos and unnatural reactions from the main characters. The fight scenes felt cluttered with special effects and the final villain looking like it came straight from Madoka Magica. Still a good movie though 7/10, just not the best like most people here seem to think.
Nov 20, 2022 7:12 AM
Dec 2008
mikzflava said:
I love One Piece but this is probably the most overrated one piece movie. Probably because I've never been fond of musicals even though the music scores were great. Just a ton of cameos and unnatural reactions from the main characters. The fight scenes felt cluttered with special effects and the final villain looking like it came straight from Madoka Magica. Still a good movie though 7/10, just not the best like most people here seem to think.

People appreciate the music and other elements more than others. I don't know what "unnatural" reaction you're talking about. If you're talking about Luffy, then Oda himself made it that way.

Nov 22, 2022 3:07 AM
May 2021
Yes, just yes, yes and yes

Nov 22, 2022 3:34 AM
Jan 2017
so what happen to Uta, is she died at the end? i may miss the scene but i cannot see her anywhere after Luffy wake up..
Nov 22, 2022 9:04 AM
Oct 2014
wena wena muy wena
Nov 22, 2022 11:11 AM

Aug 2009
mangalicker94 said:
ssjokg said:

8/10

Nov 25, 2022 10:27 PM
Aug 2020
LOVE AND PEACE IS ALAWAYS HEARTBREAK
Nov 28, 2022 9:24 PM
Jun 2021
best one piece movie
Nov 30, 2022 11:57 PM
Oct 2022
Best one piece movie in my opinion.
Dec 2, 2022 9:25 PM
Jul 2018
mangalicker94 said:
It was an enormous privilege for me to watch the 15th One Piece movie at a cinema in Norway (Colosseum cinema). It was a premiere and I didn't even know. LOL. I loved it. Even the executive producer appeared and promoted the movie. The first OP movie showed in Scandinavia. Finally, it took them 23 years!

Wow this is amazing, you guys really went all out over there! 🤯 As your neighbor (from Stockholm, Sweden) I'm lowkey jealous!
Dec 3, 2022 7:18 AM
Apr 2020
It’s like a One Piece version to the infinite tsukuyomi, kind of like Oda modified what Kishimoto wrote prior. The idea of a dream world where everyone can live together in peace. The twisted ideal of Uta is so similar to that of Madara’s.
Dec 4, 2022 1:45 AM
Jun 2020
Music so good ! Uta so pretty and adorable
Dec 5, 2022 4:04 PM
Oct 2020
not enough shanks
Dec 13, 2022 2:02 AM

Jul 2021
The movie overall is nothing that groundbreaking but the selling point for me is Uta's singing. I have Backlight as my fav song she performs.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Dec 17, 2022 1:47 PM
Oct 2021
Too much singing not enough fighting
Dec 20, 2022 8:33 AM
Apr 2016
very good story but a bitter end for a friend from luffy again
Dec 22, 2022 7:59 AM
Mar 2021
Ta buenaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
TvT
Dec 23, 2022 10:22 AM
Dec 2022
very nice with ado
Dec 25, 2022 5:36 AM
Dec 2022
great must watch big w
Jan 4, 2023 1:26 PM
Jan 2021
I loved ados singing, overall 10/10 movie
Jan 12, 2023 6:28 PM
Sep 2018
it was pretty good, the voice acting of Uta was very good, as well as the music, and she really carried the film with her motivations and actions and even back.
the ending fight was a little disappointing and lacked weight in my opinion and the presence of Blueno and Bepo was kind of funny at first, but after the first joke with them, it got old.

Good movie but felt like it dragged a bit at the end
Jan 19, 2023 2:45 PM
Sep 2020
Movie was amazing
Jan 21, 2023 6:14 PM
May 2020
loved it.loved it.loved it.loved it.loved it.loved it.loved it.
Jan 24, 2023 12:37 PM

Feb 2015
I went in with no expectations and was still somewhat disappointed. 

The pacing for the whole movie felt off, like there was this constant hurry to hit the next story beat. Some scenes focused way too much on telling and not showing or revealing a story beat that could have been introduced more organically beforehand. The jokes were a hit-or-miss but then again, that's how I feel about OP's humor in general so it's not a big deal to me. The animation overall was a mixed bag: while there were fight scenes and character animations that were animated gorgeously (especially towards the end), a lot of the action felt lackluster and like the characters were punching and slicing air instead of solid matter with no real weight behind them. The soundtrack was definitely a highlight of the movie and the voice-over work and the audio design in general were high quality. I really liked the costume design for the characters (as usual) and the island's visual design too.

If I'm being honest, the movie felt like a fanfiction and not the good kind. All in all, I'm just glad Shanks got more than 8 seconds of screen time this time around lol
LODE-STARJan 25, 2023 12:35 AM
Feb 18, 2023 12:12 AM
Jan 2022
It sucks. Could have done a better job,
Feb 23, 2023 11:30 AM
Apr 2021
Another masterpiece from the writer and director of this wonderful anime. I suggest you see this work
Mar 3, 2023 8:22 AM
May 2021
love Ado's songs~
Mar 7, 2023 8:36 AM

Jul 2013
One of my all time favorites. Can't wait to buy the Blu Ray when it comes out.
Mar 7, 2023 10:58 PM

Jan 2013
This movie is everything that's wrong with new One Piece movies. Filled to the brim with nonsense cameos, movie original characters retroactively and clumsily written into existing backstories, and the villain has one of the most broken abilities that would change the balance of power in the world if it were actually canon.
Mar 8, 2023 1:00 AM

Nov 2018
Really good movie.

What surprised me the most was actually

Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Check out my list of emojis you can copy and paste in the forums here. List will expand in the future.
Mar 8, 2023 3:24 AM

Dec 2012
Good overall. But why they show the Gear 5 Luffy?

Mar 8, 2023 5:44 AM

Apr 2022
amazing movie, every single song was fire. ado snapped!

the peak animation was crazy too, i had to pause so many times just to appreciate it. whole crew was suffering from peak sakuga. even issho's fight scene.
man, i love fights with music so much and this movie delivered absolutely that.

shanks and his crew looked as good as ever, yasopp too. glad to see more familiar faces like katakuri, CP0 and bleuno, issho and the marines. more characters like boa during the ED.
gear 5 tho LMAO toei said screw it, you anime-onlys get a spoiler! as a manga reader, i laughed.
also, all the females looked divine, strong 9/10 for me. will definitely rewatch this movie sometime soon.
Mar 8, 2023 8:14 AM

Jan 2021
Usopp and Uasopp using their observation Haki was an amazing father son moment and the animation was fire asf I didn’t care about the music but the rest was great
Mar 8, 2023 9:36 AM

Oct 2008
Dreadful waste of time. 
This movie was so clumsily paced, jumping from one thing to the next with no downtime and rapidfire exposition, no time to let anything register. Overcrowded with cameos for the sake of either fanservice or at best, a dues ex machina (Bartolomeo and Law).
Nice performances from Uta, but the way it segways into her songs is quite jarring and unnatural a lot of the time, and so is the characterization for everyone in this movie in general for that matter. Everything just felt slightly off. 
Overall probably not as bad as Stampede, but still incredibly disappointing imo. I was bored out of my mind during the third act.

Mar 8, 2023 11:19 AM
Oct 2020
Overall it was an ok movie with some great songs from Ado. The story was weak to say it nicely. Shanks just shows up to show some haki and moves but we don't actually learn more about him. 6/10 movie.
Mar 8, 2023 11:26 AM
Dec 2008
Rexnihilo said:
Overall it was an ok movie with some great songs from Ado. The story was weak to say it nicely. Shanks just shows up to show some haki and moves but we don't actually learn more about him. 6/10 movie.

Open to debate, because there are various implications, but I guess it doesn't matter since the manga will be more explicit. Still, I found that aspect interesting in the movie.

Hatul said:
Dreadful waste of time. 
This movie was so clumsily paced, jumping from one thing to the next with no downtime and rapidfire exposition, no time to let anything register. Overcrowded with cameos for the sake of either fanservice or at best, a dues ex machina (Bartolomeo and Law).
Nice performances from Uta, but the way it segways into her songs is quite jarring and unnatural a lot of the time, and so is the characterization for everyone in this movie in general for that matter. Everything just felt slightly off. 
Overall probably not as bad as Stampede, but still incredibly disappointing imo. I was bored out of my mind during the third act.

I disagree, for me the transition to the songs were appropriate either contextually or emotionally. The characterization was fine under the circumstances involved. 

As for the pacing, my only issue there was around the midpoint of the film yet I was fully immersed into the last act.

Nevertheless, I didn't have a ton of trouble with the exposition and getting in the moment when important events happened. This is personal, of course.

Mar 8, 2023 12:42 PM

Jan 2014
BRO this was absolutely amazing. Episode 1029, 1030 and this movie is what makes One Piece so fucking good. The grand fights are great and all, but what makes this anime truly special is the characters and the living breathing world that they live in.

I think we only have 1 more movie, maybe two more, but I hope it's on the quality that is Film Red. Stampede was a big let down, and was honestly kinda forgettable. It was all action and no depth, yet it's regarded more favorably and rated higher by most people. A shame people can't appreciate true value.

EASY 9/10

Also if I'm correct, Uta died at the end :( RIP
Mar 8, 2023 12:43 PM

Jan 2014
x2kill4 said:
so what happen to Uta, is she died at the end? i may miss the scene but i cannot see her anywhere after Luffy wake up..

It's HEAVILY implied that Uta died.
Mar 8, 2023 10:19 PM

Aug 2011
Mar 8, 2023 10:25 PM
Sep 2010
it's a fun "turn of your brain popcorn flick" movie but easily the weakest of the 5 "Films" overseen by Oda.

the songs are good and Uta's powers are interesting, the action is great, the fanservice at the end with shanks is worth watching the movie for alone.

just a couple things that bugged me, first is fujitora being ok with akainu and kizaru's plan to kill Uta and 70% of the world population makes no damn sense, based on his manga appearances there is absolutely no way he would go along with that, he even goes back to that personality at the end of the film when he refuses to fight shanks with so many sleeping civilians around, but just 30 minutes ago he was fine helping wipe out over half the world.

Shanks is a moron, sure it was nice that he wanted Uta to achieve her dream but you do not abandon your child under any circumstances on a lie, this entire movie and her "death" is entirely his fault. really hurt his character for me.

also no vivi in the end credit cameos, she's basically the only one left out (they could have done a little hint towards where she actually is)
Mar 9, 2023 3:38 AM
Mar 2020
Film Red became my favorite One Piece movie along with the Omatsuri Danshaku. I really like how they promoted Uta as an arc princess during PV's just like Nami and Robin, while baiting us into believing that even more with sending her concert some pirates lurked among the fans planning to kidnap her mainly Big Mom pirates. At that point I geniuenly believed that this was going to be another cliche OP formula where Luffy chases down a girl and saves her from the big bad boys. When Uta turned out to be movie's main villian I was geniuenly suprised, happy and exicited. After that my main expectation was Uta getting "Talk No Jutsu" after fighting a little bit against Luffy and Shanks. But that also didn't happened. Despite getting sympathy a lot from Luffy and Shanks Uta never backed down from her desire and to be honest she was quite evil and had a really twisted personality. She only gave up and took the responsibility of the events and simply commited suicide after getting defeated.

Overall it really deserves 10/10. Animation, Art and Music was also quite good. Especially Musics of this movie definitely will be on my playlist for a while.
Mar 9, 2023 6:42 AM
Aug 2021
Watched it on 09/03/2023 in HD, And I don't regret waiting this long to watch it. Honestly, this was really good, I have to thank the animators who a lot of time and effort into it. my rating 8.5/10 ish
Mar 9, 2023 9:48 AM

May 2013
Just got my hand on the movie, managed to suffer through it.
What a disappointment. Holy shit...
I gave it a 4/10, but feels like it might be too generous. I've been watching anime OVAs and movies for a really long time now. I've seen pretty much every major release related to a big name medium, but this really feels like a bottom barrel movie. Best decision of my life that I didn't buy a movie ticket for this garbage. Probably would have walked out after like 30 mins.

Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

» Is this the worst one piece movie? ( 1 2 )

EndlessMaria - Mar 10, 2023

69 by Zarutaku »»
Feb 22, 3:52 PM

Poll: » Best Film Red Song (Since the movie is now out on streaming services)

Cestlavie_ - Mar 7, 2023

18 by Itzmespooky »»
Jun 7, 2023 5:45 PM

» So where is Kyuubey???

Hitagi__Furude - Mar 11, 2023

5 by Lightzter »»
Mar 13, 2023 9:47 PM

» One Piece FILM RED is Confirmed to be 4th Highest-Grossing Anime Film Worldwide!

Ridzaxster - Feb 17, 2023

8 by yonkoakagami4 »»
Mar 12, 2023 6:59 PM

» Question about emperor of the seas (SPOILERS!!)

Ania_BH - Mar 9, 2023

7 by R77Prodigy »»
Mar 11, 2023 12:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.