Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jul 22, 2022 11:42 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
thedryness said:
_MushiRock11_ said:
I'm just a little confused how Tokiko's shadows managed to break the connection with Haine. Could anyone explain this for me?

Ushio erased their connection to Haine.

Could you elaborate on the whole erasure part? I don't quite understand how Ushio has this ability?
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jul 22, 2022 11:58 AM

Mar 2014
Hot damn this anime is SOOOOO GEEEEWD! Its a shame on how underrated/watch it is now, but to be fair when it blows up people tend to bring up the fact that is it "overrated".

Epic episode and battle going down, gosh I kept thinking when the battle was in their odds, something was going to messed up but NOP! Ushio with the OP abilities and generally her awesome self outbeating the shadows and Shide! Not to mention well played on Shinpei for wearing some protection for the bullets.
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Jul 22, 2022 12:19 PM

Jul 2014
I'm a tiny bit confused by Shinpei's explanation of the looping deadline: I thought the whole reason that there was a deadline was because there was a point of no return where they would no longer be able to stop the Shadows from consuming the entire island rather than because the loop start point would move past a point where he's dead (or whatever the hell that whole "cliff edge" metaphor actually meant). I feel like that explanation just made something that seemingly made sense more confusing than it needed to be. Also, since when does Ushio have the ability to erase a Shadow's connection to Haine like that? Did they just forget to explain or show that, or were we supposed to not know about it until that moment? Actually, it kind of feels like the writers have started pulling a lot of Shadows powers out of their asses recently to keep the plot moving without properly explaining or foreshadowing them.

Those questions aside, some fantastic animation for the fight scenes this episode. I'm still disappointed that it's becoming more about fight scenes and losing that interesting mystery tone in the process, but if it continues to be animated this well I can kind of forgive it; not enough so as to end up liking the second cour more than the first (as it feels much more generic and "shounen-y" now), but enough to not completely hate the change in approach.
AtavisticJul 22, 2022 12:26 PM
Jul 22, 2022 12:26 PM

Feb 2019
The sakuga during the hizuru fight in the hallway was phenomenal. By far the best anime of spring 2022. Disney jail should be a damn crime. Everyone should be on this.
Jul 22, 2022 12:49 PM

Mar 2009
This episode was packed! I was in complete awe at the budget and work put into the animation and ost. Best episode so far and Ushio with short hair is such a boss. Honestly this series had some ups and downs every week since it started airing but this episode? Hats off. I'm extremely impressed.
Jul 22, 2022 1:31 PM

Jun 2022
By far my favorite episode of the show so far the animation was eye candy and it had me on the edge of my seat.
Jul 22, 2022 1:51 PM

Feb 2021
Sorry guys, I forgot where and why Shinpei got the Shadow mark on his shoulder. Can someone remind me please? Thanks!
Jul 22, 2022 1:52 PM
May 2017
-Marce said:
Sorry guys, I forgot where and why Shinpei got the Shadow mark on his shoulder. Can someone remind me please? Thanks!

When Ushio showed the video few episodes back during first half, Haine managed to grab onto Shinpei's arm through Shiori
Jul 22, 2022 1:54 PM

Feb 2021
Namaryu said:
-Marce said:

When Ushio showed the video few episodes back during first half, Haine managed to grab onto Shinpei's arm through Shiori

Indeed! How could I forgot so important detail! Thank you so much for the reminder!
Jul 22, 2022 2:21 PM
Mar 2019
I can't comprehend why everybody is saying that this was the best episode. In my opinion, it was the worst but all of the bad parts were covered by the budget and superb animation. All of the mystery is gone and we only have a ridiculously stupid villain, Deus ex machina new powers every episode and a story that cuts corners.
Jul 22, 2022 2:49 PM

Jul 2022
they think shinpei gonna die haha
also waddup with sibling love triangles here, mio and ushio like shinpei and tokiko and sou like mio
Jul 22, 2022 2:50 PM

May 2021
I feel like some of the powers used here should have been set up beforehand like Ushio's ability to cut a shadow's connection with Haine. Apart from that, cool fight.

Jul 22, 2022 3:10 PM
Jul 2018
The facial expressions absolutely popped off this episode. Seriously detailed close up shots that I don’t recall seeing in any of the other episodes
Jul 22, 2022 3:43 PM

Feb 2021
_MushiRock11_ said:
thedryness said:

Ushio erased their connection to Haine.

Could you elaborate on the whole erasure part? I don't quite understand how Ushio has this ability?

It seems like Ushio has figured out her powers can reverse Haine's corruption. She can basically convert shadows to her cause by removing the influence of Haine from them. She figured it out previous episode or the one before I believe.
Jul 22, 2022 3:48 PM

May 2021
I did not expect that ending with mio ngl

Jul 22, 2022 3:49 PM

Jan 2020
What an intense episode!! I might not have liked the previous episode, but this one was phenomenal. It seems that the studio forfeited the quality of the last episode for the sake of delivering a better episode this week.

Still not fully revealing everything, but revealing enough to keep the viewer engaged and interested.
I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.
Jul 22, 2022 4:05 PM
Apr 2021
Just watched it and MY GOD THIS EPISODE WAS AMAZINGGGGGGG finally the group is alive for once instead of all of them getting killed off🤩🥳 and the way Haine took all the air out the school was freakishly amazing😩
Jul 22, 2022 4:05 PM
Panzer Vor!

Jun 2014
>Time loop anime
> Prob best episode is episode 15 (until now for me)
Have i saw this before? XD (who knows knows)
Truly great episode the animation was the best until now.
Jul 22, 2022 4:18 PM

Jul 2019
Amazing episode! Finally no one dies from the human team. I wasn't expecting they will capture Shadow Mio at the end. Will Ushio be able to convert her to the good side? I don't know really.

Looking forward to the next episode!
Jul 22, 2022 5:03 PM

Oct 2011
My man Nezu is pissed, going all in with the no scopes on Shide! The episode was fire and the good guys win this time, but the final task is getting harder to reach every time. Can't wait for next week!
Jul 22, 2022 5:17 PM

Dec 2020
THAT WAS INTENSEEE. probably the best outcome of a fight so far tho, right? im thankful for that.

im interested on why haine was so obsessed with shiori's body. she said that it was bc she wanted to live as her and her family(???) so im guessing that some unfulfilled childhood things or somethinf💀 damn even ghost demons got these problems too huh

im assuming the body inside shide's body is that person sou's dad was calling after the funeral? in the back alley. ill be pissed the hell off if it turns out to be ryuunosuke
Jul 22, 2022 5:28 PM

Jun 2020
That was one of the best anime episodes I've EVER watched, incridible! This is def the best new anime this year, period.
Jul 22, 2022 7:21 PM
Nov 2020
What a fight! What a great episode! The best one so far.
This anime still lives up to my expectation. There’s nothing much to complain about.
Jul 22, 2022 7:35 PM
May 2020
I'm sorry,but I just can't avoid to laugh at the people who thought the show would go downhill only because the animation of the last episode was flat,and then now we had one of the best animated episodes of this entire animes season.🤣🤣

Look:I understand stay worried because of animation downhill,hell I also stay that way with the second part of ousama ranking,but I think that one and now summertime taught me that: before regretting that the animation is going to be like this wait and see if it won't improve in the next one, because in 23/24/25/26 episode anime the focus always goes to the later episodes, focused on action.
And this was the case for both episode 15 of summertime, compared to episode 14. As for episode 21 of Ousama Ranking compared to previous ones.
That said: what worries me the most is whether the story will go in a good direction or not.
Jul 22, 2022 9:10 PM

Feb 2016
why is this anime not popular? this anime need more marketing
Jul 22, 2022 10:39 PM

Jun 2021
Shinpei’s on loop 7. With Haine realizing they loop together, he’s just got loop 8 and that’s probably it. I don’t know if it’s good news or not but that 50 meter range could be vital.

Rosencratz and Guildenstern are pretty interesting names for those giant shadow babies. Damn, Tokiko. Just kept that little skill in her back pocket huh? That fight with the shadows was wild. Nagumo/Ryunosuke with the shotty was pretty impressive. That’s some agility! Plus old man Nezu with the no scope headshot. Took out a part of Shide’s face! Shadow Mio was tough but in the end she was no match for the gang. Looks like she might be joining them very soon!

Ushio and Shinpei almost had the big fucker too with that fire. Good thing Shinpei had that vest or he would be gone. That big bastard is resilient like a damn roach but at least they clipped Haine/Shiori in the throat. But man, just when things looked hopeless Ushio punched a fucking hole in that bastard’s chest! At least we know now that Shide has a human form. I’m very curious to know who it is.

But for now, score one for the Shinpei’s team.
Jul 22, 2022 11:05 PM

Oct 2008
omg! anther banger intense episode!
the tables have turned ... well not yet but they are not matched anymore! cuz Haine struggled on defeating Shimpei but ultimately failed to do so...now they are gonna imprint the bad Mio...i wonder what's next...
5/5.

Jul 22, 2022 11:17 PM

Oct 2012
Dang this episode was cool as heck.
Jul 22, 2022 11:20 PM

May 2019
Man, what an exciting episode, I was on the edge of my seat the entire time! It was nice to have the good guys survive through the entire episode, and it looks like shadow Mio will join the cast! You'd think there would be only a couple of episodes left the way things are currently going but with 10 episodes remaining there is lots of stuff that can happen. I'll enjoy the brief victory but I'm sure there's more death to come, and the last loop will probably be used too.
Jul 22, 2022 11:59 PM
Nov 2020
THAT WAS AN INSANELY GOOD EPISODE.

The action and direction was absolutely on point, so much so that it felt like I was watching a high budget movie on a few of the shots. The audio usage was really creative and added a lot of tension towards the end of the fight. All of the characters had their moment in this episode, and sheesh did Ushio go off during the fight. Also, we learned a lot more about how the shadows work and how the time loops work as well, so you could kind of call this an info dump episode.

Best info dump episode I have ever seen.
Jul 23, 2022 1:21 AM

Jan 2013
Anime censored Shadow Mio at the end. Manga gave us a nice view of tits and nips.
Jul 23, 2022 1:51 AM

Jul 2021
Damnnnn what an episode. Just one more loop left, yabai.

Shiori/Haine had to use her ultimate there to get outta that situation, Ushio and Shinpie were scaringly close to finsih both Haine and Shide off.

2 Mio's now :)

5/5.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Jul 23, 2022 2:07 AM
Jul 2022
Just Watched It Right now.
As Usual, This SHIDE dude Un killable😭🤣 .
The animation Got Peak In this Episode Fr.
Best Ep So far. can't Wait For The next One😩❤️
Jul 23, 2022 2:11 AM
May 2017
VP2003boi said:
ImGeneric said:
I really want to know who was in charge of the key animation for the first few minutes. Damn, character animation rivaled KyoAni there.
Some more notable people were: takeshi Maenami, ayaka tsuji, keisuke kobayashi, reiko nagasawa, haruka iida, osamu murata, yasushi nishiya (who was also the animation director), etc

the hair animation is so detail on this episode

ACasualViewer said:
Might have been the best episode so far, the plays were incredible.

I especially love that they confirmed takio is into mio and that they found an optimal way to use all the information they gathered so far for what could have been a nice final battle. Though with 10 episodes left there is probably a lot more to tell.

bro everytime i say "this is best episode of the series" it gets immediately topped by the next weeks episode holy shit i will say it again if the quality is still the same until the end this will be the 2022 AoTY because if wasnt for distribution and marketing issues this will be the highest rated anime of 2022

Jul 23, 2022 5:12 AM
May 2021
this episode was at peak guys 🔥🔥🔥🔥. Loved it. This anime is a masterpiece
Jul 23, 2022 5:13 AM
May 2021
animeman_02 said:
ImGeneric said:

If you try to look it up hard, you can but its not subbed yet.

Also, I would prefer if you'll wait for the sub since you will miss many details.

Episode was a banger, thank you for elevating this arc of the manga OLM.

cant you just tell me the site or the source you used to watch the ep?

Watch in Animixplay app. Download it's apk from Google
Jul 23, 2022 5:48 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Short hair Ushio is best Ushio for me. I also really enjoyed the action in this episode, so many things going on. Now the question is who's behind Shide, hmmmmm...
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Jul 23, 2022 9:22 AM
Mar 2015
Things did not go the way Haine wanted
Jul 23, 2022 9:45 AM
Jul 2019
I'm becoming increasingly upset with the fact that the review with the most likes about this show at MAL is a bad and hasty one with a 3 score.
Imagine saying that Shinpei is a dumb protagonist?
jvsmirandaJul 23, 2022 9:52 AM
Jul 23, 2022 10:20 AM

Apr 2018
I'm becoming increasingly upset with the fact that the review with the most likes about this show at MAL is a bad and hasty one with a 3 score.
Imagine saying that Shinpei is a dumb protagonist?

What an idea to make such an assassinating criticism after having watched only 5 episodes out of 25 (which is not at all representative enough of the anime to make an opinion).

That one can drop after 5 episodes, I can understand but to judge a series so harshly with so little hindsight...

At worst you drop a score of 6 but not 3...
Even the worst isekai of the season doesn't deserve this grade.

Fortunately this is a spoiler review, newbies who want to have an opinion before starting, will not see it.
YumekuaJul 23, 2022 10:26 AM
Jul 23, 2022 12:23 PM

May 2018
DAMN Ushio with short hair looks soo much better than long hair

- swimsuit too = pefecto

"Don't give up after failing just twice.
We'll be able to do it next time.
Failure is the stepping stone to success."

Jul 23, 2022 3:16 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Ngl I am kind of lost as to what exactly is happening, this show would be even better as a straight up binge watch to keep everything fresh in the mind. I hate the little recaps that some anime give you at the beginning of each episode (like I finished binge-watching black clover about a month ago, but man the recaps were annoying. There's not even much info for you to remember from week to week if you watched it while it was airing), but man each episode of summertime rendering kind of gives you quite a lot that you have to remember, and I'd actually would appreciate a quick recap at the start of each of these episodes. But then again, I also have to appreciate them for making the viewer responsible for being completely caught up, for not holding their hand throughout. All in all, it's no big deal, because I'll re-watch all this again at some point, because this sure deserves it.

I'm probably the only one who's slightly lost (mainly revolving around Ushio and all the technicalities about how she as a shadow is, like human. Or how she's able to warp with Shinpei back in time, or how she was able to acquire and use these "hacking" and connection severing abilities)...

But you could be confused as heck and still be able to realize what a masterclass of an episode this was.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jul 23, 2022 5:11 PM

Mar 2019
Double Mio, double Trouble....

Also Short Hair Ushio = +100% better-
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Jul 23, 2022 8:36 PM
Jan 2017
wow these battle was amazing,,
i cant blink my eyes during this episode,,

Mio shadow will join the army next episode,, this will be interesting
9/10
Jul 23, 2022 9:44 PM

Mar 2020
Ughh what with the soo good sakugas/animation. This one of favorite episodes so far. JUST WOW. Arigato OLM 😭

Ughhh next week again!
Oppai check!

111 cm: Hancock
110 cm: Zoro
100 cm: Robin
Jul 24, 2022 5:43 AM

Jul 2019
Tokiko smirk was the ultimate "fuck you" to Heine, I'm glad that the team regroupped for the important confrontation and prepared some aces in the pocket. Outstanding visuals and movement in the episode, especially when Ryunosuke fired from his shotgun in the hallway and when Heine took out all the air from the gym to extinguish the flames.
Jul 24, 2022 10:20 AM
Aug 2016
TSTO said:
_MushiRock11_ said:

It seems like Ushio has figured out her powers can reverse Haine's corruption. She can basically convert shadows to her cause by removing the influence of Haine from them. She figured it out previous episode or the one before I believe.

If I am not wrong, she first figured out that she has the ability in episode 12 during the end of 4th loop (The episode in the cave, where Shinpei drinks Mercuric Chloride to kill himself).
Jul 24, 2022 1:23 PM

Jan 2015
Near the last scene it has a char (シデ - Shide) with the VA name blurred. Someone knows why?

Jul 24, 2022 1:28 PM

Oct 2019
I was skeptical of the shift from mystery to action in the second cour, but this was a fantastic episode. Obviously in part thanks to the stunning animation, but also because it feels great to see the gang make vital discoveries and actually prevail in a fight for once. Kinda surprising that they were able to figure out how to hurt Shide already.
Jul 24, 2022 3:42 PM
Jul 2022
loved the episode. who is it going to be inside Shide?
shinpei's father maybe?
CurryRamenRepeatJul 24, 2022 7:51 PM
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2022

472 by UltraMonkeyX »»
May 7, 7:53 AM

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 28, 2022

144 by RGreatDanton »»
May 1, 12:55 PM

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 21, 2022

193 by RGreatDanton »»
May 1, 12:41 PM

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 14, 2022

340 by RGreatDanton »»
May 1, 9:37 AM

» [Spoilers] So how did Ushio get... ?

SabreDrago - Sep 23, 2022

25 by Cyrose »»
Apr 23, 7:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.