Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Shikimori's Not Just a Cutie
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Aug 28, 2022 8:20 AM
Jan 2021
one of the best episodes of the anime
Aug 30, 2022 9:44 PM
Mar 2020
CHRISSSTTTUUUHHHHHHH THIS PREDICTABLE PILE OF DOGSHIT WAS THE WORST MISTAKE I HAVE EVER MADE UP UNTIL AUGUST 30TH, 2022 EVERY STEP OF THE WAY I CAN JUST FUCKING FEEL WHATS GOING TO HAPPEN NEXT ITS LIKE THIS ENTIRE SHOW IS MADE JUST TO SWOON ME INTO WATCHING ONE EPISODE WITH THIS MONTHLY PINK HAIRED MAIN GIRL AND DROP MY EXPECTATIONS LOWER THAN THOUGHT POSSIBLE AND THE TITLE BEING SHIKIMORIS NOT JUST A CUTIE IS THE BIGGEST LIE ON THE FACE OF THIS EARTH BECAUSE THAT IS ALL SHE IS GOOD FOR NO OTHER REASON SHOULD I SEE ANYONE WATCHING THIS AND FUCKING ENJOYING THIS 12 YEAR OLD TARGET DEMOGRAPHIC MONSTROSITY AND DONT GET ME STARTED ON THIS WORTHLESS MAIN CHARACTER WHO HAS SOME SORT OF MAGICAL BAD LUCK SPELL WHERE HIS KNIGHT IN SHINING ARMOR HAS TO SAVE HIS SORRY ASS EVERY STEP ALONG THE WAY IF YOUR DEFINITION OF CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT IS A LITTLE BITCH MAIN CHARACTER LEARNING OBJECT FUCKING PERMANENCE THEN BOY AM I WRONG HOLY SHIT YOU HAVE A SICK TWISTED IDEA OF FUN IF THIS IS EVEN SOMEWHAT ENJOYABLE THESE SIDE CHARACTERS HAVE ABOUT THE SAME THREE TROPES AND MAKE ME FEEL THE NEED TO ABRUPTLY PAUSE EVERY EPISODE BECAUSE ITS HARD TO HANDLE THE AMOUNT OF SECOND HAND EMBARRASSMENT I HAVE HAD THE MISFORTUNE OF STOMACHING
Sep 2, 2022 5:45 PM
Jun 2017
here are my 15 characters :)
Sep 4, 2022 4:32 PM
Jan 2018
This anime 10 out of 10 for me l really love this anime
Sep 4, 2022 10:36 PM
Oct 2020
this shit is boring AF
Sep 8, 2022 6:26 AM
Jan 2022
I decided to continue watching it after i had dropped it due to the negative comments. I dont regret it
Sep 12, 2022 2:10 PM
Sep 2019
wholesome experience
Sep 16, 2022 8:32 PM
Mar 2020
Bryn_Dprmz said:
this shit is boring AF
NO THATS FUCKING FACTS THIS WAS THE MOST DOGSHIT EXPERIENCE IVE EVER PUT MYSELF THROUGH
Sep 18, 2022 2:08 PM
Sep 2022
Auuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Sep 24, 2022 1:42 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Well, it was a cute anime. I like the couple and all, but they were also just very... mundane sometimes? It's just like something that I could just see cute pics of the couple and honestly be better off filling in the blanks myself instead of watching/reading a story about them, to be honest. Like I love their dynamic, it's just kinda like... okay cool. So what are we gonna do with it? So Koi wa Sekai Seifuku no Ato de where you also kinda have a girl who's cute, cool, and strong while the other in the relationship is dorky yet strong... but the goal is to not have others find out about their relationship as they learn to understand each other and such. This anime has a girl who's cute, cool, and strong while the other in the relationship is accident-prone and kinda weak... but that's kinda where the description ends. It's like learning to understand each other and grow to be better, but that really doesn't offer as much. Most of these episodes were just these two doing couple stuff, and that's fine and actually cute, but like it's actually not all that interesting. I can probably skip and episode and it probably doesn't feel like I'm missing much. There isn't much in the directing style itself that makes me look forward to seeing more either. By that I mean like the comedy is kinda blah and not exactly something you run to your friend with, "OMG SO THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED IN THIS SCENE LOL". Like it's just like... humor for a little second and it's done. Like if you skipped the episode, you wouldn't really think, "Oh man, I need to watch that episode because I'll be missing all these good jokes!" Like, what good jokes? "Omg so funny. In this episode Shikimori was going to kiss Izumi, but then the door opened and she tried to play it off, haha..." like it's not really worth writing home for. But like, the whole anime was like that. The only thing I really remember is the friend taking a bite out of the ice cream and that was less of a funny thing and more of a can-relate, "Yeah that'd be me" type of thing. So it's just like... it feels like as long as you understand the dynamic of our main couple, what happens just... kinda doesn't matter, to be honest. I mean, don't get me wrong, there was development and I was cheering on Izumi to do his best, but it just wasn't really worth much. Still, it was a nice casual watch. Something to just kinda watch and enjoy I guess.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Sep 30, 2022 5:05 PM
Oct 2017
I watched this show having no idea of the hype or... mixed feelings about it and now I'm so confused by peoples consumption of media. It made it clear in the first episode the show was a rom com about a cutsie couple that effectively suffers from a role reversal where Shikimori is the titular Utena-esk prince and Izumi is the clumsy girl. It did a good job at laying that out. And then it introduced side characters which the show took time to develop while at the same time having them hang out and interact with the main due, instead of developing them trough a dedicated episode to just them or just their backstory. The show also explored Shikimori and Izumi's backstory's which allowed us to see how they grew as people after meeting each other. Even during the show in present time we see growth in their relationship and with how they interact with people around them.

As long as you like to see two cute people (so as long as your bi and into cute I guess) the characters should be highly enjoyable. You shouldn't watch a rom-com for growth and development, the genre exists off of cute characters in cute situations. And thats what the show is. 10/10 for me it had be squealing nearly the entire episode every episode, I'd love to have a bf like Izumi and a gf like Shikimori.
Oct 4, 2022 10:47 PM
Apr 2020
eeeeee very nice submissive men are elite
Oct 12, 2022 10:10 PM
Jan 2016
I loved everything about it, a little too extra on the guys bad luck but it was a beautiful anime 10/10 !
Oct 14, 2022 6:07 AM
Oct 2021
Shikimori is not just a cutie she is also a hottie
Oct 14, 2022 7:36 AM
Oct 2018
It was ok, dont know if i would recommend it
Oct 22, 2022 5:29 PM
Oct 2022
Bagus sekali semoga ada season 2
Oct 29, 2022 6:01 AM
Aug 2020
love the ending so farrrrr
Nov 9, 2022 2:50 AM

May 2015
This was watchable but not incredible.

The kiss scene is pretty cute however.
Nov 9, 2022 6:38 AM
Jun 2020
Cringe of the year 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮
Nov 14, 2022 4:25 AM
Jan 2022
Chefs kiss to the series
Nov 15, 2022 11:46 PM
Nov 2022
Semoga seris ini masih berlanjut sampai tamat sampe² aku jadi pengen mati penasaran lanjutan vol 13 😭
Nov 17, 2022 12:39 PM
Oct 2022
ne caldo ne freddo
Nov 24, 2022 10:38 AM

Mar 2017
12 episodes… a year of dating… and the most couple-ish thing they did was kiss on the cheek! I’ve seen more action from a friendship anime!

This was quite disappointing. There just wasn’t anything with enough substance to carry this anime, not the characters, not the plot, not the romance.
Nov 27, 2022 3:10 AM

May 2022
My heart is engraved in cringe, but in a good way. The ending is sweet that's all matters. Will there be any season 2 and if yes what may happen I wonder....
Welcome to Reality!
Dec 17, 2022 11:06 PM

Aug 2022
The romance finally comes to full bloom. Unfortunately, the last episodes really feels me wanting more. The end is just more of the same of Izumi's bad luck and Shikimori always there to save him.
Jan 26, 2023 11:05 AM
Apr 2021
top i love anime :)
Feb 7, 2023 10:54 AM
Feb 2015
12 episodios para ver un beso en la mejilla
Feb 10, 2023 1:24 AM
Jan 2023
would love it if he had a season 2
Feb 26, 2023 9:28 PM

Jul 2007
It's hard to put into words but much of the show I felt like the romance between the two characters was 'forced'.  I think there was a lot of repetition between Izumi's bad luck situations and Shikimori's cool situations that kinda ruined the chemistry for a while.  I also think both characters jumped between their personas a little bit too much and it made it hard to root for the two romantically.

However, after a while, I'm not sure if I got used to them or if things stabilized a bit but I grew to like them more than I did initially.  The aww moments came together and I started to enjoy the show for those moments.

This episode, for instance, was very cute.  I thought for sure after the cheek-kiss, Izumi was going to grab Shikimori and give her a full kiss.  I can say throughout the show I enjoyed seeing Shikimori get rather flustered given her normal cool/strong personality.

Not a manga reader but I felt like the backstory in the last episode really felt like a let-down, I was expecting more out of their initial meeting.  I also didn't like how that episode was structured, even though the contents of the backstory was somewhat interesting.

I may watch a future season 2 but I can't give this season any better than a 7/10 .  There are better romance shows out there but this one wasn't bad.
iwubanimeFeb 26, 2023 10:11 PM
Mar 3, 2023 6:16 AM

Jan 2016
One of the reasons I watched the anime until the end was Shikimori's character.  I really liked her character and I think she was beyond the level of the show. in addition, the friendly atmosphere of the story was also pleasant for me. 

I think the main drawback of the anime was Izumi's weak character. In the real world, it is impossible for such a beautiful and cute girl like Shikimori to fall in love with a clumsy and weak guy like Izumi, and this made me unable to connect with the story. And worst of all, the reason why Shikimori fell in love with him was ridiculous!!

Apart from these issues, the anime starts off slow but gets a lot better in the second half of the season. When I saw the first episode of the anime, I didn't like it, I even considered dropping it after the first episode, though I’m glad I didn’t and ended up sticking with it. 

I gave it an 8/10
Mar 5, 2023 4:10 AM
Aug 2022
Wish it had more episodes
Mar 7, 2023 1:08 PM

Dec 2018
Finally the last episode with a normal date. Izumi might not realize what Shikimori meant by the commercial video at first, but he get it at the end. But sadly he is still too shy to do that, doesn't matter... Maybe he will soon.
Well, this whole anime isn't interesting as I expected at first.... The wholesome and romance in this anime didn't hit my heart/feeling at all.

Mar 20, 2023 2:00 AM

Jul 2019
Hand holding, a kiss on the cheek and a heart felt confession. That's a lot more than usual in the rom-coms I've watched.

I liked this anime a whole lot more than expected, mainly due to the group dynamics (and the hot moms, who sadly lacked screen time).
Mar 30, 2023 5:31 AM

Jun 2019
Looks like it has been completed. Overall, pretty decent show. Not the best but not the worst. The show had characters that made me love the show but there were some iffy moments as well. But, it was alright.
Mar 30, 2023 11:16 AM
Jun 2017
It starts off a bit unimpressive, but the characters grow on you and it's very sweet and simple.

It's a cute premise and wonderful character design and it's just really fun and sweet.

It does have a few little things that surprised me, I'm not sure if it's the first to do some of these little things in the genre, but I was caught off-guard.

Recommended, I thoroughly enjoyed this
Apr 3, 2023 2:38 AM

Oct 2020
This was a cute little series, but I sort of wish they leaned more into the show rather than tell in regard to Izumi and Shikimori's relationship. 
For example, there were so many instances where we'd just be presented a slideshow of the two talking or hanging out and it sort of robbed those scenes of potential emotional value. 
I also wasn't the biggest fan of Izumi and Shikimori's backstories. I know it gave us glimpses into their upbringing but all they really showed us was that Izumi is simply cursed with abnormally bad luck and Shikimori gave up her hobbies and identity for the sake of "becoming cute" to find a boyfriend 
Apr 11, 2023 12:34 PM
Apr 2022
fml bro istrfg sakgojisdagndw[osdklngskrjgd
Apr 17, 2023 10:30 AM
Mar 2020
It's a great episode n cute. But what I to see the most is them to KISS because how their relationship is so GOOD n it make me feels way to excited just from watching it. Great anime 10/10
Apr 18, 2023 6:47 PM
Apr 2023
fue encantador este viaje,dios mio fue tan perfecto en todos los sentidos, antes de verlo me puse a ver sus valoraciones y mucha gente hablo mal de el y que segun era feo pero para mi fue tan encantador y bello no le encuentro falla, pq tuvo q terminar :(
Apr 19, 2023 2:38 PM
May 2022
Most development i have gotten from this romance since the first few episodes
Apr 28, 2023 5:18 PM
Apr 2023
nice ep, i liked it
May 6, 2023 5:18 PM

Apr 2014
so finally getting to watch this series and i have to say .... its ok but very disappointing 

like there was many moments that was shown in the opening that i was thinking was gonna be some big moments.... only for those moments to be pretty much nothing at all.....

then i have to say i completely hated the male MC the whole badluck thing was just annoying and the character over all was annoying as hell

Shikimori was awesome for the most part but that was about it after a couple eps it kinda just became a very meh character and the things she did was just what ever after a certain point 

the other 2 sporty friends was also pretty meh  the girl one was super annoying

Yui Hachimitsu was the only character i actually liked and enjoyed and pretty much kept me watching i mean honetly i could watch a whole series based on her 

with that said this series just dont have much going for it and what i watched in this 1 season pretty much told me everything i needed to know about the series as a whole i even saw that that the manga is even now over but the only thing i might even wanna check out is if anything more goes on with  Yui Hachimitsu but im sure it'll not even be worth it in the end

in the end the series is what it is but i was really hoping for better tbh but it was just let down after let down but again  Yui Hachimitsu was the only thing keeping me going with the series (if only there was more of her)

anyway starting it was nice but then  Yui Hachimitsu carried the rest of it  and seeing how this series never really do much i can already tell the rest of the series will also be nothing much..
"one step at a time"
May 13, 2023 6:32 AM

Aug 2014
I wanted to comment on every episode, but I forgot what was it when there was this stupid hacker ruining the website.
The anime is great not sure why so low score.. Shikimori is perfect and their time together and with friends was always great, I also liked the story about Shikimori brother and part with Izumi's parents was funny and great too ;] That explanation of Hachimitsu why they didn't kiss was nice too, but too bad they didn't kiss for real, then again it was funnier and original for the story. Too bad that they also did not ride anything extreme in that park. I was thinking of giving it a 10 but I stay with 9/10 and hope for next season to give 10! Or maybe I should give it a 10 anyway?
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
May 18, 2023 6:56 AM
Apr 2022
anime romance bagus tapi mc nya...
May 28, 2023 7:52 AM
Jun 2022
Thyriad-oPPailov said:
I wanted to comment on every episode, but I forgot what was it when there was this stupid hacker ruining the website.
The anime is great not sure why so low score.. Shikimori is perfect and their time together and with friends was always great, I also liked the story about Shikimori brother and part with Izumi's parents was funny and great too ;] That explanation of Hachimitsu why they didn't kiss was nice too, but too bad they didn't kiss for real, then again it was funnier and original for the story. Too bad that they also did not ride anything extreme in that park. I was thinking of giving it a 10 but I stay with 9/10 and hope for next season to give 10! Or maybe I should give it a 10 anyway?

FR ?
I mean I have EXACTLY same thoughts right now , I just finished the show and don't know why did it's ratings aren't around 8 or atleast 7.5. I gave it 10 though, I mean I am pretty disappointed too that it didn't show those things which I was looking for , especially a kiss , but still I can't force my expectations on the author, I think I should rate all the animes without having any expectations from it so that I can enjoy at it's fullest . And I'm going to wait for an year for it's next season, if it wouldn't get released till that time , I guess I'll shift to the manga
May 31, 2023 1:37 AM
Aug 2022
I watched it 11 months ago. I totally forgot to comment
May 31, 2023 9:32 AM
Mar 2021
Perfect end, both of them loving each otjer
Jun 5, 2023 10:46 AM
Jun 2023
Ending yang sangat baik genre romantis dan comedynya sangat dapat,saya harap ada kelanjutan S2 nya
Jun 5, 2023 10:47 AM
Jun 2023
Ending yang sangat baik genre romantis dan comedynya sangat dapat,saya harap ada kelanjutan S2 nya
Jun 5, 2023 11:15 AM
Aug 2016
Sad that they didnt kiss but it was wholesome
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kawaii dake ja Nai Shikimori-san Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 14, 2022

152 by jairo3634 »»
Yesterday, 1:19 PM

Poll: » Kawaii dake ja Nai Shikimori-san Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2022

107 by ad0rablegoat »»
Apr 19, 4:34 PM

Poll: » Kawaii dake ja Nai Shikimori-san Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2022

351 by HollowP03 »»
Apr 16, 10:55 AM

Poll: » Kawaii dake ja Nai Shikimori-san Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2022

116 by Treyv0n »»
Mar 30, 1:03 PM

Poll: » Kawaii dake ja Nai Shikimori-san Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2022

98 by Treyv0n »»
Mar 30, 11:58 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.