Forum Settings
Forums

What Is An Anime You Dropped But Eventually Came Back To It?

New
Jul 4, 2022 3:29 PM

Jul 2013
We all have times when we drop an anime and think we'll never come back to it. With that being said, what is an anime you dropped but eventually came back to it? And glad you gave it another shot at watching it?

For me? It's Violet Evergarden. I drop it on the 1 or 2 second because it was very VERY slow and boring. But a few months later, I said what the hell and gave it another shot. After finishing it, boii, am I glad I did watch it. So much feels in that anime. I still need to watch the movie though.
Jul 4, 2022 3:41 PM
Dec 2020
Believe it or not Steins;Gate, and now I’m constantly searching for episode 23 B, episode 25 OVA, and the Deja Vu movie. All I found was the dubbed and I can’t do the dubbed for this anime after getting attached to the Japanese voice acting in the show
Jul 4, 2022 3:46 PM

Jul 2021
I made the exact same thread a couple days ago.
Anyway, I recently picked up Sakura Quest, and besides the initial stupid plot, it's actually a really good mildly depressive show.
Jul 4, 2022 3:48 PM

Aug 2020
Seven deadly sins cause its full of fanservice but i decided to give it another try (i used to hate fanservice but not anymore) , also Naruto, cause i got spoiled and i know that most of my favs there died but i decided to pick it up again and pretend that I didn't get spoiled lol
Jul 4, 2022 4:16 PM

Oct 2011
I can't exactly think of any. One Piece I didn't necessarily drop on my list here since I watched the first episode way before I joined this site. So it wasn't on my list until I picked it up several years later and loved it.

There are a few on my current drop list though I'm thinking I should try again and maybe finish up. Especially some I wasn't in the mood to watch at the time.
Jul 4, 2022 4:27 PM

Mar 2018
I stopped watching JoJo after like 3 eps cause Dio annoyed tf outta me but I eventually got back on it after seeing some later clips. Hard to get into at first but it gets so much better after just like 6 eps of part one
Sometimes you just want to hear anime girls squeak and squeal
Jul 4, 2022 4:49 PM

Nov 2010
Naruto Shippuden. I dropped it many years ago but on 2020 with lockdown, I found that one of my country tv channels aired it every day dubbed version in my spoken language so I watched it.
Jul 4, 2022 5:00 PM

Dec 2019
I think I've semi-dropped and returned to Lain at least 5 times, rewatching and analyzing felt so draining but I did eventually get past last ep
Jul 4, 2022 6:29 PM
Jul 2018
I eventually will come back to Freesia, but that's a manga.

For anime, maybe Black Lagoon?
Jul 4, 2022 6:48 PM

Oct 2020
An anime that has teetered between On-hold and Dropped for me is Anohana. I think I'm going to return to it at some point, I just need to get in the same binge mindset that I was in when I started it. I think summers a good time to do that, so maybe I'll pick it up in the near future

forum set by bunnyama & taiyaki
Jul 4, 2022 7:42 PM

Jun 2016
didn't drop but I remember stopping at the last 20 episodes of Naruto because for like 5 years because I was so disappointed and I couldn't go further.
Jul 4, 2022 7:52 PM

Aug 2020
Monster and Hyouka. Best decision ever esp Monster. Dropped both 5 eps in.
Jul 5, 2022 9:44 AM

Mar 2017
Three years ago I tried watching Teasing Master Takagi-san (S1) and found it painful enough that it became one of my very rare drops. A couple of months ago for whatever reason I gave it another try, and while it was still in some ways a struggle to get through, it was also somewhat enjoyable, enough that I continued through S2 and S3.
A møøse once bit my sister...
Jul 5, 2022 9:47 AM

Aug 2019
I stopped watching Steins;Gate after 4 eps
Came back to it eventually and it became one of my favorites

Jul 5, 2022 9:55 AM

Jul 2021
Death note.

Dropped it after one episode and then completed it over the course of 4 months a year later.

Till date it's the only anime I've come close to dropping. Maybe to your eternity as well, it's been well over 6 months and I still haven't managed to finish it whereas I've completed more than 50 other animes in the past 6 months.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Jul 5, 2022 9:57 AM
May 2021
I dropped Fire Force because for me it was boring, but the it became a whole trend on TikTok that's why I went back to watching it.
Jul 5, 2022 6:12 PM

Mar 2021
one piece around skypiea arc, 2 years later i came to watch it again and then become obsessed with the series
Jul 5, 2022 6:55 PM
Nov 2021
TRC_Randy said:

I dropped hyouka recently because it was about a bunch of mysteries that I didn't give two shits about lol I was like man idc about the mystery behind ya little school club 🤣 alot of people love it tho
Jul 5, 2022 7:19 PM

Aug 2020
Kasutoro-Kun said:
TRC_Randy said:

I dropped hyouka recently because it was about a bunch of mysteries that I didn't give two shits about lol I was like man idc about the mystery behind ya little school club 🤣 alot of people love it tho
it's a BORING anime tbf. It's a dialogue driven show with flat atmosphere tho it kinda matches Houtarou's character perfectly.
Jul 5, 2022 7:22 PM
Nov 2021
TRC_Randy said:
Kasutoro-Kun said:

it's a BORING anime tbf. It's a dialogue driven show with flat atmosphere tho it kinda matches Houtarou's character perfectly.

I honestly would've been into it if the mysteries was somewhat interesting. But the first mystery was about who locked the door because that air headed girl was too slow to realize the janitor did it. The other one was about that girl who slept in the classroom. Then about something about the club years ago. I'm like bro are these really the mysteries? Are they joking ooor? Because I literally don't care about these mysteries. Then when they finished that they went into another uninteresting mystery I was like bro I'm done lmao
Jul 5, 2022 7:44 PM

Dec 2020
It was Monster for me, although in the manga form. I kind of dropped it after the first 14 or 15 chapters for literally no reason, even though I really liked the way it started (I think it was because I was not in the mood to read a manga at that time) . Several months after that, I decided to read it again from the start and it was a masterpiece (as expected).
"Those words are meant for those that dare defy god's final warning... An epigraph of their stubbornness"
- Maho Hiyajo (Steins;Gate 0)
Jul 6, 2022 1:03 AM

Oct 2021
aria. i dropped it after first season as i thought it was just ok. but then i came back to it and now it is in my favorites .
Jul 6, 2022 1:05 AM

Feb 2020
Tantei Opera Milky Holmes. I dropped it twice, but I finally managed to complete it.
Jul 6, 2022 1:21 AM
Feb 2020
Picking up Gintama and Steins;Gate again after dropping them is easily one of my best decisions
Jul 6, 2022 1:45 AM

Nov 2020
I once dropped Clannad but I'm glad I gave it another shot

Jul 6, 2022 2:05 AM

Aug 2020
There are quite a few I dropped but eventually picked back up, but none where I was glad I did. I usually either dropped them again a few episodes later or they've been stuck in on-hold hell for years since, and the few I actually managed to finish usually sit below a 5 rating-wise.
The reality is that I just know my own taste well, so there hasn't ever been a point where my first impression was wrong. If something is universally praised I might give it a second try because I think I HAVE to like it if everyone thinks its so amazing, but picking it back up just leads to the exact same result as before.

For example, I've dropped Bungou Stray Dogs like 7 times, and Hunter x Hunter like 3 times? I kept trying because they are so beloved by their massive fanbases, but it was just not enjoyable and I dropped them again.
For something I picked back up and actually finished, Steins;Gate comes to mind, and I absolutely HATED everything about it. Or Tower of God, I thought it was a terrible adaptation, but because a friend started watching it I finished it so we'd have the same frame of reference in conversations, and it was just as bad as the first time.

I guess the series with the best chance to actually turn things around for once is Aldnoah.Zero (currently on my dropped list) because I remember absolutely loving it up until the garbage end of the first season, so chances are, now that I know about it beforehand, it won't piss me off enough to drop it again.
Jul 6, 2022 3:01 AM

Jul 2013
So far only Occultic;Nine, and I only dropped it because it was an awful weekly seasonal experience given the insane amount of detail packed into each episode.
Jul 6, 2022 3:20 AM
Mar 2017
I dropped Slow Start and Re: Creators because of lack of time when it was airing and came back to them years later, which I'm very glad I did this because I both liked them a lot.
Jul 6, 2022 8:21 AM

May 2022
I watched a few episodes of cowboy bebop almost a decade ago and never really got to finishing it as I wasn't into anime till now.
Mar 23, 2023 5:49 PM

Jan 2016
I have the tendency to drop anime series that I have already finished reading the manga such as Bleach, Demon Slayer, Touch, Gintama, Boku no Hero Academia, etc, etc.

But I'm back watching Bleach :)
Mar 23, 2023 6:05 PM

Aug 2016
guyver. dropped it somewhere inthe middle and finished it like a year later.
:v
Mar 23, 2023 8:40 PM

Oct 2017
I dropped Bastard! (Netflix version) and eventually finished it. But that was out of stubbornness, not because I liked the anime.
Mar 23, 2023 9:05 PM

Jul 2013
Nisemonogatari. Dropped it halfway and then completed it 7 years later.

I dropped Hellsing somewhere in 2015, I may finish it in the future as I got only 4 episodes left.
Mar 24, 2023 2:35 AM

Mar 2023
I dropped Ergo Proxy, but then i came back and now its one of my favorites.
Mar 24, 2023 2:36 AM

Jan 2021
I dropped "Hundred" but then for some reason I completed it.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

More topics from this board

Poll: » What is your most common reason for rewatching anime?

MeanMrMusician - Apr 22

36 by bucciest »»
3 minutes ago

» Is there hope for classic super robots?

Timeline_man - 2 hours ago

2 by APolygons2 »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » do you consider hate on your favorites an attack on you personally?

deg - Apr 23

26 by traed »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » Which is your favourite Anime in this list?

PushedCaraway - 5 hours ago

18 by bucciest »»
6 minutes ago

» Is watching a show for the cute girl weird?

fallout45 - 20 minutes ago

6 by GudBoy »»
8 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.