Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Jun 24, 2022 6:20 PM
Jan 2017
I am so sorry. This anime really could have been the perfect romantic comedy anime or even ultra-romantic. Which would have been so if they hadn't skipped minor details in the finale.

First of all, they constantly interrupted the kissing scene. They could have shown all the intervening episodes later, which they should have. In the manga, this chapter was already excellent and they shouldn't have pushed it further.

Also, please compare Iino Miko's looking at the heart scene by Ishigami with a manga. Both the display order and the drawing are very bad. A-1 Studio did not want to reflect Iino's feelings, or they could not. That's where this season's alleged Ultra Romanticism was all about. The manga took the concept of Dual Confession to a new dimension, but unfortunately the anime studio couldn't understand it.

I am really disappointed. It was going great until the finale, but simple mistakes made kept the series from being perfect. Personally, I really like the rest of the manga from this point. I hope A-1 Studio does not repeat these mistakes in future seasons and we can watch a perfect fourth season. My rating for this season is 9/10
FarAwayLordJun 24, 2022 6:24 PM
Jun 24, 2022 6:21 PM
Jul 2017
Why did it go back to be listed as 12 episodes when it’s 13?
Jun 24, 2022 6:31 PM
Jan 2022
WOW. I absolutely loved this episode. Shirogane's way of confessing (well "confessing") to Shinomiya was simply amazing. This episode had my heart pounding, and it made me the absolute happiest. Can't wait to see where this story goes!
Jun 24, 2022 6:41 PM
Apr 2019
Can't believe it's over. The final ep really wrapped things up well; I'm not saying it's over (cause I really hope it isn't) but the way Miyuki planned everything out to lead to them kissing was the best.
I'm not sure what I was expecting, coming into the final 2 episodes but I thought there'd at least be some kind of confession but both of them going to Stanford isn't a bad path either.
I guess you could say that the main story's over and it's peaked but we've still got a lot to see; for starters, I saw the cherry blossom at the end which means that Tsubame-senpai should have given Ishigami her response. Not that I'm desperate, but if I could have more, I wouldn't decline it.
Overall, I loved the series and think that the mangaka has done great. 10/10 overall because I loved the characters from start to end (yes, I'm biased).
Thanks for the enjoyment.
Jun 24, 2022 6:51 PM
Mar 2016
in the end it is a childish anime. so disappointing. they censored the kissing scene by covering it with a blue baloon
Jun 24, 2022 6:58 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
That was a masterful confession, I knew it would happen but I had no idea how it would happen, but I loved it, I had no doubt it would be amazing even with all the manga reader hype. Shirogane’s expertly crafted plan was a spectacle to see, it all came together so perfectly, and I love how he mainly accounted for Fujiwara ruining it lol, but thankfully it didn’t happen and we got that big smooch, it’s been 3 years in the making and we finally got it. It was awesome. And playing Season 1’s ED during it was an amazing decision, that ED has always been a favorite of mine and it fit so well here. The aftermath was also hilarious with how Kaguya described it, and Hayasaka’s reactions were so good lol, she managed to stay best girl in the episode about the confession (that’s also just bias tho lol).

And of course I would have loved to see Ishigami win Tsubame but he sadly didn’t realize he confessed all the way to the end, even when he learned about the heart thing he didn’t realize the impact of it, but I did really like the scene between him and Tsubame, as well as the Iino scene. I know they’re shipping him with both girls so he’s kinda guaranteed to win one of them, but personally I’d love to see Tsubame get with him, but only time will tell on that one.

And with that we find ourselves at the end of another season of Kaguya-sama, I can’t say a whole lot besides it was amazing Kaguya goodness once again, with the added satisfaction of the confession it made for a perfect follow-up to the already 10/10 Season 2. I really loved seeing all these characters again as well as some new ones, I can only hope for a 4th season which I don’t doubt is a possibility, it would also be really cool to see a world post confession. But for now, I’ll relish in the ending of this fantastic 3rd season of this fantastic anime series. And certainly last but not least, the OP and ED were both once again bangers, the OP falling right along with the first two with our favorite “King of Love Songs” himself, and a super fitting ED which will ring with nostalgia not long from now, complete with the amazing Starship Troopers reference.
Jun 24, 2022 7:02 PM

Mar 2011
They didn't played the OP 1(of s1) but played the ED 1 (of s1) and I like it

Jun 24, 2022 7:05 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
That was... Surprisingly unsatisfying. It was great up until Kaguya started fretting over going to Stanford. Then it started feeling dragged out, but then we don't get to even see the kiss. Then they basically confirm they didn't actually confess to one another? Then there's the weird jump forward. Does Shirogane go to Stanford? What about Ishigami's confession? It's a good thing there's another season coming, because this just felt unfulfilling, despite the kiss.
Jun 24, 2022 7:07 PM

May 2020
I will always respect Ishigami.
Watching him in this last few eps just breaks my heart.

& it was damn BEAUTIFUL!!!
That Karen died!!!
BUT THEY REALLY DID CENSOR IT!!!
WHY!!!!???

& im surprised.
Ice didnt show up.

& they finally did the lewdest thing in the show!!!
HANDHOLDING!!!

Now A1.
Go adapt chapter 160 & 220!!!

EDIT:
Its weird seeing all this emotional send-offs if you read this week's chapter.
Hahahaha!!!
Hitagi__FurudeJun 24, 2022 7:18 PM
" Kindness can sometimes lead you to trouble. "

Jun 24, 2022 7:11 PM
Dec 2021
Kaguya Sama S3 is the best
Jun 24, 2022 7:17 PM
Nov 2021
apenas agradecer aos responsáveis por essa obra maravilhosa. 🙇🏻‍♂️
Jun 24, 2022 7:26 PM
May 2021
I will rate it after rewatching the whole season again anyway great episode.
Jun 24, 2022 7:30 PM

Jan 2020
Well, this season was a rollercoaster. I came into this series not really even all that interested and here, at the end of season 3, I can say it's one of my favorites now. It's really grown on me and there's been an incredible amount of development. Obviously I'm already hyped for season 4.

It looks like Miko isn't out of the running for Ishigami's affections. I still think they are going to be each other's endgame coupling. Especially since Tsubame is so fickle. Ishigami basically only idolizes her, and doesn't have the raw chemistry that he does with Miko. With Shirogane and Kaguya's relationship secured, my focus is on Ishigami and Miko going forward.

The "final" confrontation with Shirogane and Kaguya was pretty amusing, and cute. Especially with all the extra stuff that was happening around them. Fujiwara miraculously solving a mystery was probably one of my favorite parts of this episode.

It's a 10/10 from me.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Jun 24, 2022 7:35 PM
May 2022
Even though I read the manga I was so incredibly hyped this entire season it was amazing and I can’t wait so see them animate the rest.
Jun 24, 2022 7:36 PM

Jun 2020
FlamepriesT said:
x3vyx said:
10/10
i think kaguya fucked up the kiss with her tonge xD

In Japan, you'd probably expect a regular kiss in a situation like this in Japan.
French kissing is borderline foreplay.

Long story short, what Kaguya did was... wild. At least by Japanese standards. And she doesn't realize it.

oooh, didnt know that xD thanks for the info, kaguya u naughty girl haha
Jun 24, 2022 7:38 PM
takodachi

Jan 2020
HOW COULD YOU END THE ANIME HERE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

𝒫𝑜𝓅 𝒶 𝓅𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝑔𝑒𝓉 𝒾𝓂𝓂𝑜𝓇𝓉𝒶𝓁𝒾𝓏𝑒𝒹
𝒯𝒽𝑜𝓊𝑔𝒽𝓉 𝓅𝓇𝑜𝒸𝑒𝓈𝓈 𝑜𝓋𝑒𝓇𝓇𝒾𝒹𝑒
𝒫𝓊𝓇𝒾𝒻𝓎 𝓂𝓎 𝓅𝑜𝒾𝓈𝑜𝓃𝑒𝒹 𝓂𝒾𝓃𝒹

Jun 24, 2022 7:40 PM
May 2021
5 out of 5. One of the best episodes I've ever watched ToT
Jun 24, 2022 7:41 PM

Oct 2021
Couldn't have gotten a more Perfect Finale than this. A1 Pictures outdid themselves with animation, even though tone was quite serious the humor was still great. MC Shirogane the chad, once again proved why he is best male in the show.

KAGUYA SAMA!!!!
Jun 24, 2022 8:18 PM

Sep 2012
x3vyx said:
FlamepriesT said:

In Japan, you'd probably expect a regular kiss in a situation like this in Japan.
French kissing is borderline foreplay.

Long story short, what Kaguya did was... wild. At least by Japanese standards. And she doesn't realize it.

Her moment of realization was amazing in manga as well ;d

I wish I could downscale the images a bit :|
Jun 24, 2022 8:20 PM

Jun 2020
Drimson said:
x3vyx said:

dude haha
awesome, cant wait season 4 man
Jun 24, 2022 8:27 PM
Jul 2021
What was the song that played at the last 10 mins or smth, ik i heard it somewhere but cant remember where.

Absolute 10/10 season btw. Masterpiece of a romcom anime. Loved every bit of it
Jun 24, 2022 8:33 PM

Sep 2020
Since Oregairu's last season I wasn't that hyped.
Oh my.

My heart is melting right now.
10/10

niko_sbJun 24, 2022 8:37 PM
Jun 24, 2022 8:48 PM

Jun 2013
I THOUGHT SHE ONLY GAVE HIM A SMACK KISS BUT AFTER THAT POINT, THEY ACTUALLY MADE OUT?! she's so bold for doing that omg, literally had the same reaction as Hayasaka's. I can't help but pause every 10 mins because of how sweet this episode was plus INSERTING SENTIMENTAL CRISIS MADE IT MOREEEE PERFECT! (>.<)

now I gotta wait for that one exciting manga scene for both Shirogane-Kaguya and Ishigami-Iino 👀
Jun 24, 2022 8:55 PM

Sep 2021
Owari. Thank you Mr. Narrator. You've done a great job.

Hands down to Shirogane for his plan. That was a very special confession scene for a girl to remember.
Jun 24, 2022 8:55 PM
Mar 2015
Great confession plan and kiss
Jun 24, 2022 9:08 PM

Jul 2013
There's something off about the direction this season. So many rehashed jokes and unnecessary fillers when the title is Ultra Romantic. You'd expect there would be more character development in terms of romance but honestly other than the last stretch, this season did nothing of the sorts.

I love the festival arc in the manga but the anime simply lacked build up. This would've been a 10 if they had continued the previous season's formula and focus on the love war battle instead of Chika mama joke number 100.

I'm honestly torn because this feels like it deserves a lower score purely from adaption pov but I guess I still have my bias somewhat so...

7/10
Jun 24, 2022 9:12 PM
Nov 2020
koshiguruma said:
cchigu said:

1 hrs means 1 hr TV timeslot, and that includes ads in between the episode. The same thing applies to the regular episode, they are referred to as 30 mins long even though technically they are 24ish mins long only.

Wait so it’s just the same as a regular episode but then they put in 30 mins of ads? Lmfao what a scam

There are actually 2 episodes (Episode 12 and 13) each of 25 min..
Jun 24, 2022 9:13 PM

Aug 2018
AHHHHHHHH!!!! <3!!!!
WHAT A BEAUTIFUL CHAPTER.
Kaguya was looking for Shirogane, but could not find him. She also discovered that he had left the clues. And that's when what he planned to do happened. Shirogane confessed what he was feeling, releasing all the heart balloons. and Kaguya answered him WITH A KISS!!!!! AHHHHHH!!! <3!!!!
What a precious scene that whole sequence was. I loved the chapter. and Kaguya said "o Kawaii Koto" again. i wanted her to say it again, but that moment hahaha xD.
Beautiful chapter, this 3rd season has been VERY GREAT

Jun 24, 2022 9:16 PM
Jan 2019
i've been following this anime since season 1 and seeing that confession really blew up my heart.

3 years of waiting who will confess first and finally seeing this eps 13 it made me really satisfied, can't describe this satisfaction any further because my grammar is not really good lol.

All i can say is very good job from A-1 Pictures for adapting this climactic part.

Also that ending song from season 1 made me flashback to 2019.

Masterpiece 10/10 very good adaption
Jun 24, 2022 9:17 PM
Jun 2021
The_Sum_of_Zero said:
shash_king18 said:

Instead two episodes were released

So the entry should be updated to show it's 13 episodes instead of 12?

I guess they will fix it soon
Jun 24, 2022 9:17 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
takkun_ said:
That was... Surprisingly unsatisfying. It was great up until Kaguya started fretting over going to Stanford. Then it started feeling dragged out, but then we don't get to even see the kiss. Then they basically confirm they didn't actually confess to one another? Then there's the weird jump forward. Does Shirogane go to Stanford? What about Ishigami's confession? It's a good thing there's another season coming, because this just felt unfulfilling, despite the kiss.
Some people can't comprehend simple fiction and then there is you, even beneath them. My kid who is in my dick right now can follow what is going on on this show.
cchiguJun 24, 2022 9:23 PM
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Jun 24, 2022 9:19 PM

Jul 2016
Ultra Romantic indeed. Miyuki sure went far and beyond with that ultra bombastic love confession of his. The true MVP of this amazing finale without a doubt.

And Ba-Kaguya going for the french kiss from the get go lmao. Like damn, then it's no wonder why Miyuki couldn't think of anything else after the festival ended.

Overall, another great season though not as strong as the previous ones since I found three or four episodes to be kinda bland and some part of me still thinks the build-up for this final arc lasted longer than needed.

8,5/10 -> 9/10 - Still AOTS for me and now looking forward to the new anime project.
Jun 24, 2022 9:28 PM

Jan 2019
I am speechless.

10/10.

I am incapable of even explaining why.
Jun 24, 2022 9:38 PM
Jul 2019
Not saying this is my favorite romance series of all time, because it’s still a close second… but at this point, get Ultra Romantic to #1 on MAL because good god if this series doesn’t deserve the spotlight more than any other anime that has tried and failed to be #1 then idk what else to say. 3 Seasons of buildup to one of the best moments in romance anime period. It really doesn’t get better than this. What’s so great about this series is that it focuses on more than just the two main characters and has multiple storylines going on at once that are continually growing alongside the main pair. It’s rare that even side characters are given so much spotlight, let alone legitimate focus for a much of the series. I don’t read the Love is War manga, but if any of the other replies are evidence, this adaptation is stellar and Akasaka-sensei is a genius. GET ULTRA ROMANTIC TO #1!!!!!
Jun 24, 2022 9:45 PM
Aug 2021
It is one of the most epic conclusions in Kaguya Sama Love Is War Season 3.....
Everything that the show had accomplished and built up until this point was all for this particular moment in time, where everything comes together in a fantastic display of the show’s writing. The conclusion was everything we expected or wanted from the show, packed in a delightful setting and surrounded by the great characters for which the show is famous.
The show ended at a point where the story can easily continue if there is a demand, but it was a highly satisfying conclusion that still works perfectly without a sequel. It was a great package that did almost everything right, and let’s hope we haven’t seen the last of this show.
Jun 24, 2022 10:01 PM
Aug 2021
OBRA MAESTRA TE AMO KAGUYITA LPM
Jun 24, 2022 10:03 PM
Deez

Jul 2021
😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳
Jun 24, 2022 10:08 PM

Aug 2020
KinjiKido said:
in the end it is a childish anime. so disappointing. they censored the kissing scene by covering it with a blue baloon

Isn't it the same in the manga, so they just adapted that detail of the scene perfectly?

Also, because you can't see the kiss, only later we learn that she French-kissed him. Had the balloon not been there, that would not have been kept a secret for a little longer, so it also served a story purpose, to keep us from knowing what really happened, until Kaguya talks about the kiss, and then realizes she overdid it a little for a first kiss...
Jun 24, 2022 10:16 PM
Mar 2016
Dutch_Chief said:
KinjiKido said:

Isn't it the same in the manga, so they just adapted that detail of the scene perfectly?

Also, because you can't see the kiss, only later we learn that she French-kissed him. Had the balloon not been there, that would not have been kept a secret for a little longer, so it also served a story purpose, to keep us from knowing what really happened, until Kaguya talks about the kiss, and then realizes she overdid it a little for a first kiss...

I don't read manga. just watch anime only. ok. well thanks. make sense.
same as manga.
a secret.
Jun 24, 2022 10:22 PM

Aug 2020
KinjiKido said:
Dutch_Chief said:

I don't read manga. just watch anime only. ok. well thanks. make sense.
same as manga.
a secret.

Yeah, it serves the narrative, so they can use the fact that the exact kiss wasn't shown, for a fun moment. A few messages before this, Drimson posted a few pages from the manga showing how the kiss being a secret leads to a funny moment. We also saw it when Kaguya was bragging about the kiss to Hayasaka, and told her about the "tongue action" and Hayasaka being shocked about this boldness. While Kaguya never realized her kiss was a bit over the top
Jun 24, 2022 10:23 PM

Aug 2020
Drimson said:
x3vyx said:

Yeah, lmao moment, with the "40 seconds?"
Jun 24, 2022 10:26 PM

Aug 2021
What an ending. I absolutely love this series, and the news that season 4 has been confirmed is just amazing. A-1 did not disappoint with this season. Freakin magnificent.
Jun 24, 2022 10:28 PM
Jun 2022
Best one 💥🥰 Loved it. Hope to see next season very soon ☺️
Jun 24, 2022 10:30 PM
Jul 2020
I managed to reach this point in the manga only about a week ago, but I genuinely wasn't prepared for just how gorgeous this episode would look, A-1 really flexing their talents, and thank goodness they did.

And to think we're only half-way through the series, can't wait to see what else is in store.

*side note: that epilogue almost gave me a heart attack, almost thought that was really the end of the anime
Jun 24, 2022 10:34 PM

Jun 2015
ULTRA FUCKING ROMANTIC indeed!!!

What an ending... Everything about this was just well, epic. Absolutely loved it, right down to the point they even tease more. I'm not checking out, but that was a beautiful story with great characters and I've loved the journey it took us on!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Jun 24, 2022 10:34 PM
Jan 2021
This episode is epic and the 3rd season end with a good episode.

Jun 24, 2022 10:54 PM
Jan 2020
Just going to say that I WAS HEREEEEE!!!!
Jun 24, 2022 11:15 PM

Jul 2021
GOD DAAAMN, THAT WAS ONE HELL OF A RIDE!!!
After 3 seasons of waiting, we've got the moment we've all been waiting for. A-1 pictures truly outdid themselves, a peak episode as the season finale for a peak series. I don't think it could have been any better and unfortunately I don't think it will be possible to top this. But that doesn't mean I won't be watching the next seasons, I'm extremely excited for the new project thats been announced !

And finally, that ending song of the first (or maybe the second season)that they used.... Ufff, man that was just the icing on the cake chef's kiss . If I remember correctly I had a wide smile during the entire episode lol. I probably looked like a maniac XD
Overall , this episode was, according to the words of that professor from spy X family - "ULTRA ELEGANT!!"
Jun 24, 2022 11:23 PM

Apr 2020
It took me a couple of minutes to even type this part, because honestly I can't think of what to say...I know what I feel, and if I didn't read the manga 2 years ago, I would've had a heart attack, but yes my anime-only brethren, our lovely couple of Kaguya and Shirogane is officially official.

I don't need to spaz out the things that happened this episode, because I'll like to keep those already overwhelming thoughts for myself, all I can say that the 3-season buildup to that fateful scene is worth it after all. The planning that Miyuki masterminded and Shinomiya's long overdue to commitment to finally fess up finally brought them together and made for one if not the best scene from a romcom anime in the past couple of years. This confession scene is on par if not better than Sakuta's confession to Mai in Bunny Girl Senpai. Well I do have one gripe though, out of all things that can go wrong, and I know they did stay true to the manga, but A1, how the hell do you still include that balloon that is in the way of their kiss, I already had a bad feeling that they'll still include the balloon and they did, ughhhhhh.

Even with that rant, I am satisfied. The reason how I got to watch the show is actually funny. I did an experiment where I'll watch Shirobako, Sakurasou and Re:Zero together and in this order I'll watch one episode, then move on to the next show, and so on until I completed them together. But since Re:Zero is 25 episodes long, I figure that I'll substitute it with this show which at the time Season 2 was finishing. And 2 years later to that day I started watching them together, with a read of the manga, and me growing up ever since then, I say that the journey was all worth it. I will not be mad if A1 ends the adaptation here, because the audience who refuse to read the manga will make up their own conclusions from hereafter.

In my eyes, the circle of this show officially comes back to the start, and what a great 3-season run it has been. If I'm actually serious with myself, I will give this an absolute 10/10, but for now it's a 9 just like Season 1 & 2.

May your burning love reach everyone, and well...Miyuki Shirogane and Kaguya Shinomiya did just that.
Pages (9) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Ultra Romantic Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Naruleach - Apr 2, 2022

331 by JustalilPyu »»
Apr 15, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Ultra Romantic Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LeilaChroma - Jun 25, 2022

505 by Kuukkii »»
Apr 14, 7:58 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Ultra Romantic Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2022

192 by karj100 »»
Apr 4, 5:55 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Ultra Romantic Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 27, 2022

229 by karj100 »»
Apr 4, 4:34 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Ultra Romantic Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 13, 2022

168 by karj100 »»
Apr 4, 2:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.