3It was OK
11.1%
2Disliked it
0.0%
1Hated it
0.0%
Average 4.5
45 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 10, 2022 6:02 PM

Nov 2007
tsubasaloverJun 21, 2022 7:47 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jun 10, 2022 6:02 PM

Nov 2011
What an episode! We got to see Avan fighting with his heart out and the encounter against Mystvearn at the garden. Mystvearn is built like a complete boss with his abilities and powers. A pretty solid setup for the climax of this arc imo.
Jun 10, 2022 6:07 PM

Sep 2018
Not a bad episode, but just slightly above average for me. The highlight is Avan vs Killvearn :3 Also the "Ashita no Hyunckel" scene is much better in manga. Rest in peace! Hyunckel!

Jun 10, 2022 6:09 PM

Nov 2020
Lahart have the armor now, cool fight with Avan vs Kill Vearn!
Jun 10, 2022 8:00 PM
Sep 2015
Killvearn has more tricks than just assassination and laying traps.

Oh no Hyunckel, I'm wondering if Crocodine group can help him. And since Baran's blood run through Larheart, shouldn't Larheart give his blood to Hyunckel? Or any other fluids from him...
Jun 10, 2022 9:27 PM

Feb 2019
That whole scene with Larhart “killing” warrior Hyunckel was beautiful. Both of their characters have been so well written, very fitting conclusion to Hyunckel’s character arc and their rivalry. Hymn getting choked up and crying was so beautiful too.

The conditions of this Killvearn Avan duel are really cool. I think it’s an original and fresh concept to have an outside party determining the winner of the fight and it basically being a survival contest. Wish the previews for next episodes didn’t give away so much tho, basically just tells you exactly how things will go.

Either way, another great episode. I hope after this finishes airing that the MAL score will have a substantial increase ala black clover
Jun 10, 2022 10:31 PM
May 2022
My two favorite Villains finally make their move. As Mystvearn put it, everyone else in the Dark Army who was defeated up to this point, is completely irrelevant to their goal. He alone can take on all of them and defeat them! I can't wait!

Also, Killvearn is pissed! Things are not looking good for the hero party... and I like that šŸ˜ˆ
Jun 11, 2022 12:37 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Dang, actually? Hyunckel get freed from his status of immortal? Danngg ... So long, mate. It's nice to having a little fun with your title. But i deadly serious don't see that coming though. But oh well! Let's just let him rest in peace for a moment, and change the objective to Killvearn and Mystvearn!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jun 11, 2022 1:08 AM

Jan 2009
Hyunckel retired as a warrior huh

KillVearn vs Avan will be good
Jun 11, 2022 2:52 AM
Oct 2016
Mystvearn is the final one they have to face before the dark king himself. The last line of defense that Vearn has after losing all his other generals. Dai, Popp and Maam have to face this bastard to get to the main goal. Maam is right that there's some kind of hidden power Mystvearn has, we've still never fully seen his face, there's a lot of mystery surrounding this guy. Our heroes should learn a lot fighting him. Avan so close to helping out but snatched away by that damned reaper Killvearn. Wanting his revenge after Avan saved Popp and slashed his favorite mask. A seemingly straightforward duel between Avan and Killvearn but can't accept the reaper machinations at face value, he's definitely got something planned. Larhart is still en route to Dai, Popp and Maam so hopefully they can hold out till then. Those three plus Leona will have to do their best to stop the last general Mystvearn.
Jun 11, 2022 3:11 AM

Feb 2015
Please tell me Hyunckel is dead for good and that we won't have to witness a lame come back in a few episodes.
Jun 11, 2022 9:40 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Hmm. I'm not sure if Hyunckel is dead dead since he might have passed out. Nevertheless, Larhart got his armor back and is head towards the White Garden where Dai's party is facing off against Mystvearn. On the other hand, Master Avan was pulled into a duel against Killvearn in a fight to the death where Judgement is both referee and executioner.
Jun 11, 2022 9:56 AM

Dec 2020
Hyunckle is clearly resting both his body and soul. He has done enough and to the limit... (Bones broken / no more Touki energy / only 1 hp) His master can be proud of him.

So he's sleeping / he's not dead. Don't know about english translation but in french and japanese it's obvious. Hym explained it clearly...

But storywise it's clearly a stop for him
There's a relay / shift between him and Larhalt. A very symbolistic switch saying : Hyunckel is exhausted and too soft he can't be a warrior anymore.

Character's developpement wise Hyunckle has almost nothing to be told anymore. But i won't spoil ... Or think about it maybe you'll find it ...
Le-ConteurJun 11, 2022 10:02 AM
Jun 11, 2022 10:51 AM
Apr 2021
Hyunkel deserves to rest his body and soul, he’s done enough for the gang. Larhart is taking over for Hyunkel to hopefully come in clutch to help defeat Mystvearn.

Overall pretty good episode however I think next episode going to be hype asf from the preview can’t wait to see how it all goes down!
Jun 11, 2022 12:24 PM
May 2022
EckhartPilgrim said:
Please tell me Hyunckel is dead for good and that we won't have to witness a lame come back in a few episodes.

Honestly, I don’t know for sure but I think we have seen the last of him in battle.
Jun 11, 2022 12:39 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Hyunckel fought with all of what he got and it was impressive, he can rest now, the others are fighting now, especially Avan since he got taken into another dimension by Killvearn and has to fight him with that kind of Judge robot that is supervising the fight and going to kill the loser, that's original but it's going to be tense :S
Jun 11, 2022 4:43 PM

Nov 2012
Hyunckel! I'm so upset. There were so many times I thought Hyunckel was dead and he wasn't. This time took me off guard. I'm kind of hoping maybe Dai's blood can save him, but I won't hold my breath.

I totally forgot about Mystvearn. I like the whole duel set up. No matter what I hope Myst gets unmasked.
dragynfaerieJun 11, 2022 4:47 PM
Jun 12, 2022 12:29 AM

Dec 2020
dragynfaerie said:
Hyunckel! I'm so upset. There were so many times I thought Hyunckel was dead and he wasn't. This time took me off guard. I'm kind of hoping maybe Dai's blood can save him, but I won't hold my breath.

I totally forgot about Mystvearn. I like the whole duel set up. No matter what I hope Myst gets unmasked.

I don't know why you guys think he's dead. HE'S JUST SLEEPING AND RESTING. The english translation surely made a mistake

In French and japanese it's clearly said by Hym that he's sleeping.
Jun 12, 2022 6:58 AM

Oct 2008
duel between Avan-sensei vs Killvearn is gonna be great!!
oh noh....looks like no Hyunckel threesome with Maam & Amy...lolz
matias067Jun 12, 2022 7:35 AM

Jun 12, 2022 12:11 PM
May 2022
Le-Conteur said:
dragynfaerie said:

I don't know why you guys think he's dead. HE'S JUST SLEEPING AND RESTING. The english translation surely made a mistake

I don't know if the translation is to blame. I didn't for one second was made to assume he was dead. I always knew he was just sleeping from being completely exhausted. Even Hym told the others to be quiet, basically saying don't wake him up. I think it makes sense that he would be resting since he has practically dedicated the last 3 months to fighting non stop even after getting injured badly so many times. Sure everyone has suffered many injuries but I think Hyunckel has had the worst of them, specially when he took that hit from Baran. Surely of it had not been for Baran's sword being greatly diminished by Killvearn's blood, Hyunckel would have died at that time or at the very least been left unable to fight again as Baran warned him.

So I don't understand why a lot of people seem to think he is dead now. This is bad because then all those same people will come back and complain once again that once again he came back to life or that it was a fake death, when it should be completely obvious that he was just resting.
Jun 12, 2022 1:08 PM

Dec 2020
Yaakuntik said:
Le-Conteur said:

I don't know if the translation is to blame. I didn't for one second was made to assume he was dead. I always knew he was just sleeping from being completely exhausted. Even Hym told the others to be quiet, basically saying don't wake him up. I think it makes sense that he would be resting since he has practically dedicated the last 3 months to fighting non stop even after getting injured badly so many times. Sure everyone has suffered many injuries but I think Hyunckel has had the worst of them, specially when he took that hit from Baran. Surely of it had not been for Baran's sword being greatly diminished by Killvearn's blood, Hyunckel would have died at that time or at the very least been left unable to fight again as Baran warned him.

So I don't understand why a lot of people seem to think he is dead now. This is bad because then all those same people will come back and complain once again that once again he came back to life or that it was a fake death, when it should be completely obvious that he was just resting.

That's it !!!
Hyunckel is not dead but he's out of the game, because he's crippled
Only his soul can fight now...
Aug 28, 2022 5:21 AM
Oct 2019
Hyunckel die for real or just resting? i can't tell this probably a translation issue plus Hym was crying lol

Avan vs Killvearn START!!

More topics from this board

» NEW ANIME PROJECT CONFIRMED

SOSYBOI - Mar 11, 2023

12 by Illyricus »»
Apr 8, 6:53 AM

Poll: » Choose the best arc(s) in Dai no Daibouken!

DragonKnight92 - Oct 21, 2022

10 by Illyricus »»
Apr 8, 6:49 AM

Poll: » Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken (2020) Episode 32 Discussion

Stark700 - May 14, 2021

35 by Teirayo »»
Mar 30, 6:49 AM

Poll: » Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken (2020) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2020

132 by MonkeyDKyle »»
Mar 27, 1:04 PM

Poll: » Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken (2020) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2020

50 by Teirayo »»
Mar 27, 7:05 AM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.