Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Ya Boy Kongming!
Available on Manga Store
New
May 27, 2022 12:31 PM

Jul 2019
Yo. I watched a bit of Paripi Koumei, people seemed to like it so I thought it would be something nice to sit down and watch. But after a few episodes, this doesn't come across as the best thing this season. Kinda just a whatever seasonal.

I don't mean that like this isn't my cup of tea, but rather, this just feels so empty, yknow?

What am I missing out here? What makes this show good for you? Maybe I can try to understand.
May 27, 2022 12:42 PM

Mar 2018
I find the comedy pretty funny and the character interactions simple but genuine and likable. It's kind of a novelty but done in a great way so it is just generally fun
Sometimes you just want to hear anime girls squeak and squeal
May 27, 2022 12:44 PM

Sep 2012
Donno just taste of ppl, Its the best serie for me in this season (even if I know the manhua) and for example Spy x Family or Kaguya are just ok. Not everyone will like it.
Paripi has for me rly likable MC which make it easy to cheer her up to the top, Konming and his strategist point of view makes it rly funny to follow, their relationship is well drown. Kabe, Menager, Nanami (with Eiko best waifus in this season :V) are great and likable characters.
Art side is great, ost is good ( I would want bigger various of music but it's kinda understandable to use same song in last 3 episodes, to show how Eiko improves). Humor just matches my taste, I like when situations are funny not something forced or even worse, forced ecchi jokes. On the other hand it can be rly wholesome.

Donno just everything sums up to a great serie ^^
May 27, 2022 1:05 PM
Sep 2021
For me,
1.) They apply well-known kongming war strategy into idol anime which is very interesting for me. ( I love kongming's war strategy )

2.) Great songs

3.) EIKO is super cute
May 27, 2022 2:00 PM

Dec 2020
THE OPENING 🤌🤌🤌
May 27, 2022 4:51 PM

Jan 2021
The opening, music and the protagonist specifically. It isn't some niche masterpiece, but a decent show to delve into every week.
May 27, 2022 5:23 PM
Jul 2021
if you want to enjoy this anime, you need to know who Zugeliang and imagine tactic of wars use for management tactics / promotions.

don't understand those ? then we can't blame you.

the duo between eiko and Zugeliang remind me old anime like hikaru no go as well.
May 27, 2022 5:44 PM

May 2021
1. Kongming.
2.Plot progression
May 27, 2022 9:38 PM
Jan 2021
It’s pretty average. People just rated it high because not many people knew about it
The right mindset when watching an anime is hoping that it will break your top 10
May 28, 2022 1:49 AM

Jul 2019
official_brown said:
It’s pretty average. People just rated it high because not many people knew about it
I thought the power laid in the opening lmao.
May 28, 2022 5:42 AM

Oct 2019
NextUniverse said:
Yo. I watched a bit of Paripi Koumei, people seemed to like it so I thought it would be something nice to sit down and watch. But after a few episodes, this doesn't come across as the best thing this season. Kinda just a whatever seasonal.

I don't mean that like this isn't my cup of tea, but rather, this just feels so empty, yknow?

What am I missing out here? What makes this show good for you? Maybe I can try to understand.

its a smart, unique, charming, and easily lovable show that does everything that it wants to do well.

its well researched, has great music, a fantastic opening and amazing character designs.

it also has a layer of melancholy and teaching life lessons to it.

all those combined, plus good comedy and the fact that the show doesn't do ANYTHING wrong are the readon for why its so highly rated.
Also available at:
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
An AMV I that I spend way too much time on:
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
May 28, 2022 6:19 AM

Jun 2021
This anime is the most fun I've had in years. And I've watched over 1000 anime series. I, like many, was skeptical about such a thing.

What should have been a completely ridiculous premise is not only held up by good writing and genuine characters, but it manages to capitalize on the quirks introduced and blew away my expectations.

Kongming and Eiko are just an amazing duo. The supporting cast is just as good. And the care put into the music and animation are subtle things that go unnoticed unless you pay attention.

This anime, much like Eiko's journey, feels like a project with genuine heart and not made with all the support and expectations already in place of being successful.
May 28, 2022 10:29 AM
Jan 2022
NextUniverse said:

Adult cast, no romance and feel forced drama, no annoying character or weird character, balanced comedy and doesn't feel force and doesn't have Japan type humor that is not funny. crazy premise with good execution. just all of that criteria can make many show receive high rating, the minus is just the animation quality is not consistent and unfortunately not have many song variation and they use the same song over and over.

you can see many example anime that has unfunny comedy and forced, have annoying character or annoying trope, underage character, or even weird trope such as pervert/incest character. there's so many show that deserves high score if we just talk about the plot/animation quality, but many people is so turned off and rating it bad because that type content that some show has.
MnMm07May 28, 2022 10:34 AM
May 28, 2022 5:17 PM

Jan 2020
I like Kongming and the intro. It was enough to sell me on watching this tbh
May 28, 2022 5:48 PM

Aug 2018
the anime opening
May 28, 2022 6:06 PM

Jun 2019
I think it's relatively charming, funny, and somewhat original, which draws people towards it. It's good but not the best airing this season, IMO.
May 29, 2022 4:13 AM
Jun 2021
My 5 main reasons:

1) KONGMING: That guy has literally stole the show through his strategies, his character is just so likable and deep, I mean the way he is trying to adapt in this new modern world is so fun to watch

2) SONGS & MUSIC: Do I really need to explain this point? The songs are really so good, the OSTs and all the rapping stuff really is awesome

3) OP & EDs: I had to mention this point differently because it needs separate mentions, the opening of this show is a literal masterpiece and a banger, even the Ending is so likable, now whether you talk about its animation or song it just tick all the boxes for me

4) Plot & Story Progression: I never imagine that an isekai anime like this could have exist where they used a real life character according to the story requirement and the events progression don't seem to be forced and the goal setting and their motivation makes the story progression so smooth

5) CHARACTERS: This show deals with all the characters dilemmas very well whether it is Eiko, Nanami or Kabe Taijin, all the characters are fairly more realistic. Eiko is just so cute and Kongming is kind of a friend or tactician Everyone would wish to have

I don't know what else are you searching for in this gem show
May 29, 2022 4:15 AM
Aug 2021
why you not on the forum games aha
May 30, 2022 9:49 AM
May 2021
I didn’t really like it because of the lack of background story to Eiko. Also whenever it tries to go in the slice of life direction (which this show also lacks) it fails and feels really forced.
May 30, 2022 11:02 AM

Nov 2018
BE CRAZY FOR ME
MAKE ME SHINE ON YOUUUUUUUUUU
YOU'RE GONNA SEE ME WHEN YOU HEAR MY MUSICCCCCCCC
I'LL BE THERE FOR YOU
NO MATTER WHERE YOU GO
HOW DO YOU SEE ME FROM YOUR POINT OF VIEWWW
I STEAL YOUR HEART!!!!

I'LL TAKE YOU HIGHER
ARE YOU CRAZY FOR ME????
I'LL TAKE YOU HIGHER
ARE
YOU
CRAZY
FOR
ME???

The songs, plot and characters.

SEIBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

May 30, 2022 11:54 AM

Aug 2020
You're missing good taste.
Keep scrolling
May 30, 2022 12:32 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
The rather unique premise, Eiko kinda waifu asf ngl, and of course the opening

But tbh while the first 2 episodes slapped pretty hard, for me it slowly has become "it's fine but not great"

NYANPASU
5700XT

May 30, 2022 12:52 PM

Apr 2015
You have bad taste especially about favorite people on MAL.
May 30, 2022 9:11 PM

Jan 2022
Bjoviii said:
I didn’t really like it because of the lack of background story to Eiko. Also whenever it tries to go in the slice of life direction (which this show also lacks) it fails and feels really forced.
wait really, I'm really far behind but watching the first four episodes I'm still wandering about Eiko's backstory. It doesn't tackle in some of the latest episodes?

Is not by mean making this show bad, but is pretty shit to make your mc backstory suicidal and not mention it again :p

こんにちは はじめまして
さようなら またあした
@suenagaharuto
May 30, 2022 10:32 PM
Feb 2021
bugenvil said:
Bjoviii said:
wait really, I'm really far behind but watching the first four episodes I'm still wandering about Eiko's backstory. It doesn't tackle in some of the latest episodes?

Is not by mean making this show bad, but is pretty shit to make your mc backstory suicidal and not mention it again :p

sadly, her side story gets tackled in the future chapters of the manga.
Jun 2, 2022 10:58 PM

Jan 2011
i think most of us just like it cause of best boy Kongming, he is just overall great husbando material
Jun 7, 2022 1:17 PM
Dec 2017
the entire concept doing something really wtf to the reverse isekai side of things and also how really dope Kongming is and how wholesome it is and the music as well too are big factors to name a few.

Jun 9, 2022 12:11 PM

Jul 2019
I think it's pretty solid, but nothing of 7 or higher for me.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Jun 9, 2022 7:26 PM

Dec 2018
What makes this good? Well, for me because of

1. Kongming
2. Kongming strategy are amazing, he reusing his past dynasty era strategy and turn it in this modern era.
3. Eiko is cute, and she isn't annoying like most of female lead in some anime.
4. Kabe is cute too.
5. The plot
6. OP and ED song
7. The OST
8. The comedy is alright, not so funny but it's actually acceptable.
9. Adult casts since most of other anime is a school casts.
10. Kongming. Again. Haha.

Jun 16, 2022 9:10 AM
Jun 2021
OzeNix said:
For me,
1.) They apply well-known kongming war strategy into idol anime which is very interesting for me. ( I love kongming's war strategy )

2.) Great songs

3.) EIKO is super cute

this ain't idol anime my guy
Jun 16, 2022 9:29 AM

Oct 2007
Peepsqueeker said:
Why do people that rate everything extremely low always make threads like these on the forums? Always the questioning why other people like it and/or smack talk on how the specific anime is "bad".

It's simply that this anime was generic, empty and that it is no where near the quality that the current score implies
Jun 16, 2022 10:05 AM
Sep 2007
I just liked the music, characters, humor and I haven't watched a music anime in a bit, I just loved it. People can call it generic or so on, some manga or anime just isn't for you. Doesn't mean other people can't enjoy it, a anime you might like that is a 10/10 can be a 5/10 for another person, doesn't mean its not good. Its just your taste is different then others, you don't have to put to much into if you just don't feel something.
Hi
Jun 16, 2022 10:15 AM
Dec 2015
Dynasty Warriors
Jun 16, 2022 10:36 AM

Jul 2019
Peepsqueeker said:
belial said:

It's simply that this anime was generic, empty and that it is no where near the quality that the current score implies

I was questioning the low effort bait threads people like this make, I'm not questioning anybody's reason for liking or disliking an anime as that's a subjective opinion.

Over the course of time this guy made several threads/posts discussing quality of an anime that he himself rated poorly, obviously in reaction to that people either reply on those threads or comment on his profile with their disagreement. Add to that the obvious meme review of Ishuzoku Reviewers that he wants people to give a +1 with a link on his profile.

To me this all seems like a severe case of attention-seeking behavior, everything he does on this site is to grab attention by being overly negative (elitist?) while masking it as genuine interest, it's all a facade.

Nothing grabs more attention in an anime community than shitting on other people's tastes, obviously you can't do this in a blatant fashion as your posts would most likely be removed immediately, so instead they try to hide it in between the lines.

What he thinks: "Why is this so bad?"
What he posts: "What makes this good?"

We should talk and get to know each other better instead of making up some conspiracies. It's not a very nice thing to berate me like this :c
Jun 16, 2022 10:42 AM

Oct 2007
Peepsqueeker said:
belial said:

I was questioning the low effort bait threads people like this make, I'm not questioning anybody's reason for liking or disliking an anime as that's a subjective opinion.

Over the course of time this guy made several threads/posts discussing quality of an anime that he himself rated poorly, obviously in reaction to that people either reply on those threads or comment on his profile with their disagreement. Add to that the obvious meme review of Ishuzoku Reviewers that he wants people to give a +1 with a link on his profile.

To me this all seems like a severe case of attention-seeking behavior, everything he does on this site is to grab attention by being overly negative (elitist?) while masking it as genuine interest, it's all a facade.

Nothing grabs more attention in an anime community than shitting on other people's tastes, obviously you can't do this in a blatant fashion as your posts would most likely be removed immediately, so instead they try to hide it in between the lines.

What he thinks: "Why is this so bad?"
What he posts: "What makes this good?"

It's a fair question after all though
Jun 16, 2022 10:51 AM

Apr 2018
This anime is the rare kind of anime that is able to take a complete mismash of ideas and turns it into a convincing coherent narrative. Every single aspect of it, the characters, comedy, story, pacing, music, etc was given the attention it deserved, even if the show had to take risks in doing so. That's what really set this show apart for me this season.
Jun 16, 2022 10:56 AM

Apr 2018
belial said:

If this is something that can be labeled "generic", then the word as far as I'm concerned has effectively lost all meaning and purpose.
Jun 16, 2022 10:59 AM

Aug 2015
the opening, the plot and how original the genre is, overall it was fun to watch :)
Jun 16, 2022 2:29 PM

Oct 2007
Parataxicalis said:
belial said:

If this is something that can be labeled "generic", then the word as far as I'm concerned has effectively lost all meaning and purpose.

It's like a random LN, mismash of ideas loosely put together, no concept is deep and plot is as light on every specific point as possible.

Most of the "strategy" from the tactician was resumed to predicting future plot points. Pick historic stories and dilute them into something related to the current music-related problem.

Story of Arrows stolen from the enemy? Let's use it as if likes are finite
Illegal concert in the middle on Shibuya with less than 2000 people? Likes on the site increase/decrease according to the crowd
Rival band "lost" at 98000 likes? Let's say we recorded what they just sang, didn't give the link to anyone, but the new video is now over 100k likes (but that doesn't count towards the Likes Project)
I could go on, but it would take a while
Jun 16, 2022 2:42 PM
anime pervert

Apr 2013
Paripi was the opposite of generic for me.. quite refreshing and I loved the disco/club vibes, lowkey looking for Anime with similar vibes now.

Oh and the songs slap
Jun 16, 2022 2:43 PM
Oct 2016
Because it doesn't try to sell more than what it is.
Also it doesn't try to sell a bad written romcom to be popular just because of self insert
Jun 16, 2022 3:15 PM

Apr 2018
belial said:
It's like a random LN, mismash of ideas loosely put together, no concept is deep and plot is as light on every specific point as possible.

Most of the "strategy" from the tactician was resumed to predicting future plot points. Pick historic stories and dilute them into something related to the current music-related problem.

Story of Arrows stolen from the enemy? Let's use it as if likes are finite
Illegal concert in the middle on Shibuya with less than 2000 people? Likes on the site increase/decrease according to the crowd
Rival band "lost" at 98000 likes? Let's say we recorded what they just sang, didn't give the link to anyone, but the new video is now over 100k likes (but that doesn't count towards the Likes Project)
I could go on, but it would take a while

If this is what you meant by Paripi Koumei being "generic", I think it's safe to say you don't understand what the word means. But even setting this aside, I'm confused as to why you're so hung up over the fact that the depictions of the Romance of the Three Kingdoms was not perfectly exact, an extremely small and minor detail in my eyes in the grand scheme of things.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Paripi Koumei Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 28, 2022

90 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Paripi Koumei Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 21, 2022

85 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Paripi Koumei Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 14, 2022

105 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Paripi Koumei Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2022

136 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » Paripi Koumei Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2022

185 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Yesterday, 5:19 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.