Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Ya Boy Kongming!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 7, 2022 7:28 AM

Nov 2011
Heh, it seems Kongming has high expectations for Eiko. Pressure is on her but she seems like a hard worker.

We got more song performances on stage so I guess it'll be a recurring part of this anime, even if features other stars although Eiko still shows her talent. I honestly find Eiko pretty entertaining to watch for her presence and personality. She also seems to have fun while performing.

Apr 7, 2022 7:28 AM

Jul 2021
CHITTY CHITTY BANG BANG lmaoo love this part from the OP and the ED is pretty cute visually.

Looks like Kongming aka a tactician will support Eiko's path along the way to fulfill her confidence in singing. So Eiko is on her way to gain more fans in order to reach her dreams.

The boss offers Kongming a ticket to go to the Z20 Event in Shibuya and boy I can't get enough of their talks when it comes to other aspects that Kongming's era gotta reminiscent lmao.

So both of them went to the concert to see Mia and she's singing a Rihanna cover, her singing is pretty good, the movement on the 2nd half was pretty smooth ngl but I do wish they kinda focus on her movement more but that's all good, her singing still impresses me.
Lmao Eiko and Kongming had the confidence to confront Mia herself 🤣 but hey Mia offers Eiko to go live at a big stage, and Kongming is about to bend the AlGoRitHMs mhm mhm.

Eiko is practicing in preparation for the big stage performance and Kongming seems to be responsible to focus on the event itself. The event started and Mia started her performance and she has like 100x more fans than Eiko ;_; Lmao Kongming is such a chad bringing more audience through using some alcohol, yep but it worked and Eiko's performance overall is amazing. Mia is mad in the end and you know it :P

"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Apr 7, 2022 7:31 AM

Jul 2017
QUEENDOM's OP "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang" is a slick banger! Hey, let's party people!

The strategic tactician Kongming has made up his mind to support Eiko's music career as her manager, though getting that off does take a lot of work. The bar owner Kobayashi's obsession with the Three Kingdoms sure is unparalleled.

The trip to the Z20 Music Club serves as an eye-opener for Eiko and Kongming when it comes to music, and Mia Iriomote's performance gave the strategist a way to concoct stratagems. But more than not, Kongming wanting to meet her straightforwardly gives Eiko a chance to showcase herself on a big stage...albeit with a caveat: a head-to-head sing-off that both Owner Kobayashi and Kongming knows will end in her defeat. Thus, the tactician is engaged!

Club WAAARP, the place to be where multiple artists will sing off, and Kongming certainly has a stratagem to draw Mio's crowd to Eiko's side, and the trick's easy to pull off given the Kobayashi's connections and the Stone Sentinel Maze strategy to lure people to Eiko. The crowd's coming!

Keep the great job coming!
KANLen09Apr 7, 2022 9:23 AM
Apr 7, 2022 7:36 AM

Apr 2014
All of the songs from this series are banger!
The mysterious idol Azalea. Is it that AZALEA!? Is it that AZALEA!? 🤣 🤣 🤣
何それ?意味分かんない
Apr 7, 2022 7:37 AM
Jan 2022
best op this season 🕺🎤🎧
Apr 7, 2022 7:46 AM

Dec 2015
Zhuge liang NP to prevent audience from leaving, omg..... LOOOL, seeing the owner reaction is just XDDDDDDDD
Apr 7, 2022 7:50 AM

Jul 2011
Seeing Kongming various outfits in the OP, I just could think "He looks very shady in almost every outfit".

This Azalea group, by the looks, feels like that is just a front for a underground group wanting to conquer the world, if anyone get the reference.

EIKO concert was great visually, and Kongming plan was great, because is important know where the toilet is too.
Apr 7, 2022 8:12 AM
Sep 2015
The club in this episode is based on real club "WARP Shinjuku" which has 3 floors just like in anime, but with some difference (like the Eiko's floor design) so that Kongming plan is possible to execute.
But I've to point out 2 things, in the club scene it's the DJ that control the audience, not the singer, especially in the EDM trend. In fact it's quite rare to feature a live singer in a club. And unknown singer is actually the one to pay to the club to get perform on stage. They require to sell a quota of tickets to bring more audience to the club.
I kinda hope Kongming address this issue, but turn out he skip through this phase.
Apr 7, 2022 8:29 AM

Sep 2021
I was expecting a bit more of a reaction from Kongming towards modern culture but he seemed to have adjusted to it absurdly quickly lol.

Eiko is definitely one of the best girl of the year. It's the first time I see PA Works animate these cartoonish effects (on Eiko) and damn they are clean and loveable.
hdkzTanaka_isGodApr 13, 2022 12:54 AM
Apr 7, 2022 8:32 AM

Dec 2016
I normally don't dive too much into OPs because (imho) they just serve as "packaging" for the final product. But this one has so much style and attitude that it's almost impossible not to give some deserved praise. I'm truly hoping Konming eventually gets more stylish clothes.

A decent follow up on what was a great premiere epside. Though I didn't like how much infodumping was placed during the actual performances, it's quite distracting from what should be the highlight of the episode.

Eiko's personality has shifted a little, she sounds even more like other goofy roles Hondo has done in the past, more pronounced on Sakura from ZLS. Also, if my ears aren't betraying me, it was interesting to hear Kobayashi Yuu (Potato Girl) voice a more spiteful character than her regular ones.

I dig a lot that "Hey DJ" is used as the Ed in quite charming chibi style. This might even lure more new peeps into giving a chance to D4DJ First Mix.
Apr 7, 2022 8:51 AM

Aug 2018
Another good episode. I'm a little bothered by the (over)use of still shots, but given the quality of the dancing shots, I guess they had to make some compromises.

The anime is doing a really good job of emphasizing the strategic side of the plot and what Kongming really brings to Eiko's natural talent.

Can't wait for the Azalea arc! That's my favorite.
Set SCE to AUX
Apr 7, 2022 8:55 AM
Seigi no Mikata

Sep 2021
If you love the OP please check out the original song
Apr 7, 2022 9:03 AM

May 2021
Another brilliant episode as Kongming uses a tactic from the past to het Eiko some more followers. Plus she's cute than Mia anyways. Its like an unknown anime suddenly got more karma than AoT.

OP and ED were pretty stylish(and cute) as well.

Apr 7, 2022 9:10 AM
Mar 2021
TBH, when I first heard of this show and read the concept, I thought it was going to be... silly. And I wasn't wrong. It IS silly.

But it's also earnest. And wholesome. And optimistic. And gentle. And GOOD, not just in terms of its optimism and emotions, but also in terms of its production quality, writing and character dynamics. It's a good show with good writing about good people trying their best, and the premise doesn't take itself too seriously while simultaneously leaning into it and taking it completely seriously. A contradictory statement, perhaps, but what I mean is that this show is not pretentious about what it is. It treats Eiko's ambitions and Kongming's situation with the respect they deserve while also acknowledging how fundamentally WEIRD the premise must sound. A really delicate balance, that, but one they've pulled off with aplomb.

I'm... kind of shocked by how much I love this, by how good it is, by this show's overall quality. And that's not even when I take the absolutely BANGER of an OP into account. Really excited to see where the season leads!
Apr 7, 2022 9:17 AM

Feb 2017
Uh-oh - EIKO's got herself an enemy...but then again, it wouldn't be a show with a tactician without someone to oppose, am I right? :P

Gotta say, I'm digging this so far! It manages to get some kind of comedic value out of most of its situations, all while playing into the absurdity of everything. Even when I'm not laughing, I'm not bored.

Also, I don't normally comment on this sort of thing, but I love the OP, both musically and visually. It leans heavily into its club-style track with garish, stylized color combinations, juxtaposed against the simplified movements of the models.
"You don't need a reason to help people." ~Zidane Tribal
Apr 7, 2022 9:31 AM

May 2020
LOL this opening... had me cracked up, literally. Also english songs in this series sounding better than what I expected.

Kongming though, living up to his name again and again.
Apr 7, 2022 9:36 AM

Nov 2016
Konming isn't only a genius on the battlefield , lol.

Enter Mia, the badass instagrammer who likes to work out. She's the first of many rivals, I look forward to the others.

Funky opening btw

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 7, 2022 10:00 AM

May 2021
Great episode! Eiko gets the chance to sing but she doesn't realise that the person who invites her is trying to make everyone come to her performance whilst hers is abandoned!
Kongming's genius stone sentinel maze strategy works out though! Everyone listens to Eiko's music!

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Apr 7, 2022 10:20 AM

Nov 2015
Gem of this season maybe for this year.

Well executed from the opening to ending
Apr 7, 2022 10:35 AM
Jun 2016
kizumi91 said:
If you love the OP please check out the original song

Great catch! I always appreciate the original/possible sources.
Apr 7, 2022 12:16 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Damn, that's some Op right there! Visual-wise in particular, J.C. Studio definitely nailed it. So many random backgrounds and whatnot but those dance moves, boy this is something.

Poor lady though, she just wanted to amass more attention to herself but Kongming totally threw that off course. Using a military tactic from the past, he's definitely serious about this! If this is what's in treat for us, I'm definitely excited.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Apr 7, 2022 12:36 PM

Jul 2016
Man, this episode was so good. Eiko continues to be a cutie and Kongming's plan was simply epic. Seriously, it was genius how he combined war tactics with modern technology and human behaviour to prevent the audience from leaving Eiko's stage.

Surprise of the season so far.
Apr 7, 2022 1:55 PM
Jun 2021
Zhuge liang master of strategy
Apr 7, 2022 1:56 PM
Nov 2018
Entertaining show. I wish she didn't sing in Engrish though, it just sounds wrong. It is a rather simple stratagem, Japan music industry is huge and domestic music is clearly more popular. Trying to compete with US/UK/EU singers on their field is just dumb.
Apr 7, 2022 2:07 PM

Mar 2021
Oh man what a great episode! We finally got the OP and maan is it good.
Apr 7, 2022 2:27 PM
May 2021
I didn't plan to watch this, but it has me invested in it already. The opening is crazy lit too.
ASOIAF is the best piece of fiction

Apr 7, 2022 4:12 PM

May 2015
I love it!

I love how they're mixing the music with the strategy and keeping to the theme they've made by introducing a Chinese general to the modern day. I'm glad its not just a clothing/talking gimic and they went full in.

Can't wait to watch more. (Also the voice actor for Aiko didn't click for me that it was Maple from Bofuri until now lol.)
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Apr 7, 2022 4:34 PM

Sep 2020
It's true that Mia is vapid, but that arrogant Kobayashi Yuu's voice...pure love!
I can't wait for Eiko and Kongming to crash against her again.
Apr 7, 2022 5:23 PM
Jul 2018
loved how Kongming used that strategy(The Stone Sentinel Maze) used from the past to gathered a lot of people inside Eiko's floor, yes it is a trap, but still worth hearing Eiko's song!
Apr 7, 2022 5:38 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
This show just keeps getting better and better. The OP is a very catchy banger. Ya Boy Kongming decides to do some recon on some of the artist in the local club scene at Z20 with Eiko. They come across Mia who was able to draw a crowd and is extremely popular. They get a chance to meet Mia and Eiko was able to introduce herself to her. Mia decides to invite Eiko to Club WAAARP for a round lady's night. However, this turned out to be a trap as Eiko will be on a separate stage and performing at the same time as Mia. It seems Mia is more concerned about her image than her vocal training, that will hurt her in the long run when she tries to compete against other talented artist. Kongming used the Stone Sentinel Maze strategy draw in and trap the crowd at Ekio's stage which lead her to gain at lot of followers on social media that night.
Apr 7, 2022 6:26 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Yo, that op and that club strategy. This keeps getting interesting.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Apr 7, 2022 6:29 PM

Mar 2020
Woahh WHAT A GREAT OP!! It's so catchy!! I love it!!
Chan chan ai chiki chiki ban ban

WAHHHH. I REALLY LOVE THIS SHOW!! ONE OF MY FAVORITES THIS SPRING SEASON.

Eiko-chan gained a lot of followers!!!!!
Oppai check!

111 cm: Hancock
110 cm: Zoro
100 cm: Robin
Apr 7, 2022 6:34 PM

Jan 2011
this continues to be fun and great that strategy was highly effective on a bunch of drunk people lol

also that op is amazing
Apr 7, 2022 7:08 PM

Aug 2020
Didnt notice it is already episode 2. Kongming finally uses his first strategy for Eiko. Nice nice nice

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Apr 7, 2022 8:19 PM

Jun 2013
What's up, sisses and bros?

Fuck Mia

OP and ED are real bangers
Apr 7, 2022 9:09 PM

Oct 2016
I'm going to love this show, I can feel it. I love every single character who's been on screen so far, I love the plot, the OP & ED, it feels like this might be a serious AOTS contender for me. And to think my first thought on seeing the MAL entry was "yeah I'm probably going to drop this one." Just goes to show how even the weirdest premises can be turned into something wonderful with the right execution.
Trying out (almost) every anime that airs each season since 2018.
Apr 7, 2022 9:23 PM

Sep 2019
Im speechless, i watched the fist episode out of curiosity and i can tell this will be my gem for the season, my inner Kingdom geek is overjoyed while im reading through the war strategies used in the concert. Cant wait for the next chapter
Apr 7, 2022 9:32 PM

Jan 2020
Banger opening and banger episode. I'm really liking the dynamics between the two and seeing her growth is quite wholesome

Apr 8, 2022 1:29 AM

Dec 2020
THE OP?#?#!$!# definitely Not something id expect out of this anime snd not something id usually listen to but that was wayyy too catchy LMAO. even the dance moves, they were kinda awkward but i memorized them all in less than 2 mins wtf😭

mia's got greag charisma. she leads the stage well but sigh, no competition against eiko and kongming
Apr 8, 2022 1:50 AM

May 2018
phantomfandom said:

I kinda hope Kongming address this issue, but turn out he skip through this phase.

The whole point was promoting Eiko and Kongming did exactly that.
Her singing career is so early that making profit is out of the question, it's the "making a name" phase.
Apr 8, 2022 3:02 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Stylistic opening and nice song they used too. Very well suited to the theme of the show that needs something to pumped up your soul to the very end. Good job.

With that being said, finally its about time Manager Koumei used his very intelligence to comes up with something against that wicked woman. Supporting by a perfect place and connection from owner to execute a great plan for Eiko performance, i can say its a good serve for me to enjoy the episode not for the music itself but also the twist coming from Koumei.

Then chibi ed close the episode with such a wholesome atmosphere. Lets see what Koumei used at the next...
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Apr 8, 2022 3:32 AM

Oct 2008
Another impressive episode! well played great strategist Kongming!!
5/5.

Apr 8, 2022 6:33 AM

Sep 2011
I really enjoyed the episode. This anime is so good <3
Apr 8, 2022 7:11 AM

Jun 2016
holy fuck this is a banger anime !!!

highly recommended to watch ..
Apr 8, 2022 7:12 AM

Oct 2016
Man, I fucking love this show. This and Deaimon are definitely my favorite new shows so far this season, though Shikimori and Spy X Family will surely join that list soon.

That OP is fantastic, and I don't know if I am trippin, but the song sounds familiar as hell, like I heard it before.

Mia's a bitch, but I ain't no liar, her performance was hot.

I was smiling when Kongming trapped the audience lmao. Even though I know little about history more so the Three Kingdoms, I really enjoy Kongming and The Owner's history nutting. I am sure we will see more modern renditions of Kongming's strategies, looking forward to that and of course to Eiko's performances as well,
Apr 8, 2022 7:13 AM

Jul 2012
I really liked both OP and ED!

Yuu Kobayashi is here and singing! Nice!

Kongming is the man! I already love the dude!
Apr 8, 2022 7:29 AM

Oct 2018
The dancing Chingchongs in OP was absolutely hilarious. The ED is pretty good also. It give retro disco vibes. OP and ED of the season for sure. It was a great episode and I have high hopes for my one of my favorite studios.
Natsuki_SanJuanApr 8, 2022 7:36 AM

“Once you've been loved once and have loved once, you cannot forget it.”
― Natsume Takashi
Apr 8, 2022 8:29 AM
Jun 2020
A rather evolving episode, pretty nice one for a new story on an anime. Kongming's determination isn't just what he said but he implemented his strategies as well and it worked.

Meanwhile episode 1 didn't really do much except for setting up the base for the "stage", this episode helped us all by giving a clue of what this show is about, and where it is going. Mainly what it means to start a career from zero and there's always a way to do it.

8/10 overall for this episode, if I can say then this episode is the hooking point of the anime. Looking forward to see the next one asap.
Rants and possibly reviewing shows I have watched.
Apr 8, 2022 9:20 AM

May 2013
The best part of the OP was a dance I can actually pull off. These guys get it!

Episode was great. Really surprised they didn't leave it off with a dissapointing cliff hanger before the head to head against MIA, but they did us all the solid of delivering all at once. The strategy was pretty funny. I could have sworn they would have just switched the sign for the stairs and the restroom and cranked up the mist machines and it would have probably worked just as well with less hand wavy illusions, but I like that it paralleled Konming's older strategy.

Music was great, visually stunning, characters are satisfying, and the show has just been fun and managed to deliver a head to head in the first couple episodes. Safe to say anyone not watching this show is missing out.
Apr 8, 2022 9:44 AM

Jul 2021
Damn, I think my favorite anime of this season so far is this one. So dumb but so good.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Paripi Koumei Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2022

224 by Bielna »»
Apr 15, 2:25 AM

Poll: » Paripi Koumei Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2022

114 by Mailo91 »»
Apr 4, 2:29 AM

Poll: » Paripi Koumei Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 14, 2022

104 by Mailo91 »»
Apr 3, 6:10 AM

Poll: » Paripi Koumei Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 26, 2022

90 by Sexyjutsu »»
Mar 28, 2:00 AM

» Romance

mechian - May 8, 2022

41 by Rob7 »»
Jan 21, 2:13 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.