Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Shikimori's Not Just a Cutie
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Apr 30, 2022 2:15 PM

Aug 2019
I hope this series ends with Izumi dying young in an extremely rare way, it would really fit the bad luck theme.

Dropped 3/10
Apr 30, 2022 2:21 PM

Apr 2022
Jasev said:
I hope this series ends with Izumi dying young in an extremely rare way, it would really fit the bad luck theme.

Dropped 3/10

Damn, what did I just read, lol...
Apr 30, 2022 2:28 PM

Jan 2013
Hellothere31 said:
I think it was a pretty good episode, everything its typical but I guess if you like romance you will like this episode.

This anime is basically the prologue of a drama filled anime, where nothing really goes on lol
Bypassed the double post completely with a triple post, very impressive.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Apr 30, 2022 2:32 PM

Aug 2021
LostSpectre said:
Hellothere31 said:
I think it was a pretty good episode, everything its typical but I guess if you like romance you will like this episode.

This anime is basically the prologue of a drama filled anime, where nothing really goes on lol
Bypassed the double post completely with a triple post, very impressive.

Damn first time I have seen that happen.
Apr 30, 2022 3:47 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Speaking for myself, this anime had been hit or miss for me, mostly miss. But as if this episode... yeah I kind of really liked everything. This episode alone had quite a lot to drastically improve my opinion on this (at least for now, hopefully the rest continues to be as good!!), but it was mostly because of this:

Also I just now noticed the visuals for the ED, it's kinda cute

NYANPASU
5700XT

Apr 30, 2022 3:52 PM
Aug 2020
Wow, I sure am glad that they showed us how Shikimori and tall girl became friends instead of, oh idk, showing us how she got together with Izumi?! Give me a reason to care about them.

And thats's why the second part of the episode felt kind of cringe to me, all this lovey dovey talk over the phone felt forced and unearned to me.
Apr 30, 2022 3:57 PM
Feb 2022
I liked it because the episode shows Shikimori and Izumi's friends deciding where to go during their summer vacation and they all decide to go to the river because Izumi is sensitive to the sun and S shikimori says he will protect him from anything that happens
Apr 30, 2022 4:04 PM

Jan 2021
I like this anime but I admit its pretty one-note vanilla romance. (I still enjoy it by the way) But this episode made me think everyone kinda treats Shikimori like a Goddess. Not in the funny way like Komi-san, but it feels like everyone puts her on some kind of perfect pedestal. I'm mean I get it, she's got the skills/looks to back it up. Makes me wonder how she really feels with everyone praising her.
Apr 30, 2022 5:01 PM

Mar 2018
I wonder why they don't just facetime unless that's not a part of the technology of this time.
Apr 30, 2022 5:21 PM

Jun 2021
Im actually not surprised by this rate that went from 7.49 to 7.19.. I already know this show will flop ever since episode 1.
Apr 30, 2022 5:41 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Really enjoyed this one, I really loved Shikimori’s reaction to Izumi looking at the swimsuit poster lol, I thought for a second she’d work out and get some killer abs but swimsuit is good too. I also really liked the backstory to Nekozaki and Shikimori’s friendship, I agree with Nekozaki, Shikimori is definitely an ideal woman lol, but I find the way Nekozaki thinks about her interesting, I really like it tho, potentially a taste of yuri action.

Speaking of yuri action, the post credits bit between Shikimori and Izumi’s mom was really good, she’s out here trying to steal Shikimori from her son lmao, also nearly killed her with a knife but got a good moment out of it. The phone call was also really good, but I don’t see why they don’t just video call each other if they wanted to see each other’s faces so bad lol, it was a very sweet moment anyway tho.

It is a shame to see so many people dropping or not enjoying the show, but of course I will remain enjoying it until the end! I guess that makes it an underrated show this season, at least that’s how I see it.
Apr 30, 2022 5:50 PM
Mar 2021
Shikimori is kawaii when jealous, cool when competitive, thats the best combo in a best girl of the season.
Apr 30, 2022 5:55 PM

Aug 2008
I feel Shikimori could be so much better used if there was actually some kind of... you know plot to make this interesting. As it is I'm bored. These episodes could be trimmed down to 5 min bite sized eps and be better if it is going to stay a show of blushes and nothing else.
Apr 30, 2022 6:15 PM

Jan 2013
gswelcome said:
I feel Shikimori could be so much better used if there was actually some kind of... you know plot to make this interesting. As it is I'm bored. These episodes could be trimmed down to 5 min bite sized eps and be better if it is going to stay a show of blushes and nothing else.
What plot is a school SOL supposed to have? I would agree that shorter segments could be better, but a 5 min episode would just be pointless.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Apr 30, 2022 6:25 PM

Jul 2021
The best episode so far imo. It was pretty funny and enjoyable. I hope they'll dig into character's backstories soon, I don't really find other characters interesting beside Shikimori.
Apr 30, 2022 6:41 PM

Sep 2018
They should just scrap the main romance and go with the yuri ship, like what they did in that last scene. Would be ten times better.
Apr 30, 2022 7:07 PM
Sep 2021
Fine Episode

Fine, Fine And Fine to Watch
Apr 30, 2022 7:11 PM

Sep 2020
Yeah, Shikimori and mc's mom had more chemistry than beta Izumi
Apr 30, 2022 7:15 PM
Aug 2021
Liked how they focused on the side characters as well and not just Shikimori
Apr 30, 2022 7:42 PM

Nov 2017
another great episode, especially the post-credits scene is epic !!!
Apr 30, 2022 7:45 PM
Wings

Apr 2017
This show could genuinely benefit from fan service. We got fed a lil right before the ending. However, we can only have faith in the swimsuit now, because this show has lost it.

It just feels like a compilation of shorts, as if a lesser version of Komi Can't Communicate.
Apr 30, 2022 7:52 PM
Mar 2015
Fun seeing the girls together Shikimori gets embarrassed by the swimsuit she is very competitive and gets turned on by passes made at her by the other girl
Apr 30, 2022 8:02 PM

Jan 2020
FMmatron said:
I rather ship Shikimori and Nekozaki. A sprinkle of love triangle and yuri is what this bland anime needs xD

Yuri improves absolutely nothing
Apr 30, 2022 8:05 PM
Mar 2022
I already get used to Shikimori's great personality and all that stuff, so PLEASE DO NOT show it every minute 🙄

That being said, I really life the flashback of Nekozaki, it's always pretty funny to see Shikimori's expressions when she's jealous and overcompetitive 😂

Also, it was so wholesome to see that Izumi's friends actually care about him going to the river or the beach 😊😭❤️
Apr 30, 2022 8:06 PM

Jan 2020
Ngl, whenever I watch this, I just crave watching ToniKawa. Nasa is Yuu done well imo. Oh, and there are more intimate and funny moments in that anime. I’ll continue watching hoping for the best, but I’m disappointed for sure
Apr 30, 2022 8:06 PM

Jul 2017
Dang, they're really enforcing the fact that "bad luck" Izumi is here to stay, and that the others are all planning for their Summer break in a way that doesn't hold him back. But first, they have to get through their final exams...and getting some swimsuits for the occasion.

This whole show isn't just Izumi and Shikimori alone, it's also getting both characterization on Shikimori's friends Hachimitsu and Nekozaki as well.

Through the worries of exams, talking about the stars helps to calm their minds, and hopefully prepare to do good and enjoy their summer vacation.

The post-credits of a cooking lesson with Shikimori and Izumi's mom, that was really funny.

Apr 30, 2022 8:09 PM

Jan 2020
thehornedrat said:
Anime continues going downhill quick.
We just dont want the message, in this case perfect and flawless Mary Sue females, rubbed all over our faces. Even Marin has flaws ffs.
Thats why we sought refuge in manga and anime, and not consuming Western sh!t.

Performance reflected in the ratings...this was like top 20 beginning of the season. Looking forward to it dropping to the second page soon.

Kitagawa is a far more entertaining character than Shikimori. More importantly, Gojou isn’t annoying and completely useless like Yuu is
Apr 30, 2022 8:11 PM

Jan 2020
-Kara said:
This show could genuinely benefit from fan service. We got fed a lil right before the ending. However, we can only have faith in the swimsuit now, because this show has lost it.

It just feels like a compilation of shorts, as if a lesser version of Komi Can't Communicate.

I haven’t gotten into Komi yet, but I’ve heard of a piece of crap annoying female character called Reina I believe. Does she have a major role, cause that would be a shame. Also, are there more romantic moments?
Apr 30, 2022 8:40 PM

Mar 2013
Such a great episode with Shikimori's blushiness!
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Apr 30, 2022 9:13 PM

Aug 2019
Pretty good episode, all the seasonal animes getting into the summer arcs do be getting me into the mood aswell for summer, but to bad i don't really do much for summer other then stress for exams nor even go outside for the matter, i'd actually spontaneously combust.

Can't help but feel like Shikimori when around Izumi is a literal glass cannon, but when around others she can become a trebuchet. Liked the backstory to how Nekozaki and Shikimori met, Nekozaki seemed pretty head over heels for Shikimori, even more so after seeing her serious side.

I don't even know what that ending was, but i liked where it was going so fine by me.
Apr 30, 2022 9:49 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Feels bad for a poor boy Izumi couldn't even handle the scorched sun. Me was literally Hachi, more enjoying the whole summer break in da house with a lots of cool ac around. Heavenly feels. But ofc they won't be that shut-in much, so yeah river trip soon, i guess xd

Neko backstory was literally the first love with Micchon, and they both looks so matched up with the whole burning competition against each other. Too bad the plot forced Neko to be just the wingwoman for Micchon, and ofc its an actual luck for the poor boy Izumi. Must be proud of it!

Lets skip into the cooking class with mama, which surely trying hard to steal Shikimori from her own son. Damn what a wicked woman with all her wizardry. But i honestly can't deny her heated feeling when nearby those dazzling girl!

Amazing episode as always...
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Apr 30, 2022 9:51 PM

Apr 2020
While Shikimori is pouting herself to death while choosing for a swimsuit, we got a flashback scene of the beginnings for Neko and Shikimori's relationship. Though I would prefer having that scene where Yuu confess to Michoon soon I guess we'll have some tidbits about our side characters, I think that's fine for me.

And aside from sweet talk between our main couple, yo that scene between Mi-chan and Mama Motoko is gotta be pure fanservice for me. Dont tell me that I'm being teased to ship these two in my yuri fantasies, well I think I'm already am in that process.
Apr 30, 2022 10:15 PM

Sep 2015
Wow the scene after the ending was amazing xD, Izumis mother and Shikimori, I really do ship them.

But that was very wholesome with the phone call scene.
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Apr 30, 2022 10:46 PM
No.1 Nahida Simp

Jan 2017
Oh man, this show's score is like money on my bank account. It's already low but it still keeps decreasing.

I feel sad for Doga Kobo. The animations and character designs are so good but looks like the anime is a miss to a majority of audience this time, just like Osamake. Shikimori and Izumi mama are top-tier waifus though.
misterreicchiApr 30, 2022 11:27 PM
Apr 30, 2022 10:49 PM

Jan 2021
We need more of Izumi’s mom fr
Apr 30, 2022 11:33 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Ah yes the eve before summer vacation begins blissful times. Its always nice to have friends thats considerate of your needs. Its amusing seeing Micchon search for the exact same swimsuit that Izumi homed in on. The insight into how Kyo and Yui were like before they befriended Shikimori was nice. That basketball game sure ended up being more serious than anyone thought it will be. The observation that Micchon might be the one caught in Izumi's palm really was an interesting one. Being able to see the stars on a clear night is a rare event indeed and even more so when being able to enjoy it with your other half. Attending cooking classes to improve your own knowledge and be able to surprise Izumi was a nice development on Micchon's part with the chance of being able to bond with his mother being a nice bonus as well. Being accident prone really looks like it runs in the family though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 30, 2022 11:39 PM

Jan 2021
TIL that left handed knives exist. I never really pay attention to knives when I use them, but apparantly it has something to do with which side is serrated and which side is flat. The more you know.

May 1, 2022 1:45 AM

Mar 2012
Izumi/Hachimitsu interaction is so cute haha. They were just both chilling. Izumi has good friends //nods
"You're actually earnest despite your face." Inuzuka,,, I am sorry (Also I like his tsukkomi comments hahaha)

Ohh from the flashback, Nekozaki and Hachimitsu only got to be friends with Shikomori and Izumi during their first year. Nekozaki gushing over Shikomori and telling her to stop and it's creepy, help. Shikomori/Izumi only started dating on their first year too. I can't remember if we had info about when Inuzuka entered the friend group

「なんか嬉しそう。何買ったの?」this part was cute uhu
「会いたいな、今直ぐ」shikomori was not able to take it

I was happy when I heard Izumi's mom's voice at the end so the post-credits scene was a treat. Another ep of an Izumi family member being smitten with Shikomori...
May 1, 2022 1:55 AM
Sep 2021
This episode was fine, it was all about Izumi and his group discussing plans for summer.

I give this episode a 6/10.
May 1, 2022 2:01 AM

Oct 2021
I feel like every characters in here are freaking gay. Well, aside from Papa Izumi & Hachimitsu.
May 1, 2022 3:08 AM
Oct 2019
Sarripp said:
This show is purely Garbage people literally overhype this anime.

say the one who rate Highschool of the Dead & Date a Live 10/10
sure man...
May 1, 2022 3:16 AM
Oct 2019
flashback about how Shikimori and Nekozaki known each other through Intense Basketball Match..

i didn't realize Shikimori was left handed before, maybe i miss it on the other episode.

another wholesome and funny episode.
May 1, 2022 3:43 AM

Oct 2016
I was like wtf the ED is playing already, episode felt like 5 minutes, but we were blessed by that post credits scene lmao.

Man, these are some good friends. Always love a good friend group in anime, like in Horimiya for example.

Izumi and Shikimori are so cute, remove the bad luck, and that's an ideal relationship right there.

Can't wait for that summer river trip.
May 1, 2022 3:46 AM

Mar 2022
This episode reinforces my previous point. This show would be FAR better off just cutting the first two episodes and condensing the content to after credits scenes. This is way more watchable and I actually enjoyed it. It's sweet in a middleschooler kind of way.

But they are still making up anime only scenarios of the MC bad luck. Way to pumel him into the ground more. Come on! And then this anime only when they make him whining with EVERYTHING! Stand up... ta ta ta... ow ow ow... And it's so SLOW. Everytime anything bad happens, he just stops and frames go by when he contemplates what just happened for WAY TO LONG! It's like they are force feeding us certain ideas and I hate it.

Other than that, friends substantialy improve the watching experience. Nekozaki is GREAT! And we get an "ara ara" from The Mom in the closing scene.

Atleast I'm not annoyed after watching this episode and from the manga I guess story will improve a bit
May 1, 2022 3:59 AM

Sep 2016
left handed representation REAL
infinite money glitch click here for money free mony click here real

May 1, 2022 4:29 AM

May 2015
Such a boring episode, I mentally sighed when they mention beach but they didn't even go there this episode, I guess the next one will be just as boring.
Also, the constant highlighting of Shikimori's cute and cool sides is just meh. Come on, it's not so special, you don't have to gush about it so much...
TenMay 1, 2022 5:05 AM
May 1, 2022 4:42 AM

Jul 2021
Izumi's mom is sus af in this episode
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

May 1, 2022 5:05 AM

Apr 2018
Let's just switch to Yuri-stuff between Shikimori And Neko.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
May 1, 2022 5:54 AM

Jan 2013
misterreicchi said:
Oh man, this show's score is like money on my bank account. It's already low but it still keeps decreasing.

I feel sad for Doga Kobo. The animations and character designs are so good but looks like the anime is a miss to a majority of audience this time, just like Osamake. Shikimori and Izumi mama are top-tier waifus though.
The char. designs and art in general seems pretty generic to me, it's a lot better looking in the manga, but art can be subjective.
May 1, 2022 6:14 AM

Nov 2016
Let me tell you that this is the only show that I watch this week where I lose my patiences and 20 minutes feels like an hour.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kawaii dake ja Nai Shikimori-san Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2022

107 by ad0rablegoat »»
Apr 19, 4:34 PM

Poll: » Kawaii dake ja Nai Shikimori-san Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2022

351 by HollowP03 »»
Apr 16, 10:55 AM

Poll: » Kawaii dake ja Nai Shikimori-san Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 9, 2022

223 by Treyv0n »»
Mar 31, 3:49 PM

Poll: » Kawaii dake ja Nai Shikimori-san Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2022

116 by Treyv0n »»
Mar 30, 1:03 PM

Poll: » Kawaii dake ja Nai Shikimori-san Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2022

98 by Treyv0n »»
Mar 30, 11:58 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.