Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 29, 2022 5:59 PM

Nov 2011
Pretty interesting to focus on Avan's activites especialy since his battle with Halder in recent episodes.

Avan is like that one character who tackles dangerous missions alone but still can be goofy and fun to be around with. Heh, he's an interesting character for sure.
Apr 29, 2022 6:10 PM

Dec 2020
Won't comment this episode, transition episode...

Hint : the opening is new and hides a new image. They will surely add new images as the story progress instead of doing a opening 2 v2

not a fan of the new ending

and i prefer Hyunckel 's original goodbye :

Le-ConteurApr 29, 2022 6:14 PM
Apr 29, 2022 7:37 PM
Sep 2015
Hyunckel being tsundere even before the word was popularized.

Dragon Quest is probably the pioneer of the trope "the deeper the dungeon, the stronger the monster, the higher the reward".
Apr 29, 2022 7:38 PM
Oct 2016
Avan returning to the fight changes things yet not in the obvious way. Hyunckel even through his bravado to cast everyone away for their safety did speak the truth about Avan strength. After being saved by that amulet his strength is massively depleted. Avan is not the same as we saw him before, on top of all his disciples gaining immense strength over the course of all these battles. Avan as he is now cannot keep up with their strength on top of the enemies becoming stronger. Avan does have something more to offer than just standard strength which he showed at the end. His new purification ability he obtained in the same cave Leona and the ladies went into a while back to get kaglimmer which all the disciples had to use together. Avan going when fighter into the labyrinth cave gaining this not quite spell but a technique. Granting him to open this long shit door to Vearn Palace. Hyunckel guarding their backs while everyone else presses on.
Apr 29, 2022 7:47 PM

Apr 2014
This episode was freaking nice. Hyunckel saying Avan being weak really saddens me. Hyunckel plays the role of being a jerk to buy everyone time because if they were to be flanked it be big trouble. Took on the role to buy time for everyone, Popp really is upset at this because he did the same thing. However, these monsters are a whole different level of strength, which is why Hyunckel stayed behind. Dark King Vearn does not underestimate Avan at all even if the is below him. That shows a sign that he must've been very well aware what kind of power that Avan has. Though I guess it is to be expected. Avan even explained that he is weak. The guy must've aged, and of course the same time must've took too much damage and may not be able to keep up. That is why he went to the cave of trials to amplify his spells or powers of purification. Now the new ending is nice, and I am looking forward to the next episode. Toei is doing a nice job so far.
Apr 29, 2022 7:48 PM
Apr 2021
New ending was ight…very Avan focused episodes with a lot of explanation.

Hope to see a lot more action in the next episode with the other side characters.

Popp is right tho, Hyunkel be hogging all the glory all the time lol he better not freaking die I swear he better not die. Overall another pretty chill episode.
Apr 29, 2022 7:57 PM

Feb 2019
Ok ngl Hyunckel had me annoyed at the beginning but when it was revealed that it was a bluff basically to buy the group time, I felt way better.

So my Avan nerf theory from last week ended up being correct. Had to happen in order to give Dai the shine that he deserves in his show, but it does feel weird seeing Avan reduced to the weakest member of the party.

Killvearn changed clothes, shit’s about to get very real. Can not wait for next week. Kinda saddens me knowing we’re gradually coming to the end of the series
Apr 29, 2022 8:22 PM

Sep 2018
A good transition episode, better than last week :D
I like new ED. I guess new OP will be released in ep 87 or 88 (first episode of last cour) :3
Apr 29, 2022 9:12 PM

Nov 2007
tsubasaloverApr 29, 2022 9:16 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 29, 2022 9:26 PM

Jan 2009
there it is the new power of Avan is not about learning powerful spells but rather making spells more powerful aka making spells so pure (all or nothing or black and white) to the max

Avan is the ultimate buff using support character if this is a MOBA game like DOTA and his buff abilities is about max spell amplifications

new ED is nice too

Apr 30, 2022 1:41 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
So Hyunckel return to be a cool person again with that gimmick, while also making Poppu back to the usual dumbass when he's not realizing his intention perfectly as same like what he did when facing Dai dad generals. Lol to Leona comment about that.

Avan proved to be more useful than just being stronger. But must be more careful because Killvearn won't be stopped lurking around to hunt you down....

Alright, one big gate down. Dunno what else that comes, but one thing for sure, its still a hella long way before they even meet King Vearn again. Ganbatte, watashi!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Apr 30, 2022 3:39 AM

Nov 2020
Good episode, as always love all the rpg elements. I like the new ending as much as the previous ones, with the route of the trip and being the last ending the end is near. How I'm going to miss this anime when it's over. Also good details on the op!

Wow, how many people in the Dai Tsuki tv of this week xD.
-Hyunckel-Apr 30, 2022 3:57 AM
Apr 30, 2022 8:19 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Great! So Hyunckel knew about it and just wanted to protect everyone from the raid of monster when they enter the castle, but now that Avan has been training all that time with his spells they could directly open the castle's door, now it's up to action part I believe. (Also nice new ending!)
Apr 30, 2022 9:36 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
So Hyunckel decided to stay behind because he knew his party was going to be flanked from behind when they entered Veran's palace which was smart. Meanwhile, Avan explained that he was also training in the Cave of Trials reaching the deepest part of the dungeon which happens to be a record for humans in terms of dungeon crawling(how deep is the Cave of Trials?). While he didn't obtain the ultimate purification spell, he masted the secret way of purification that amplifies purification magic.
Apr 30, 2022 10:50 AM

Oct 2010
Can I dream that characters from this group picture (from new cute ED)

will be "lighten up" one by one every episode till the end? I mean, there are 24 of them (right?).
Apr 30, 2022 11:02 AM

May 2012
I personally liked the new ending. It is better than the previous ending
Apr 30, 2022 11:08 AM

Nov 2020
Eiko_Carol said:

will be "lighten up" one by one every episode till the end? I mean, there are 24 of them (right?).

I did think the same, let's hope so! Or at least all on some point. New ending have many cool details. Your avatar is Kid from Chrono Cross? Great game!
Apr 30, 2022 11:40 AM

Oct 2010
-Hyunckel- said:
I did think the same, let's hope so! Or at least all on some point. New ending have many cool details. Your avatar is Kid from Chrono Cross? Great game!

Yeah! Oh, all at once, united after certain event, - sounds good too.
Or maybe divide everyone in groups of four (Disciples, Avan's Party, Fake Heroes Party fit the criteria) and reveal them every 6th episode. Exciting!
Yes, it is Kid! "Chrono Cross", such a divisive game, captures hearts of its fans in mysterious ways, and I'm glad it captured mine many years ago.
Apr 30, 2022 11:53 AM

Dec 2020
Eiko_Carol said:

It would be so great OMG !!
Apr 30, 2022 11:43 PM

Jun 2015
Hyunckel!!!!!!!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
May 1, 2022 6:39 AM

Oct 2008
so there might be a more powerful purification spell than Kaglimer deeper than 150th floor huh...i hope Master Avan or Popp attains it!
5/5

May 22, 2022 12:23 PM

Dec 2018
i don't think avan "got nerfed"
he simply wasn't that strong (compared to them) to begin with as he had trouble defeating hadlar, before his buffs
May 22, 2022 1:55 PM

Dec 2020
StateofOhayo said:
he simply wasn't that strong (compared to them) to begin with as he had trouble defeating hadlar, before his buffs

In the perfect book we have their level

Avan was lvl 37 vs a lvl 40 Hadlar at the begining of the adventure

in this arc Avan is between lvl 40 and 50, i bet on a lvl 45 below Hyunckel

For your information Dai is
31 against the Kigan-jou
45 against Hadlar's orichalcum guards
48 in the first battle against Hadlar's hyper demon lifeform
50 in his first battle against Vearn
55 in his final battle against Hadlar (Hadlar was 61 ! So technically superior to Dai !)

Hyunckel is 47 vs Promoted Hym
Popp is 51 vs Sigma
Maam is only 39 (because she changed job during the adventure)
Leona is only lvl 30
Baran was 51 when he died
Crocodine was 34 during the Kigan-jou (so i bet on a lvl 40ish in the final arc)

BUT don't forget Avan is superior to all characters of the show by his WITS and KNOWLEDGE of skill and combat.
Le-ConteurMay 22, 2022 2:14 PM
May 22, 2022 2:13 PM

Dec 2018
Le-Conteur said:
StateofOhayo said:

In the perfect book we have their level

Avan was lvl 37 vs a lvl 40 Hadlar at the begining of the adventure

in this arc Avan is between lvl 40 and 50, i bet on a lvl 45 below Hyunckel

For your information Dai is
31 against the Kigan-jou
45 against Hadlar's orichalcum guards
48 in the first battle against Hadlar's hyper demon lifeform
50 in his first battle against Vearn
55 in his final battle against Hadlar (Hadlar was 61 ! So technically superior to Dai !)

Hyunckel is 47 vs Promoted Hym
Popp is 51 vs Sigma
Maam is only 39 (because she changed job during the adventure)
Leona is only lvl 30
Baran was 51 when he died

BUT don't forget Avan is superior to all characters of the show by his WITS and KNOWLEDGE of skill and combat.

i absolutely agree. he is wily as all hell i really really prefer binging shows but this one had me hooked for so long. i'm not sure how i feel about avan returning. i thought his death a la majin vegeta was awesome and perfect but i can't wait to see what tricks he has in store.
Aug 13, 2022 12:29 PM

Mar 2010
Leona seems more useless now lolz but I'm sure her morale will help out.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Aug 16, 2022 6:55 AM
Oct 2019
hey New ED song....

Hyunckel such a Tsundere lol

Avan backstory training, building up episode.

More topics from this board

» NEW ANIME PROJECT CONFIRMED

SOSYBOI - Mar 11, 2023

12 by Illyricus »»
Apr 8, 6:53 AM

Poll: » Choose the best arc(s) in Dai no Daibouken!

DragonKnight92 - Oct 21, 2022

10 by Illyricus »»
Apr 8, 6:49 AM

Poll: » Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken (2020) Episode 32 Discussion

Stark700 - May 14, 2021

35 by Teirayo »»
Mar 30, 6:49 AM

Poll: » Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken (2020) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2020

132 by MonkeyDKyle »»
Mar 27, 1:04 PM

Poll: » Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken (2020) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2020

50 by Teirayo »»
Mar 27, 7:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.