Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 16, 2022 7:58 AM

Nov 2011
Amane seems like a bad boy type of character with a wealthy status but not exactly a good role model. He has potential as a character imo though.

I think having someone like Amane can make this anime more dramatic and plus, he's a foreign character that adds more diversity to the cast.
Apr 16, 2022 9:23 AM

Feb 2020
Yep, Amane is your typical rich boy. He's cocky behavior makes him an unpleasant case, but at least there was some positive character development for him at the end of the episode.

SerafosApr 16, 2022 11:15 AM
Apr 16, 2022 9:25 AM

Jul 2017
The new foreign transfer student Amane Grace definitely shows his cockiness, and that bad boy character is reflected by his jockeying style to back up, so he certainly has style going for him.

The other jockeys snitched up Shun and Amane having their own beef at night, and dressed up like the part of the instructors to evade detection and find them back. Having the people-skills Sojiro as their trick and boon is nice, and their collective efforts drew them back to their dorms, and in the same way, kicked Amane in the gut to rethink his ways.

The seeds of fire have been sown in Amane...
Apr 16, 2022 9:39 AM

Dec 2020
i fr thought that the op was from a kpop group, like something from tog or re-main. but i guess i was kinda right? since the company is half japanese half korean(?) and the korean side takes care of the production. cool stuff, song was nice but it didnt rly suit the op for me. still cool tho

amane was quite a dick but ahh we all need this type of character. love how he's shy with girls lol
Apr 16, 2022 9:49 AM

Apr 2009
This feels like it's going to fast for me, hopefully it slows down and focuses more on the bonds between the characters.

Apr 16, 2022 10:12 AM

Apr 2012
Jin_uzuki said:
This feels like it's going to fast for me, hopefully it slows down and focuses more on the bonds between the characters.

I feel like that's a problem with many anime this season, feeling like content is skipped and the story jumps far ahead, making it feel rather shallow.

It's an enjoyable, light-hearted anime ,though, so I'll keep watching.
If you haven't watched "Fantastic Children", don't talk about "best anime". Thank you.
Apr 16, 2022 1:27 PM
Jul 2018
Honestly I was thinking about dropping it after finishing the first episode as I found the introduction very "confusingly plotted", and now after finishing the recent ep the anime has become surprisingly entertaining to me. The new character "Amane Grace" was our "centre of attraction" in this recent episode. I found most of his parts dealing with "English" funny (in a good way), his correction of Instructor "Asahi's" English was hilarious. I never thought listening to english in anime could be this much fun. looking forward to the next EP.
Apr 16, 2022 1:40 PM
Sep 2015
Interesting episode, horseracing is a solo sports, but this episode situation requires a teamwork. Good job!
Apr 16, 2022 1:43 PM

May 2021
Great episode! Amane tries to act cool and better than everyone else but everytime he switches to his ENGRISH it makes me laugh xD.

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Apr 16, 2022 3:44 PM

May 2021
You can just open the doors like that? Privacy?

Well, episode wasn't bad apart from the pacing and the awkward English.

Apr 17, 2022 12:07 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Knowing Grace Amane better sounds like a big deal. Especially since he's so frustating the whole gang. But its looks like somehow Yuu manage to reached his heart that easy by challenging right to the root of his case. Stop running away anymore, Amane decided to stick together with those wimps. Well, not that everyone a wimps, but, really, you can't handle a girl? I thought you perfect, Amane...

Well, what kind of rivality those three had on the race field with the horses? I dunno, so lets see next...
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Apr 17, 2022 5:25 AM

Oct 2008
VA Hanae Natsuki's ENGRISH is improving!
4/5.

Apr 17, 2022 6:17 AM

Mar 2016
We all knew Amane would change later. He's a lancer archetype. They always change from grumpy to a friendly rival. And, when an arc is predictable, I like it when writers end it as soon as possible instead of acting like the audience can't figure out what's next. So, I liked that he became a friendly rival in just 1 episode.

Amane's Engrish. lol. It was so strong! Sounded like Vanitas speaking in Engrish. That's the thing with Hanae Natsuki—he either does a great job or he messes up. Still, it was funny how the instructor's Engrish was corrected with more Engrish. haha

When Yuu started dancing, it was adorable! And the silence that followed was perfect!

Shun and Amane were holding hands. That was also adorable!

I have seen a lot of sneak out and in episodes, but I still found this fun.

I only had one problem here: this episode said the same thing about Yuu that we were told last episode, so we didn't learn anything new about him.
Apr 17, 2022 10:17 AM

Aug 2019
Amane was extremely irritating at first, but he turned out to be quite better than I expected.

And he's not good with girls lmao. He even fainted.
Apr 18, 2022 3:36 AM
Apr 2022
yuu is so cool in this episode 3, he reflexively does that pose very funny..but what makes me like yuu is when yuu scolds amane, when everyone only comments about amane and doesn't do anything to change amane's bad behavior. Amane's anger is proof that Yuu's words are true, besides that Yuu also doesn't leave Amane. when yuu said "see you tomorrow", it was like "don't run away anymore". with just one sentence from yuu they finally understand each other. I prefer characters who try to understand other people and help them rather than characters who just look perfect. maybe in the future yuu and the others will be in a situation like amane. How do they deal with it? so impatient.. yuu kawaiiii
Apr 18, 2022 8:04 AM

May 2012
This is funny. I just finished watching Love All Play earlier and got cozy while watching Hanae Natsuki's role as Mizushima. He was this humble, timid and soft-spoken kid there. Then suddenly, I hear him voicing Amane in a cocky, arrogant but funny manner. His english is so adorable too! But wow, what a switch. I just love listening to him no matter what role!

So far everything is pretty decent in this anime so I might see how will this unfold until the end. Nothing too grand at this point but I really look forward to see more horse racing in the future!
Apr 20, 2022 2:45 AM
Sep 2021
Well, this episode is also great as the previous ones. There are problems but they dealt with it properly without getting a second one. I can't say much about this episode but, it is a good one and also I'm hoping that the next one will be great too.
Apr 21, 2022 8:04 AM

Apr 2007
I knew Amane would end up being the best boy. He's adorable and I love how the tone of his voice sometimes changes when he speaks English. Like he gets flustered and slips up and can't help switching to English lol

RioFS said:
You can just open the doors like that? Privacy?
And pointing the flashlight right in their face as they sleep. That was hilarious!
Apr 21, 2022 10:31 AM

Jul 2020
The audacity of this bitch to not only correct his teacher once, but three times when HE HIMSELF is bad at English…

other than that the episode was fine
Apr 23, 2022 6:10 PM

Mar 2010
Lmao at the english. The new character is a major douche but maybe he will get better after this episode. Pretty nice for them to have single rooms.
Aug 9, 2022 11:56 AM

Jul 2016
Nothing a handholding session between boys can't solve. Kinda funny how Amane was practically tamed as if he was some sort of troublesome horse.
Dec 10, 2022 5:50 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
boys stuff? kekeke
Feb 25, 2023 6:18 PM

Feb 2012
like amane what's his face. i think talented people should be more rude actually.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gunjou no Fanfare Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 2, 2022

50 by kirakiradeths »»
Feb 7, 2023 3:09 PM

Poll: » Gunjou no Fanfare Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2022

23 by Ranxomare »»
Dec 25, 2022 11:38 AM

Poll: » Gunjou no Fanfare Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2022

16 by Ranxomare »»
Dec 25, 2022 11:25 AM

Poll: » Gunjou no Fanfare Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2022

13 by Ranxomare »»
Dec 22, 2022 10:09 PM

Poll: » Gunjou no Fanfare Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 4, 2022

23 by Ranxomare »»
Dec 22, 2022 1:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.