Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 11, 2022 11:25 AM

May 2009
What's up with the anime this season and their pacings? Man oh man.. the pacing is FAST. It takes down the quality of the show for me. Nothing to make me drop it but boy oh boy.. do I wish they would take it down a notch.

That first ballet scene of the episode was AWESOME. Mappa is doing their best job with it again. I am SO happy that first scene was all hand drawn. My god: that was pretty to watch.

I loved Ballroom e Youkoso so this show is also hitting the marks. Still hoping for a second season of that show. But it's nice to see there are more ballet stories getting an anime adaption. I will definitely wait for the next episodes to see what happens :D
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Apr 11, 2022 11:28 AM

May 2009
-Flaky- said:
There’s no romance in the tags but theMc already likes some??? If there’s romance in this I don’t think I can watch

Not sure about MAL but on Anichart they state it's drama and romance. So I am afraid you're going to get romance from this...
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Apr 11, 2022 12:09 PM
Dec 2020
Zyukichan said:
-Flaky- said:
There’s no romance in the tags but theMc already likes some??? If there’s romance in this I don’t think I can watch

Not sure about MAL but on Anichart they state it's drama and romance. So I am afraid you're going to get romance from this...

I personally don’t have anything against romance it’s only if there’s multiple girls and if it starts getting annoying that’s when I can’t stand it
Apr 11, 2022 11:42 PM

Mar 2021
Axelucard said:
What's Gearless Joe doing here

I'm so glad I wasn't the only one who thought of this 😅😂

But yeah the show seems really good so far, the little line/detail in the eyes threw me off at first but I've seen it done before so I quickly accepted it (can't remember the other show with the same style)

Aside from the MC getting back into what he loves, I hope there's a tiny sprinkle of romance. I have the feeling there'll be a bit of drama with friends/classmates seeing/or finding out he does ballet.

Looking forward to next week
Respectfully ofc

Apr 12, 2022 2:56 AM

May 2009
I wonder if quality of animation will stay to the end
Apr 12, 2022 4:58 AM

May 2021
The episode itself felt like a drag, the way it reused the same topic with the same approachwas somehow frustrating, would have loved a less packed approach. There are some sprinkles of quality though, just wanted to see dances and we kind of got it

Apr 12, 2022 7:10 AM

Mar 2018
I was pleasently surprised by the first episode.
It was fairly entertaining and the animations were top notch too!
definetly gonna keep watching, but I still don't expect it to blow me out of the water in the coming weeks...
Apr 12, 2022 7:12 AM

Mar 2018
Gween_Gween said:
The episode itself felt like a drag, the way it reused the same topic with the same approachwas somehow frustrating, would have loved a less packed approach. There are some sprinkles of quality though, just wanted to see dances and we kind of got it

I can kind of see what you mean. Can't say I'm too bothered by it though.
Apr 12, 2022 1:37 PM

Nov 2014
This felt like a 1:1 copy of Welcome to the Ballroom, which I didn't care for. I'll watch another episode to see if it distinguishes itself at all but for right now I'm pretty disappointed. Also, if he wants to be a dancer he'd better work on those feet, just saying but his arch is shit.
Quality Queen.
Apr 12, 2022 7:04 PM

Jan 2022
I had high hopes for this one, so I'm kinda disappointed- the art style is gorgeous, but the animation is so like dead and choppy.. Which really sucks since I was expecting more from MAPPA

Other than that I enjoyed it, not too fond of Junpei though and I'm not sure how to feel about the romance direction it seems to be taking. But also the opening was great
Apr 13, 2022 10:11 AM

May 2017
I agree with some of the comments that it WAS pretty repetitive with our main guy refusing to admit to others that he DOES have an interest in ballet, like over and over again we kept seeing the same scene and response from him.

But honestly, the representation of toxic masculinity was absolutely on point. It was so depressing to see a kid be so excited about something, but then so crestfallen when his peers start to make fun of him for it. Then it just doubles down when his dad passes away and he's left with the words "become the 'man' of the house", and this little kid has to figure out what that even means! What is it to be "manly" or to be the "man" of the house? To become what we as a society view as "masculine"? We get to see this character struggle through this mindset, and because he lost his dad, his only fatherly figure he has left is his uncle who owns a judo club, so he feels like that's what he should be doing and that is the way that he will find his masculinity. But being masculine isn't important, and you can be completely "feminine" and that doesn't stop you from being a cis male who is comfortable as himself.
I thought that the director did an amazing job showing all of this very complicated thought processes, and I was really impressed by this first ep.

I really like the character models and the stylized way that they drew and coloured their eyes is really neat. Kind of "shoujo-esque", I think they're really cute.
Apr 13, 2022 4:53 PM

Jan 2021
Enjoyed the jokes in this episode, and of course the MC's passion for ballet. Seriously she flashed him and he followed her with no questions asked because he was so dazed. That girl knows her main weapon against men and she used it perfectly.
Apr 13, 2022 7:06 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Yes the necks are rather long but otherwise, best-looking anime of the season so far.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Apr 14, 2022 8:45 AM

Feb 2008
Its too bad that the animation is horrendous, so many ballet moves looks stiff and no gravitation. Take the last jump in the intro scene, the most important part of the jump is the step, if they just make him stand in a position and then just lift him two meters into the sky on a string it looks like shit. The heroines first jump is equally badly done, especially the angle.

I like the story and characters so far (even if some jokes are repeated too many times) but the animation makes me squirm and sigh a lot. Makes me miss ballroom
Apr 17, 2022 7:37 PM
Sep 2018
Feels pretty decent, it’s giving me “welcome to the ballroom” vibes and the FL’s mother is 👌😉
Apr 19, 2022 11:20 AM

Jan 2012
So glad I did not sleep on this anime <3

May 7, 2022 6:48 AM

Dec 2016
The start was kinda bland but the dance animation was beautiful.

Can't say much for this episode since they're just dealing with the common stereotypical prejudiced thing that it's uncool for men to do ballet.
May 10, 2022 10:58 PM

Jan 2020
An anime that challenges the social construct of masculinity? I'm all in. I really like this idea about a young boy who's trying to fit into a mold, but his enthusiasm and fascination with ballet slowly breaks the mold and frees the boy from these constraints. I love it already.
I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.
May 24, 2022 9:54 AM

Feb 2019
I'll be honest, I came in expecting I'd drop this by the 3rd episode. But this first episode has got me totally hooked. The dancing animations are really smooth and well-done as well. I don't have much knowledge about ballet, but maybe I'll learn some here.

And damn if Miyako wasn't cute.
Jun 29, 2022 5:22 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Wow the animation looks definitely great, I also like the art style, though I'm a fan of martial arts who dislike dance so it's a bit frustrating lmao I'm still interested to see how it will develop for the sports and the characters, seems like there will be a bit of romance as well
Aug 15, 2022 5:39 AM
Jan 2018
Had emotions and starts exciting.Тhere is intrigue in the very first episode.
Oct 6, 2022 11:53 AM
Jan 2022
Amazingly visuals and animation great episy
Dec 18, 2022 5:01 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Nice first episode, although it broke out too quickly, it has essence.

Well, he loves ballet!!! kekeke
Nov 1, 2023 12:48 AM

Oct 2013
I really don't like this line in their eyes... I hate when they do that.
Also I had a better time watching Billy Elliot.
TitadouNov 1, 2023 12:55 AM
Jan 2, 1:25 PM

Apr 2017
So far, this anime seems pretty good so far. I do love ballet as an art form, and I especially love that they're challenging the mindset of toxic masculinity.
Feb 1, 8:05 PM

Feb 2019
jumpei's in denial, wanting to appear manly when really his love is for ballet and not martial arts.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dance Dance Danseur Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jun 17, 2022

88 by Hoshi14 »»
Apr 21, 7:19 AM

Poll: » Dance Dance Danseur Episode 9 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jun 3, 2022

45 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Feb 1, 11:43 PM

Poll: » Dance Dance Danseur Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - May 27, 2022

59 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Feb 1, 11:29 PM

Poll: » Dance Dance Danseur Episode 7 Discussion

KANLen09 - May 20, 2022

33 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Feb 1, 11:10 PM

Poll: » Dance Dance Danseur Episode 6 Discussion

KANLen09 - May 13, 2022

30 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Feb 1, 10:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.