Forum Settings
Forums

'The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls: U149' Spin-off Manga Gets TV Anime

New
Apr 3, 2022 10:52 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
The second day of The IDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls 10th Anniversary M@gical Wonderland!!! tour announced a television anime adaptation of Kyowno's The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls: U149 spin-off manga on Sunday. The event also revealed an announcement promo.

CygamesPictures (Princess Connect! Re:Dive, Blade Runner: Black Out 2022) is producing the anime series. The animation studio previously produced the franchise's 10th Anniversary Celebration Animation last November.

Kyowno began drawing the spin-off manga on the Cycomics online platform in October 2016. Shogakukan released the eighth volume last April (pictured right), with the ninth and tenth volume going on sale on April 8.

Synopsis
It's time to pull back the curtain on a new Cinderella Girls story! Hardworking girls and up-and-coming producers team up to shoot for the stars and become the next big idol! Between their gorgeous outfits, electrifying performances, and distractingly handsome princes, these aspiring idols have a lot to deal with.

Announcement

Note: The video is region-locked; click here for an alternative link.

Source: Comic Natalie

The IDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls: U149 on MAL
VindstotApr 3, 2022 4:18 PM

Apr 3, 2022 10:58 AM

Feb 2020
and just when I thought i was done with the CG anime for now... wonder whether this will come before Million Live anime
Apr 3, 2022 11:47 AM

Nov 2008
This will be better than the Cinderella Girls anime as it has half of the best girls in the entire game. I just hope it's at least a half to full length anime and not be 3-5 minutes long.

Apr 3, 2022 12:15 PM

May 2015
So happy about this! Cinderella Girls is my favourite part of the iM@S franchise so any kind of new anime for it is a huge W for me. Sadly my best girl won't be in it as she's not under 14, but I look forward to seeing Yukimi (and the others, but mainly Yukimi) animated and hopefully the unvoiced girls in the manga will finally get seiyuus!

♡ artist
サコ
Apr 3, 2022 1:18 PM

Apr 2010
I am shocked. I didn't think we would ever get another Cinderella Girls anime.
Apr 3, 2022 1:49 PM
Oct 2015
Lolicon chads. We won.
Apr 3, 2022 2:00 PM

Feb 2019
Aww what a handsome little producer lmao
No watch list sig cuz "You watch anime in 3 days or 3 months! Such is the proper way!"
Apr 3, 2022 4:47 PM

Aug 2013
What!!!! No way!! Great news for us Idolmaster fans 🥲🥲
Apr 3, 2022 5:25 PM

Jul 2011
I hope this means Bandai Namco is taking the franchise to a good direction again, away from any sausage fest.

Now I shall commemorate that Nina, one of my top 5 of Cinderella Girls characters, will have more screen time.

Apr 4, 2022 4:09 AM

Feb 2019
Utter waste. I'd rather iDOLM@STER die then have to deal with you-know-what-sort-of-folk-bait shit like this.
Well I for one already loved Lain.
Apr 4, 2022 6:18 AM

Nov 2009
O_T_T said:
Utter waste. I'd rather iDOLM@STER die then have to deal with you-know-what-sort-of-folk-bait shit like this.

You're obliged to deal with this anime or the news?
Apr 4, 2022 8:24 AM
May 2017
O_T_T said:

Consider the fact that idol's may not be for you.
Apr 4, 2022 11:17 AM

Nov 2008
Hmmm, maybe i should at last become familiar with these girls and try to remember their names after appreciating so many arts of them on Pixiv.
AnimeThemes.moe <- the largest collection of anime Openings & Endings on the Web
AnimeMusicQuiz.com <- guess an anime from your list by it's Opening/Ending music browser game
Apr 5, 2022 3:32 AM

Feb 2019
Gildesh said:
O_T_T said:

You mean obligated. No, I'm not, but the relevancy of that is?

SilverShiruba said:
O_T_T said:

Consider the fact that idol's may not be for you.

If you had even once glanced at my list you'd know that I'm heavily into idols, including iDOLM@STER itself. What I'm referring to is the fact that this lot are children, and the manga in question is rather notorious for playing to the sensibilities of paedophiles.
Apr 5, 2022 5:44 AM

Nov 2009
O_T_T said:
Gildesh said:

That. And my point was that people are free to not go around shitting on shows, viewers and fans of something they don't like. You don't "have to deal with" anything here.
Also, going by your logic, what does watching all those 14-17 year old (and younger) girls in your anime make you then?
GildeshApr 5, 2022 5:59 AM
Apr 7, 2022 2:37 AM

Feb 2019
Gildesh said:
O_T_T said:

That. And my point was that people are free to not go around shitting on shows, viewers and fans of something they don't like. You don't "have to deal with" anything here.
Also, going by your logic, what does watching all those 14-17 year old (and younger) girls in your anime make you then?

If I'm free to not go around shitting on shows, then I am also free to go around shitting on shows. Perhaps you simply don't understand the context of my original comment, but in any case, your addition is redundant.

I don't understand what the latter part of your comment is, since my point is specifically about not wanting to watch stuff with noticeably younger characters. You appear to have got mixed up somewhere.
Apr 7, 2022 3:01 AM

Nov 2009
O_T_T said:
Gildesh said:

If I'm free to not go around shitting on shows, then I am also free to go around shitting on shows. Perhaps you simply don't understand the context of my original comment, but in any case, your addition is redundant.

I don't understand what the latter part of your comment is, since my point is specifically about not wanting to watch stuff with noticeably younger characters. You appear to have got mixed up somewhere.

Whoosh.
TL;DR Don't be toxic. You're not free to accuse people of being pedos for watching cute shit, and you watch <18 characters in anime yourself.
Also, 5. https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=516093
Apr 7, 2022 3:29 AM

Feb 2019

What is this even mean to mean? If you're trying to imply I'm missing some joke, then that only shows you misjudged the tone of conversation.

TL;DR Don't be toxic.

Define toxic and explain why.

You're not free to accuse people of being pedos for watching cute shit,

Why not? And can you demonstrate that this is in fact "cute shit," as well as ascertain that everyone interested in this spinoff is there for the "cute shit?"

and you watch <18 characters in anime yourself.

Yes? Are you suggesting that seeing children in some show or other somehow means you can't not want them sexualised elsewhere?

Rule 5 is about creating threads, and for a different board. It says nothing about bringing it up when relevant. And the fact you feel you wish to lean on the rule demonstrates that it is indeed relevant. And if we want to be really pedantic, it was you who brought up paedophilia directly, I kept it coy.
O_T_TApr 7, 2022 3:33 AM
Apr 7, 2022 3:36 AM

Nov 2009
O_T_T said:

What is this even mean to mean? If you're trying to imply I'm missing some joke, then that only shows you misjudged the tone of conversation.

TL;DR Don't be toxic.

Why not? And can you demonstrate that this is in fact "cute shit," as well as ascertain that everyone interested in this spinoff is there for the "cute shit?"

Yes? Are you suggesting that seeing children in some show or other somehow means you can't not want them sexualised elsewhere?

Rule 5 is about creating threads, and for a different board. It says nothing about bringing it up when relevant. And the fact you feel you wish to lean on the rule demonstrates that it is indeed relevant. And if we want to be really pedantic, it was you who brought up paedophilia directly, I kept it coy.

You're hopeless.
Apr 7, 2022 3:38 AM

Feb 2019
Gildesh said:
O_T_T said:

You're hopeless.

For pointing out genuine points of contention within your vitriol? Really? That doesn't fit together too well. Justify your insult.
Oct 1, 2022 2:34 AM

Mar 2018
O_T_T said:

TL;DR Don't be toxic.

U149 doesn't have any sexualization, what are you talking about? Regardless of your view on lolis you could at least give it a try. And if you still don't like it, attack the show, not the fans.
Oct 3, 2022 3:09 AM

Feb 2019
Vogel100 said:
U149 doesn't have any sexualization, what are you talking about?

I never brought up sexualisation. Though it's thankful there is none, that was never the issue here.

Regardless of your view on lolis you could at least give it a try.

Why should I do that? Is me giving it a shot going to change the fact it has children in it?

And if you still don't like it, attack the show, not the fans.

Again, why? Do you not wish to be associated with the show - which rather aids my point?
Oct 3, 2022 4:03 AM

Mar 2018
O_T_T said:
Vogel100 said:
U149 doesn't have any sexualization, what are you talking about?

I never brought up sexualisation. Though it's thankful there is none, that was never the issue here.

You brought it up.

Are you suggesting that seeing children in some show or other somehow means you can't not want them sexualised elsewhere?

I don't understand how this quote relates to the discussion about this show then.

Regardless of your view on lolis you could at least give it a try.

Why should I do that? Is me giving it a shot going to change the fact it has children in it?

So you have a thing against child characters in general? Because it will have those yes. You should give it a shot because it's a great manga so it will likely be a great show, much better than the original Imas CG anime for sure. Now is the time to get hyped instead of judging something without even knowing what it's like.

And if you still don't like it, attack the show, not the fans.

Again, why? Do you not wish to be associated with the show - which rather aids my point?

Because attacking fans of a show you don't like is silly, you don't actually know those people after all. Not watching a show because of the fans is similarly silly. Not related to me or this show specifically.
Oct 3, 2022 7:09 AM

Feb 2019
Vogel100 said:
You brought it up.

Are you suggesting that seeing children in some show or other somehow means you can't not want them sexualised elsewhere?

I don't understand how this quote relates to the discussion about this show then.

Ok, fair enough, I missed that on returning to this thread. You have necro'd something from April, in case you haven't noticed.

So, returning to my original stance, you can move on to justifying your claim of it, as will be needed two below.

So you have a thing against child characters in general? Because it will have those yes.

Then that's settled, I'm not going to bother. As I said, right at the start. So you've provided nothing.

You should give it a shot because it's a great manga so it will likely be a great show, much better than the original Imas CG anime for sure.

Justify. I doubt this claim in its entirety.

Now is the time to get hyped instead of judging something without even knowing what it's like.

But I know what it's like. Not only has information been directly presented to me in this news article, I've already established that I'm familiar with iDOLM@STER as a franchise earlier. So it sounds to me like you're assuming I don't know about it because that's the most convenient scenario for you.

And more to the point, how is it that it is correct to be "hyped" for the show, but not to be dismissive of it? A positive view of this or any other subject is not inherently the correct one.

Because attacking fans of a show you don't like is silly, you don't actually know those people after all.

Continue, why is it silly and why should "knowing" them be relevant?

I'll also point out that framing a negative view of a show and/or audience as "attacking" is an attempt to reframe the situation as being in truth down to an ulterior motive, which lets you avoid the actual issue.

Not watching a show because of the fans is similarly silly. Not related to me or this show specifically.

Provably false. Media is created and marketed to an audience that fits it. If a manga sells itself on a particular concept, that means it expects to attract those to whom that specific concept matters. Hence, an audience demonstrates the content of a work.

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Oniichan wa Oshimai!' Gets TV Anime

Vindstot - Apr 21, 2022

44 by Lenoksu »»
4 hours ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - 10 hours ago

4 by yamiyugi101 »»
5 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

3 by ToyaMochizuki »»
8 hours ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

16 by Jonas-K »»
9 hours ago

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/18]

Snow - Apr 5

28 by infanf »»
9 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.