Forum Settings
Forums

'Soredemo Ayumu wa Yosetekuru' Announces Supporting Cast Pair

New
Mar 26, 2022 1:04 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
The Pony Canyon booth at AnimeJapan 2022 announced two supporting cast members for the Soredemo Ayumu wa Yosetekuru (When Will Ayumu Make His Move?) anime series on Saturday. The television anime adaptation of Souichirou Yamamoto's romantic comedy manga is scheduled to premiere on TBS and other stations in July 2022.

Voice actresses Haruna Mikawa (Assault Lily: Bouquet, Slow Loop) and Kana Hanazawa (Yesterday wo Utatte, Senryuu Shoujo) are joining the cast as Rin Kagawa and Maki, respectively.

Mirai Minato (Masamune-kun no Revenge) is helming the anime at Silver Link., with Deko Akao (Hitomi Mieno) (Hige wo Soru. Soshite Joshikousei wo Hirou.) in handling the series composition. Kazuya Hirata (Imouto sae Ireba Ii.) is designing the characters.

Yamamoto originally posted the manga on his Twitter account as Shougi no Yatsu in April 2018. Weekly Shounen Magazine began serialized the manga in March 2019. Kodansha released the tenth volume on January 17.

Kodansha US licensed the manga in English last March and published the fourth volume on March 8.

Source: PR Times

Mar 26, 2022 2:29 PM

Sep 2011
I'm assuming the anime is going to pretty understandably skip over alot of the series to get to the more structured later parts, alot of it is cozy but I also get jumping through all the 1 off two people in a room goofing off stuff to get to the much wider side cast. I imagine it will make Rin feel alot less intrusive initially too, she came in seemingly so late she literally ended up being a 3rd wheel and it took some time to get used to it.

I think getting to the side cast in this is also a smart move just cause I'd expect people to just say this series is takagi with a female nishikata, but the side cast really ends up changing up the feel alot more form that.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Mar 26, 2022 6:36 PM

Apr 2012
JizzyHitler said:
I'm assuming the anime is going to pretty understandably skip over alot of the series to get to the more structured later parts, alot of it is cozy but I also get jumping through all the 1 off two people in a room goofing off stuff to get to the much wider side cast. I imagine it will make Rin feel alot less intrusive initially too, she came in seemingly so late she literally ended up being a 3rd wheel and it took some time to get used to it.

I think getting to the side cast in this is also a smart move just cause I'd expect people to just say this series is takagi with a female nishikata, but the side cast really ends up changing up the feel alot more form that.

Is this work basically just a gender bender version of Takagi-san?
Mar 27, 2022 4:34 AM

Sep 2011
RobertBobert said:
JizzyHitler said:

No but the main character just similar to Nishikata and drastically overthinks things but even then theres still a fair amount to differentiate her from nishikata, I just expect the comparison to get thrown around a bit. The actual dynamic between the 2 leads is completely different outside of that especially as it goes on.

I guess the good way of putting it, is Takagi is kind of structured like a gag manga, everything is disconnected 1 off chapters for the most part, Soredemo starts like that but kind of turns into more just a regular slice of life with some very small but nice bits of character development and status quo changes.
JizzyHitlerMar 27, 2022 4:40 AM

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Mar 27, 2022 4:36 AM

Apr 2012
JizzyHitler said:
RobertBobert said:

No but the main character just similar to Nishikata and drastically overthinks things, but the actual dynamic between the 2 leads is completely different outside of that especially as it goes on.

Well, I hope this gets rid of some of Takagi's problems like the repetitive formula.
Mar 27, 2022 4:50 AM

Sep 2011
RobertBobert said:
JizzyHitler said:
No but the main character just similar to Nishikata and drastically overthinks things, but the actual dynamic between the 2 leads is completely different outside of that especially as it goes on.

Well, I hope this gets rid of some of Takagi's problems like the repetitive formula.
Well speaking as someone that stopped reading Takagi a while ago cause it just felt repetitive but kept up with soredemo pretty much every chapter drop, yeah I think it does. Soredemo greatly benefits from treating its romance aspect a bit more seriously than takagi where its borderline just set dressing, I mean for starters theres actually a side pair that gets increasingly more focus that has a dynamic that honestly could of just been its own series.

don't go expecting rapid changes or anything, this is still a super light series but there is more going on here, its always felt to me like this is the series Yamamoto cared more about tbh especially cause overwhelmingly he draws extra art for this one on his twitter compared to his other 2, I think every chapter for the past like 60 or so has had a color drawing done for it specifically of that chapter whereas takagi and the ninja girl series only gets one here and there
JizzyHitlerMar 27, 2022 4:54 AM

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Mar 27, 2022 4:58 AM

Apr 2012
JizzyHitler said:
RobertBobert said:

Well speaking as someone that stopped reading Takagi a while ago cause it just felt repetitive but kept up with soredemo pretty much every chapter drop, yeah I think it does. Soredemo greatly benefits from treating its romance aspect a bit more seriously than takagi where its borderline just set dressing, I mean for starters theres actually a side pair that gets increasingly more focus that has a dynamic that honestly could of just been its own series.

don't go expecting rapid changes or anything, this is still a super light series but there is more going on here, its always felt to me like this is the series Yamamoto cared more about tbh especially cause overwhelmingly he draws extra art for this one on his twitter compared to his other 2, I think every chapter for the past like 60 or so has had a color drawing done for it specifically of that chapter whereas takagi and the ninja girl series only gets one here and there

Well, my main complaint about Takagi was that the formula often ruined the overall enjoyment of the show too much and that the romance was too romantic. I mean, the characters were too oddly ignorant of their attraction, while every interaction they had literally shone with romantic tropes.
Mar 27, 2022 5:03 AM

Sep 2011
RobertBobert said:
JizzyHitler said:

Well, my main complaint about Takagi was that the formula often ruined the overall enjoyment of the show too much and that the romance was too romantic. I mean, the characters were too oddly ignorant of their attraction, while every interaction they had literally shone with romantic tropes.

not really a spoiler but just for the sake of it, the difference with Soredemo is

Theres more to it than that but thats just the most basic rundown of their dynamic, I dont think its anything like takagi other than both having easily flustered protagonists.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Mar 27, 2022 5:10 AM

Apr 2012
JizzyHitler said:
RobertBobert said:

not really a spoiler but just for the sake of it, the difference with Soredemo is

Theres more to it than that but thats just the most basic rundown of their dynamic, I dont think its anything like takagi other than both having easily flustered protagonists.

Sounds like a mix of lowkey Love is War and March Lion.
Mar 27, 2022 5:45 AM

Sep 2011
RobertBobert said:
JizzyHitler said:

Sounds like a mix of lowkey Love is War and March Lion.
Don't go in expecting that much, its very much still a very down to earth series.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Mar 27, 2022 7:49 AM

Sep 2017
For a sec, I thought this was a spin-off of Takagi-san.
~ May all the beauty be blessed ~
Mar 27, 2022 8:46 AM

Apr 2012
Ra1byou said:
For a sec, I thought this was a spin-off of Takagi-san.

As far as I remember, his works take place in the same universe or something like that.

More topics from this board

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - 9 minutes ago

1 by deg »»
7 minutes ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

15 by Andromeda »»
2 hours ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

8 by AddaeAkono »»
2 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 24

5 by Kushna »»
Yesterday, 5:34 PM

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

17 by animegamer245 »»
Yesterday, 4:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.