Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sabikui Bisco (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Mar 8, 2022 3:29 AM

Aug 2020
Damn, I didn't think he would actually die. I mean it was completely reasonable because the dude was basically on his last legs, but like it's anime. Anyway, it'll be interesting to see where they go from here.

γ€Œ 𝕂𝕖π•ͺ π•₯𝕙𝕒π•₯ π•™π•šπ••π•–π•€ π•₯𝕙𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕔𝕖𝕀 𝕠𝕗 π••π•’π•£π•œπ•Ÿπ•–π•€π•€, 𝕀𝕙𝕠𝕨 π•žπ•– π•ͺ𝕠𝕦𝕣 π•₯𝕣𝕦𝕖 π•—π• π•£π•ž 」

Mar 8, 2022 3:36 AM
May 2021
phantomfandom said:
Milo is just too kind, he want Bisco to go out with Pawoo because he knows that Bisco is a very good guy and he think his sister deserve to be with such a guy like Bisco even though it's Milo that want Bisco much much more, but he's not gonna say that out loud, not until the very end of Bisco's life, yes, I Love You is used in the most perfect spot, even if it's too cruel. I really hope this can be concluded as romantic feeling and not "a strong soulmate feeling that transcendence the relationship as we know" bullshit. Gay is just a 3-letter word but why it's so hard for people to say it.

But what'll happen in the future? Since this show has "Bisco" in its name, I predict 2 outcomes.
1. Bisco is alive (best outcome for me), maybe Kurokawa is alive too, after all, Terminator franchise doesn't end at Terminator 2 with the classic "I'll be back" ending.
2. Bisco died and Milo assume the name of Bisco, continuing Bisco legendary journey.

it's called platonic love you can love another guy like a brother and not be gay lol
Mar 8, 2022 3:51 AM
Oct 2019
Farewell Tsuda Kenjiro, Amazing performance for the last time...

lmao i can't believe Bisco made "I'll be back" Terminator Reference at that scene wtf

No way, you can't kill Akaboshi Bisco like that... 😭
Where is the Protagonist Plot Armor???
Hey wtf bro.
davidyodo24Mar 8, 2022 9:09 PM
Mar 8, 2022 4:33 AM

Aug 2017
Daily reminder lava can't kill you instantly only arrow can. Is he really dead? It wasn't impactful at all. Looks like the final episode but looks like it isn't over yet.
NurguburuMar 8, 2022 4:36 AM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 8, 2022 5:21 AM

Sep 2021
PurpleMagic said:
And as soon as he did that they where down in the lava. (also realistically lava is to hot to even get near as you would be cooked alive by the heat)
Nurguburu said:
Daily reminder lava can't kill you instantly only arrow can. Is he really dead? It wasn't impactful at all. Looks like the final episode but looks like it isn't over yet.
lava and liquidified rust are two different things. sure it looked hot as hell and probably is but anime logic exists too
hgwnejmp.ädqwsd
Mar 8, 2022 5:26 AM
Apr 2021
Hello, does anyone here know where can I find that somber/sad tune/song playing during nearly any sad event in this series? For example in this episode it was playing near the end during Milo’s and Bisco’s dialogue… thanks, I can’t seem to find it anywhere, been trying to find it since ep. 1
Mar 8, 2022 7:20 AM

Jan 2021
merlin2v said:
PurpleMagic said:
Seeing people say that "Bisco was going to die anyway might as well do it in style" makes me cringe. I felt nothing when Bisco died, his death was boring and dragged out. Bisco's death would have mattered more if he died from the rust itself. Rust the disease that he himself was trying to cure in order to save his mentor and reclaim the righteous name of the mushroom keepers. Rust the number 1 killer in this new world finally killed this brash caring hero. When Milo found Bisco at that moment where his fingers rusted off, your damm sure Milo would have poured his soul into saving Bisco. Milo doesn't give up easily, we've seen this in the episode with the giant crab. Milo's kindness and determination are core parts of his personality. Milo shouldn't have shot Bisco from a distance but have Bisco die in his arms, surrounded by a person that loves him. I don't know if Bisco could have survived; probably not but dude should have gotten to die by his friends side and not the governors.

Well technically he was dying from the rust. Though I agree that Milo's reaction did seem off. However, given the situation of Bisco sinking in lava and that Bisco already lost his arm because it was all rust(how do you even move at this point?) is probably why he didn't try jumping in to save him. The most he could have done is shoot a mushroom to try to pop him back up but who even knows if he would survive the impact and not shatter into pieces.
Also Milo is a doctor so he probably could tell that Bisco wouldn't last much longer. He also only just entered into the scene to just save Bisco in the nick of time with a bow. And as soon as he did that they where down in the lava. (also realistically lava is to hot to even get near as you would be cooked alive by the heat)

Honestly, I would also have to disagree with him being dead. At least completely. There was just to many hints of him "crawling out of hell" and stuff like that combined with the fact he is in the tittle and that the series still has 3 episodes left. Usually it's just one or two "I will live on in you" and then they die.

I don't think it's likely he is dead but I know better than to get my hopes up that a character is still alive. (Shinsekai yori, From the New World got me there). I can see a couple of ways he may be still existing. The most likely of them is unlikely to last to long, though.

Yeah I also don't think he's dead, dead. The whole tone of his "death" just feels off. If this is his fake out death, it just could have been executed a whole lot better.
Mar 8, 2022 7:23 AM

Jan 2021
arcast said:
PurpleMagic said:
And as soon as he did that they where down in the lava. (also realistically lava is to hot to even get near as you would be cooked alive by the heat)
Nurguburu said:
lava and liquidified rust are two different things. sure it looked hot as hell and probably is but anime logic exists too

The flames surrounding Bisco reminded my of those old stock fire gifs, people would use as a joke. IDK why maybe cause his "death" seemed so corny.
Mar 8, 2022 7:26 AM

Jun 2016
MF !! why they killed the COOL MC !!

and i hate that fcking gay shit word !!
Mar 8, 2022 7:42 AM
Jul 2018
Pretty weird episode. Animation was clean as fuck but kinda seems like Bisco died for no reason…
Mar 8, 2022 8:21 AM
Jan 2022

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
KarinaraMar 8, 2022 10:06 AM
Mar 8, 2022 8:30 AM

Aug 2018
This episode was intense. Geez, I seriously wasn't expecting something like this.
God, I can't even describe how intense it was.
I'm kinda apprehensive about the ending, wanna see how will it be developed from now on.

I walk barefoot even though it's painful
Because I want to be sure you notice my footprints
Mar 8, 2022 8:56 AM

Aug 2018
Didn't know which one between Bisco or Milo would die first, since episode 8 kinda teased a dying (but not so dying) Milo. Turns it was Bisco who met Death first, alongside Kurokawa who... well he died but it wasn't particularly satisfying or enjoyable to watch, as the Sea of Rust didn't really seem to make him suffer at the end.
Mar 8, 2022 10:03 AM

Jan 2012
Story itself is not too bad for a shonen that tries to look like it's a seinen. The sad thing is that last few eps were really bad in terms of animation and directing. Well, it's not like Sabikui Bisco had a great directing to begin with but at least it had it's own cool style. It's funny that a lot of people hyped for the studio with great staff behind it but in the end the only well-made episodes were the first two or three.

Gotta say though it's not like I was watching the show for a great animation. I'm actually always fine with average productions as long as the story is good, but it's really hard to tolerate poor director's job. The whole Bisco fight was of some Index3 fighting scenes level which is obviously borderline unwatchable.

As for Bisco's death, while a bit lame, it's ok. Still have to admit, that it's hard to believe that Sabikui Bisco will be any good without him. I've already lowered my rating from 8 to 7 few eps back and looking at it now, I'm interested whether it will drop lower.
trampler8324Mar 8, 2022 2:06 PM
Mar 8, 2022 10:37 AM

May 2018
Oh god! NO!! If Bisco is dead, this is not even worth watching for me.

"Are you intoxicated, or just insane?"
Mar 8, 2022 11:04 AM

Sep 2013
this anime deserved a better main antagonist,him and the overall main plot could have been much better but you gotta put it all in 12 eps...

but heh atleast the road trip arc was very memorable,now that Bisko chad is gone the last three episodes might be pretty boring but we'll see...
Deep dark fantasies
Mar 8, 2022 11:17 AM
Dec 2021
Eya I'm not feeling sad for him dude had so many chances of killing him yet let him go again and again until the very end also....is this thing GayπŸ€”πŸ€”
Mar 8, 2022 11:55 AM

Jul 2014
Loved the Terminator reference LOL
Mar 8, 2022 12:40 PM
Sep 2020
Can't believe I correctly gaydar'd Milo, a SHONEN protagonist
Proud of myself
Mar 8, 2022 12:58 PM
Apr 2012
They could've easily killed Kurokawa last episode, so I'm not too fond of this conclusion.
Mar 8, 2022 3:12 PM

May 2021
How can something so simple feel so disjointed. The episode had a clear thread about Bisco final growth towards Milo and the grampa, but it felt like different parts put together with no sense of tension. The fight against Kurokawa was too anti-climatic and it just work as some kind of shock, the dramatic aspect didnt hit at all and they were clearly going for it, my only hope is that this wasnt suppose to be an important climax and that the sacrifice let something better at the future. The problem? I'm 100% sure that we are going to get motivational phrases from Milo about this, and they will be corny as fuck

Mar 8, 2022 6:43 PM
Jan 2021
arcast said:
PurpleMagic said:
Nurguburu said:
lava and liquefied rust are two different things. sure it looked hot as hell and probably is but anime logic exists too

Your correct it is not technically lava given the definition of lava. I was mostly referring to the fact that people who fall into a pit off molten metal have never been known to survive. For some perspective: Molten lava's melting point is 700-1200°C whereas iron is 1535°C which is close to iron (iii) oxide(Rust) which has a melting point of 1565°C. So, molten metal is often even hotter than lava.
Even if you manage to pull someone out, they will still die.

There is definitely some anime logic going on. You would sink much faster.
Mar 8, 2022 7:58 PM

Apr 2008
This has been complete nonsense bullshit for a few episodes now. There's still value in the show being cool and crazy thanks to the wild aesthetic, so it can survive this, but there's no way for it to have an emotional impact at this point. I suppose this is at least more memorable than mini adventures in the desert, but it's not very good.
Mar 8, 2022 8:20 PM
Aug 2020
im so sad right now
Mar 8, 2022 8:28 PM
Sep 2008
Some events on this episode felt so out of place
Mar 8, 2022 11:38 PM

Jan 2014
It's the gay we all wanted but not the gay we deserved...
Mar 9, 2022 12:18 AM
Sep 2021
RIP Bisco I don't think he should die.
And the way he died was somehow more ridiculous than sad and emotional.
The bond between Bisco and Jabi is very strong, and so is Bisco and Milo.
Mar 9, 2022 2:37 AM

Nov 2015
Veromaye said:
emredesu said:
The last words from Milo made me think, can "aishiteru" be used for expressions other than romantic stuff?

yes it can be non romantic

So is it not romantic here? I don't wanna believe that Milo really loves Bisco
Mar 9, 2022 4:24 AM
Dec 2016
HikarieChan said:
Veromaye said:

yes it can be non romantic

Aishteru is the most personal form to say "I love you" , so yes Milo loves Bisco in a romantic form

More info of forms to say "I love you":

https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-diference-between-daisuki-aishiteru-and-koishiteru-Is-there-any-Japanese-movie-or-anime-that-included-that-3-words

Why are you so against about a man loving a man???
PrissmaMar 9, 2022 4:37 AM
Mar 9, 2022 6:16 AM

Oct 2009
Prissmbell said:
HikarieChan said:

Aishteru is the most personal form to say "I love you" , so yes Milo loves Bisco in a romantic form

https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-diference-between-daisuki-aishiteru-and-koishiteru-Is-there-any-Japanese-movie-or-anime-that-included-that-3-words

That's not completely correct. for example in One Piece there's a character that say's that to a little boy that he most definitely didn't like romantically.
Osugi_Mar 9, 2022 6:23 AM
Mar 9, 2022 7:18 AM

Dec 2020
THAT'S FUCKED UPPPP. SHUT UPLPPL OH MY GOD

when i saw that opening scene i know it was a dream and said "no way thats real, at least one of them gonna die and its prob gonna be jabi lolπŸ€ͺ" But its actually..πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€ lmfao..............

this pussy ass man called bisco bro WE GET ITTT YOU'RE THE PROTAGONIST.. YOU'RE COOL AS HELL BUT CAN YOU PLEASEEEEE NOT DIE NOW...

kurokawa trembling n shit from everything was great tho. this ep peaked. amazing, truly.

STILL ISTFG IF BISCO ACTUALLY DIES......?? i cant keep watching these 3 last eps with him being a "always be in our hearts" kinda thing bro😭 idfc if he somehow lives bc he's got important mushroom keeper blood or something, IDFC if its an asspull please just let him live come on y'all.........
Mar 9, 2022 8:11 AM

Aug 2020
And now I am starting to consider whether I should continue this .....
How is this anime still gonna be the same without bisco ? Milo really hasn't grown on me as a character , and I don't know if I could stand watching him be the mc .
But the animation direction was superb in this , with incredibly strong drawings and composition work . So maybe it's worth continuing just for that .....
Mar 9, 2022 9:16 AM

Jul 2020
Oh. My. God.
The fucking disrespect- this episode made me so viscerally angry- the plot went to shit, te fucking no homo moment at the start with the "date my sister" stuff AND THEN HE FUCKING DIES AFTER THE "i love you"??? i have no faith left in humanity.
Absolute trainwreck of an episode... and i thought last one was disappointing...
Mar 9, 2022 9:19 AM
Feb 2016
In memories of Akaboshi Bisco...you will be missed. RIP πŸ™πŸ₯²
Mar 9, 2022 11:13 AM

Jun 2017
Seeing Bisco dying was a sad moment but it was predictable, because we had a death flag but what are they planning with Bisco's death and why did Milo confess his love to Bisco? I'm not very sure, that Bisco would be such a great influence to like Kamina to Simon in TTGL. We have 3 episodes remaining but this show goes nowhere and it's already repititive, it had its potential but turned out to be a disappointment.
If you have time to think of a beautiful end, then live beautifully until the end.
” -Gintoki Sakata
Mar 9, 2022 11:16 AM

Apr 2015
Prissmbell said:
HikarieChan said:

It can also be used to express fondness to friends and family. I'm not against anyone, is just that it makes way more sense that Milo said that he loves him specially at that moment where Bisco was about to die. Not EVERYTHING has to be romantic.

If Milo said 'I like you' (suki desu) it wouldn't be as impactful considering the situation.

Also the person who you replied didn't said anything about being against it, they just said they don't want to believe it, maybe for a bunch of other valid reasons rather than 'they're homophobic'.. Just saying.
VeromayeMar 9, 2022 12:09 PM
Mar 9, 2022 12:28 PM
May 2016
Bruh,why so many people believe that Bisco is really die?

this anime title is literally "Sabikui BISCO"
Mar 9, 2022 1:19 PM
May 2017
Is "Aishiteru" something friends say about each other under any circumstances? That's like a strong romantic love I've heard.
Mar 9, 2022 2:01 PM
Dec 2016
Veromaye said:
Prissmbell said:

It can also be used to express fondness to friends and family. I'm not against anyone, is just that it makes way more sense that Milo said that he loves him specially at that moment where Bisco was about to die. Not EVERYTHING has to be romantic.

If Milo said 'I like you' (suki desu) it wouldn't be as impactful considering the situation.

Also the person who you replied didn't said anything about being against it, they just said they don't want to believe it, maybe for a bunch of other valid reasons rather than 'they're homophobic'.. Just saying.

About "aishiteru" you can be right, it can be use for a really deep family bond, but in that context I don't think will be the case. And if the idea were just say that he likes him like a really good friend, he could say "Daisuki"

But, believe me, if Milo were a girl nobody here would doubt that the "aishiteru" was in a romantic form, just saying
PrissmaMar 9, 2022 2:06 PM
Mar 9, 2022 2:10 PM

Sep 2018
merlin2v said:
arcast said:
lava and liquefied rust are two different things. sure it looked hot as hell and probably is but anime logic exists too

Your correct it is not technically lava given the definition of lava. I was mostly referring to the fact that people who fall into a pit off molten metal have never been known to survive. For some perspective: Molten lava's melting point is 700-1200°C whereas iron is 1535°C which is close to iron (iii) oxide(Rust) which has a melting point of 1565°C. So, molten metal is often even hotter than lava.
Even if you manage to pull someone out, they will still die.

There is definitely some anime logic going on. You would sink much faster.

You wouldn't sink at all.

You would however be vaporized.

It hardly matters though, this show has been "beyond dumb" from the first episode.

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Mar 9, 2022 3:55 PM

Dec 2020
the straights have been especially hard hit this episode.
doilyMar 9, 2022 4:33 PM
Mar 9, 2022 4:13 PM

Nov 2015
I don't like to overreact, but that was probably the worst death of an important character that I've seen in anime since a long time.
Mar 9, 2022 5:27 PM

Apr 2015
Prissma said:
Veromaye said:

About "aishiteru" you can be right, it can be use for a really deep family bond, but in that context I don't think will be the case. And if the idea were just say that he likes him like a really good friend, he could say "Daisuki"

But, believe me, if Milo were a girl nobody here would doubt that the "aishiteru" was in a romantic form, just saying

Ok but people are also ignoring the fact that when Milo went to sleep, Bisco made a monologue about how he saw him as his children and how now he understood Jabi. How weird would it be that Bisco seeing Milo as his children, this one would have a sudden confession of ROMANTIC love. No, they see each other as friends, family. They both basically GREW together since Milo NEVER experienced a life outside the walls and Bisco never experienced growing with someone outside Jabi who was his dad-mentor.

And to be honest, the problem wouldn't be if it's a real love confession, the problem would be how TERRIBLE was made if that's the case. But it isn't.
VeromayeMar 9, 2022 5:45 PM
Mar 9, 2022 7:46 PM

Sep 2018
Bisco is the MC!!!! Where his plot armor??!!!!! T______T is this for real?? I don't mind if he revive.
Mar 10, 2022 12:51 AM
Apr 2021
It was 7.48 when started, now it is 7.45.
I noticed from the very beginning that this anime is boring haha.
Mar 10, 2022 11:04 AM

Jan 2014
Ok, this was by far the worst episode yet. Like previous was bad too but this was just too bad. Like I didn't get why they did not kill the BBEG when they could (last ep) and now the fight was just bad. Like how the hell was he sinking into that hot iron so long, I am not even gonna talk about the headshot that somehow didn't kill him. And speaking of the death scene ... I just could not care less for him, like he is just too likely to somehow return like we had Milo dying just at the end of the last episode and I still don't know how he survived. Oh, wait that's right plot armor how could I forget.
Mar 10, 2022 8:28 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
I agree that Bisco had many chances to kill Kurokawa (especially in the last episode), but I still felt bad about his body turning into rust and just falling off :( I also shed a few tears because of the familial relationship between Bisco and Milo.

That being said, I thought it was suspicious that they showed the rust generator mech thing in the background when Bisco was shot with the arrow and fell backwards into the lava. And then that preview
Mar 10, 2022 9:27 PM

Aug 2021
How could they? Noone saw that coming.
Mar 10, 2022 11:17 PM

Oct 2008
omg! absolutely intense episode!
so AkabosH kicked the bucket bites the rust dust huh...
5/5!

Mar 11, 2022 1:08 AM

Dec 2008
When I thought that Milo was dead and the poster boy sacrifices himself ... Damn.

that was the worst performance of Bisco this time, the final fight was totally broken with his fingers rusting away and a shot in the eye *ouch*.
Milo's sister never had a problem with broken bodyparts.

"won't you say something cool like I'll be back" XD

I don't think it was necessary that Bisco stayed in the rust soup until the end,
it's really unfortunate to see him erased from the cast now.

I had high hopes for this anime but it was not so good after the first few episodes anymore.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sabikui Bisco Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2022

85 by Yasminaa »»
Apr 11, 9:08 AM

Poll: » Sabikui Bisco Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Softhenic03 - Mar 28, 2022

141 by Talamare »»
Jan 14, 2:44 AM

Poll: » Sabikui Bisco Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2022

101 by Talamare »»
Jan 13, 6:23 AM

Poll: » Sabikui Bisco Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

MadanielFL - Mar 21, 2022

116 by yezzy-Unofficial »»
Jan 8, 12:14 AM

Poll: » Sabikui Bisco Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2022

69 by yezzy-Unofficial »»
Jan 7, 9:56 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.