Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 28, 2022 5:58 AM

Nov 2011
That weird obsession with chaos this episode is kinda creepy.

Gotta say, the Ota Tribe is playing pretty dirty with cheating. It lookslike they screwed with Judge Robot's system to prevent penalities on their side. The Ota Tribe is the worst of the worst in this show imo, for their tactics.
Feb 28, 2022 6:18 AM
Jul 2018
Bruh this many episodes and the BGM is still badly mixed. I hope they fix it.
Feb 28, 2022 6:28 AM

Jun 2021
Okay, so the Ota Tribe are just a bunch of chaotic wahooos who don't even know how to play. I laughed when I saw that 100 to nil scoreboard. I kinda like the girl tho, she's that kind of weird cute. Also we got to see Daimon go angry mode, which is pretty cool. Also, Taiga's back! Would like to see a short training montage of his next week to see how strong he is. He looks ready to play!

Right, so about 95% of my theory from a few weeks ago concerning Kazuki was wrong:

I said he was Kamiya's brother. He's Ojiro's brother through adoption, apparently
I said he was Kamiya is disguise, either alive to play tricks or resurrected for evil, that was wrong.
However, I did say his overall mission might be to bring the royal family down. But only because they cast him out for whatever reason and he wants simple revenge, and he's just using Minato Tribe as a means to an end.

God, I really hope they clear this up next week, I was pissed off when we were FINALLY getting to it but then realised there was only TWO MINUTES LEFT! We're eight episodes in and the plot hasn't really gone anywhere. All we know is that: Kamiya's dead, the royal family are a bunch of dicks, that's it. The rest was random baseball matches against other teams that aren't central to the plot at all.

Also, THAT FUCKING SOUND MIXING FOR THE LOVE OF CHRIST FIX IT!
Feb 28, 2022 7:13 AM
Sep 2015
The line between baseball and terrorism is thinner than ever in this episode LOL
They take the "rules are made to be broken" to the whole next level.
Feb 28, 2022 8:55 AM

Jul 2017
Yeah...the sound mixing I may not have noticed it in prior episodes, but this episode takes the cake for being an obnoxious poorly-done overlay job.

The nasty terrorists of the Ota Tribe are out for blood, and it's Kazuki Aoyama's life they're after. Unfortunately for Minato Tribe, facing them is almost a no-brainer, and the Ota Tribe's dirty and secret tactics are the only skills they have on their book other than being total newbies to XB.

That is until leader Sonoda comes to the plate and thwarts the entire play field...and Haru is still being his goody-two-shoes behaviour to be sideswiped by one very simple reason: revenge on Ojiro Otori being an outcast, to use Minato Tribe as his stepping stone.

Everything is just going downhill at this point.
Feb 28, 2022 10:34 AM
Feb 2022
Can anyone give me en example of the mad mixes? Around what time does it happen?
Feb 28, 2022 1:30 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
So the Ota Tribe are a group of people who like to play dirty XB while trying to take out Kazuki Aoyama, who's real reason for joining the Minato tribe was to get back at Ojiro Otori for being kicked out of the royal family.

I had to turn the volume down because the sound was too loud.
Feb 28, 2022 2:52 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Lel aggreed, the bgm madly way louder this time, idk how can its messed up with that. But i think i know the reason why, they want a chaos vibe, and sure its become one with how mad people thinking about that xd.

About Ota Tribe, they sure were nasty bunch, and Sonoda really didn't care a single fuck about the game. Feels bad with the people on the broken plane, they just straight fell in like nothing xd. But damn, never knew they can be so smart, jamming the judge robot like that. Hats off for them at least.

About Kazuki, oh well, i still don't know what he thinks. Sometimes he helpful, sometimes he sounded pretty annoying. But thanks to Sonoda, there's some backstory about how he decided to join Minato. There's some conflict of interest, and for sure already Haru thought its better to just giving up. No, not yet, Haru. Because the tuna dude finally shown up to lending some good hands. Alright!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Feb 28, 2022 5:33 PM

Sep 2020
I'm not too keen on believing what Sonoda said about Kazuki's past; the abridged version of Kazuki's backstory was clearly meant as a jab more than a real summary of what really happened to the young blue haired 4D chess player.
Feb 28, 2022 8:57 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
An interesting turn of events, Ota Tribe is outright trying to assassinate Aoyama using any means necessary, which then turns into a XB game which is looking bad for Ota due to them not knowing the rules and just goofing around (I really like the girl lol) but they resort to sabotaging the judge robots which allows them to pretty much break all the rules, and of course it turns out Yasuhiro betrays Haru right after he comes back, but it looks like he was forced into it as well, a shame tho lol. And now we’ve learned a bit about Aoyama’s past thanks to the Ota Tribe leader and our boy Taiga comes back just in time. I’m liking this little arc so far, Ota Tribe is definitely a wacky bunch too, but it makes them interesting.

Also once again I didn’t notice the music being too loud like everyone else is saving, maybe I’m just used to loud music lol.
Mar 1, 2022 12:04 AM

Dec 2020
that backstory puppet play lmao. aint got no time to waste on flashbacks
Mar 5, 2022 4:54 PM
Dec 2020
I was hoping this to be better, kinda sad, sure it didnt seem like a 10/10 but it just gets worse each week, more or less.
some people...
May 5, 2022 9:16 AM

Jul 2015
Wise lesson to remember for Haru: once a Yasuhiro, always a rat.
Ever since Kamiya died, the diner hideout place sure got wrecked a bunch.

Jun 18, 2023 2:52 AM
Feb 2017
Interesting characters and designs

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tribe Nine Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2022

28 by LimiterLily »»
Mar 5, 3:33 AM

Poll: » Tribe Nine Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2022

16 by No-Life-101 »»
Jun 18, 2023 2:53 AM

Poll: » Tribe Nine Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2022

13 by No-Life-101 »»
Jun 18, 2023 2:53 AM

Poll: » Tribe Nine Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2022

20 by No-Life-101 »»
Jun 18, 2023 2:52 AM

Poll: » Tribe Nine Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2022

15 by No-Life-101 »»
Jun 18, 2023 2:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.