Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 18, 2022 8:29 AM

Nov 2011
Well, Intruder is a clever one with her trap. Another one of those episode featuring the main cast taking on a tactical approach on their mission although seemingly with more risk this time.

I wonder if Intruder is mentally stable though. Seems some of these antagonists in the show are driven by some twisted ambitions. M16A1 is also such a good friend, especially to her comrades.
Feb 18, 2022 8:57 AM

Feb 2020
This was much better than the previous episode. I really liked that battle.

It's good to have M16 back. :)

SerafosFeb 18, 2022 2:20 PM
Feb 18, 2022 9:24 AM
Jul 2014
Art quality and mechanical quality of firearms has noticeably improved. Gun details have improved thanks to the use of 3D props, though there's a notable exception when the artists have to draw the front profiles of the weapons.

Details of Ingram's weapon (a MAC-10) are easily identifiable.

The combat choreography has gotten slightly better, but there's still the element of the battles not feeling dynamic enough.
Feb 18, 2022 9:45 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Even though the Sangvis are AI its curious seeing them do something emotional like honoring their lost comrades. Still Intruder addressing the commander over the comm directly was bold of her. But its amusing seeing the commander match her bit by bit. Though Intruder made a good effort that was aided greatly by her cunning and creativity her arrogance caused her strategy to backfire pretty fatally. Though its nice to see AR team reformed once more im curious to see what Intruder meant in the end.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 18, 2022 10:10 AM

Jul 2017
3 Sangvis Ringleaders are gone, but the show must go on.

The Griffin teams are going strong with their limited forces, but the next Sangvis Ringleader is not making it easy for them: Intruder, with her army of many androids at her beckon and call since this is her territory, and Commander Gentiane must give it she got to get them out safe and sound while completing the annihilation mission with the AR Team locating Intruder. And this time, she's not doing it alone with backup from other commanders, work smart as you go.

SP914 Command-type Intruder...she likes things all drama, and that's what she gave to them, really cornering the AR Team's every move, forcing them to be creative. Plus the amount of reinforcements they got, it makes Intruder fighting on behalf of her fallen brethren of Scarecrow, Exeutioner and Hunter such a cliché and foolish attempt that it took another Unit with M16 to take her down. And with that, the entire AR Team has been reunited.

How both the anime and the manga versions depicted the reunion of AR Team's last vital member of Big Sis M16 was very different, but I feel that the manga version did it better for a more comedic feel, whereas the anime has been action-packed to give it a less-desirable, yet impactful feel. Any way would've been fine for me.
Feb 18, 2022 10:17 AM

Jul 2021
Throughout the episode all I was thinking was "man this is dumb."

Nothing really unique or interesting happened in this episode either, they were still on their mission, there was some fighting, they found intruder's location, the fight happened, the "stratergy" of intruder, our doll's finding the blind spots and shooting intruder but missing all their bullets was all just dumb man. Then suddenly M16 just appeared and landed the final blow and then the enemy doll Intruder started acting all defeated and sad about how she wasn't able to deliver a final performace for her falled comrades.

M4's reaction to seeing M16 was understandable though, I would have been mad too, M16 was there the whole time and didn't show herself till the very end, first there was AR15 pulling this hiding-till-last-moment and landing-the-final-blow stunt while putting the lives of their comrades in danger by making them rescue herself and then there was M16 with the same stunt.

Well at least the OP and ED are bangers ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

3/5 episode. Wasn't at least a snoozefest like the last one, better than previous one for sure. We are already past half-way in this season, I wonder if the interesting and "dark" things that the visual novel readers were talking about will begin soon, looking forward to that.
TsutanaiFuunFeb 18, 2022 10:21 AM

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Feb 18, 2022 1:46 PM

Jul 2011
You thought it was Dio, but is me Intruder!
Feb 18, 2022 3:04 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
I liked this one, while Intruder was by no means a difficult foe, I found the way she fought to be cool, and her drama theme was cool too, loved her design as well. Of course her tactics weren’t very good but the fight was still kinda cool, and love to see M16 is back with her squad, now the gang’s all here.
Feb 18, 2022 10:30 PM

Apr 2011
I don't know, if M16 told them where she is earlier, she wouldn't have any element of surprise knowing that Intruder is listening to their comms. The fighting was okay thou. These SF ringleaders sure are weird, but it makes them less boring.
Feb 19, 2022 2:45 AM

Oct 2008
the four elite is now back!!
M16 is big sis huh...i guess that's true because M16 is really one of the legacy rifles huh...
5/5.

Feb 19, 2022 5:12 AM

Oct 2016
Pretty good episode! Now that the AR team is reunited, maybe we can move on to bigger things now, since it definitely still feels like we're in the introductory stages.
Feb 19, 2022 5:38 AM
Jul 2018
I still do not get the whole story.

For me it was just another Boss-Enemy that got destroyed.
Cannot they be restored like the Doll's from Griffin?

It just feels weird. The Team is united again, but in my opinion the bigger picture is missing.

They go from one base to another, but there is no background evolving like the development of a super weapon or something else.

Am I missing something?
Feb 19, 2022 7:09 AM

Nov 2015
Good episode this week.
It was fun watching Intruder's theatrics, she was the best villain so far.
I'm kinda disappointed that she's gone so soon. Why are they always defeated so quickly?

Bruh bruh bruh... at least team AR is finally reunited.

younger brothers of the death painting wombs,
lend me your strength!! fire!!
like Esou... I must fight with grace!
like Kechizu... I must fight freely!!
and like Yuji... I must fight with power!!!

deliveriescollectionreverie sonata
amazing set by ec secret snowman < 333
Feb 19, 2022 9:02 AM

Apr 2021
Imma be honest, this is just getting incredibly cringe at this point.
Feb 19, 2022 3:19 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
The show must go on, for the Intruder to death as well. No surprise if the executioner there was M16 because the plot becoming quite recurring after all. Feels weird having named Intruder, but all she did just making a drama shit and commanding something as useless as that. I mean, look at that turret, should've set them to rotate or something, my lady. Then her big gun, thou, sheesh, what a waste of ammo. The only one that suit in her name was when the moment of intrusion from her directly and dramatically public shit talks to Gentiene. That's a fun bit, but that's actually the only fun she did. For the M16 neesan, welcome back home....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Feb 19, 2022 5:04 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Lol get trapped Intruder, M16 was pretty good, and now all the AR are finally reunited
Feb 19, 2022 8:40 PM
Dec 2021
Another cool fight, and AR Team are back together. I enjoyed it. Intruder was quite unsettling.
Feb 20, 2022 12:51 AM
Jul 2012
Well as someone whose followed the game plot and all it's events and seeing this has 12 episodes and the pace it's going, unfortunately it's probably going to leave off on that cliffhanger players will know about, around chapter 6, maybe even chapter 7. For anime onlys, this episode just wrapped up chapter 4. Guess the anime is still holding back on some of the bigger reveals of major plot stuff, but there have been some scattered hints here and there. Next two episodes look to cover chapter 5, which still is a chapter shy of when things get intense and real. I'd imagine the last 3 episodes will be reserved for chapter 6, or maybe 2 for chapter 6 and the last one for chapter 7 so people will have to hold on until then if they want to see things get real and FUBAR.

At the very least we get probably best SF ringleader (in my opinion), Destroyer, either next week or the week after and hopefully best Griffin t-doll RO635 in the last episode or second to last episode since no sign of her in the opening, which would make sense if the anime is ending around chapters 6/7. I wonder if the event, but story relevant chapters 5.5 and 7.5 will be relegated to OVAs, or if maybe one of the upcoming episodes might be chapter 5.5, or if they'll even get adapted at all if the anime doesn't sell well enough.

Otherwise, I've been relatively pleased with this adaption, though I must say the slower pace it's delivering plot points and instead focusing on action, does make it a little hard for anime onlys to fully grasp what's going on. Definitely much easier to follow if you played the game and it's a nice treat to see the various t-dolls and stuff animated. Here's to next week!
No I don't read manga. Why? Because according to MAL manga readers, all anime is either: too rushed, too slow, anime original, or a terrible adaption. I like to enjoy anime for what it is, anime.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dolls' Frontline Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2022

20 by EmiFumiko »»
Mar 29, 11:33 AM

Poll: » Dolls' Frontline Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 21, 2022

37 by EmiFumiko »»
Mar 1, 6:54 AM

Poll: » Dolls' Frontline Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2022

145 by EmiFumiko »»
Feb 25, 10:42 AM

Poll: » Dolls' Frontline Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2022

40 by bushman66 »»
Aug 7, 2023 6:03 PM

Poll: » Dolls' Frontline Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 14, 2022

61 by bushman66 »»
Aug 6, 2023 4:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.