Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 17, 2022 9:06 AM

Mar 2015

Back to Leo/Need. Lol @ Saki's twister hairstyle haha
Feb 17, 2022 4:24 PM

Jun 2020
RIP Tsukasa, he is shock to death after seeing his sister lol.
Feb 17, 2022 4:30 PM

Feb 2020
Started watching the series with this episode. Loved those random hairstyles of Leo/need members. Also the tribal culture facepaint cause band's name. Saki looked so cute <3
Can't wait for next one.
Feb 17, 2022 8:19 PM
Dec 2019
not my favorite ep but I liked how theu accentuate the little things about the characters so well ☆
Feb 18, 2022 4:25 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Shit, the video is private. Someone give meh alternative link, please u.u
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Feb 18, 2022 4:59 AM

Jun 2020
badabass said:
Shit, the video is private. Someone give meh alternative link, please u.u

The official team take down the episode sadly, you can find from unofficial translator like this:

I'm concerned they will take this down too
Feb 18, 2022 5:07 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
chocomayu said:

The official team take down the episode sadly, you can find from unofficial translator like this:

I'm concerned they will take this down too

Nice! Its helps me lot. Looks like i need bit of research myself on yt.
Lets pray not, at least until i complete this xD
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Feb 18, 2022 5:11 AM

Feb 2020

Here is the subbed one, unfortunaly the original one got removed cause cancel culture.
Seriously EN community (specially twitter) is getting more sensitive year after year -^-
HappyCocoaFeb 18, 2022 6:27 AM
Feb 18, 2022 8:24 AM

Feb 2020
UsamiMitsu said:
HappyCocoa said:
Seriously EN community (specially twitter) is getting more sensitive year after year -^-

I agree with this part lol
It's really annoying having to watch them take down the video cause of this
SEGA discontinuing Global ver when

This is why we can't have nice things.
Like you said I won't be surprised if they discontinue Global ver sometime after this :c

Btw nice signature.
Feb 21, 2022 9:31 AM

Apr 2012
Seriously, why is it that every time a tan is used somewhere in Asian culture, Americans think they are trying to portray blacks? Every time someone draws Genshin's Kaeya less tanned, people scream that it's whitewashing.

UsamiMitsu said:
Uh- what happened to episode 6? Why is it private???

Edit: Apparently EN community got triggered by ganguro lmao. This is why most JP games don't release a global version of their game, to prevent this from happening.

It really is. They even forced Sega to write a formal apology.
Feb 21, 2022 9:32 AM

Apr 2012
HappyCocoa said:
UsamiMitsu said:

I agree with this part lol
It's really annoying having to watch them take down the video cause of this
SEGA discontinuing Global ver when

This is why we can't have nice things.
Like you said I won't be surprised if they discontinue Global ver sometime after this :c

Btw nice signature.

Well, people often say that IMAS gatcha doesn't get a global release due to Bamco's concerns about such things. However, this is to be expected in this case, given that SEKAI fandom is generally on the same level as Genshin's.
RobertBobertFeb 21, 2022 9:46 AM
Feb 21, 2022 11:18 AM

Sep 2016
RobertBobert said:
Seriously, why is it that every time a tan is used somewhere in Asian culture, Americans think they are trying to portray blacks?

But even if they were, cmon.
This is ridiculous.

Thank goodness I live in a country where I can put some face paint for fun and people will actually understand it's for fun without starting imagining things.

RobertBobert said:

Every time someone draws Genshin's Kaeya less tanned, people scream that it's whitewashing.

Which is weird because Kaeya is clearly fair skinned with a slight tan lmao.
bruh
Feb 21, 2022 11:59 AM

Apr 2012
FullyCharged said:
RobertBobert said:
Seriously, why is it that every time a tan is used somewhere in Asian culture, Americans think they are trying to portray blacks?

But even if they were, cmon.
This is ridiculous.

Thank goodness I live in a country where I can put some face paint for fun and people will actually understand it's for fun without starting imagining things.

RobertBobert said:

Every time someone draws Genshin's Kaeya less tanned, people scream that it's whitewashing.

Which is weird because Kaeya is clearly fair skinned with a slight tan lmao.

People are really crazy about this. There was a scene in Love Lab where the characters pretended to be die hard gyaru and one weirdo on twitter started whining that it was blackface. They seem to literally deny artificial tanning in principle.
Mar 1, 2022 3:37 AM

Dec 2020
people really going out of their way to defend this, it was literal blackface no matter how you look at it. this isn't even the first time something like this has happened in this franchise either, it's really unfortunate to see what they'll do for views. honestly wouldn't be surprised if the en version doesn't last much longer
Mar 1, 2022 6:33 AM

Apr 2012
subahokke said:
people really going out of their way to defend this, it was literal blackface no matter how you look at it. this isn't even the first time something like this has happened in this franchise either, it's really unfortunate to see what they'll do for views. honestly wouldn't be surprised if the en version doesn't last much longer

Please google what is ganguro and gyaru in particular. Stop trying to provoke scandals around Japanese media because of the Western mentality or tropes.
Mar 1, 2022 6:38 AM

Dec 2020
RobertBobert said:
subahokke said:

Please google what is ganguro and gyaru in particular. Stop trying to provoke scandals around Japanese media because of the Western mentality or tropes.

yup..i have. i don't know if you're black or not, but a large majority of black people online have publicly said it's blackface, it's obvious to see too. and we non pocs shouldn't be trying to get all defensive about it just because of the different culture. there are plenty of threads on twt by poc who actually explain why it's not ganguro or gyaru. a very obvious one is how they're dressed as animals, if it was supposed to be ganguro/gyaru , then why did they have to heavily "tan" their faces and dress them up as animals??

it's not a scandal, it's blatant racism being used in a way to get views. and it's not "western mentality", i think black people (and anyone for this matter) from anywhere are able to tell what is racist and what's not.
Mar 1, 2022 6:46 AM

Apr 2012
subahokke said:
RobertBobert said:

yup..i have. i don't know if you're black or not, but a large majority of black people online have publicly said it's blackface, it's obvious to see too. and we non pocs shouldn't be trying to get all defensive about it just because of the different culture. there are plenty of threads on twt by poc who actually explain why it's not ganguro or gyaru. a very obvious one is how they're dressed as animals, if it was supposed to be ganguro/gyaru , then why did they have to heavily "tan" their faces and dress them up as animals??

it's not a scandal, it's blatant racism being used in a way to get views. and it's not "western mentality", i think black people (and anyone for this matter) from anywhere are able to tell what is racist and what's not.

Again, this is not Western culture and the Japanese should not care what foreigners think about it. Western people love to complain about cultural appropriation, but now you are literally blaming the Asian nation for not accepting your cultural tropes.

Because the image of gyaru is associated among the Japanese with the south and southern culture. In particular, gyaru were inspired by youth films about California. You just have no idea what Japanese tropes about black people look like.
Jun 13, 2022 1:20 AM

Jul 2016
i've seen alot of people say that this was ganguro/gyaru, it really isn't. it's just plain brownface. you can tell by the clothing leo/need wears that it was trying to imitate tribes and it came off as offensive, intentional or not.

people need to understand why POC were unhappy with this episode instead of trying to excuse/defend it.
Sep 14, 2023 9:10 AM

Mar 2018
I disagree with the paranoia around racism, and the social justice that results from it. Being aware is enough, in my opinion.

The anime itself is not that good, but I'm watching it. Episode 3 was funny, but 6, not so much. The most standout thing about it is the ending, as it's far more interesting than a generic J-pop song. Now it's a J-random-electronic-genre-I-don't-have-the-name-for-and-will-probably-never-hear-again song. I'll just call it IDM, because it sounds somewhat intelligent!!!!!!!!!!!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Petit Seka Episode 10 Discussion

chocomayu - Mar 17, 2022

5 by bushman66 »»
May 15, 2022 10:28 AM

Poll: » Petit Seka Episode 9 Discussion

Mirai - Mar 10, 2022

4 by badabass »»
Mar 12, 2022 6:46 AM

Poll: » Petit Seka Episode 8 Discussion

Mirai - Mar 3, 2022

3 by chocomayu »»
Mar 3, 2022 8:35 PM

Poll: » Petit Seka Episode 7 Discussion

chocomayu - Feb 24, 2022

7 by subahokke »»
Mar 2, 2022 12:11 PM

Poll: » Petit Seka Episode 2 Discussion

Mirai - Jan 20, 2022

5 by Nexis09 »»
Feb 17, 2022 1:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.