Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Feb 6, 2022 8:43 AM
Jul 2018
phenomenal episode again. They're really doing great job. And the ending tho...
Feb 6, 2022 8:43 AM

Feb 2010
this episode was one of the best experiences that i have watching a anime episode.

10/10 and thanks ufotable.

Mod Edit: Removed vote/score talk.
anime-primeFeb 6, 2022 9:10 AM
Feb 6, 2022 8:45 AM
Nov 2019
Ufotable made my day!!!!!!!!
Dec 2021
Easily the best episode of this show so far.

Aug 2021
After watching it, I went ahead in MAL and rate this season 10/10. I'm speechless.
Feb 6, 2022 8:46 AM

Aug 2019
Thoroughly enjoyed this episode. The animation again from Ufotable was GOAT-worthy, and the direction this time was far better than Episode 9.

The OST suited the mood, and they actually got through the latter half of the episode without the predictable flashbacks, which unsurprisingly enhanced the scene, and gave it more momentum.

This was better than Episode 19 of S1 imo. The only disappointments are the asspulls. Inosuke rearranging his organs to survive, and Tanjiro dipping into a seemingly endless well of strength for 5 episodes now to keep fighting.

There's no rhyme or reason to some of the logic, but damn it was entertaining.
Feb 6, 2022 8:47 AM

Mar 2020
This is one of the best and epic Demon Slayer episodes I've seen so far. Tanjiro, Zenitsu, and Inosuke used their finishing moves all together to finish off the battle against Daki and Gyutaro! Awesome job on the animation, Ufotable!
giromi17Feb 6, 2022 11:07 AM
"You are destined to be who you are."
Feb 6, 2022 8:48 AM

Jul 2014
One of the best animation of all time fr. Good job
Feb 6, 2022 8:48 AM

Jul 2021
The best demon slayer episode so far, kny haters can cope harder
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 6, 2022 8:49 AM
Oct 2016
Banger of an episode!! Seeing the thrilling conclusion to this fight really got my blood pumping. Tanjiro really had to dig deep trying to keep Gyutaro back. Gyutaro was basically just toying with him at the start saying how Tanjiro should be protecting his little sister instead of the other way around. Gyutaro even offering to turn Tanjiro into a demon so they could survive. Either become a demon or die, Tanjiro faded a similar choice at the very start of this whole story. Expect it was a demon slayer whom offered him the choice not an actual demon. Tanjiro even sees it once Daki calls out for her big brother like Nezuko has done towards him. It brings up an obvious parallel that's been right in front of peoples faces wince Gyutaro emerged. That the dynamic between Tanjiro & Nezuko and the dynamic between Gyutaro & Daki is like opposites sides of the same coin. Tanjiro got lucky he did have to become a demon to save his little sister. More on that parallel in the next episode.

The action in this one hands down some of the best we've seen from demon slayer!!! My mind is totally thrown for a loop seeing all that!! Tanjiro with the sly headbutt and kunai stab to stall Gyutaro. Uzui getting back up like a boss to fight Gyutaro again! Zenitsu using godspeed! Inosuke miraculously jumping in to help. The boys all syncing their attacks!!!!! The animation looked stellar!!! Crazy good!!! Like oh my fucking god how did they make it look so pretty! Uzui facing Gyutaro looked like the movie did with Rengoku and Akaza. Some much amazement in the animation this episode. They really outdid themselves. Excited to see the final episode of this arc next week. People will be surprised.
Feb 6, 2022 8:49 AM
May 2021
Goddamn, the best demon slayer episode yet.
Pure sakuga fest
Feb 6, 2022 8:50 AM
Senpai

May 2021
Ufotable wow. The animation is so good.
Love it!
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Feb 6, 2022 8:50 AM
Apr 2021
What was that. Just what was that. INCREDIBLE, just INCREDIBLE. OMG just OMG. What a fight that was. What a great end for the episode. What the super OST. Holy grail.
Feb 6, 2022 8:51 AM
Apr 2021
Arpyt said:
Best Demon Slayer Episode till now, Ufotable never misses. 10/10 episode Great Animation, Amazing Ost and The Peaks Absoulutely Peak fiction

True. Today's episode was INCREDIBLE
Feb 6, 2022 8:52 AM

Jul 2016
That was Fate Heaven's Feel level of sakuga fight. 23 minutes worth it (ノ。♥‿♥。)ノ
Feb 6, 2022 8:52 AM
Mar 2021
The second half of this episode is really kinda the only thing good about it, the action does a lot to save it, but 8 fucking minutes of talking in a 22 minute episode is ridiculous. It added nothing to the story, just Demon Boy insulting Tanjiro for 8 minutes straight.

I am perfectly fine with people getting power ups out of nowhere, but the fact that both Tanjiro and Uzui can suddenly hold their own against Demon Boy is bordering on stupid.

t was alright, definitely not better than episode 19 from the first season. i really hope they don't try and make us feel sorry for these 2 after this, cause these demons are both annoying and irredeemable. screw the parallel bullshit they are going for

tl;dr not terrible, but not as amazing as people are making it out to be
Feb 6, 2022 8:57 AM

Apr 2013
Solid episode, in summary: Plot armor, asspulls & teamwork > cocky siblings that prefer to insult than finish off their enemies

The end of this episode was another reminder that no matter how good the animation, storyboard and soundtrack are, Gotouge will find a way to ruin the tension with some bland comedy. Newsflash for Ufotable, no one would've complained if you removed the 3 wives screaming/slapstick bit at the end.
KneelBeforeMeFeb 6, 2022 9:04 AM
Feb 6, 2022 8:57 AM
Oct 2018
Ever since episode 6, this anime has become something I set my alarm for every week. Every episode is better than the last, and this one is no exception. Apsolutely amazing animation, couldn't imagine it being better, I am in love with this anime, can't wait for the last episode.
Feb 6, 2022 8:58 AM

Aug 2015
omfg, that ep... actually such an amazing ep.
Feb 6, 2022 8:59 AM

Dec 2020
Ah Ufotable did their best to save Demon Slayer lmao. They improved the fight so much from the manga it's crazy.
And I finally got to see my favourite breathing form animated.
Beast Breathing: Asspulls.
Anything works as long as the reason is "I grew up in the wild. I can do any shit."
It was funny to see Inosuke catching and keeping up with Zenitsu's Godlike Speed Form.
But the best form was Sun Breathing: Protagonist. It forced Upper Moon 6 to shit talk for the entire first half of the episode to save the protagonist. Look at Tengen :/
If only he knew about this special form, Gyuutaro would not have gone for the kill on him. Though his Sound Breathing was powerful too. Made Gyuutaro just check his heartbeat to make sure he was dead when the demon could have just beheaded him.
troilus_05sFeb 6, 2022 9:20 AM
Feb 6, 2022 9:00 AM

Sep 2015
"My Katana is dull" *still proceeds to be able to cut*

"I have no more strength" *proceeds to get back to action for the 10th time*

Overall a very predictable narrative structure ever since the Mugen train arc.

August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Feb 6, 2022 9:00 AM
May 2021
10 out of fucking 10, peak fiction
Feb 6, 2022 9:01 AM

Jul 2019
This is Ufotable at its peak, on par if not better than their animation on Heaven's feel ,i'm sure almost everyone will agree that this episode was insane and very enjoyable.

The plot is nothing special and full of what people consider "asspull" but this is proof (once again) that high production values can save almost everything as long as the script is barely decent.

Watching Kny and Aot on the same day just ruins the latter for me unfourtunately.

Yes, i'm salty, how could you tell?
Feb 6, 2022 9:02 AM

May 2016
This episode alone deserves:
Anime episode of the year candidate.
Best demon slayer episode.
To be called a masterpiece
A 10/10 rating
Most immersive episode.
Best Animation.

May 2015
HOLY FUCKING SHIT! THIS EPISODE IS ON FIRE!!!

Ok guys, let be honest. The best part about this episode is Tanjiros mother headbutting boar.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."

Nov 2016
Feels bad for Daki and Gyutaro.

This adaptation is on some different shit, but they went extra ham this time. The raw hype this episode radiated is worthy the label peak fiction. The audiovisual presentation is that divine. Had me almost shouting alongside Tanjiro and the others.

6/5 (rewatched the intense action part)

Demon Slayer raised the bar for other shounen. Though, I think Jujutsu Kaisen will again be able to compete once we get to a certain arc.
FMmatronFeb 6, 2022 9:12 AM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 6, 2022 9:03 AM

Nov 2021
This episode gave me goosebumps, honestly the best animation in this episode than in any anime ive ever seen. I loved how they animated gyutaro cutting through tanjirous jaw as tanjirou beheaded him. This might even be the best episode of any anime ive ever watched aswell no debate that its in my top 3 episodes. Once again Ufotable deserve so much praise
Feb 6, 2022 9:04 AM

May 2020
animejas said:
The action in the second half of the episode looked good and again, better than the animation in episode 19 but the animation and sakuga itself didn't blow me away this week in particular and standing out in a special manner from other weeks barring the explosion at the end. The Tengen-Gyutaro action was fast-paced and looked great with the lighting and not much monologues slowing it down so that was cool at least with the movie feel, but other than the flashiness and sakuga involved, there wasn't much going for this fight and the episode to keep me invested in it. Episode 19 from Season 1 at least had better music and more character-driven moments going for it, even if the writing there wasn't extraordinary either. Here it looked cooler with all-out action everywhere but it didn't blow me away much with it and emotionally didn't engage me at all either. Wasn't a massive fan of the flames in general for the backgrounds, it looks too digital to me. Idk what to say about this episode, it's not a terrible episode by any means but it felt a little underwhelming to me. Probably how I feel with this season, it looks movie-level with the digital effects used for action with some solid mix of cinematography used but there's nothing else really going for it. One more episode at least is remaining for this season, and I will give ufotable praise for animating it with high standards consistently for a TV anime with a movie presence to it.

yup yup u just summaries this season very well. its all abt animation and its kinda sad
Feb 6, 2022 9:05 AM
Mar 2021
Damn my heart is racing from this...
Feb 6, 2022 9:05 AM
Dec 2021
A short summary about this episode: 5 mins of content stretched to 20mins carried by a God tier animation.No offense and no hate but this is truly the case.
Feb 6, 2022 9:07 AM
Mar 2015
thank you ufotable, I have nothing more to say.
Feb 6, 2022 9:07 AM

Jun 2015
Great episode, even if the "villain not killing the protagonist instantly" sort of thing tends to be ridiculous. Also the fact that you could tell (even without reading the manga) it coming from a mile away that Tanjiro and his buddy-buddies weren't dead and all of them had a role to play. Nevertheless, I can forgive these tropes as it is pretty much a well-made shounen. Gotta hand it to the animators, Marked Tanjiro was hype as fuck.

If I had to nitpick on one detail, they could have just postponed the Taisho secret on this part. Felt very out of place when the village they fought in literally explodes and Nezuko comes to tell a fact about Tanjiro's forehead as he's choking on blood and poison.

Btw a quick edit for anyone wondering about how Tanjiro got a power-up this time: there's a price to pay for it.
uh oh!
Feb 6, 2022 9:09 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
This thread has been cleaned.

Don't rise to bait from trolls. Just report then ignore. Additionally, posts that mention votes or scores don't create meaningful discussion and will be removed. All posts which aren't discussing actual contents of the episode are subject for removal.
Feb 6, 2022 9:09 AM

Jun 2021
This was the best episode by far, loved the animation and it was nice seeing a glimpse of the demon slayer mark :D
Feb 6, 2022 9:10 AM
Aug 2020
Second half was peak
Feb 6, 2022 9:12 AM

Mar 2021
THE FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'M ONCE AGAIN AMAZED! BROOO THIS EPISODE WAS FIRE BUT THEY OVERDID TANJIRO AND HIS HEALTH ASF. ZENITSU MY BOY DOESNT FAIL TO SURPRISE ME AND INOSUKE AND HIS REARRANGMENT OF HIS ORGANS LMFAOOO. UZUI THE HASHIRA THE BEASTTTTTTTTTT. BRO IM CRYINGGGGG THAT THIS ARC IS COMING TO AN END. *gonna rewatch tho heheh*
Feb 6, 2022 9:12 AM
Mar 2021
I enjoyed the episode and as always the animation was god teir, but this made no fucking sense. Like this was some insane asspulls and contrivances. Kind of reminded me of black widow or Wonder Woman 84, without the shit choreography and bad fight scenes
Feb 6, 2022 9:13 AM
Jul 2018
Exquisite episode start to finish! 😍 It takes every ounce of my strength of my body to resist diving to the manga just to know what the hell happened after this episode but imma still resist the temptation.

Hyped AF for the 45 min finale!
Feb 6, 2022 9:13 AM

Jan 2019
Random power ups and asspulls, classic demon slayer.

But did we really need two ep with fakeout deaths in a row?

Feb 6, 2022 9:14 AM

Apr 2021
The Most Flashiest Fight Yet!!!!!!!!

Ufotable's animation for this episode went beyond my wildest imagination, Seeing all those sparks and explosions caused by the fight......I'm just out of words!!!!! It's been a while since an anime has got me this hyped up!!!!!!

Anyways the 4 of em manage to decapitate both Daki and Gyutarou......also I liked Zenitsu's God speed move, it was really cool considering the animation. Good to know that Inosuke's alive and kicking!!!!! But again they left us on a huge cliff hanger......I can't wait to see next week's episode which concludes this season......After watching this episode, I just can't help but love season 2 so much!!!!!!
Feb 6, 2022 9:14 AM

Nov 2020
Dear lord that was a rush. I may have my issues with the show but they know how to craft a gorgeous and chaotic fight scene while still making it easy to follow. This shit was awesome to watch, and you could really feel the desperation with everyone screaming their lungs out to win. Some surprisingly brutal moments and some words from Nezuko were pleasant surprises. But goddamnit another cliffhanger, it's clear that they won the fight but I wonder how our guys are walking away from this. I wouldn't be surprised if one of the main three are permanently injured after this, or if Tengen and/or one of his wives died. Guess we'll see next week with the finale. Also had to laugh at the comically out of place Taisho secret at the end.
Are ya winning, diners?
Feb 6, 2022 9:15 AM
Wings

Apr 2017
That's got to be some of the best artwork I've seen in an anime. The scenery was fire - literally.

Despite all the despair of last episode, they've managed to cut off both demons' heads...
And despite the power of plot-Armour, the battle still doesn't seem to be just quite over...
Apparently next week's episode is the finale, so we'll get to see how it all plays out then.
Feb 6, 2022 9:17 AM
Stellaron Hunter

Oct 2020
Great fight amazing sakuga next episode is going to be interesting.
Incessant Rain

“Can you let me have some fun this time?”

Feb 6, 2022 9:17 AM
Nov 2017
This episode is fucking GOATED. This is why Ufotable goes on my #1 favorite studios of all time.
Feb 6, 2022 9:20 AM
Dec 2021
anime-prime said:
This thread has been cleaned.

Don't rise to bait from trolls. Just report then ignore. Additionally, posts that mention votes or scores don't create meaningful discussion and will be removed. All posts which aren't discussing actual contents of the episode are subject for removal.

Thank you for the cleaning mod!
Feb 6, 2022 9:21 AM
Jul 2021
This was the best episode in the whole anime , they just killed it! Way to go ufotable the animation was lit 🔥 and damn I can watch this episode many more times waiting for next episode 💓💓💓💓
Feb 6, 2022 9:22 AM
Jun 2021
Cracked episode,
I was watching on my old ps4 and almost crashed it lmao.

Sep 2020
Best anime episode of all time.
Something has to be here... やめてください

Oct 2018
And after the best episode of this season, we have the worst episode of all Kimetsu no Yaiba and probably one of the worst episodes in anime history.
Koyoharu Gotoge must give 90% of their money to Ufotable.

Please, if you're a mindless fanboy, don't quote me.
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
Feb 6, 2022 9:23 AM
Oct 2019
Cant wait this episode gonna break the internet, sorry if my statement feels excessive XD
Pages (11) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Yuukaku-hen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xenocrisi - Dec 12, 2021

186 by jumbosan »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Yuukaku-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 5, 2021

267 by jumbosan »»
3 hours ago

» Why is Tengen so underrated? ( 1 2 )

Leon888 - Mar 15

52 by Leon888 »»
Apr 7, 10:39 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Yuukaku-hen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Xenocrisi - Jan 16, 2022

263 by NadiaEros »»
Apr 6, 7:49 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Yuukaku-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Feb 13, 2022

454 by MursuTG »»
Mar 26, 1:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.