Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 31, 2022 6:22 AM

Dec 2020
In this arc I have been soo annoyed by tanjiro's inner thoughts while battling the demons. The dialogues are soo unnecessary, I mean why would the viewers needs to hear that tanjiro is thinking abt standing up when he fell down. It was tolerable at the beginning but it became soo repetitive. This is the reason I enjoy watching other demon slayers fights like of inosuke or zenitsu's than tanjiro's.

Also why would the show need to explain smallest of things like this

These types of obvious explaination in between fights breaks the flow of fight.

Also in the recent episode tanjiro thinks in the final scene
"If I hadn't left uzui's side this wouldn't had happened" you know how much stupid this dialogue is? Tf he is gonna do? Uzui literally saved him two times, he was a hindrance for uzui, also without teamwork of inosuke, zenitsu and tanjiro daki wouldn't had been defeated but he still thinks staying with uzui would have been a better choice.

I know it's human nature that whatever choice you made you will somewhat always regret it in the end, even if the regret is little. But This show tries hard so that tanjiro would become a relatable protagonist to the audience but fails miserably.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 31, 2022 6:33 AM
Sep 2021
I get what you mean it ruins the pacing of the fights and the slow motion movements are just as annoying.
Jan 31, 2022 6:37 AM
Apr 2021
Here's what I think of you're opinion 🚮🚮
Tokyo ghoul is a great manga with a trash anime adaptation

Jan 31, 2022 6:41 AM
Jun 2020
EXACTLY. Someone had to say this

Dec 2020
nonofyourbeeswax said:
your*, don't miss your English classes.

Feb 2020
The same for me. I like Inosuke's fight scenes much more, or when a pillar/hashira is fighting with a demon. Tanjiro's inner speeches/monologues should be reduced, or using them on the right place at right time.

About the show:

The animation and the soundtrack is fantastic still, the demon world is interesting as well, the concept is decent, just i wish they would take it more seriously sometimes. I know it's a shounen, but it could be better without dumb dialogues, misplaced humor, etc.

If you win, you live, if you lose, you die. If you don't fight, you can't win.
Jan 31, 2022 6:42 AM
Nov 2017
well some things just does'nt work well when translated from one medium (manga) to another (anime)
Jan 31, 2022 6:45 AM
Feb 2021
Well,most of shonen is this,exactly this. So,try some other genres if you want a change of pace. I could recommend some if you want
Jan 31, 2022 6:55 AM

May 2021
always has been that's demon slayer for you
Jan 31, 2022 6:56 AM
Jan 2022
Sheeeesh my school is opening here and imm thinking the same thing

Jan 31, 2022 6:57 AM

Sep 2021
Bheema_Reddy said:
Well,most of shonen is this,exactly this. So,try some other genres if you want a change of pace. I could recommend some if you want
well yes lets see another shonen that is kinda just like this with the monologues. hxh. it has a lot of monologues but it isnt nearly as annoying as it is in KnY because it isnt misplaced or overused(kinda is but its bearable) or just as plain annoying
Jan 31, 2022 6:58 AM
Jan 2022
Shounen anime have always been this way just in case you haven't noticed. Try watching other genres.
Jan 31, 2022 7:01 AM
Jan 2022
Also try reading the manga ahead next time, so you won't get surprised when the anime ends up having a lot of internal monologues. Although, I find it strange how you've only noticed this now. The first season had a lot of internal monologues as well.
Jan 31, 2022 7:05 AM
Mar 2016
Luckly thats your opinion. Tanjiro is the best.
Jan 31, 2022 7:05 AM
Feb 2021
degenerocity said:
Bheema_Reddy said:
well yes lets see another shonen that is kinda just like this with the monologues. hxh. it has a lot of monologues but it isnt nearly as annoying as it is in KnY because it isnt misplaced or overused(kinda is but its bearable) or just as plain annoying
yeah,well,I wasn't comparing anything. I meant to say the inner monologue is a classic staple of shonen,and it's easy to get tired of it sometimes. Try exploring other genres
Jan 31, 2022 7:06 AM
Aug 2021
*this is annoying in every arc.
Jan 31, 2022 7:15 AM

Jan 2021
Haters when the characters dont explain:- This show only consist of mindless actions. Nothing is explained. When will they explain this etc.

Also Haters when the character explain what they do:- I hate it when the characters explain everything. It ruins the flow. We dont need to hear that etc.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Jan 31, 2022 7:24 AM

Feb 2020
FZREMAKE said:
Haters when the characters dont explain:- This show only consist of mindless actions. Nothing is explained. When will they explain this etc.

Also Haters when the character explain what they do:- I hate it when the characters explain everything. It ruins the flow. We dont need to hear that etc.
Nah it's not like that. Tanjiro explaining EVERY single move, and that is what makes him annoying sometimes. Of course there are moments where it's necessary to explain, but not in every frame in the middle of the fight.
If you win, you live, if you lose, you die. If you don't fight, you can't win.
Jan 31, 2022 7:25 AM
Jun 2021
True, these fights were better in manga bcz u can breeze through these inner monologues.
Jan 31, 2022 7:25 AM

Dec 2020
FZREMAKE said:

As you said I am a kny hater then I request you to find me the thread or the comment or any post on mal were I hated it.

I don't even hate kny where are you coming from?

*In demon slayer*
You need legs to stand up.

Fanboys:- now that's a pretty good explanation I am impressed.
Jan 31, 2022 7:26 AM

Jan 2021
CLaNLoRrD said:
FZREMAKE said:

Nah it's not like that. Tanjiro explaining EVERY single move, and that is what makes him annoying sometimes. Of course there are moments where it's necessary to explain, but not in every frame in the middle of the fight.

Yeah I agree, sometimes it might be a bit unnecessary, but first off all, its present in most shows that these people love. Secondly, I have lost count on how many similar threads have been made regarding both the explanation and non explanation of fights.

Jan 31, 2022 7:28 AM

Jan 2021
TheFounder131 said:
FZREMAKE said:

As you said I am a kny hater then I request you to find me the thread or the comment or any post on mal were I hated it.

I don't even hate kny where are you coming from?

*In demon slayer*
You need legs to stand up.

Fanboys:- now that's a pretty good explanation I am impressed.

I never said you are a hater. I was talking about haters in general because multiple similar threads do exist bro. (Seriously, I dont intend to hate on you or anything but several such threads have been made in the past that its annoying by now).

Jan 31, 2022 7:28 AM
Mar 2021
I have to agree, which is why iloved the last episode so much, cause they kept that stuff to a minimum. I don't mind the I ternary monologue every now and then but when it's every 3 min that's when it's annoying.
Jan 31, 2022 7:30 AM
Sep 2020
Jan 31, 2022 7:33 AM
Nov 2021
Damn bro that’s crazyyyy. But I ain’t even ask
Jan 31, 2022 7:37 AM
Dec 2020
Bro literally what's the problem with you guys...when they explain everything you say its annoying,when they don't explain(like in takt.op)you say its boring just to watch fights...for example"if they didn't explained that water is good for defence you guys will be like*a normal move stopped the blood strikes...
Jan 31, 2022 7:39 AM
Dec 2020
Bro literally what's the problem with you guys...when they explain everything you say its annoying,when they don't explain(like in takt.op)you say its boring just to watch fights...for example"if they didn't explained that water is good for defence you guys will be like*a normal move stopped the blood strikes...and also if he didn't left uzui...all of them would be still standing.because gyoutaro wouldn't even have the chance of stabbing inosuke
Jan 31, 2022 7:45 AM

Jul 2015
The alternative is shitton of threads about people not knowing what is happening.

Jan 31, 2022 7:50 AM

Jul 2019
My biggest problem with this is that he says the same things over and over again. Inner thoughts during battle are common in shounen but here it's a bit too repetitive.
Jan 31, 2022 7:51 AM
Jan 2021
I really couldn't care less abkut the monolouges or thoughts
It's literally what happens in shonen
Jan 31, 2022 7:57 AM
Mar 2021
TheFounder131 said:
In this arc I have been soo annoyed by tanjiro's inner thoughts while battling the demons. The dialogues are soo unnecessary, I mean why would the viewers needs to hear that tanjiro is thinking abt standing up when he fell down. It was tolerable at the beginning but it became soo repetitive. This is the reason I enjoy watching other demon slayers fights like of inosuke or zenitsu's than tanjiro's.

"If I hadn't left uzui's side this wouldn't had happened" you know how much stupid this dialogue is? Tf he is gonna do? Uzui literally saved him two times, he was a hindrance for uzui, also without teamwork of inosuke, zenitsu and tanjiro daki wouldn't had been defeated but he still thinks staying with uzui would have been a better choice.

I know it's human nature that whatever choice you made you will somewhat always regret it in the end, even if the regret is little. But This show tries hard so that tanjiro would become a relatable protagonist to the audience but fails miserably.

completely out of context here but is the "only 3.6 roentgen" at your sigbature at the end a reference to chernobyl?
Jan 31, 2022 8:06 AM
Oct 2021
People just like to complain about every single thing in this show
Jan 31, 2022 8:43 AM
Jan 2021
TheFounder131 said:
nonofyourbeeswax said:
your*, don't miss your English classes.
minor spelling error 🙉🙉🙉
TATAKAE!! TATAKAE!!
Jan 31, 2022 9:01 AM
Oct 2021
Thinking is so annoying 😖
Humans should stop thinking
Jan 31, 2022 9:07 AM
May 2021
Actually that makes me hype
Jan 31, 2022 9:08 AM

Nov 2020
Gonna have to agree. Most egregious example was probably the ending to this past episode. We got a dramatic few seconds where Inosuke was stabbed, only for Tanjiro to butt in and be like "Inosuke! Inosuke! Oh no everything is going wrong! Zenitsu! Zenitsu! This is all my fault! I'm so sorry everyone! I'm sorry I suck!" Like I get it, this is a stressful situation and I still like the show, but good lord shut up for two seconds please Tanjiro.
Are ya winning, diners?
Jan 31, 2022 9:08 AM

Oct 2013
Obscure_Otaku said:

Didn't you know that a simple and fun shonen that ended its run in 200 chapters can't get more popular than any other shonen that has 200 chapters just for one arc?
Jan 31, 2022 9:12 AM
Jul 2018
That's your opinion jimbo
I personally love tanjiro's inner thoughts because it adds suspense to the fight and makes us feel what tanjiro is feeling
Jan 31, 2022 9:18 AM

Dec 2020
ScottMerica said:
Gonna have to agree. Most egregious example was probably the ending to this past episode. We got a dramatic few seconds where Inosuke was stabbed, only for Tanjiro to butt in and be like "Inosuke! Inosuke! Oh no everything is going wrong! Zenitsu! Zenitsu! This is all my fault! I'm so sorry everyone! I'm sorry I suck!" Like I get it, this is a stressful situation and I still like the show, but good lord shut up for two seconds please Tanjiro.
exactly, he says the most obvious things which makes the scene less impactful.
Jan 31, 2022 9:18 AM

Sep 2009
kamehahaha said:
Obscure_Otaku said:

Didn't you know that a simple and fun shonen that ended its run in 200 chapters can't get more popular than any other shonen that has 200 chapters just for one arc?

Did you know the manga ended because the writer had a family emergency and had to move back home? Yeah next time don't judge a manga by it's lenght.
Jan 31, 2022 9:21 AM

Dec 2020
puzleheadedprior said:
TheFounder131 said:

completely out of context here but is the "only 3.6 roentgen" at your sigbature at the end a reference to chernobyl?
yep you are right, it's from Chernobyl.
Jan 31, 2022 9:26 AM

Oct 2013
komic said:
kamehahaha said:

Did you know the manga ended because the writer had a family emergency and had to move back home? Yeah next time don't judge a manga by it's lenght.

Ah yes the final arc that starts some 50-60 chapters before the end and it was due to an emergency? Try to read that news article again. Also who is judging what again?
Jan 31, 2022 9:43 AM
Oct 2013
I agree, at least actions shouldn't' stop while he speaks.
Also Tanjiro was supporting Tengen in the fight and saved his ass 2 or 3 times, he wasn't really a hindrance in the way that puts Tengen's life in danger!
HyruliaJan 31, 2022 9:46 AM
Jan 31, 2022 9:43 AM

Jan 2020
Garbage threads like this one are far more annoying lol
Jan 31, 2022 9:47 AM

May 2020
these monologues are for the ep to be longer
Jan 31, 2022 11:34 AM

Aug 2020
I can’t tell whether if this is a good opinion or not but I believe that when a character needs to strategize u need to give them time to think about their next attack like HunterXHunter but in this anime the power system doesn’t make sense tbh. They just do random power ups. So Ig u have a point I bc the dialogue is irrelevant.
Jan 31, 2022 12:35 PM

Jan 2021
And you just realised he has monologues? After a double cour season and a movie full of them?
Jan 31, 2022 1:21 PM

Jul 2020
Finally someone said it.
Jan 31, 2022 1:29 PM

Jul 2017
It's a problem that's there with tons of shounen action anime that I'm not a fan of. I don't mind minor explanations that are concise depending on the way the battle's going. Also, don't mind it for characters that clearly rely on analysis for their battles like how Eiichiro Maruo for Baby Steps monologues heavily in his tennis matches all the time but his breakdown of points on what to do actually fits his character and that kind of series really well in contrast to other players there. For a series though with heavy monologues for techniques that aren't that complex, alongside the battles already moving at a snail's pace, it makes good looking action feel more lethargic and boring that way. Just my opinion though. Nen's more complex but even there everything felt way too excessive with the exposition and snail's pace that its one of the factors to why I don't consider HxH 2011 a 'good' anime and I hate the Chimera Ant arc even nowadays for how drained and bored I was of it for a very long stretch.
Jan 31, 2022 2:00 PM

Jun 2019
That's why i always ignore the dialogues during the fight scene.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Yuukaku-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Feb 13, 2022

455 by prodigy_ck »»
May 5, 4:53 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Yuukaku-hen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xenocrisi - Dec 12, 2021

186 by jumbosan »»
Apr 25, 6:02 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Yuukaku-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 5, 2021

267 by jumbosan »»
Apr 25, 4:42 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Yuukaku-hen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 6, 2022

536 by Term4738 »»
Apr 15, 8:02 PM

» Why is Tengen so underrated? ( 1 2 )

Leon888 - Mar 15

52 by Leon888 »»
Apr 7, 10:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.