Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 29, 2022 12:59 AM

Nov 2007
tsubasaloverJan 29, 2022 1:28 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jan 29, 2022 3:33 AM
Oct 2016
Shifting our focus now to this comet that's about to make landfall. Akuru really wants the princesses to go after this windmill of time to try and stop the comet I suppose. That must be the only way to prevent it from starting the degenerate age. Since Kirinmaru has been wanting Akuru this whole time the windmill can definitely tip the balance of the fight one way or another. Akuru can also thankfully apparently give Towa more of that soul energy she'd been drained of trying to heal Sesshomaru. Akuru definitely needs all the princesses to stop this comet if he's willing to do that for them. Almost having to drag Moroha away from the fight to go after the windmill. It was good seeing Moroha, Inuyasha and Kagome all teaming up against Kirinmaru. A nice family bonding moment seeing Moroha use the same arrow attacks as her mother. Inuyasha saying to Kirinmaru that he won't let him lay a hand on his daughter warmed my heart. Its so nice seeing them be loving parents finally. The comet in the present day starting to effect things like those strange crows appearing. What is Mr Kirin doing wandering around there. The princesses need this windmill so hopefully the meeting with Sesshomaru mother goes well.
Jan 29, 2022 3:41 AM

Jun 2017
Another great episode, I wonder if Kirinmaru will be defeated by..himself since his split part seems to be a good guy apparently.
Jan 29, 2022 4:27 AM

Sep 2011
it was a good episode <3 It's so strange to see Inuyasha behave like a father ahah
Jan 29, 2022 6:55 AM

Jul 2017
Kagome hand-making a bow for Moroha, and Inuyasha acting like a father is probably the nicest thing ever. And Rin finally knowing why Sesshomaru had to separate her from both Towa and Setsuna took a heft amount of time to gloss through.

Akuru's involvement in this stage I can say is quite crucial as his Pinwheel helps certify that the Tree of Ages has acknowledged their presence. As such, the final conquest: destroy the Grim Comet, and Osamu Kirin himself as the foreign entity.

Ring in the final wave as Kirinmaru is dealt with everyone while the demon half-princesses prepare to time travel to the modern era. The Degenerate Age is coming, and it will require everyone's efforts, starting from Sesshomaru's mother and the Windmill of Time, and Osamu's time to bid safety for the demons in the modern era.
Jan 29, 2022 12:27 PM
Nov 2019
The scenes with Inuyasha, Kagome, and Moroha was the highlight of this episode, just like the last few. Everything else was kind of hit or miss. Towa getting healed felt cheap to me, with the way the last episode ended I figured healing her would take at least one episode. Rin just cannot catch a break now can she? Would have liked to see the bit with Miroku and Sango last a little bit longer, though I get why it wasn't. This episode did have a lot going on, getting every character where they needed to be.
Jan 29, 2022 4:05 PM
Oct 2020
KANLen09 said:
Kagome hand-making a bow for Moroha, and Inuyasha acting like a father is probably the nicest thing ever. And Rin finally knowing why Sesshomaru had to separate her from both Towa and Setsuna took a heft amount of time to gloss through.

Akuru's involvement in this stage I can say is quite crucial as his Pinwheel helps certify that the Tree of Ages has acknowledged their presence. As such, the final conquest: destroy the Grim Comet, and Osamu Kirin himself as the foreign entity.

Ring in the final wave as Kirinmaru is dealt with everyone while the demon half-princesses prepare to time travel to the modern era. The Degenerate Age is coming, and it will require everyone's efforts, starting from Sesshomaru's mother and the Windmill of Time, and Osamu's time to bid safety for the demons in the modern era.
it seems based on next episode preview that sesshomaru mom will test them in the underworld like she did with sesshomaru in the final act
Jan 29, 2022 8:16 PM

Mar 2019
Absolutely loved to see how Rin acted this episode. The way she stands up elegantly and proudly say that Towa and Setsuna are the daughters of Sesshoumaru just made my happy. Mostly because I was for so long waiting for them to interact. Unforntunately, we will have to wait a bit longer to see the four of them interact normally, everytime they meet someone is at death's door.

Inuyasha fighting Kirinmaru makes me realize how power level actually works here. I thought Tessaiga was just overpowered, but in the end breaking Naraku was actually too easy it made Tessaiga look stronger than it is. Makes sense since Naraku was always looking for ways of getting new protection for himself.

So Tessaiga is extremely powerful against the oponent's barriers, but not that strong (still overall strong) against actual powerful enemies. Said that, is not that he used one of his strongest (if not the strongest) abilities. So we still don't know if Kirinmaru would actually be able to dodge it.

End is approaching as all characters are getting ready for the final fight. When I saw Sesshoumaru's mother from the preview last episode I was expecting her to be the one saving Towa's life, but in the end it was done so easily it was kinda underwhelming. By the way, was there a reason we don't know her name? Can't remember if there was an actual reason for it. I like her character a lot and it is kinda sad she is just called "Sesshoumaru's mother". Well, not like Inu no Taishou is an actual name after all.

Wasn't expecting Kirin Osamu's personality. Thought he would be kinda evil but in the end he doesn't seem to be a bad guy. Something like Riku maybe?

Next episode more challenge for the main girls and apparently Towa/Setsuna will have their habilities tested. Meidoumaru seems to be a fun character.
Jan 29, 2022 8:32 PM
Nov 2015
im not expecting the story turn to this extremely danger .

now the future time is really in danger the demon is coming back.
Jan 30, 2022 1:44 AM

Feb 2019
Mannnn for any 90s baby who grew up with Inuyasha on adult swim, moroha sitting between kagome and Inuyasha with all 3 blushing and getting her a new bow was fucking amazing.

“Sesshomaru-Sama, it was for the best right?” From Rin got me too.

Miroku and Sango back in the fold.. we really heading to the end of this man I’m so sad. Don’t want this to end
Jan 30, 2022 3:46 AM

Mar 2021
This episode made many mistakes. First, we got a deus-ex-machina right at the start that makes the sacrifice from last episode worthless. Then we jump to every group at random, it's all over the place. No hugs. Not from Rin, not from Sango, no emotion played out, except the Hitting Hoshi Hard trope. Kirinmaru is now frightened by glowsticks. Must be Inuyashas unwashed hair that made him dodge the arrow.
But Inuyashas move was cool, hindering Kirinmaru pursuing his daughter and nieces.
Finally we get to see the same scene of Sesshoumarus mother that we saw in the last preview. That's cheap.

All in all, 2* again, the series gets worse and worse.
The Gods and Demons you fear and worship are as nothing to me!
Jan 30, 2022 10:25 AM
Oct 2020
TheOneSin7 said:
This episode made many mistakes. First, we got a deus-ex-machina right at the start that makes the sacrifice from last episode worthless. Then we jump to every group at random, it's all over the place. No hugs. Not from Rin, not from Sango, no emotion played out, except the Hitting Hoshi Hard trope. Kirinmaru is now frightened by glowsticks. Must be Inuyashas unwashed hair that made him dodge the arrow.
But Inuyashas move was cool, hindering Kirinmaru pursuing his daughter and nieces.
Finally we get to see the same scene of Sesshoumarus mother that we saw in the last preview. That's cheap.

All in all, 2* again, the series gets worse and worse.
there are 3 things. first sesshomaru mother VA was not in the episode cast list so it was ovious she wont speak in this episode or apear for long. now for towa while i agree with you about the cliffhanger i have to say that by showing akuru touching towa in the preview made it clear he will do it. now for rin this is my opinion but rin made good decision. she wanted to hug them but knew they had important mission to do right now and let them go and futfill it
Jan 30, 2022 12:58 PM

Mar 2021
Elior21 said:
there are 3 things. first sesshomaru mother VA was not in the episode cast list so it was ovious she wont speak in this episode or apear for long. now for towa while i agree with you about the cliffhanger i have to say that by showing akuru touching towa in the preview made it clear he will do it. now for rin this is my opinion but rin made good decision. she wanted to hug them but knew they had important mission to do right now and let them go and futfill it

Concerning Sesshoumarus Mother, it was spoilered that she would appear, but technically she didn't. It basically got recycled or carried over from a preview, that is what I find cheap. No effs given. The fans get stalled one further episode. And it was not that obvious, not everyone knows the VAs or pays attention.
Akaru healing Towa with whatever unexplained power that was (I mean, we got Haku und Kon now as a concept, along with demon power and holy power, but his has no explanation) is fine by itself, but it happeded right at the start of the episode! We left where Towa falls down and we start with her getting raised. Setsunas ressurrection was in the first episode of the season, but it was played out much longer, more intense and with a concept we were already familiar with, the use of Tenseiga.
On your last point: Rins part was good in itself, her struggle, letting go of her children. But in the overall story, Moroha got some hugs from Kagome. That's all. I miss some emotions from the characters. Not just sitting on a well and blushing one after another.
The Gods and Demons you fear and worship are as nothing to me!
Jan 30, 2022 3:01 PM
Original Denjin
Nov 2008
KANLen09 said:

Absolutely! that was very heartwarming, though I understand the pain that Rin was going through obviously. And am I mistaken, or did I see Sesshomaru make a little bit of a smile there at the end of that scene? And you have Mohora with Inuyasha and Kagome all together in the real world, and right by the Bone Eaters well nonetheless! And yes, time for the reminiscing and Inuyasha getting embarrassed like that? Ah yes, I see somethings really have changed!

And as you mentioned, that fight with the three of them against Kirinimaru was just gold! And then the three of them made an attack together, which was extra nice! and also you were right, Inuyasha acting like a father by telling Kirinimaru not to lay a hand on his daughter, using the Tetsuiga, that was awesome!

I also liked the Reunion between Miroku and Sango, with the kids nearby as well. I also understood why Sango slapped Miroku because it was Miroku that went on that thousand day training, thereby leaving Sango with the kids for all that time, only for Miroku to ask that question, which belittled the whole situation. I at least understood it anyway.

This series really made up for it’s initial faults with these past few episodes! And once again, I can’t wait for the next one!
Cosplay_JoeJan 30, 2022 3:07 PM
Jan 30, 2022 4:39 PM

Jun 2019
Isn't Sesshomaru's mother still bitter at Inu no Taisho (Sesshomaru and Inuyasha's father, the dog daiyoukai and Great General of the West) for cheating on her with Izayoi (Inuyasha's mother)? Or maybe she was never bitter about the philandering specifically and viewed it as his lordly privilege or something or other in line with traditional customs similar to various human nobility and royals, but was mad over it being with a lowly human.

I ask basically because I wonder if she's still a hardcore youkai/demon supremacist and will not warmly welcome and receive her granddaughters, but discriminate against them as filthy "mudbloods" for having a human mother.

But then, she coldly received even Sesshomaru in the episode where he had to travel to the underworld to save Rin in the original series, so maybe that's just how she is and where he gets it from.

The best scenes this episode were easily with the trio of the reunited family of Inuyasha, Kagome, and Moroha. Moroha is just like Inuyasha (moreso than like Kagome, at least in the visible, obvious ways), which is interesting to see in a female form. Love Moroha.

And I don't really understand, when you think about it, why Sango is living the way she is. What I mean is, if Miroku had to do 1,000 days of training at that monastery retreat in isolation, then she is just living by herself since her children are grown older now (old enough within the context of the 1500s) to be mostly out doing their own thing working as demon slayers. And that's almost three years from the training alone Miroku would not be home and apart from her.

What I'm surprised by in a way is why she/they chose to go back to Sango's old home in that village in the first place. The village was totally exterminated as an entity and annihilated to the last man, woman, and child - barren and lifeless, thanks to Naraku ordering an attack on it to wipe out Sango's family and all opposition to his consolidation of power. It was essentially like Oradour-sur-Glane, France in WWII and completely depopulated. There were only mass graves. Whenever they went back to visit in the original series for some specific purpose, it was so still and eerie there, like a tomb.

Now it doesn't appear anyone else is living in the village besides Sango and if her children or Miroku come back/stay for however long. So I just question why she chose that route. I know she was always very family-oriented and maybe doesn't want to abandon her ancestral home and thinks it's respectful of her father/parents and all the innocents killed to stay there. But I thought almost for sure she would have moved to Kaede's village near the well after the events of Inuyasha (the series).

Edit: As an aside, the only thing that was dumb was Kirinmaru slapping the backlash wave aside like swatting a fly. They've faced many a powerful opponent who were eviscerated by it and literally reduced to smithereens. There's no real reason to believe Kirinmaru is that much stronger than most or all of them. He's that much stronger, to an extreme comical level of disparity, than, for instance, Ryūkotsusei, the dragon daiyoukai who even Inu no Taisho couldn't kill? Please. That's just a classic example of series-specific nonsense.
WatchTillTandavaJan 30, 2022 5:37 PM
Jan 31, 2022 1:54 PM
Oct 2020
WatchTillTandava said:
Isn't Sesshomaru's mother still bitter at Inu no Taisho (Sesshomaru and Inuyasha's father, the dog daiyoukai and Great General of the West) for cheating on her with Izayoi (Inuyasha's mother)? Or maybe she was never bitter about the philandering specifically and viewed it as his lordly privilege or something or other in line with traditional customs similar to various human nobility and royals, but was mad over it being with a lowly human.

I ask basically because I wonder if she's still a hardcore youkai/demon supremacist and will not warmly welcome and receive her granddaughters, but discriminate against them as filthy "mudbloods" for having a human mother.

But then, she coldly received even Sesshomaru in the episode where he had to travel to the underworld to save Rin in the original series, so maybe that's just how she is and where he gets it from.

The best scenes this episode were easily with the trio of the reunited family of Inuyasha, Kagome, and Moroha. Moroha is just like Inuyasha (moreso than like Kagome, at least in the visible, obvious ways), which is interesting to see in a female form. Love Moroha.

And I don't really understand, when you think about it, why Sango is living the way she is. What I mean is, if Miroku had to do 1,000 days of training at that monastery retreat in isolation, then she is just living by herself since her children are grown older now (old enough within the context of the 1500s) to be mostly out doing their own thing working as demon slayers. And that's almost three years from the training alone Miroku would not be home and apart from her.

What I'm surprised by in a way is why she/they chose to go back to Sango's old home in that village in the first place. The village was totally exterminated as an entity and annihilated to the last man, woman, and child - barren and lifeless, thanks to Naraku ordering an attack on it to wipe out Sango's family and all opposition to his consolidation of power. It was essentially like Oradour-sur-Glane, France in WWII and completely depopulated. There were only mass graves. Whenever they went back to visit in the original series for some specific purpose, it was so still and eerie there, like a tomb.

Now it doesn't appear anyone else is living in the village besides Sango and if her children or Miroku come back/stay for however long. So I just question why she chose that route. I know she was always very family-oriented and maybe doesn't want to abandon her ancestral home and thinks it's respectful of her father/parents and all the innocents killed to stay there. But I thought almost for sure she would have moved to Kaede's village near the well after the events of Inuyasha (the series).

Edit: As an aside, the only thing that was dumb was Kirinmaru slapping the backlash wave aside like swatting a fly. They've faced many a powerful opponent who were eviscerated by it and literally reduced to smithereens. There's no real reason to believe Kirinmaru is that much stronger than most or all of them. He's that much stronger, to an extreme comical level of disparity, than, for instance, Ryūkotsusei, the dragon daiyoukai who even Inu no Taisho couldn't kill? Please. That's just a classic example of series-specific nonsense.
from the preview it seems inukimi (sehsumaru mother)) is a bit bitter but not angry enough to dwell on it we could see it in the final act when she said she said seshumaro just like his father, she didnt seemed sad or angry for cheat on her. she not the type to show emotion. also by the preview it seems she didnt changed much she still formal and talk about the matter at hand and not cling to the past
Jan 31, 2022 1:56 PM
Oct 2020
TheOneSin7 said:
Elior21 said:

Concerning Sesshoumarus Mother, it was spoilered that she would appear, but technically she didn't. It basically got recycled or carried over from a preview, that is what I find cheap. No effs given. The fans get stalled one further episode. And it was not that obvious, not everyone knows the VAs or pays attention.
Akaru healing Towa with whatever unexplained power that was (I mean, we got Haku und Kon now as a concept, along with demon power and holy power, but his has no explanation) is fine by itself, but it happeded right at the start of the episode! We left where Towa falls down and we start with her getting raised. Setsunas ressurrection was in the first episode of the season, but it was played out much longer, more intense and with a concept we were already familiar with, the use of Tenseiga.
On your last point: Rins part was good in itself, her struggle, letting go of her children. But in the overall story, Moroha got some hugs from Kagome. That's all. I miss some emotions from the characters. Not just sitting on a well and blushing one after another.
i just seen an interview with rumiko and she confirmed it going to be 4 cour show which means this is the last season. no suprise at all consider most of the plots has been wrapped up. only left is to beat kirinimaru and destroy the comet
Feb 2, 2022 10:19 AM

Dec 2013
I like how everything is finally falling into place, these episodes have been going full speed, what a difference from S1, and man, that bit with Moroha sitting with Kagome and Inuyasha is priceless, too sweet, it is nice they are taking it slow, showing affection but still with the weight and awkwardness of 14 years of being separated plus they are still in the middle of a battle.

They better not kill / have already killed Sesshomaru...
Feb 5, 2022 12:23 PM

Jul 2008
You know hugs don't take that long.....just saying....

The Inuyasha fight was definitely the highlight of the episode. He's back!!!!!!!!!!!1
Mar 27, 2022 8:13 AM

Oct 2017
Inuyasha, Kagome and Moroha family moment was sweet. Miroku never change lol and Sesshoumaru's mother makes an appearance after so long. Also great to see Inuyasha fight again after so long.
May 24, 2022 12:21 PM

Nov 2010
Inuyasha's family is so amusing to watch.

I was wondering why Miroku suddenly got slapped, he was being a lecher again. He really gets horny seeing Sango in that attire. hehe I didn't notice that until the after credit scene.
Feb 28, 2023 6:35 AM

Jan 2018
So Towa was revived by Akuru at the very beginning of the episode. That was a bit anti-climactic. But Ig they don't have enough time to do another subplot. I just think it would've made more sense if they had just used Tenseiga to revive her. It also could've been interesting if Sesshomaru's mother was the one to revive her granddaughter as one commenter predicted in the last episode's forum.

It was cute that Kagome gave Moroha a new bow. It was like a passing of the torch.

Man, it feels like it's been ages since Inuyasha fought in a battle. You can hear the VAs of Inuyasha and Kagome got old which I think gives them more character. It's been more than 20 years since they first voiced those characters in 2000. Goddamn.

Seems like the Yashahimes need to go back to the future to deal with the comet. And while they're there they might have to fight Kirinmaru as well.

Not a bad episode. But it has started to go downhill compared to the last couple of episodes which were straight bangers.
Apr 10, 2023 3:38 AM

Apr 2013
So Inuyasha deliberately does not use his strongest attack against Kirinmaru so he can escape. Great writing once again.
Mar 28, 4:29 AM

Jun 2020
The pacing has really stepped up the last few episodes and I'm all for it. It feels like Inuyasha The Final Act.

Kirinmaru vs Inuyasha, Kagome and Moroha. Inuyasha uses the Adamant Barrage and Backlash Wave, attacks that were both once trump cards against Naraku. Goes to show Kirinmaru is a force to be reckoned with.

I'm not sure if Kirinmaru has gotten stronger since the finale of the first season, or is simply unleashing more of his power. Or could be both.

Sango finally dons her demon slayer outfit again. I'm looking forward to seeing her and Miroku back in action.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi - Ni no Shou Episode 23 Discussion

tsubasalover - Mar 19, 2022

32 by RafaKojiro »»
Apr 10, 8:32 PM

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi - Ni no Shou Episode 22 Discussion

tsubasalover - Mar 12, 2022

19 by RafaKojiro »»
Apr 10, 8:04 PM

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi - Ni no Shou Episode 21 Discussion

tsubasalover - Mar 5, 2022

24 by RafaKojiro »»
Apr 6, 9:05 PM

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi - Ni no Shou Episode 20 Discussion

tsubasalover - Feb 26, 2022

20 by RafaKojiro »»
Apr 6, 8:56 PM

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi - Ni no Shou Episode 19 Discussion

tsubasalover - Feb 12, 2022

21 by RafaKojiro »»
Apr 6, 8:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.