Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 28, 2022 3:27 AM

Jul 2017
Everyone is safe, and systems are back online for communications between the central control room with Touya's uncle and where Touya and the others are. But Deegle System AI Twelve isn't fully online, and requiring everyone's help to commence normal operations. Nasa's Smart always gives results that Seven has predicted, and the "S" Pattern is rapidly eroding the station. Mina really got herself into the same situation as before, now on her own to survive after her own LoserTuber stint.

The situation is not going well wth Anshin being misidentified as part of terrorist group John Doe before the UN2 rescue ship arrives. With all format contact out of the way, they have to resort to old antique ways to interject hacking signals, and the comet spacewater is Seven resurrected going into Lunatic levels. It's only thank yo Dark that its able to change trajectory, but everything else is a lot more complex while remaining true to the Seven Poem prophecy.

Really had me there that Nasa was the perpetrator whom documented this from start to finish.
Jan 28, 2022 11:41 PM

Feb 2020
"Resistance is futile" said by a cube-shaped object. Nice Borg vibes.

Jan 30, 2022 2:35 PM
Feb 2012
It's clear where the inspiration came from for this part of the story. Lot's of similarities with a certain episode in the original Evangelion series.

Jan 31, 2022 9:51 PM

Jan 2009
lol using a comet or asteroid to kill half of humanity, Char of Gundam will be proud

so this quantum nanomachines called S Pattern evolve to reach technological singurality and created Ultron or the SkyNet

this Super AI wants to save humanity (the concept or idea) rather than the physical or biological form called humans lol guess the only way to save all biological humans now is to fuse with the S Pattern on each human and become a transhuman AI being too

Nasa is part of John Doe all along

ye this will definitely end in a supernatural way like Denno Coil did and first episode mention God so this Super AI might become God
Feb 3, 2022 9:59 AM
Jul 2018
That chief revelation was hilarious and Nasa is a part of Jofn Deo!!
I'm excited for next 2 episodes!!
Feb 9, 2022 12:26 PM

Feb 2012
It's very horrific that AI controlled "micromachines" humans built to do a simple task like harvesting comet water is doing something destructive because it's too dumb to tell a space hotel apart from a comet. In real-life discussions on the ethics of AI; most dangers arise not from malice but indifference; it doesn't know what it's doing is wrong.

Mina's streaming obsession has caused delays in the resuce of the children. She thinks the broadcast is more important than depleting oxygen and pressure. Those freaking bloodshot eyes, bless Kenichi Yoshida for these designs.

Haha that Star Trek reference! "Resistance is futile", so says the mini-Borg cube as it forcibly performs a Gattai on the mini-Death Star.

Speaking of Star Trek, this really reminds me of episodes where AI or Aliens misinterpret what is the being they are meeting. In the eyes of Second Seven, humans are not individuals but like cells of an individual. It treats throwing a comet at Earth is like removing a tumor or amputating a limb.

WHAT???? NASA WAS THE IMPOSTOR?????
Fortress_MaximusFeb 13, 2022 12:04 PM

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Mar 6, 2022 8:53 AM
Jul 2018
Wtf! Nasa is the impostor among us!
Apr 18, 2022 12:13 PM

Oct 2018
So Nasa was the sussy person all along. Even without Netflix's division of the parts into 6 episodes, the pacing here still feels weird. A lot of reveals this episode, the goals related to the AI just feels weird in a away with the idealist approach, in addition to the bizarre use of the background osts.
Jul 1, 2022 10:18 PM

Jun 2017
WOW, I should've know Nasa was sus, especially when she stopped the girl (i forgot her name) from stopping Mina from getting stuck.
Aug 20, 2022 11:19 PM
Feb 2022
i was really excited where this was going but now im not so sure. even the influencer crap i felt they were playing off well but this AI save humanity by destroying it plot is so damn cliche ugh

i hope this gets better. this is the first episode of the series i didnt like
Sep 10, 2022 10:01 PM
Jan 2020
This reminds me of OVA's trying to fit it all in 6 episodes, fuck Netflix with their idea of fitting it all in 6 episodes when it comes to Anime

Wasted potential
Nov 27, 2022 1:53 AM
Oct 2022
Gah! THe lady who was there to protecc the childrenw as the terrorist all along

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chikyuugai Shounen Shoujo Episode 1 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jan 28, 2022

25 by 0063873192871 »»
Apr 15, 4:59 PM

Poll: » Chikyuugai Shounen Shoujo Episode 6 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jan 28, 2022

33 by JVskunkape »»
Apr 5, 11:23 AM

Poll: » Chikyuugai Shounen Shoujo Episode 5 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jan 28, 2022

15 by BreakApart »»
Sep 21, 2023 11:43 AM

» Didn't watch it, but the opening Oarana...

Zoshlog - Mar 26, 2023

7 by yuckcrae »»
Mar 27, 2023 10:25 AM

Poll: » Chikyuugai Shounen Shoujo Episode 3 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jan 28, 2022

11 by Otaku-Shogun »»
Feb 12, 2023 3:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.