Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Jan 23, 2022 1:57 PM

Jul 2021
I didn't expect that Gabi would almost end all Eren and Zeke's plans, it was a big surprise.
As expected, Eren was tricking Zeke and wanting to use him for his true plan, but he didn't expect that Zeke was also tricking him.
It was a great episode, I'm looking forward to the next one.
asdasdsadad
Jan 23, 2022 2:02 PM

Aug 2019
After re-watching it with the official subs from CR, it's easily one of the best anime episodes I've seen. Omine absolutely knocked it out of the park.

With proper translations, the dialogue is top-drawer. OST choice was spot on with a mixture of old and new, and the transition to PATHs when Eren had his head caught was very creative.

There were also some great 2D shots this episode as well.

The 'Two Brothers' title was genius because it didn't just refer to Zeke and Eren, but Colt/Falco and Porco/Marcel as well. Attack on Titan with those parallels again.

The scene where Eren drops the baseball confirming that whilst he 'agreed' with Zeke's plan in principal, they weren't really on the same page, only for Eren to confirm that in PATHs. Great symbolism. Only for Zeke to then play 4D chess with Eren.

A lot to like about this episode, and sets the next couple of episodes up superbly. I just hope MAPPA give us more of that because Episode 3 did the manga justice and then some.
Jan 23, 2022 2:03 PM

Aug 2015
I LOVE THIS SHOW, I JUST CAN'T PUT IT INTO WORDS!!!!!!!!

This episode is an ∞/10 it's amazing.

Even though I know exactly how the manga goes, I am still so excited and surprised to see everything.
So happy to see it all animated!
#FreePalestine πŸ‡΅πŸ‡Έ
Jan 23, 2022 2:04 PM

Jul 2015
peak fiction ladies and gents
I’m SO excited for paths eren and beyond
Jan 23, 2022 2:05 PM
Dec 2019
I really loved this one!! Perfect ❀️
Jan 23, 2022 2:09 PM

Sep 2020
Danae said:
I literally have NO clue why MAPPA cut so many memory shards, but they still kept high school au and Reiner in the sauna, which wasn't even in the manga. What is the point of putting these in? Highschool au cannot be understood by anime onlies in the first place. There were plenty more important shards that didn't make it anyway. This is quite confusing and I see no reason why they'd do it if this wasn't Isayama's instruction. I'm not even an AOE hopechad, I fully believe the ending will be the same shit but... unless for trolling purposes what's the reason??

Other than that, this was a solid episode. I loved the memory shard sequence, it reminded me of Space Odyssey or something lol. Porco's ending was as goated as in the manga, his character conclusion was spectacular imo. Eren's beheading was also gruesome which was a pleasant surprise since I expected a censored mess.

Next episode shall be one of my top 3 chapters, peak fiction fr. I absolutely can't wait for it, I have such high hopes and I hope it will live up to them.

mappa adapted most of the memory shards and cut the irrelevant ones
Jan 23, 2022 2:13 PM

Jun 2013
Fantastic episode on all fronts. The visuals were incredible, especially that moment frozen time sequence that they did. The music was perfect, everything was perfect. Easy top 10 AoT episode.

Not to mention, the memory sequence was probably the most unique section of the entire show.

Also loved the title '2 brothers', and the resolutions we had in the stories of the several sets of brothers in the story, from Eren & Zeke, to Falco & Colt and Porco & Marcel.

Jan 23, 2022 2:13 PM
Dec 2020
adnan_ said:
SHITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT THE FUCK WHAT IS HAPPENING????? EREN DIED? BUT HE IS ALIVE? ZEKE IS OLD? BRO I DON'T GET A SINGLE FKING THING THE FK IS HAPPENING????????????

OSTs were absolute perfection

exactly my feelings!! I don't get a single thing right now.. is anyone able to explain it without manga spoilers or do we just have to wait for next episode?
Jan 23, 2022 2:18 PM
Apr 2020
KneelBeforeMe said:
MAQS said:

Nah it was in the manga too, just very very small.
so yeah no ludicrus AOE settle down guys.

remmember at most is a expanded ending ( and also the best choice)
Sure it was in the manga, but it makes literally no sense to include it in the anime as well as the sauna shot that wasn't in the manga. It brings nothing to the story when most events have been foreshadowed quite heavily prior to this. It might still be MAPPA adapting the manga 1:1 and fleshing out some scenes a bit more but it leaves the aoe door open.

Y’all are sniffing on that good copium, I thought Isayama made it obvious that AoT is set in a deterministic universe where everything is already set in stone. Just because some people didn’t like the ending doesn’t mean they will go with AOE, especially since the OP and ED foreshadow the ending a lot.
Jan 23, 2022 2:21 PM

Oct 2013
Marvelous episode. It's hard to move me in any way with anything, but this episode succeeded in it.

Great direction, pacing, art, flawless sakuga animation, awesome usage of various music to fitting the atmosphere of each scene...

Bravo, MAPPA!
✨Saint Seiya Club🌠
Jan 23, 2022 2:22 PM
Nov 2019
It's nice seeing this fandom actually come together for once and agree wholeheartedly that this episode, was without a doubt, a certified classic. Won't last long unfortunately tho, so I'm enjoying it while I can
Jan 23, 2022 2:31 PM

Sep 2016
KneelBeforeMe said:
Vampire_Lord said:
The episode was so slow paced, hope they'll not keep dragging in the next one. Also Gabi is so irritating as always.
Slow paced? it adapted 1.3 chapters. Pacing was perfect for once.

I imagine they were talking about the 2 minutes of flashback that wasn't in ch 120. Probably used to fill in their timeslot
Jan 23, 2022 2:33 PM

Mar 2021
HOLY FUCKING SHIT I WAS JUMPING THE WHOLE TIMEE!!!!! WHAT A ROLLERCOASTER GODDAMN!!!!

Glorious Zeke scream, Falco and Colt hugging in their last moments :(, RIP NEIL, RIP PIXIS (at least he had a drink in his last moments), REINER MIGHT ACTUALLY DIE???

OMFG PORCO SACRIFICES HIMSELF??? AND HOLY SHITT, his final sentence is just SO BADASS. WENT OUT LIKE A CHAD. NOW FALCO HAS THE JAW TITAN!?!?!!??!

FAZE GABI GODD DAMNNNNN EREN'S HEAD IS FLYING OH MY GOD FOR REAL BUT ZEKE CATCHES IT (my heart stopped at this point)

HOLY FUCKING HELL WHAT IS GOING ON??? MEMORIES??? THIS ANIMATION IS GODLY JUST WHAT THE HELL IS IT SHOWING ME????

...paths you say? PATHS?? WE ARE FINALLY HERE!??!?!?!? OH MY

YES YES YES YES YES FINALLY!!!! EREN SAID THE TRUTH TO ZEKE!!! YESSSSSSS!!!!! FUCK THAT PLAN, EREN WILL NEVER AGREE TO SOMETHING LIKE THAT!!! WHY???

BECAUSE

HE

WAS

BORN

INTO

THIS

WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BUT WAIT. WHAT. WHY DID FOUNDER YMIR JUST IGNORE EREN... YOU'RE TELLING ME ZEKE ISN'T BOUND BY THE WAR RENOUNCING VOW???? GODDAMN THAT MAKES SO MUCH SENCE OMFG.

But hold on... why is Founder Ymir a slave to the royals anyway... isn't she supposed to be..idk..above them? How is she alive anyway?

And I got no idea how Eren will... reverse his beheading... if he returns to his real body or whatever. So many mysteries

And despite that, dispite all that. Zeke still wants to save Eren. What a great brother.

And holy shit, what an INSANE cliffhanger. THEY FINALLY TOUCHED. THEY FINALLY ACTIVATED THE FOUNDING TITAN'S POWER. BUT WE DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT COMMAND THEY CHOSE. HOW THE F AM I SUPPOSED TO HOLD ON UNTIL NEXT SUNDAY WITH THAT CLIFFHANGER. GOD DAMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Impeccable episode. Wonderful adaptation MAPPA. And manga readers say the next one is even more insane. My head hurts...
AbsoluteCinemaJan 23, 2022 2:41 PM

Jan 23, 2022 2:34 PM

Aug 2021
This type of episode is what I love.
What an incredible episode, it played on my nerves and I was left in shock. Zeke never cared about Falco, and Eren didn't want Zeke's plan to be implemented in the first place. It's really an unbelievable episode.

This episode's soundtrack is the best music from Mappa until now...

Jan 23, 2022 2:37 PM
Oct 2013
Great episode!!!
Jan 23, 2022 2:37 PM

Apr 2021
I don’t think I have shouted at my laptop screen so much in my life!
Incredible episode!
One tiny detail I really queued into was when Reiner had Eren’s Titan form in a neck hold and as Zeke was about to yell to activate the spinal fluid, Eren reached out and gasped as if he wanted to prevent it - this was the first nod to his outlook being opposed to his brother’s!!! I know it was so small, but I really enjoyed that!
The Paths sequence was intense - cannot wait to see the next episode!
Jan 23, 2022 2:38 PM

Sep 2016
Fax001s said:
I have some issues with the episode such as the pacing of some scenes and Eren weird looking face in Paths but other than that it was incredible and next week people will lose their minds.

Paths Eren has DSL
Jan 23, 2022 2:39 PM

Aug 2013
THAT WAS INSANE WHAT THE FUCK

Also goth Mikasa. Perfect.
Jan 23, 2022 2:39 PM

Feb 2021
There's a lot on my mind to say about this episode. A lot of positive ones and a bit of not really necessary complains about some dull faces Eren made when he went in the path with Zeke...

The whole build up to this episode was beyond amazing. They hugely improved the animation, coloring, OG aot tracks, new sad music and much more. The paths looked extraordinarily amazing! Oh and also those constant stop motion and showcase of the chaos happening in Shiganshina were really good.

Poor Falco and his brother. Poor Pixis and everyone who drank the wine. Porco's face was in half dude wtf. And the worst part is that Reiner saw all of that :/ Reiner suffered a lot already and he accepted his fate but Porco didn't want to go down like that.

One of the best episodes so far. I really do hope those next few episodes are more hype and beautifully done!
Jan 23, 2022 2:40 PM

Jan 2021
What an amazing episode especially the visual scene capturing everything that was happening from the moment Eren’s head got shot off till the scene where they meet Yimir
Jan 23, 2022 2:41 PM

Oct 2020
Great episode all around, loved the soundtrack choices as well. MAPPA really ramped it up this season.
Jan 23, 2022 2:52 PM

Jul 2019
Taltibalti said:
Fax001s said:
I have some issues with the episode such as the pacing of some scenes and Eren weird looking face in Paths but other than that it was incredible and next week people will lose their minds.

Paths Eren has DSL

Lmao, they did him dirty compared to the manga panel, thank god in the preview he looked fine, obviously they can't mess up his face during
scene.
Jan 23, 2022 2:53 PM
Nov 2008
Gabi is a fucking subhuman. So is Ryner and other traitors, but she's one of the worst manga characters ever made.
Jan 23, 2022 2:55 PM
Dec 2019
Zeke's plan finally being set into motion but Eren isn't going along with it. An epic clash ensues. Also, RIP Porco, he went out to save poor little falco.
Jan 23, 2022 3:01 PM

Jan 2015
Episode was perfect. The name "Two brothers" hits so hard. Colt-Falco, Porco-Marcell, Eren-Zeke. HOLLLYYYY SHIT watching the episode and thinking about all these brothers fighting/dying for each other was amazing.
BinaryFinaryJan 23, 2022 3:05 PM
Jan 23, 2022 3:15 PM
Nov 2020
This episode had my mouth straight lookin like a O the entire, so much stuff happened at the same time that mappa made look insane. Deffo one of the sickest eps so far
Jan 23, 2022 3:16 PM

Aug 2018
AHHHHHHHHH!!!
That was a great chapter!!!!
Jan 23, 2022 3:18 PM
May 2019
Today's episode is EPIC
Jan 23, 2022 3:21 PM

Nov 2020
They did this episode perfectly I was shaking the whole time wtf...
Jan 23, 2022 3:25 PM
Nov 2019
Such a wild-ass ride from start to finish. Zeke screaming and turning people to titans, Porco sacrificing himself for Falco by letting himself be eaten, and Gabi sniping Eren's fucking head off only for Zeke to catch him and commencing their plan. Then everything in that other realm which I don't even fully understand.

I do like how the episode's title, Two Brothers, can be apply to at least 3 different pairs.
Jan 23, 2022 3:26 PM

Nov 2019
Punkuin said:
Sound Direction was decent, but the obnoxious pans and (moving) stills were disappointing.

Best part of the episode for me
Jan 23, 2022 3:27 PM
Dec 2021
fantastic episode. Greninja.
Jan 23, 2022 3:28 PM

Jan 2018
Absolutely incredible!! Mappa disappointed me so far, but this episode was insane. Respect for this amazing adaptation!
Jan 23, 2022 3:32 PM

Sep 2020
Fax001s said:
Taltibalti said:

Paths Eren has DSL

Lmao, they did him dirty compared to the manga panel, thank god in the preview he looked fine, obviously they can't mess up his face during
scene.

funny how you guys are talking shit about a frame that was drawn by the character designer himself
Jan 23, 2022 3:38 PM

May 2015
A lot of things happened in this episode but it never felt rushed at all as if the events seemed to flow naturally one after the another. I'm literally in awe on how MAPPA's team nailed this one, with props to Omine's direction. This, so far, is the best handled episode to date. I hope this keeps up.

Also, MAPPA better be giving Omine a directorial debut already after this.

Those with dirty minds will find my Steam pic offensive
Jan 23, 2022 3:42 PM

Jul 2019
Zprotu said:
Fax001s said:

scene.

funny how you guys are talking shit about a frame that was drawn by the character designer himself

Oh, i didn't know that, but even then what's wrong with pointing out a weird frame? lmao
Jan 23, 2022 3:43 PM
Dec 2020
10/10 easily
Peak Fiction just that!
Jan 23, 2022 3:43 PM
Jul 2020
WTH i am a manga reader but still felt surprised? THAT WAS AMAZING TOTALY but also sad since we said goodbye to characters that we ve known since the begining and others that we ve only known recently
Jan 23, 2022 3:50 PM

Sep 2020
This might be my new favorite episode in Attack on Titan, every second of it was intense. I loved the part where the memories flashed by in such a cool way, the key swinging to transition into another one was super cool. Also goth Mikasa and nerd Armin from the high school au were in them?? I hope that's a little hint we'll get an adaption of that au after Attack on Titan ends, I'm sure we won't but I'd love to see all of that animated lol.

I'm so excited to see the founding titan get animated in the next episode, the next episodes are going to be just as intense as this one.
Jan 23, 2022 3:57 PM
May 2021
This episode go hard man
Jan 23, 2022 3:59 PM
Oct 2021
The small bit of character development that Gabi finally managed to obtain was wooshed into nonexistence real fast this episode!
It sucks when there's a character like her who's purely a plot device that could be replaced by pretty much other character in the area.

I kinda feel bad for Yeke, being betrayed by your brother must exponentially suck.
Jan 2011
Everyone give the episode praises, well, me too actually, I really didn't enjoy the political and ideology part of this story, I came for the humans VS Titans and this episode is exactly that! I however need to ask: did anyone notice they tuned down the gore? Compared with season 1 or others, in this episode you see dead people just for a slip second, there is almost no blood (and when there is, is like pain, no sign it's comes from their body/wound, just there) or similar, with tons of convened covers like smoke or dust. Sure, it's not a One Punch Man season 1 vs season 2 level but still...
Psi18cJan 23, 2022 4:06 PM

Feb 2014
Damn the flashbacks and alternate paths during the beheading scene was epic. That was so cool to experience. Now we move on between the paths. After that finally we will get the RUMBLING!!!
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jan 23, 2022 4:00 PM
Aug 2020
HOLYU SHIT IM SO FUCKING HYPE RIGHT NOW/. THIS SHIT SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO EXIST ITS SOO GOOD
Jan 23, 2022 4:09 PM

Oct 2017
Awesome episode! MAPPA did a great job animating this.
Jan 23, 2022 4:13 PM
Oct 2021
God... What just i watch... What an episode... I feel like i'm dreaming watching this...
Jan 23, 2022 4:15 PM

May 2021
Didn't expect Mappa to step up their game for Aot, episode was better than the corresponding manga chapter(s) I'd say.
Jan 23, 2022 4:16 PM
Feb 2021
This was the greatest Attack on Titan episode I’ve ever seen. I just can’t believe how fucking well directed this episode was.
Jan 23, 2022 4:20 PM

Nov 2017
Omg I like when eren got headshot by gabi. Best eps so far.

Jan 23, 2022 4:21 PM
魔法少ε₯³

Nov 2020
deg said:
that Zeke scream to make Unlimited Titan Works, RIP Pixis

that Falco becoming the new Jaw Titan by eating Porco

that head shot of Gabi the master sniper lol its funny and its uncensored

that clever use of still frames mixing it with camera angles and movement making it look good somehow without sakuga

and the PATHS is here

ALL THIS. Especially the still frames and camera angles. That was superb. I personally hadn't been a fan of MAPPA's animation of AoT so far, but this episode was excellently executed. After last episode and this episode, I decided I love Gabi, so when I saw her in sniper mode, I was thrilled.

✧ο½₯゚: *✧ο½₯゚:* 𝐼𝒻 π’Άπ“ƒπ“Žπ‘œπ“ƒπ‘’ 𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇 π“‰π‘’π“π“π“ˆ 𝓂𝑒 𝒾𝓉’π“ˆ 𝒢 π“‚π’Ύπ“ˆπ“‰π’Άπ“€π‘’ π“‰π‘œ 𝒽𝒢𝓋𝑒 π’½π‘œπ“…π‘’,
π“Œπ‘’π“π“ 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓃, 𝐼’𝓁𝓁 π’Ώπ“Šπ“ˆπ“‰ 𝓉𝑒𝓁𝓁 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓂 π“‰π’½π‘’π“Ž’𝓇𝑒 π“Œπ“‡π‘œπ“ƒπ‘”. *:ο½₯゚✧*:ο½₯゚✧
πšπšŽπš•πš’πšŸπšŽπš›πš’πšŽπšœ
πš—πšŽπš πšœπš•πšŽπšπšπšŽπš›πšœ
Pages (11) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Apr 3, 2022

539 by RemusR1 »»
Apr 25, 10:31 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 20, 2022

430 by phantom346 »»
Apr 18, 5:21 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 13, 2022

416 by goral »»
Apr 14, 4:43 AM

» Falco said something in episode 1 of part 1 which I didn't get the reference of

_karan_123 - Feb 9, 2022

27 by manish_2 »»
Mar 28, 7:47 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 6, 2022

301 by Apreggi »»
Mar 25, 9:13 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.