Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 22, 2022 1:00 AM

Nov 2007
tsubasaloverJan 22, 2022 1:48 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jan 22, 2022 3:38 AM
Oct 2020
finally inuyasha and kagome are free i glad the episode title was misleading and it wasn't just the girls getting out. siriously rin and sheshumaro family cant get a break now it towa who on the verge of dying
Jan 22, 2022 5:02 AM
Jun 2021
Best scene! Inuyasha, Kagome and Shippo-chan!!!!! I love how they pull tenseiga together. Finally, Sesshomaru's family had a some kind of reunion. Next episode will have some scenes of grandma as well. Wait to see!
Jan 22, 2022 6:02 AM

Jul 2017
Kirinmaru has already set his sights on the world, both the Warring Factions and the modern world, let's put the plot here.

As for the resonation between families, all 3 daughters' calling of Sesshomaru's Tenseiga with the help of Inuyasha's Tessaiga brought all of them out of the Black Pearl through Gozu and Mezu's gate with much difficulty, goes to show the strong bond of connections.

Sesshomaru unfortunately isn't getting any better, and Shippo being forced to transport them all to the Tree of Ages at the Bone Eater's Well tested the limits of his fox magic. Their side the family are also all reunited, but saving him from Kirinmaru's demonic energy is first and foremost...and with the side effect from the Kyuyokon, one trades for another, which sees Towa transferred the same circumstance from their father.

Gyokuta and Kin-u sure missed Shippo, and so is the OG cast. Looking forward to see the Black Hiraikotsu in action.

There is only one motive left: save Towa from her impending death.
Jan 22, 2022 6:23 AM
Oct 2016
Inuyasha and Kagome are finally free of that black pearl. Towa did the impossible of raising the sword so the gate would open and they could all go help Sesshomaru. As fun as it was seeing Moroha bonding with her parents after so long time really was of the essence. Very heartwarming moment seeing the Moroha and Setsuna help Towa lift the sword and get them out there. These three girls have been through so much together of course they'd help one another in a time like this. Kagome and Inuyasha supporting them right there too. Having more of Shippo and Takechiyo this episode was fun too, added some levity between all the tense scenes. Those two are a duo I didn't know I needed to see more of. Takechiyo looks up to Shippo now I suppose after seeing all that useful fox magic. Going to get help with the black pearl from Sango so they can get everyone out. Leading to that crazy end scene with Towa being dragged to Sesshomaru by the sword so she can heal him with it. Take away the demon energy that Kirinmaru stuck to him. Which she does even at her own detriment and even after Sesshomaru tells Towa to stop or it will kill her instead. This family going through a lot right now.
Jan 22, 2022 7:08 AM

Dec 2013
These past few episodes have been great, S2 as a whole has been super fun, poor Shippo has been having to work overtime making up for the time he was on screen haha, Moroha was super sweet putting the black pearl on the shell, she is the best, I still feel pretty sad about how are they going to make up for the time lost of the three girls (specially Moroha) with their parents.
Jan 22, 2022 9:05 AM

Jun 2019
I laughed. I cried.

One of the surprisingly funniest episodes to date (even including the original series) and so heartfelt. I couldn't stifle a chuckle and then another, one after the other, when Inuyasha indignantly declared he was tired of looking at his father's grave! After all this time, I realized there is meaning in every step they take. Generally Inuyasha, Kagome, Sesshomaru, and even Sango as representatives of the "old guard", older generation seem like more like giants and legends passed down by stories and word of mouth to the trio of girls than initially approachable figures.

I'm reminded how earlier in the series I believe Setsuna and Towa both just referred to Sesshomaru, their father, as Sesshomaru by name and even questioned and were rather stupefied by their connection to him, as if as this great powerful wandering daiyoukai he was this alien figure or deity rather than someone down to Earth they could approach or relate to, even if technically related by blood.

Has Jaken through this series, but especially in the second season, reminded anyone else of Rafiki's role and presence in The Lion King?

It's so bizarre in a way to see figures like Sesshomaru and Jaken who were first introduced very early in the original series as villains and so cold, calculating, explicitly anti-human, and with this very not only ruthless but even sinister and brutal otherwordly aura essentially being reduced to a vulnerable family in need and the lovable in-laws. It's been so long in the chronology of both Inuyasha (the original series) and Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi combined that they were really like that, that raw animal energy of fierce indiscriminate youkai before becoming more "domesticated" by family life (especially in this sequel series) that a lot of viewers probably no longer even truly remember what they were like or associate them with that image at all, but I do and I think it provides some tremendous growth and depth to these characters over time if you take both series combined. It feels like the events of the original series - especially the first season or so, might as well be ancient history as far away as Inu no Taisho and Lady Izayoi's time.

The only thing that still irks me as a continuity error is that clam shell containing the rouge makeup from Izayoi that Moroha keeps in her possession. Unless there was a duplicate or multiple ones, it was supposed to have been destroyed by Naraku when he snatched it from Kikyo and crushed it under his feet.
WatchTillTandavaJan 22, 2022 10:52 AM
Jan 22, 2022 9:58 AM

Feb 2019
Ok this was not what I was expecting at all. I thought Sesshomaru would die and towa would have to revive him not the other way around. Threw me for a loop there. Really tense episode today.

Kagome and and Inuyasha realising how nice moroha is was so funny lol.
Jan 22, 2022 12:53 PM
Nov 2019
Inuyasha and Kagome finally have freed from the black pearl and meet up with Shippo. Can't wait to see the original gang back together. Sango seems to be making a new weapon for herself, which is interesting. On another note, I felt Towa "dying' came out of nowhere. Not to mention we have Sesshomaru and Tenseiga right there to bring her back.
Jan 22, 2022 1:46 PM

Sep 2011
Wow, these last episodes are so great <3 It's so satisfying to see Moroha reunited Inuyasha and Kagome ;D BTW, I hope Towa isn't going to die.
Jan 22, 2022 6:54 PM
Original Denjin
Nov 2008
So finally, the 14 years of captivity in Inuyasha’s father‘s grave is over for Inuyasha and Kagome! Now they are reunited with Mohora in the real world, which is great, it’s awesome! And now Towa and Setsuna have a reunion of their own to have with THEIR parents. It was good, except for the fact that Towa didn’t heed Sesshomaru’s advice, and she collapsed. I’m sure she’s not dead, I’m sure of it.
Jan 22, 2022 7:09 PM
Mar 2015
They get back by having Towa summons Tenseiga to open the gate But Towa absorbed too much demon energy Looks like a job for the Lady
Jan 22, 2022 8:44 PM

Mar 2020
They are gonna meet Sesshoumaru's mom in the next ep?! Can't wait.
Jan 22, 2022 11:55 PM

Jun 2019
windyscar said:
They are gonna meet Sesshoumaru's mom in the next ep?! Can't wait.

She might have some role to play in the sense of being needed to revive Towa if Sesshomaru's Tenseiga can't do it for whatever reason. In the past, there were some stipulations and extenuating circumstances restricting use of the Tenseiga so it wasn't a perpetual get-out-of-jail-free card to make people immortal forever no matter what happened. One was that you can only be revived with it once (Sesshomaru's mother had to revive Rin in the past since it was already done once much earlier in the series). I don't know why she would be needed in this instance, but that might have something to do with it.

Or just to fill out more background information and lore involving Inu no Taisho and Kirinmaru and the time when they first clashed.
Jan 29, 2022 10:51 AM

Jul 2008
Everyone is now free, and no she's not dead. No one dies in Inuyasha without great pomp and circumstance.
Mar 27, 2022 8:12 AM

Oct 2017
Rin's reunion with her children were heartwarming. Inuyasha and Kagome are finally outside too. That cliffhanger at the end thou.
May 24, 2022 11:53 AM

Nov 2010
I'm really glad Inuyasha and Kagome are back in the game again. This show is never the same without Inuyasha around. lol
Feb 27, 2023 9:22 AM

Jan 2018
Damn, Towa pulling out the sword scene reminded me of early Inuyasha. That felt good.

It's been barely a minute since Inuyasha came back and he's already fighting with Shippo... Never change!

Miroku's daughters bugging Shippo so he could introduce them to a cute fox boy... Yup, they take after Miroku. Whereas Hisui takes after their mother Sango.
I'll be honest I watched this scene and some other clips with Moroha and her parents on YouTube while I was still watching Inuyasha. Still seeing them in the actual episode with all the context felt very satisfying.

Rin's reunion with her daughters should've been wholesome but it completely went to shit when Towa "died" to save her father. I still don't like Towa and she shouldn't have been the main character. But I still don't want her dying, especially not in front of Rin. Thankfully it's a guaranteed temporary death.

Seems like the next episode will have some more comedy. We just need Inuyasha and Kagome to reunite with Miroku and Sango now.
0451Feb 27, 2023 9:28 AM
Feb 28, 2023 6:43 AM

Jan 2018
WatchTillTandava said:
Has Jaken through this series, but especially in the second season, reminded anyone else of Rafiki's role and presence in The Lion King?

It's so bizarre in a way to see figures like Sesshomaru and Jaken who were first introduced very early in the original series as villains and so cold, calculating, explicitly anti-human, and with this very not only ruthless but even sinister and brutal otherwordly aura essentially being reduced to a vulnerable family in need and the lovable in-laws. It's been so long in the chronology of both Inuyasha (the original series) and Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi combined that they were really like that, that raw animal energy of fierce indiscriminate youkai before becoming more "domesticated" by family life (especially in this sequel series) that a lot of viewers probably no longer even truly remember what they were like or associate them with that image at all, but I do and I think it provides some tremendous growth and depth to these characters over time if you take both series combined. It feels like the events of the original series - especially the first season or so, might as well be ancient history as far away as Inu no Taisho and Lady Izayoi's time.

The only thing that still irks me as a continuity error is that clam shell containing the rouge makeup from Izayoi that Moroha keeps in her possession. Unless there was a duplicate or multiple ones, it was supposed to have been destroyed by Naraku when he snatched it from Kikyo and crushed it under his feet.
Sesshomaru and Jaken's growth in Inuyasha has to be my favorite in the series. They started off as bad guys who despised humans and half-demons but over the course of the whole series, they changed their entire outlook. Can't say the same about Koga. In the episode he first appeared in he didn't give a damn about human life and in the next couple of episodes he supposedly turned "good". No development or anything like that. It was a sudden change and felt very jarring. It didn't feel like he got any sort of redemption arc. I was just supposed to like him now for some reason. Even though all he did was get in the way of Inuyasha and Kagome in a half-baked love triangle. I'm sure you could tell by reading all this that I still hate Koga. And I'm really glad he's not in Yashahime.
Apr 9, 2023 3:41 AM

Apr 2013
Even if Towa dies, they can just get her back with Tenseiga.
Mar 28, 3:33 AM

Jun 2020
Inuyasha and Kagome are finally out of the black pearl after 14 years. And it's so nice to have Shippo back. He's more energetic than ever and really brings back even more of the spirit of Inuyasha.

Kirinmaru really did Sesshomaru dirty here. To think that the attack was meant for the daughters and not him.

Towa didn't even stop to think about what absorbing all that demon energy could do to her. Just went for it with no hesitation whatsoever and keeps going even when her father tells her to stop or she will die.

She is a true hero. But not really the smartest, unfortunately.
Mar 31, 9:31 PM
Jan 2012
much tension.
Liked,union powers Moroha,Towa and Setsuna.Very good,soundtrack,loved Dubbing of anime.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi - Ni no Shou Episode 23 Discussion

tsubasalover - Mar 19, 2022

32 by RafaKojiro »»
Apr 10, 8:32 PM

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi - Ni no Shou Episode 22 Discussion

tsubasalover - Mar 12, 2022

19 by RafaKojiro »»
Apr 10, 8:04 PM

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi - Ni no Shou Episode 21 Discussion

tsubasalover - Mar 5, 2022

24 by RafaKojiro »»
Apr 6, 9:05 PM

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi - Ni no Shou Episode 20 Discussion

tsubasalover - Feb 26, 2022

20 by RafaKojiro »»
Apr 6, 8:56 PM

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi - Ni no Shou Episode 19 Discussion

tsubasalover - Feb 12, 2022

21 by RafaKojiro »»
Apr 6, 8:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.