Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 7, 2010 3:23 AM

Sep 2007
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Say all with me : BIGGER IS NOT BETTER ! XD
But i think Gin is more suspicious than we think.
Taking the attack of Ichigo but without be really injured ...
Apr 7, 2010 5:53 AM

Mar 2009
Haven't seen the translation yet but if the spoilers are anything to go by, I'm not that impressed by Gin's bankai
Apr 7, 2010 6:30 AM
Jun 2009

So Gin's bankai is actually a 12 kilometer long sword? Isn't there a barrier around the fake Karakura town?
Apr 7, 2010 5:18 PM
Sep 2007
So much useless fucking talking, dam it.
Hi
Apr 7, 2010 5:21 PM

Jan 2010
Gin's bankai could have been a bit better.
Too much talking about nothing really tbh.
Apr 7, 2010 5:28 PM

Aug 2008
This was such a short little tease that I hesitate to comment on it. Gin's touting his length, so I'm sure Ichigo will counter with girth. "My sword is bigger & heavier!"
Apr 7, 2010 5:34 PM

Aug 2008
I expected it to be a little better but he still havent seen all of it. "God-Killing Spear" that is one hell of a badass name

Apr 7, 2010 5:35 PM

Sep 2007
It's about time we saw a bankai that's not ridiculously flashy. And zomg Gin opened his eyes.
Apr 7, 2010 5:59 PM

Aug 2008
real creepy vs assumed creepy, oh shit how is this gonna turn out.

ps: god dam no one piece is making me go crazy
Apr 7, 2010 6:02 PM
Sep 2008
Boooooring.... talking and provoking and then more talking
Apr 7, 2010 6:21 PM

Sep 2009
Chimasternmay said:
Apr 7, 2010 6:25 PM

Aug 2007
Chimasternmay said:
real creepy vs assumed creepy, oh shit how is this gonna turn out.

hahaha. same. but eh, surprised Gin took Ichigo's full attack. Also if these are the final fights I wonder if Ichigo's father is gonna die. I'm thinking of what's next to the story as well.
Apr 7, 2010 6:49 PM

Jan 2009
somehow I don't think a Bankai called Kami-Shin no-Yari would only elongate a bunch of kilometers, now that is impressive by itself but from Ichigo's blocking it the length only adds to range of attack not power, or maybe not, we'll see
Apr 7, 2010 6:51 PM

Jul 2008
The fight could have gone better but I like the fact that Gin's Bankai isn't too flashy. And omg he opened his eyes! I liked his comment about Ichigo going from amusing to creepy. Very funny!

Apr 7, 2010 7:13 PM

Aug 2009
it was ok
Apr 7, 2010 7:16 PM

Jul 2008
13km, eh? i guess that is somewhat impressive.
and ichigo is creepy? thats the kettle calling the teapot black!
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Apr 7, 2010 7:28 PM

Jan 2008
So, I said this in the discussion for chapter 398:

Panaru said:
Well goddamn, Isshin sent Aizen through a couple buildings with some kind of middle finger jesus beam. That's sexy as hell.

So...Gin's shikai is that his sword gets....really long. So perhaps his bankai makes his sword get....even longer!?

Oh, and Gin's gonna die. Or at least lose and be incapacitated for the rest of the arc. How else is Ichigo going to beat Aizen himself

Also, if Isshin dies before he can give Ichigo a proper explanation, I quit Bleach. And knowing Kubo Tite, this is what's going to happen:

Ichigo kills/incapacitates Gin, then right as he turns to Isshin to make some smart ass remark about beating his opponent before Isshin beat his, Aizen kills Isshin.

Ichigo's eyes get extremely fucking wide, then he goes berserk hollow form the way he did when he fought Ulquiorra and cut off Ishida's arm and fights Aizen, finally injuring him seriously.

But then Aizen pulls out some bullshit and blasts Ichigo back to his normal form. Then everyone pools their reiatsu and gives it to Ichigo and Ichigo uses a spirit bomb and wins.

...Yeah. You heard it here first.

Uhh...I was just JOKING, Kubo Tite. You didn't have to take me so seriously. Let's just pray the rest of my post doesn't come true. Ugh, what a waste of a bankai.
Apr 7, 2010 7:44 PM

Dec 2009
Well an interesting start to Ichigo Vs Gin. I really hope theres another special attack with Gin's Bankai which there probably will be
Apr 7, 2010 7:46 PM

Jul 2008
after putting up with only fight after fight after fight of which where all predictably won by ichigo,

i find out that my favourite character Gin's Bankai is utterly unimaginative... A longer sword? fuck.

this is ragequit material

Apr 7, 2010 7:56 PM
Jul 2008
Gin's bankai better have another effect... man.. 13km sword.. come on.. attacking from far away, is that all his bankai can do...
Apr 7, 2010 7:58 PM

Sep 2008
I have a new-found respect for Ichigo now that I know he's a poet.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 7, 2010 8:12 PM
Feb 2009
Ichigo's talk about knowing his opponent through battle is cool but Gin's bankai....a bit disappointing.
Apr 7, 2010 9:28 PM

Nov 2008
ZOMG Gin opened his eyes eye
Apr 7, 2010 9:55 PM

Dec 2008
I don't care what anybody says... This chapter was epic... We actually got to see Gin open one of his eye! lol

Damn, it's amazing how a chapter is gone to waste with useless dialog and predictable space hogging fight scenes.
Apr 7, 2010 10:36 PM

Sep 2008
DoubleD369 said:
ZOMG Gin opened his eyes eye
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 7, 2010 10:56 PM

Feb 2009
Mangastream's high quality scans really emphasizes the wastes in panels...
Apr 7, 2010 11:32 PM

Jan 2008
DX could. have. been. better... DX
Apr 7, 2010 11:43 PM

Mar 2009
Ok... so Gin's bankai is a spear that stretches 13 km. That's kinda crazy but I was expecting a better bankai. I'm waiting to see this battle in anime because Kubo's drawing style here doesn't quite show the power of the bankai imho. Can't really see where the spear is going, I dunno if it's only me or what

More talking again this chapter. And no clarification if there was a mistake or not from last week's chapter about Ichigo being a human and a... So I guess he's a human and shinigami
Apr 7, 2010 11:51 PM

Jul 2009
Gin's bankai just makes his sword as long as 13 km? Oh well...

Good chapter though I'm more interested in Isshin and Aizen's fight.
This is a signature.
Apr 8, 2010 12:08 AM

Apr 2009
too much fucking talking o_O

and you barely understand whats going on there -_-
Apr 8, 2010 12:45 AM

Oct 2008
Lol, creepy guy vs. an assumed creepy guy.

Let's see how that turns out.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Apr 8, 2010 12:48 AM

Apr 2009
Panaru said:
So, I said this in the discussion for chapter 398:

Panaru said:
Well goddamn, Isshin sent Aizen through a couple buildings with some kind of middle finger jesus beam. That's sexy as hell.

So...Gin's shikai is that his sword gets....really long. So perhaps his bankai makes his sword get....even longer!?

Oh, and Gin's gonna die. Or at least lose and be incapacitated for the rest of the arc. How else is Ichigo going to beat Aizen himself

Also, if Isshin dies before he can give Ichigo a proper explanation, I quit Bleach. And knowing Kubo Tite, this is what's going to happen:

Ichigo kills/incapacitates Gin, then right as he turns to Isshin to make some smart ass remark about beating his opponent before Isshin beat his, Aizen kills Isshin.

Ichigo's eyes get extremely fucking wide, then he goes berserk hollow form the way he did when he fought Ulquiorra and cut off Ishida's arm and fights Aizen, finally injuring him seriously.

But then Aizen pulls out some bullshit and blasts Ichigo back to his normal form. Then everyone pools their reiatsu and gives it to Ichigo and Ichigo uses a spirit bomb and wins.

...Yeah. You heard it here first.

Uhh...I was just JOKING, Kubo Tite. You didn't have to take me so seriously. Let's just pray the rest of my post doesn't come true. Ugh, what a waste of a bankai.

Please post something awesome in your next post, maybe Kubo will not troll us like this.
Apr 8, 2010 12:53 AM

Nov 2007
Well ... Gin's bankai was a let down, I mean sure being able to go 13 km out is amazing and all but that aside it's really disappointing =/
Apr 8, 2010 12:56 AM
Apr 2010
Seems like Gin's taken out the big gun, but not the biggest.
Apr 8, 2010 1:20 AM

May 2009
Talk about wasted pages...

You all gotta know Gin's bankai has more to it, for normal speed 13 Km would be quite a distance but with shunpo it's not very impressive. LOL at Gin only opening 1 eye, I guess it'll have to something really badass to get him to open both.

This Fairy Tale Is Ending
Apr 8, 2010 1:40 AM

Dec 2007
So much for an awesome bankai. I mean its kinda kool that his sword gets REALLY long but its just kinda meh. Not that I was expecting all that much in the first place. At least Gin opened an eye for like the second time and it seems like Ichigo is a poet....didn't see that coming.
Apr 8, 2010 2:19 AM

Jun 2007
Rocket launcher vs long sword is loooong

Who wins?
Really now >.>
Apr 8, 2010 2:23 AM

Sep 2009
Laaame chapter with a laaamer bankai, Kubo can make Bleach really good but he doesn't want that or he just can't.

This week feels empty without One Piece T_T
Apr 8, 2010 2:58 AM

Apr 2009
ichigo hurt him also without the mask..
so in the next chapter probably we will see them both with hollow mask
Apr 8, 2010 3:30 AM

Oct 2009
This quite exciting...
Apr 8, 2010 5:03 AM

Oct 2008
Completely dissappointed.

I was expecting a bit more than the sword getting longer!!
Apr 8, 2010 5:12 AM

Jun 2009
smokes said:
ichigo hurt him also without the mask..
so in the next chapter probably we will see them both with hollow mask

That would be great! Though we'll probably have to wait longer for something that awesome...

And also, Gin did not only open one eye:
psychoLISSIApr 8, 2010 5:49 AM
Apr 8, 2010 5:25 AM

Oct 2007
too much talk than action but still a decent chapter
Apr 8, 2010 5:44 AM

Oct 2008
Damn. One strike and he's bleeding.

Gin better use his mask. He's gonna die rather fast at this rate.
Apr 8, 2010 6:04 AM

Jun 2008
The lack of brain power that you people have it's amusing. Do you really believe his bankai is just what you saw? Gin hasn't shown anything yet.
For example if that 13km sword can turn and twist Gin can surround himself with his own sword while also attacking. Like making a protective cage around himself and use the tip to attack like a whip. It could destroy everything around him with crazy fast whip moves while having a perfect defense.

If you change a little the idea of the sword only being able to extend in a straight line and give it other abilities it can become very awesome.
It could even be able to slash through the ground and come out of any place around you. There are many ideas.
Hell Kubo may even not just change the way the sword operates or uses the 13km but he could even give Gin another completely different ability along with his sword while he is in bankai.

You guys are getting so easily trolled. No wonder Kubo loves trolling you.
Apr 8, 2010 6:42 AM

Jun 2007
Monad said:
The lack of brain power that you people have it's amusing. Do you really believe his bankai is just what you saw? Gin hasn't shown anything yet.
For example if that 13km sword can turn and twist Gin can surround himself with his own sword while also attacking. Like making a protective cage around himself and use the tip to attack like a whip. It could destroy everything around him with crazy fast whip moves while having a perfect defense.

If you change a little the idea of the sword only being able to extend in a straight line and give it other abilities it can become very awesome.
It could even be able to slash through the ground and come out of any place around you. There are many ideas.
Hell Kubo may even not just change the way the sword operates or uses the 13km but he could even give Gin another completely different ability along with his sword while he is in bankai.

That's real neat and all but I remember people saying the same thing when Soifon pulled out her rocket launcher bankai.
Apr 8, 2010 6:44 AM

Mar 2009
Looks like it's Gin's turn to talk. At least he says some informative things though.
Apr 8, 2010 7:05 AM

Jun 2008
mulderman said:
Monad said:

That's real neat and all but I remember people saying the same thing when Soifon pulled out her rocket launcher bankai.

You miss the way a storytellers mind work. During the whole story of Bleach Kubo never gave Soi-Fon much attention. He never build her to look like having more power than any other captain. The fight with Yoruichi clearly showed that she still has ways to go before reaching any close to the level of experience captains like Yoruichi.
Soi-Fon also is very new as a captain(only Hitsugaya is newer that her) with out Kubo leaving any innuendos of her being special or anything. He clearly showed that she reached her position because of her hard work.
There was no reason for people to believe that he will give Soi-Fon a power that will be more awesome that what the captains we already knew had.

On the other hand Gin was built by Kubo to be mysterious,dangerous,strange with big potential as a shinigami from the time he was a 13 year old. Kubo was leaving signs all the way that this guy must be one dangerous motherfucker with strange motives and unknown intentions. Hell he even makes Aizen who pawns everyone with his "just as plan" attitude look at him strangely.
To you really believe he wasted all that just to give him a lame power right now and let him be killed easily by Ichigo? If you leave inuentos about someone in a story is because you want him to have a role in it. He won't just let him be another in company of the espada that got pawn after showing his mediocre bankai.
Apr 8, 2010 7:07 AM

May 2009
ok gin has a very boring bankai
Apr 8, 2010 7:21 AM

Jun 2007
Monad said:
You miss the way a storytellers mind work. During the whole story of Bleach Kubo never gave Soi-Fon much attention. He never build her to look like having more power than any other captain. The fight with Yoruichi clearly showed that she still has ways to go before reaching any close to the level of experience captains like Yoruichi.
Soi-Fon also is very new as a captain(only Hitsugaya is newer that her) with out Kubo leaving any innuendos of her being special or anything. He clearly showed that she reached her position because of her hard work.
There was no reason for people to believe that he will give Soi-Fon a power that will be more awesome that what the captains we already knew had.

On the other hand Gin was built by Kubo to be mysterious,dangerous,strange with big potential as a shinigami from the time he was a 13 year old. Kubo was leaving signs all the way that this guy must be one dangerous motherfucker with strange motives and unknown intentions. Hell he even makes Aizen who pawns everyone with his "just as plan" attitude look at him strangely.
To you really believe he wasted all that just to give him a lame power right now and let him be killed easily by Ichigo? If you leave inuentos about someone in a story is because you want him to have a role in it. He won't just let him be another in company of the espada that got pawn after showing his mediocre bankai.

I know full well how a storyteller mind works. All I'm saying is that this is another one of those cases where Kubo could deliver, but without a doubt will fail to do so. Yea Gin's been one of the most interesting characters because we know next to nothing about him. But at this point do you honestly expect Kubo to give a satisfying answer to all this?

Tousen was another one of those cases. I was really expecting a good motivation etc and at least a clash worthy of one of the big 3 of Aizen's group. What we got was lackluster.

Before that we had the long anticipated entry of the Vizards. Which also turned out to be... lackluster.

Before that we had The Captains finally doing something in HM. And Kenpachi using "2 hands" is the best way to describe that mess. Lackluster.

You're completely right though. Gin is one of those cases where a good writer could turn the tables on his readers. Problem is... Kubo is not a good writer.

Now you're free to discard this as "you're only reading this series so you can bitch about it, and thus are totally missing the deeper layer Bleach has to offer" But we'll see how this works out in a few chapters.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 662 Discussion ( 1 2 )

animefan8800 - Feb 10, 2016

83 by LuffyHammock94 »»
Jun 10, 4:16 AM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 170 Discussion

rebwaters - Dec 21, 2009

4 by Chuckiemuffin »»
Jun 4, 2:54 AM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 350 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Darkreaper70 - Mar 19, 2009

146 by Mira_NH »»
May 31, 3:46 AM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 200 Discussion

rebwaters - Jan 11, 2010

4 by Dattebayo2992 »»
Apr 29, 9:48 AM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 60 Discussion

rebwaters - Oct 19, 2009

5 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 17, 6:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.