Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 18, 2021 2:07 AM

Nov 2007
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 18, 2021 3:25 AM
Oct 2016
I feel so bad for Towa. Seeing more of her past with the Higurashi family was sweet but also sad. She might've been in the modern world surrounded by people whom loved her but she still had deeply hidden pain. Not finding Setsuna after she was sent through the time portal really had an effect on her. Towa never forgave herself for not being able to find her little sister. Bullies in the modern world picking on her while Towa herself is forced to hold back because of her demon powers. I felt that, intentional or not, there's a bit of parallel to a young Clark Kent in that aspect. Sota and Moe did the best they could raising Towa as their own but I don't think it ever would've been enough unless Setsuna was there.

Zero using Towa grief and regret against her was very cruel as Riku said. Zero definitely wants to cut the daughters of Sesshomaru down to size over her own feelings. I don't blame Towa for becoming blinded by rage at the end of the episode, Zero is a cruel woman whom deserves nothing but pain. Sesshomaru himself realizing what's going on and sending Setsuna to try and break that red string of fate that connects Zero to Rin. That way Towa doesn't accidentally kill her own mother in the process. But there's something else Setsuna has to do before that thread can be broken.
Dec 18, 2021 7:27 AM

Jul 2017
Now we head back to Towa's situation of the Eternity Bug sucking her sorrows from Nanahoshi's miniature galaxy and Zero manipulating her sorrows culminated into a stage...and it's mostly stuff that we've already seen in Season 1, plus new scenes in the real world with the Higurashi Family. This presents more introspection of the Higurashi Family and Towa's time in the present world while trying to find Setsuna.

With all Rainbow Pearls on hand, Zero is just unstoppable to inflict sorrow as form of her utmost revenge against the half-demon princesses, especially Sesshomaru's daughters Towa and Setsuna. It only took until Rion and Riku's inclusion for Towa to go berserk just like Inuyasha

Clearly, Rin is seeing more of the effects of the Silver-Scale Curse because of Towa, which Sesshomaru hurries to Setsuna to request her to go to the Tree of Ages to save Rin's connections to Towa and sever Zero's red thread of fate.

The twist that both Towa and Zero must be saved, the irony though by that significant red thread of fate as Zero transforms into a full-fledged demon with the Rainbow Pearls, there's a lot to do for the 2nd half.
Dec 18, 2021 7:35 AM

Mar 2019
Such an intense episode!

Loving to see how the first season connects very well with what we saw this episode. Before, all we were shown was that Towa as some kind of yankee but had a lovely family. The impression we get from before is that, even though with some regret, Towa was living a happy life.

But now, we know that Towa was trying to force that happiness into herself, so she would be able to forget all the loneliness and regret she was feeling from being separate from her twin. Interesting to see how sensitive was Souta through all the process. He soon noticed that she was not from this era and not Kagome's daughter as well.

THE RAGE!
Being forced to remember all those hard moments while being able to see Setsuna's past made Towa feel even more loneliness and pain, resulting in her seeking for blood. Not gonna lie, I was pretty surprised on how fast that guy was killed, I thought he would show some resist but no.

Even though Zero is doing all she is doing, I think she has a past of loneliness and pain herself. Apparently she loved Inu no Taishou and hates Sesshoumaru. All I can think is that she felt in love for Taishou, but he ended up choosing Sesshoumaru's mother and Zero was left away alone. Yes, most of it is pure jealousy but that doesn't change the fact of being rejected by the one you love. Though, that doesn't mean you are allowed to cause pain to the guy's son and granddaughters as revenge...

All my speculation, could be a totally different reason as well.

Setsuna could cut the connection but was stopped by Rin. So that means Rin actually know Zero's pain (was she watching literally everything through the tree?) and want to free her heart before everything is settled. So now she has a mission of stopping Towa from killing Zero in order to save both hearts.

Next episode's preview kinda shocked me. Moroha holding the black pearl. That means now she has access to where Inuyasha and Kagome are. Guess after Towa, Setsuna and Zero's part of the story is done, we will have Moroha working to find a way to free her family. Not that Sesshoumaru has any other reason to keep them there after everything is over, though.
Dec 18, 2021 10:02 AM

Dec 2013
This show is so different to S1 and so much better, the plot actually is going somewhere, there is some story to follow and even the filler is enjoyable.
Dec 18, 2021 11:01 AM

Jun 2017
Welp I wasn't really a fan of the sad flashback for Towa since we already knew most of it.
I am not too happy about suddenly needing to save Zero either.
Dec 18, 2021 4:03 PM
Apr 2021
This episode was very epic, the story continues to get more and more interesting as it progresses. I hate seeing Towa get tormented like that, shits messed up leave the girl alone man. The story keeps getting more complex which I like, but I might need to go back and rewatch a few episodes from S1 because I’m forgetting some of the plot points. I’m forgetting what is it that Lady Zero regrets, which is a pretty damn big plot point I’m sure, I need to go back and refresh my memory.
Dec 18, 2021 4:06 PM

Jan 2008
I thought it was pretty funny how casually Kohaku just sliced that one green demon, like "you're already dead", before they were swarmed with sheer numbers.

Seeing all those different threads popping everywhere like laser beams around Setsuna was also pretty interesting...I wonder where they're all tied to.

Now that Setsuna can use her naginata's power somewhat and is able to cut the thread of fate...it would be all too easy if she had done so right away, to the point where we may as well roll credits and end it there for this arc, like "yay we saved our mother...now what, Moroha's parents?". While I dislike Zero (as well as Kirinmaru, but I digress) for trying to torment/kill the demon princesses since their early childhood because of the self-fulfilling prophecy of her brother's supposed death, I do think her character can be redeemed, as with her unrequited feelings of love for Sesshoumaru and Inuyasha's father, showing she is capable of loving and caring about another person and not just pure evil incarnate like other villains (i.e. Naraku). I have a little sympathy for her though (unlike Kirinmaru), when she doesn't value her own life, as she doesn't even mind dying so long as she make others suffer. I hope Rin's compassion even for her, can make Zero a better person.

Oh, a cliffhanger. Hello darkness, my old friend.

My curiosity is piqued now, with the black pearl Moroha has gotten in the preview...I thought Zero got all of her rainbow pearls back already.
Estoy_GordoDec 18, 2021 4:19 PM
Dec 18, 2021 6:39 PM

Feb 2019
The more the series goes on, the more I wanna see Zero brutally murdered she’s so Damn annoying
Dec 18, 2021 7:07 PM
Nov 2019
I'm not really sure why Rin stopped Setsuna from cutting the red string. Yeah I know she wants to "save" Zero as well but I don't see why that can't mean the string can't be cut. Aside from that I really liked this episode. I like how Towa's memories are all happy on the surface and that she keeps insisting that these are happy memories, but guilt over Setsuna is always on her mind. The scene with the demon slayers was fun as well, I love how the demons look at a group of men and asks which one of them is Sesshomaru's daughter.
Dec 19, 2021 9:54 AM
Jul 2016
MomoSinX said:
Welp I wasn't really a fan of the sad flashback for Towa since we already knew most of it.
I am not too happy about suddenly needing to save Zero either.

Wasn’t really a sudden need. If your fate is tied to someone else, its normally tied both ways.
Jan 8, 2022 12:18 PM

Jul 2008
God Towa is so easily manipulated.....she's still the naive person she has always been.
Apr 10, 2022 2:49 AM

May 2020
Seeing more of Towa's backstory endears her to me a lot more. It makes a lot more sense, as to why she's so attached to Setsuna.

Also Zero's plan is pretty evil, making Towa reveal her repressed pain and loneliness and then taking advantage of her ensuing rage to make her partially responsible for Rin's death.

Also, I'm kind of surprised that Sesshoumaru decided to help the demon slayers, I was fully expecting him to give Setsuna the message and then leave in a "Well, my job here is done, hope you survive Kohaku" type situation.
May 24, 2022 1:45 AM

Nov 2010
Yeah, without that silver pearl within her, Towa going into a rage was inevitable, even though there was nothing to rage about. None of those memories were tragic at all.
Aug 9, 2022 6:41 PM

Jul 2012
Lmao..
It funny for those who don't understand that the fact they showing us how the adrenoc***** extraction process right in front of our face 😅

Feb 25, 2023 11:45 PM

Jan 2018
A Place (Not) for Towa? What is this, Evangelion?

It was cool to see the modern-day again. It seems even with her loving family, Towa still felt alone without her sister. Meanwhile, her sister Setsuna lived with her new family and forgot all about Towa. Probably due to the trauma. So don't think Towa is to blame here.

Wonder how Setsuna will "save" Zero. She should be locked up or "sealed" indefinitely if she's not killed for her actions.
Apr 7, 2023 3:35 AM

Apr 2013
I don't get why Rin stopped Setsuna from cutting the thread. To stop her illness, they have to kill Zero. But they can only kill Zero, if Setsuna cut that thread first. So there's simply no disadvantage to cutting that thread, why would Rin stop Setsuna? Why does Rin give a shit about Zero anyway, she barely even knows her.
Mar 25, 8:55 PM
Jan 2012
very good screenplay.
Liked soundtrack. Good dramatic scenes.
Mar 26, 12:20 AM

Jun 2020
One of the best Yashahime episodes so far.

This manipulation of emotions is similar to what Kagome had to go through multiple times back in Inuyasha. When Naraku's plans put her in a situation where her heart was tested and had to overcome negative perceptions of her feelings towards Inuyasha and Kikyo.

This was good development for Towa as a character.

Of course, there is going to be more to this than just cutting the thread of fate and then killing Zero. Hopefully the pinwheel of time or whatever is fleshed out soon.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi - Ni no Shou Episode 23 Discussion

tsubasalover - Mar 19, 2022

32 by RafaKojiro »»
Apr 10, 8:32 PM

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi - Ni no Shou Episode 22 Discussion

tsubasalover - Mar 12, 2022

19 by RafaKojiro »»
Apr 10, 8:04 PM

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi - Ni no Shou Episode 21 Discussion

tsubasalover - Mar 5, 2022

24 by RafaKojiro »»
Apr 6, 9:05 PM

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi - Ni no Shou Episode 20 Discussion

tsubasalover - Feb 26, 2022

20 by RafaKojiro »»
Apr 6, 8:56 PM

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi - Ni no Shou Episode 19 Discussion

tsubasalover - Feb 12, 2022

21 by RafaKojiro »»
Apr 6, 8:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.