Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
K-ON!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Apr 6, 2010 8:19 PM

Apr 2009
Anyone else find it strange that people are already reviewing this based on the first episode, even though there's the possibility of a 27 episode season...?
Apr 6, 2010 8:20 PM

Jul 2008
ReaperEXE said:
Anyone else find it strange that people are already reviewing this based on the first episode, even though there's the possibility of a 27 episode season...?

Where did you hear of that many episodes? (Source?)

~~~

Edit: I thought it was a pretty good episode. The plans to get new members were hilarious, and the ED was nice. Is the girl in the cake Mio too?
Gar_LoganApr 6, 2010 8:46 PM
Apr 6, 2010 8:22 PM

Jun 2009
ReaperEXE said:

People like feeling special. And 27 episodes? please no.
GarLogan78 said:
ReaperEXE said:

Lrn2MAL

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=198078
Apr 6, 2010 8:22 PM

Apr 2009
GarLogan78 said:
ReaperEXE said:

Derp.
EDIT: Oh snap, ninja'd.
Apr 6, 2010 8:25 PM

Aug 2009
Maximatum99 said:
Animeluverz125 said:
I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE K-ON!!!!!! <3<3<3<3<3<3<3,3<3<3,3<3,3<3,3<3<3<3<3,3<3<3!!!!!~
I <3 Yui!~ I missed K-ON! so much, and now K-ON!! is here. (:
I loved it, hated nothing about it. What's there to hate about K-ON!! ?? :D

I lol'ed

-Hei- said:
I will only keep watching this piece of overrated shit for trolling purposes.

Glad to see you'll have wasted 200+ minutes of your life by the time this is over. But trolls do exist for reasons beyond human comprehension

Anyway, I didn't like the OP the first time I heard it but I repeated it about three times and started liking it. The ED was fine. Not as good as "don't say lazy" but it was fine. I wasn't really looking forward to this as I was "oh look, a season 2. Well, I enjoyed the first, This'll be a fun side trip."

Yui's solo at the beginning was effing amazing though.
Apr 6, 2010 8:34 PM

Apr 2009
Just asking here to be safe, but the CoalGuys subs are trollsubs right?

And if they are, are they actually funny?
Apr 6, 2010 8:36 PM

Aug 2008
Wasabi said:

This episode delivered the usual slice of life cake but the sugar in the tea wasn't as sweet as the first season. Maybe because I got used to the flavor? Or maybe it was the candy that killed the sweetness upon drinking the tea? Know what I mean?

You need one of those diabetes inducing Starbucks frappuccinos. But yeah, I'm not so OH BAH GAWD SO MOOEEEE this time around cause I already pretty much know what kind of reactions each girl would give every episode. What could slightly redeem it is if they actually played more music. More. The Yui solo in the beginning was nice and this show should include more of it. Although I hope they include some more down to earth rock songs instead of the same typical FUWA FUWA light hearted moe moe beats.

Ah, so that's what that feeling is. I knew I enjoyed it, but I didn't get the same "SO MOE!" out of it as Season 1.

Liked the OP & ED. But yes, they can not out due Season 1's OP & ED. Esp "Don't say Lazy". OP had an awesome beat...but the person *Yui I'm assuming* singing the lyrics...that fast...was so-so.

They should have worn maid outfits!!!! :(

Too bad no performance on Eps 1. I suppose that would be expecting too much.

Were CoalGuys release *That was 1 hour ago for me* actually troll subs?
They seemed...fine. Then again I wasn't paying all that much attention. But it seemed to match up...for you to at least to understand what was going on.

Jul 2008
ReaperEXE said:
GarLogan78 said:
ReaperEXE said:

Derp.
EDIT: Oh snap, ninja'd.

Sorry haha thanks for the link.

Nov 2008
Haylias said:

Unfortunately, it's clean subs. Darn! I wanted troll subs.
Apr 6, 2010 8:38 PM

Apr 2009
Maximatum99 said:
Haylias said:

Wait really? Well, alright then.

That is a genuine surprise.
Apr 6, 2010 8:41 PM
Aug 2009
Leaving my thoughts after watching the subbed version of the first episode.

After watching the first season about twice through, noticing small things here and there, i thought of few things.

if i recall, the first episode of season1 gave small glimps of main characters as pass-bys, before they were officially introduced. i personally thing they would be doing the same thing within the season 2.

if my guess is correct, the characters are already introduced to us in the first episode, just not officially yet :)

with all that aside,

episode was great, opening was funny to listen to and very original and cool.
ending was really nice interms of animation and character design. (as always)
i hope there are more music throughout the series.

OP and ED songs were enough for me to keep me listening to.

p.s. anyone else hear the difference in mugichan and sawakochans voices?
i feel like they used a different system of recording them or, the voice actresses changed maybe?
they both sounded more "low toned" from season 1.

it could just be my new headset though.

overall great episode, kept me laughing. cant wait til next week! :)
Apr 6, 2010 8:46 PM

Jan 2008
Well, Hidamari Sketch Hoshimittsu just ended, so I was pretty depressed. But with this first episode, my life has meaning again. I'm so fucking happy now.
Apr 6, 2010 8:47 PM
Jun 2009
Haylias said:
Maximatum99 said:
Haylias said:

Wait really? Well, alright then.

That is a genuine surprise.

Trollsubs are are still up on deadfrog.
Apr 6, 2010 8:52 PM

Jul 2009
I love this thread already! ^^
I think i'm gonna sit over there and watch the haters and fanboys battling each other out..
Apr 6, 2010 8:57 PM

Dec 2009
The episode was good, as expected.
The animation looks fine for me too.

And... Who is the girl in the ending? She is very beautiful O.o
Apr 6, 2010 9:01 PM

Feb 2008
The best part of the whole episode was Yui's solo at the beginning. That is all.
Apr 6, 2010 9:05 PM

Jul 2008
I loved it^^ the songs are great and it's worth the wait :D
Apr 6, 2010 9:14 PM

Jan 2009
OP: song's horrible. animation's good though
ED: pretty good, "dont' say lazy"'s better but they still got it. the weird-hair-mio hurts my eyes ><

and yes I noticed mugi's voice changed, her voice is lower. sawa's voice is lower as well. not that I mind, they don't talk much anyways. and it's not a drastic change.
Apr 6, 2010 9:18 PM
Jul 2009
This show is so easy to watch.
Apr 6, 2010 9:36 PM

Sep 2008
Same shit, different season.
Also, Fat legs are Faaaaaaaaaaaat.
Apr 6, 2010 9:43 PM

Jun 2009
mel said:
Same shit, different season.
Also, Fat legs are Faaaaaaaaaaaat.

Don't forget the malformed fingers.
Apr 6, 2010 10:08 PM

May 2008
even though it is rather slow, it has a similiar feel as the first ep from first season. It's light, humorous and cute - a nice introduction back to the series. Overall it's a pretty good episode
Apr 6, 2010 10:10 PM

Feb 2008
So easy to watch. Nothing really happens but the episode is over before you know it. Overall, just as good as the first season.
Apr 6, 2010 10:19 PM

Nov 2008
Arc_ said:

Trollsubs are are still up on deadfrog.
Thanks, bro. Those subs speaketh the truth along with all those conspiracies.

Edit: There's also Fuwa Subs.
Maximatum99Apr 6, 2010 10:35 PM
Apr 6, 2010 10:19 PM

Dec 2009
i think just from watching this i had my otaku orgasm, or seizure, or whatever

LOVED IT!!
Love & Piece

Apr 6, 2010 10:29 PM

Oct 2008
Wasabi said:
What could slightly redeem it is if they actually played more music. More. The Yui solo in the beginning was nice and this show should include more of it. Although I hope they include some more down to earth rock songs instead of the same typical FUWA FUWA light hearted moe moe beats.

That part in the beginning of the episode kind of bothered me and intrigued me at the same time because as much as I wanted to see more of stuff like that in K-ON, I then thought there's NO WAY KyoAni is gonna let this "Afternnon Tea Time" or whatever band be taken seriously. Especially now that I know exactly what to expect out of this show.

Though for some reason, Yui's facial expression pisses me off even more so *laughes* than last season. It's like, can't she show any other expression other than that same happy one?! I'm not expecting her to be so moody or anything, but it's like she had that very happy expression for more than half the episode! You might as well assume mask or something. On a separate note, the animal farm costume bit was kinda funny to me. It was weird though I could tell almost instantly who was who.
Apr 6, 2010 10:30 PM

May 2009
OP and ED of season 1 sure better =(

And first eps feels little boring although sometimes I laugh =p
Hope next eps gonna be better.

Moe virus coming back around the world!!
^^
Zutto Anime, Game, Manga!

Apr 6, 2010 10:53 PM

Nov 2007
F-on!! is back!

This time I am not watching for Mio, I think its more than enough for a season, rest of the characters (except ui) were brain tumors. particularly yui. enjoy your anime with no plot and random stupidity that doesnt make any sense.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Apr 6, 2010 10:55 PM

Apr 2008
Well, typical K-On. I guess I'm happy that it was more music oriented than I thought it would be (even though it still wasn't much). Very disappointed with the OP & ED. I enjoyed the ED more, but it doesn't even hold a candle to the first season's ED song. Guess I won't be putting a new song on my ipod like I expected to. =/
Apr 6, 2010 10:57 PM

Jul 2009
MOEEE~!
God, this anime makes me all warm and fuzzy!
K-ON FOREVER!!

Whoever watches this show and expects some ridiculous amazing plot, should go eat cake until they become fat(er).
KurogashiApr 6, 2010 11:00 PM
Apr 6, 2010 10:57 PM

Sep 2009
I enjoyed this. Another season of light, easy to watch K-ON.
Apr 6, 2010 11:05 PM
Apr 2008
I hope they didn't pump the whole season's budget into this one episode. The art seemed a little more on the polished side and the animation was a little more fluid than I remember.

But hey, it's K-On and it's back. Good times.
Apr 6, 2010 11:08 PM

Feb 2010
I'm so happy! I feel like doing a fan girl moment lol. The ending and opening was fine for me. They became seniors so quickly though, shouldn't they be Juniors? But yeah >< I'm glad that I get to see Ritzu again! <3 ;)
Apr 6, 2010 11:21 PM

Mar 2010
Loved it. The new opening was abit chipmonk-ish but I liked it, its very upbeat. Did they get an increased art budget this time around? The art seems more fluid.
Apr 6, 2010 11:31 PM

Oct 2009
lionheart168 said:
OP: song's horrible. animation's good though

What!? No way....the OP is perfect as it shows all the characters and their different features.
lionheart168 said:
ED: pretty good, "dont' say lazy"'s better but they still got it. the weird-hair-mio hurts my eyes ><
ED is more fresh but....it's not as good as OP though I swear I saw 2 Mios at one point.....the one with the cat ears is cute.
Fabrice said:
even though it is rather slow, it has a similiar feel as the first ep from first season. It's light, humorous and cute - a nice introduction back to the series. Overall it's a pretty good episode
I would say the screwed up with the concert they should have showed that instead of cutting it short...with more character talk...>_< I still think the concerts made it more epic in the first season.
Timare said:
I'm so happy! I feel like doing a fan girl moment lol. The ending and opening was fine for me. They became seniors so quickly though, shouldn't they be Juniors? But yeah >< I'm glad that I get to see Ritzu again! <3 ;)
Yeah Ritsu was good but why do I think they focused too much on Yui and Azusa more than the other characters. I am also happy especially since I just finished season 1.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Apr 6, 2010 11:34 PM

Apr 2009
Is it just me, or is this not really seeming as popular as the first K-ON! was on MAL? I mean, only 8k members and just over and hundred replies?

This is KyoAni, people. Goddamn.
Apr 6, 2010 11:35 PM

Feb 2008
God, I feel horrible about myself for watching (and liking) this.
Apr 6, 2010 11:45 PM

Oct 2009
-Hei- said:
Maximatum99 said:
So... did anyone catch Mio's twin sister?

Yes sir.

inb4retartedmiofancomment
Euh what? She has a twin sister? Yeah I did see that but I just though it was another girl.....
Wasabi said:
What could slightly redeem it is if they actually played more music. More. The Yui solo in the beginning was nice and this show should include more of it. Although I hope they include some more down to earth rock songs instead of the same typical FUWA FUWA light hearted moe moe beats.
Agree with Yui solo it was a good showing of how much more she is better than season 1 but I like you even more for mentioning more music less cute talking. That is exactly why they should have put more of that concert they did.
Wasabi said:
francismeunier said:
The crowd started this thread just for a countdown and they roaring! So who wants avatars and GIFs of this? Do I hear someone? Anyways it was good and too bad for you all but I just finished watching K-ON first season so this is the best for me! All memories intact!

It's not like you need to remember anything from the first season to watch the second. Barely anything happened in the first season and I doubt anything significant will happen in this season.

You are wrong....I find memorable the first character introductions and their struggle although it looked a little bit foolish but more because it was made too cute.
Wasabi said:
Yui should get rid of that hairclip. It makes her look like a little girl.
I agree with this though but not can't stand Yui's voice I have no problem with any voices of the series itself although Yui acts too much childish...does not reflect too much her mental age (no offense to Yui fans) just pointing out something.

Apr 6, 2010 11:51 PM

Apr 2009
francismeunier said:
I agree with this though but not can't stand Yui's voice I have no problem with any voices of the series itself although Yui acts too much childish...does not reflect too much her mental age (no offense to Yui fans) just pointing out something.

Yui is functionally retarded, it cannot be helped.
Apr 6, 2010 11:56 PM

Oct 2009
ReaperEXE said:
francismeunier said:

Rofl....yeah she looks like she acts like it.....maybe it is too much cute overdose on herself.....
And the GIFs are done! Grab any.....host them on your profile for characters you like....I will start later on avatars and other GIFs but I think I will link them to the club....someone send me mass invites to all K-ON clubs!Yui and Yui...second one will be a avatar later on=>
Character parts from OP....Yui=>
Mio=>
Ritsu=>
Tsumugi=>
Azusa=>
The only thing I found really good about the episode Yui solo and part of the concert.....also Sawako's piano playing during entrance ceremony...also the failed recruitment of the club.....mostly UFO club Oh yeah I have unlimited bandwidth so host the GIFs using that.

Apr 6, 2010 11:58 PM

Apr 2009
ReaperEXE said:
francismeunier said:

Not many retards can play that mean a powerchord.
Apr 7, 2010 12:02 AM

Apr 2009
Great episode. As expected from Kyo Ani.
OP & ED was good, but I still prefer the old OP & ED from season 1. Anyways good job~
Azu-nyan. adorable as always <3

"Free Falcon Punch for Everybody!"|Nani?|MCC Badge|
Apr 7, 2010 12:17 AM

Nov 2008
francismeunier said:
-Hei- said:
Maximatum99 said:

Yes sir.

Euh what? She has a twin sister? Yeah I did see that but I just though it was another girl...
I was joking.
Apr 7, 2010 12:21 AM

Oct 2009
Maximatum99 said:
francismeunier said:
-Hei- said:
Maximatum99 said:

Yes sir.

Euh what? She has a twin sister? Yeah I did see that but I just though it was another girl...
I was joking.

Damn <_< too bad...oh well.

Apr 7, 2010 12:21 AM

Apr 2009
Haylias said:
ReaperEXE said:
francismeunier said:

Not many retards can play that mean a powerchord.

That's why the word 'retarded' is preceded by the word 'functionally'. But hey, that's what passes for moe these days.
Apr 7, 2010 12:22 AM

May 2009
Heh, just like season 1, first episode is a bit on the slow side, so I expect the later episodes to make this season as good -- if not better -- than the first one.

Animation quality is quite an improvement and that's definitely a good thing.

OP is freakin' awesome. That will stick with me for quite some time. ED is okay music-wise, but not really my style. It looks good, though. New outfits are much better than the ones they wore in the first ED.

Interesting to see Yui taking her guitar skills even more seriously right from the start, even though she's still as hyper and forgetful as she was before.

One thing bothers me, though. If The main 4 are now third years and Azusa second year, shouldn't the color of their ties change to reflect that if they really need to make such a distinction?

Anyway, next episode should be even better than this one.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 7, 2010 12:23 AM

Jul 2008
Maximatum99 said:
francismeunier said:
-Hei- said:
Maximatum99 said:

Yes sir.

I was joking.

Haha,I did.Mannn, people these days have no imagination left.

Anyway, I like the second season xD I mean, it's the same girly-moe moe stuff but hey, you can't expect it to change from the first season so fast, duh.
I don't know if it follows the manga, I don't remember the chapters haha;;;;
And Yui isn't retarded : What, should I call Mio retarded too because she gets scared from metal music?
Anyway, let's see where this season leads now 8D
Apr 7, 2010 12:33 AM

Feb 2008
Pretty good episode. Was nice seeing all the girls again, especially Mio :3
The new OP and ED are also very good, though I prefer the first season ED (but I kinda prefer the animation of the 2nd season's).
Apr 7, 2010 12:43 AM

Sep 2007
francismeunier said:

You are wrong....I find memorable the first character introductions and their struggle although it looked a little bit foolish but more because it was made too cute.
Wasabi said:

Uh... what? Struggle? Are you sure we watched the same show here? Struggle in K-ON? There absolutely no struggle. It was just fluffy fuwa fuwa fun time. Every episode. Period.

How is Yui acting like a child not reflecting her mental age? Yui is pretty much that. A complete child. Her antics are that of a child. There are so very few moments where she actually does something that's not seemingly childish. Very few.
Apr 7, 2010 12:46 AM

Oct 2009
AO968 said:
One thing bothers me, though. If The main 4 are now third years and Azusa second year, shouldn't the color of their ties change to reflect that if they really need to make such a distinction?
I though the girls are in the 4th year because 1st and 2nd years have the same color and only those in high school have them like the girls do.
Wasabi said:
francismeunier said:

Wasabi said:

Wasabi said:
Uh... what? Struggle? Are you sure we watched the same show here? Struggle in K-ON? There absolutely no struggle. It was just fluffy fuwa fuwa fun time. Every episode. Period.

What about those emotional time with Azusa and Mio....yes we watched the same show maybe I forgot to add emotional to struggle.
Wasabi said:
How is Yui acting like a child not reflecting her mental age? Yui is pretty much that. A complete child. Her antics are that of a child. There are so very few moments where she actually does something that's not seemingly childish. Very few.
I don't think if she was a child she would even get in the school she is in......it proves she is not retarded to the point of a child just acts like it. Agree with the few moments part.
francismeunierApr 7, 2010 12:50 AM

Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » K-ON!! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

silentsc - Jun 22, 2010

156 by JohnZ_GGs »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » K-ON!! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Feka - Jun 15, 2010

152 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Yesterday, 5:35 AM

Poll: » K-ON!! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kowal - Jun 1, 2010

171 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Apr 24, 12:55 AM

Poll: » K-ON!! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Feka - May 25, 2010

148 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Apr 22, 2:34 AM

Poll: » K-ON!! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Feka - May 18, 2010

196 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Apr 19, 12:11 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.