Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 27, 2021 12:58 AM

Nov 2007
tsubasaloverNov 27, 2021 1:54 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 27, 2021 3:01 AM
Apr 2020
If even Hachi from OG Inuyasha can make an appearance in Yashahime, there's no excuse for Shippou not turning up at all. (and Shippou was a main cast member too!)
Nov 27, 2021 4:16 AM

Mar 2019
So now Setsuna seems to understand how her power works, and she indeed cut a lot to practice lol

Even though there wasn't much progress to the story, I liked how they used those last two episodes to develop her and now I'm curious to know what was that at the end... She felt her connection to Rin? Sesshoumaru? Maybe Kirinmaru was about to make another appearance? It could even be Akuru again... Damn it might be literally anyone.

Next two episodes will focus on Moroha and the connection of the raccoons to Inuyasha. And I was about to mention how they are trying to be less dependent on the OG cast in this season.

Seems to be split in two episodes to give time for the nostalgia flashbacks and mix it with the present. Maybe this time they will tell us what happened to Shippou. Wouldn't find it weird if he is somehow sealed. I mean, they did the same with Inuyasha (even though for him, we have the excuse of his weapon being overpowered).

Considering Ep 10 and 11 will be about Moroha, does that mean this show will be 2-cour again? I mean, we don't even know what Zero is plotting and last week I mentioned that we barely know anything about Kirin Osamu other than he is part of Kirinmaru. Can't see they finishing this story in two more episodes (if it happens to have 13). Can totally see them ending in EP12 after Moroha's mini-arc with a big cliffhanger (just like S1).

So either it will have 24 episodes, or a third season might come next year. Honestly, I would rather have the latter, since more time to develop may result in higher quality. I mean, this season is already better than the first. If they manage to step up for a potential third one, it might reach the level of OG Inuyasha. The overall quality is getting better in those last few episodes after all (just my opinion).
Nov 27, 2021 4:31 AM
Nov 2019
The second season is miles better than its predecessor. Episode 9 felt like it only had a 5-minute run.
Nov 27, 2021 5:31 AM
Oct 2016
Heavy Setsuna focus with this episode as she wraps up her assignment in this remote village. We got quick little moments checking in with Towa and Moroha, the former already done with her business and spending time with Riku and Rion, the latter sleeping off using her rouge while Takechiyo grumbles. But the main content of the episode being based around Setsuna uncovering the truth in thus village. Why the flame bulls are attacking this prosperous place. Well their prosperity being the exact reason for the attacks. The old local deity wanting his revenge on the village for what happened those years ago. The backstory was really sad, but I'm glad he discovered the truth once Setsuna cut the thread connecting the deity to that grain blessing. Might be a peek into whay Setsuna can do later with weapon of hers. Looks like next we have the big battle with Moroha being a two parter, along with another tale from the past with the original gang.
Nov 27, 2021 5:33 AM
Oct 2016
Hayuume said:
So now Setsuna seems to understand how her power works, and she indeed cut a lot to practice lol

Even though there wasn't much progress to the story, I liked how they used those last two episodes to develop her and now I'm curious to know what was that at the end... She felt her connection to Rin? Sesshoumaru? Maybe Kirinmaru was about to make another appearance? It could even be Akuru again... Damn it might be literally anyone.

Next two episodes will focus on Moroha and the connection of the raccoons to Inuyasha. And I was about to mention how they are trying to be less dependent on the OG cast in this season.

Seems to be split in two episodes to give time for the nostalgia flashbacks and mix it with the present. Maybe this time they will tell us what happened to Shippou. Wouldn't find it weird if he is somehow sealed. I mean, they did the same with Inuyasha (even though for him, we have the excuse of his weapon being overpowered).

Considering Ep 10 and 11 will be about Moroha, does that mean this show will be 2-cour again? I mean, we don't even know what Zero is plotting and last week I mentioned that we barely know anything about Kirin Osamu other than he is part of Kirinmaru. Can't see they finishing this story in two more episodes (if it happens to have 13). Can totally see them ending in EP12 after Moroha's mini-arc with a big cliffhanger (just like S1).

So either it will have 24 episodes, or a third season might come next year. Honestly, I would rather have the latter, since more time to develop may result in higher quality. I mean, this season is already better than the first. If they manage to step up for a potential third one, it might reach the level of OG Inuyasha. The overall quality is getting better in those last few episodes after all (just my opinion).

It will definitely be 24 episodes again, the time slot this airs in, same one as MHA, requires the shows be two cour.
Nov 27, 2021 6:55 AM

Mar 2019
Dukino said:
It will definitely be 24 episodes again, the time slot this airs in, same one as MHA, requires the shows be two cour.

I see, hope that doesn't mean quality drop as the season follows. Second Season is definitely better than the first and that would be a shame.

Said that, first season got better in its final episodes, so I would be pretty happy if instead of a drop, they actually improve to have a nice finale (unless they are planning to make it even longer, which I don't think they are).
Nov 27, 2021 10:04 AM

Jun 2017
Looks like we are getting some OG cast love mini arc from next week. (well except for Shippou lol)

Not a bad episode, I wonder what Setsuna sensed at the end.
Nov 27, 2021 11:41 AM

Jul 2017
Riku and Rion now really suffered, but thanks to Towa, they regained life anew. As for Takechiyo, Moroha's lazy bum just wouldn't move.

This is pretty much a Setsuna-focused episode where she learns to master the Yukari no Tachikiri naginata, and also about the visitor Mayonaka who's a threat with his Flame Bulls. A former deity whose provision had blessed the Gokoku village in times of harm as Mahiruma, got betrayed then laid waste to the people of the land.

Mahiruma's thread of fate to his Blessings of the Five Grains is akin to Setsuna's thread with the Dream Butterfly, and this episode really is one of the better ones.
Nov 27, 2021 1:27 PM
Review Moderator
Onii Chan

Mar 2018
Well I will admit, this was actually a pretty decent episode, took 8 eps to get a decent one though.
Nov 27, 2021 2:15 PM

Jan 2008
Hmm..a very Romeo and Juliet sort of story this episode, with the misunderstanding, although ended on a happier note.

They didn't really elaborate on that village leader who made his daughter into the "yorishiro", which is really F-up on so many levels...Unless she died, and was made into it later on, although still messed up to use your own daughter like a thing to fuel your greed. It's like if children with senior parents that passed away but lying on government documents and claiming they're still alive to claim their pension checks, which is not only morally wrong, but a crime of fraud in of itself. At any rate, aside from the village falling into ruin, I still hope he gets what he deserves and goes to hell.

I feel like they also spent a lot more time (and budget) on the animation where Setsuna was severing the thread with her red colored naginata. It looked really nice, and I quite liked the scene. I imagine they're going to recycle it for future episodes to save on cost, much like how they did for particular action shots in this series as well as Inuyasha...or at least that's what I'd do if I were running the show. I'm also quite enjoying the other costumes they're having Setsuna wear in this show aside from her usual everyday demon slayer outfit, looking really pretty in various elaborate kimono or that modern blue dress from first season.
Estoy_GordoNov 27, 2021 3:25 PM
Nov 27, 2021 4:21 PM
Apr 2021
Really really enjoyed this episode, the highlight for me was seeing the creativity and teamwork of all the demon slayers taking down the flame bulls, the animation was really clean as well. Also that OST when Setsuna saw the thread of fate was super epic, very nicely done studio Sunrise! I’m excited to see what’s in store next week with these two part episodes!
Nov 28, 2021 8:22 AM

Mar 2020
Mahiruma reunited with oharu, loved their story and how everything turned out to be. This show is getting better after each episode. Next episode features the original inuyasha team. cant wait to see them again in action.
Jan 6, 2022 12:13 PM

Jul 2008
Human greed is bad....dumb townsfolk.
Feb 23, 2022 9:11 PM

Jan 2009
I've been really disappointed in this series with its complete lack of focus, but this episode finally just settled down to tell a good story to help develop Setsuna with her naginata - and it really felt a lot like a classic Inuyasha episode, like Inuyasha learning the Red Tessaiga.

Maybe it's the long streak of disappointment and tuning out but this might just be my favourite episode of Yashahime at this point (lack of Towa has me leaning yes). Only hope Moroha can get a nice focused episode like this some time!
May 24, 2022 12:06 AM

Nov 2010
Oharu is pretty enough for a deity to get depressed over.
Sep 8, 2022 11:37 AM

Apr 2012
Wish sengoku lovers would die less but that is part of the trope I suppose.
Feb 20, 2023 11:28 AM

Jan 2018
The fractured storylines continue... But I'm glad this episode almost exclusively focused on Setsuna. She needs more development. Of all the Yashahimes, I like her the best. Now that I think about it, if Setsuna is more like her father Sesshomaru then Towa is more like her mother Rin.
Apr 6, 2023 2:25 AM

Apr 2013
The backstories in this show are always severely lacking. Why did she not meet up with him? Was she just late? And he as a deity did not have the time to wait for her? Makes no sense.
Mar 23, 5:01 AM

Jun 2020
Good episode. Setuna makes progress with mastering the ability to cut the threads of fate, which she will need to save her mother, Rin.

I liked the romantic yet tragic kind of backstory here. Well executed.

I wonder what Setsuna is about to encounter at the end there? Has to be something more important than a strong enemy.
Mar 24, 6:56 PM
Jan 2012
Liked the battles,good romance.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi - Ni no Shou Episode 23 Discussion

tsubasalover - Mar 19, 2022

32 by RafaKojiro »»
Apr 10, 8:32 PM

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi - Ni no Shou Episode 22 Discussion

tsubasalover - Mar 12, 2022

19 by RafaKojiro »»
Apr 10, 8:04 PM

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi - Ni no Shou Episode 21 Discussion

tsubasalover - Mar 5, 2022

24 by RafaKojiro »»
Apr 6, 9:05 PM

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi - Ni no Shou Episode 20 Discussion

tsubasalover - Feb 26, 2022

20 by RafaKojiro »»
Apr 6, 8:56 PM

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi - Ni no Shou Episode 19 Discussion

tsubasalover - Feb 12, 2022

21 by RafaKojiro »»
Apr 6, 8:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.