Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 21, 2021 4:45 PM

Sep 2020
That was a very moving retelling of Kage's backstory but I'm not entirely sure if I liked the final part with Kage actually witnessing the brute's death.
They went for melodrama instead of plain doom.
AvveniristaOct 21, 2021 4:52 PM
Oct 21, 2021 4:50 PM
May 2016
RonoroaZoro said:
The animation reminds me of Studio Ghibli. Hayao Miyazaki must be smiling from heaven.
The artwork is one of the best of 2021 ❤️

Please don't kill him like that.
Oct 21, 2021 4:59 PM
Jul 2018
Now there was Akage's vision of why he did that with Bojji the why he did those kinds of things with other people, they explained I'm loving this rhythm of animation, the fights had some dialogues to reason with, it's with his own brother he wants to always be the best of everything in battle.
removed-userOct 21, 2021 5:04 PM
Oct 21, 2021 5:20 PM
Ooga Booga

Jul 2020
Man this is so cute and sad at the same time. Really nice to get some early background information on the shadow. Might be the best anime for fall this year, atleast so far ^~^

smoochie smoochie[/center]
Oct 21, 2021 5:31 PM
Aug 2009
5gd34r said:
Heeroyuymit said:
I've lost all respect for Domas, he is a shit human being. If they were using actual swords and not sticks, Boiji would've won 20 times over. Can we get spear guy to train Boiji? he seems like the only one that cares about fairness, not that trash of a human being who won't even teach him how to fight and idly stands by as his pupil is beaten ruthlessly. What a trash human being.
you know that boji is weak right .he couldn't ever injured daida . He only can give light blow

Yes, he is weak but they're supposed to be simulating fighting with a sword. You don't need much strength to slit a throat with a sharp sword, which is the point of a mock battle, to practice without injuring or killing, had they been using actual weapons and not sticks, the results would've been very different.
Oct 21, 2021 5:49 PM
Apr 2021
[quote=Heeroyuymit message=64714707]
5gd34r said:
Heeroyuymit said:
I've lost all respect for Domas, he is a shit human being. If they were using actual swords and not sticks, Boiji would've won 20 times over. Can we get spear guy to train Boiji? he seems like the only one that cares about fairness, not that trash of a human being who won't even teach him how to fight and idly stands by as his pupil is beaten ruthlessly. What a trash human being.
you know that boji is weak right .he couldn't ever injured daida . He only can give light blow

Yes, he is weak but they're supposed to be simulating fighting with a sword. You don't need much strength to slit a throat with a sharp sword, which is the point of a mock battle, to practice without injuring or killing, had they been using actual weapons and not sticks, the results would've been very different.[/quote
Heeroyuymit said:
5gd34r said:

Yes, he is weak but they're supposed to be simulating fighting with a sword. You don't need much strength to slit a throat with a sharp sword, which is the point of a mock battle, to practice without injuring or killing, had they been using actual weapons and not sticks, the results would've been very different.
if you read the sypnosi you can see that it's tell that boji can't even weight a children sword because he weak so how is he gonna use sword to beat daida
5gd34rOct 21, 2021 5:58 PM
Oct 21, 2021 6:02 PM

Apr 2020
Am I going to cry on every episode? Man, I'm loving this anime.
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Oct 21, 2021 6:05 PM
Jul 2018
the episode was really GREAT!!
Oct 21, 2021 6:24 PM

Nov 2015
I CRIED TWO TIMES THIS EPISODE HOLY HELL wtf im soooo engaged with the characters, already AOTS for me.

i wish it continues with the same quality its showing already, it doesnt need to be better, its already perfect the way it is. 10/10.
Oct 21, 2021 6:32 PM
Mar 2021
This episode was very good, both Kage's past and what Bojji is facing
Oct 21, 2021 6:49 PM

Dec 2020
kage's backstory :( but we got to see a countess(?) who's a pretty good person, hope we get to see her and boji interact soon

domas was kinda ..Eh for doing that but like how the 2nd prince' teacher said, even if boji won people wouldn't praise him. they'll mark him as a coward, a cheater who didnt play fairly. maybe domas experienced a similar situation? and thats why he prevented it before it became how it was for him

little scene at the end where boji realized that kage was there and forced a smile FUCKK i could feel my heart breaking. but that cute lil moment at the end :]] this show is really really nice lol, people saying its overhyped bc its wit or whatever so what?? yeah a lot of the hype came from that but it also came from getting surprised at how such a childish Looking story is actually better than decent
Oct 21, 2021 6:53 PM

Jun 2019
This episode almost got me a couple times, pretty impressive for a series that just started. I am now fully behind these two main characters and very intruiged by where things are going.
Oct 21, 2021 7:15 PM

May 2021
When the episode started with Kage's backstory, I thought it was too early for this and I wouldn't care much about it but damn they got me to be sympathetic towards a shadow blob thing. The story so far is so simple yet incredibly moving, not many shows can do that.
Oct 21, 2021 7:16 PM

Sep 2011
I reiterate fuck Domas. All my homies hate Domas. A king's swordsmanship is the one that wins not the one that sits there and takes hits
Oct 21, 2021 7:17 PM
Jul 2018
just noticed, Full OP & ED are out

removed-userOct 22, 2021 5:10 AM
Oct 21, 2021 7:24 PM

Jul 2016
They did my boy Bojji dirty here. These mfs have absolutely no idea what "fighting dirty" actually is.

That said, this sure was an excellent episode. The way in how Kage's backstory was narrated was perfect and the last scene with Kage saying he will stay by Bojji's side sure was moving.
SouthRzVaOct 21, 2021 7:29 PM
Oct 21, 2021 7:24 PM

Sep 2016
I'm glad Kage and Bojji found each other! You can't watch this show and not love it. Beautiful.
Oct 21, 2021 7:37 PM
May 2016
Wow is this show really going to make me cry already? What a start.
Oct 21, 2021 7:51 PM

Sep 2018
Oh god, the melodrama in this thread lol. Crying to this lol, you cannot be serious. Sorry, but I can't take an ugly ass shadow's problems seriously. And I can already tell we're going to get over the top expressive facials from Bojji every damn episode, whether it be crying or beaming...

You're gonna have to do better than that if you're going to get me emotionally invested with these characters.
Oct 21, 2021 8:12 PM

Mar 2014
holy shit unlike the isekai craps in this season, I watched through the ep with a runny nose and it felt like the ep lasted only 5 mins.
Oct 21, 2021 8:12 PM
May 2013
GakutoDeathGlare said:
Oh god, the melodrama in this thread lol. Crying to this lol, you cannot be serious. Sorry, but I can't take an ugly ass shadow's problems seriously. And I can already tell we're going to get over the top expressive facials from Bojji every damn episode, whether it be crying or beaming...

You're gonna have to do better than that if you're going to get me emotionally invested with these characters.

This show just might not be for you. I recommend you drop it and move along.
Oct 21, 2021 8:20 PM
Aug 2018
HOLY SHIT THIS ANIME TURNED HEAVY FAST

Yeah, that was heavy. Props for the first half for making cry for a black blob.

But then came the second part and it utterly destroyed me. Have you ever felt That feeling of people not judging you for what you accomplish, but rather for what they want you to accomplish? Well, this chapter captured that perfectly. And then Kage being Boji's first shoulder to cry just saying "I think your style is fine as it is"

Yes, I cried. Sue me, I guess. This damn anime is too good
Oct 21, 2021 8:33 PM
Apr 2020
Holy shit, this anime might not have gore... but Kage literally saw his mom impaled on a spear in front of him and the girl had the quick wits to scream with him to snuff his cries of terror. This is pretty metal and fucked up.

this is def not some kids stuff, Also the emotional bits were awesome, I can't say I cried, but I felt really bad for the characters and genuine joy for Boiji in the end.

Also the studio and direction are really making a great job, there's a great sense of power and brutality behind strikes in the series. When that guy throwed the spear to stop the fight it had impact on the way it was done, you almost feel like a child watching this anime and seeing those adults perform some incredible acts of strength and prowess.(the same can be said about the shadow clan being murdered and the snake dude hunting kage last episode)
Oct 21, 2021 8:54 PM
Jun 2020
The story is great
Oct 21, 2021 9:09 PM

Jun 2021
Beautiful episode.

Never in my life did I expect to cry over a friendship between a shadow and a mute prince.

Part A focusing on Kage's past was really nice. Puts perspective into present Kage's thoughts and actions and how it ties into Part B and his feelings toward Bojji.

Oct 21, 2021 10:32 PM

Mar 2017
This is just perfect. Sobbing right now.
Oct 21, 2021 10:35 PM
Jan 2019
I just saw who Kage's voice actor is and holy crap range, didn't recognise him at all. He's doing both the older voice and not just the younger voice right?
Oct 21, 2021 10:40 PM

Mar 2017
zanwolfe said:
I just saw who Kage's voice actor is and holy crap range, didn't recognise him at all. He's doing both the older voice and not just the younger voice right?

Yup! Murase Ayumu is doing both!
Oct 21, 2021 10:40 PM

Sep 2020
It has only been two episodes and I'm already emotionally attached with Kage and Bojji. There are a lot of emotional moments in this episode, and the ending scene with Bojji smiling made me cry. Everything about this anime has been wonderful so far and I can't wait to watch more!
Oct 21, 2021 11:57 PM
May 2013
masterpiece already.
Oct 22, 2021 1:02 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
I watched the first half (Kage's backstory) before work, which was not a good decision because I was crying almost the whole time. Just finished the second half, not expecting any more tears, but wow, it got me in the second half, too. Bojji and Kage are very similar in that they both have been discriminated against for something they were born as/with and both also wanted to be needed by someone. It's easy to see how Kage quickly became taken with Bojji, his words to Bojji at the end were so touching.

While Domas was in the wrong for letting things go overboard since he should've stopped the fight even just a little earlier before it got that bad, he was also doing it for Bojji's sake. He told Bojji what everyone else in the audience was already thinking. Of course Bojji didn't have the means to fight head on, but I think Domas also wanted the audience to at least sympathize with Bojji, and even kind of take away a bit of the favor from Daida, as letting Daida beat up Bojji made Daida seem a bit too cruel.

If only people could understand Bojji and how much he also wants to become stronger and fit to be a king, he could gain a lot of support, I think. But people don't understand him at all, and they cannot accept that he's different in so many ways, including the way he fights. I'm really invested, I want to see the path Bojji walks, and how he wins the hearts and acceptance of others.
Oct 22, 2021 1:48 AM
Oct 2021
Baby kage is so cute!!
I wanna hug Bojji so bad :"

Was really impressed by the first episode so i lowered my expectations just in case it went downhill afterwards, turns out i didnt need to.

10/10 episode for me!
Oct 22, 2021 1:53 AM

Oct 2016
Can't believe Murase Ayumu is voicing Kage, I only noticed it was him when I heard young Kage, but he's also the one doing the older raspier voice, I though it was a difference voice actor. Damn, what a range.

Kage's backstory was pretty sad, because of they're appearance they are discriminated and they were also perfect for assassination and then they were killed. Assassins really do be getting backstabbed by their employers a lot. I wonder if there are still other Kage's out there besides Kage or they've killed them all.

Can't really blame them for their image of a king, seeing how much a behemoth the present king is. But I feel really bad for Bojji, just because of this stereotype about what a king is like. Bojji gonna show off on these fools someday. Curious about Domas's deal, we need to know more about him. Looking forward to the next episode.
Oct 22, 2021 2:59 AM

Aug 2020
such a great fucking episode the ending give me chill also man i feel bad for my boy bojji
Oct 22, 2021 3:08 AM
Jul 2019
This episode was phenomenal and broke me at the end, the ed not helping at all. Yeah, you have my full attention now Ousama Ranking
Oct 22, 2021 4:39 AM

Feb 2018
lizzziziz said:
kage's backstory :( but we got to see a countess(?) who's a pretty good person, hope we get to see her and boji interact soon

domas was kinda ..Eh for doing that but like how the 2nd prince' teacher said, even if boji won people wouldn't praise him. they'll mark him as a coward, a cheater who didnt play fairly. maybe domas experienced a similar situation? and thats why he prevented it before it became how it was for him

little scene at the end where boji realized that kage was there and forced a smile FUCKK i could feel my heart breaking. but that cute lil moment at the end :]] this show is really really nice lol, people saying its overhyped bc its wit or whatever so what?? yeah a lot of the hype came from that but it also came from getting surprised at how such a childish Looking story is actually better than decent

Preety sure Domas doesnt looks the type to fight smartly. But the snake guy does look like one.
'I have no bonds tying me down. That's why I can see things as they are!!' - Yugami
Oct 22, 2021 4:59 AM

Feb 2018
GakutoDeathGlare said:

Shadow shadow shadow...... Are you afraid of dark?? OR crying?? OR maybe kids? OR maybe this world itself?? Well maybe you should consult a psychiatrist anyway...
'I have no bonds tying me down. That's why I can see things as they are!!' - Yugami
Oct 22, 2021 5:15 AM
May 2018
Finally got to watch the episode.

I may have said that 'this show is a 9 and will be a 10 if we get a good ending', but..

I don't care, it's a 10 now.
Oct 22, 2021 6:02 AM
May 2020
I’m so happy I started this, it’s truly the gem of this season for me. Watched the first 2 episodes and it only felt like 5 minutes passed.
Oct 22, 2021 6:35 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
YoseiEgg said:
Fuck Domas all my homies hate Domas
THIS...And fuck everyone in this kingdom too except for the king and the spear guy

But yeah, I was super emotional seeing poor Kage's backstory, but once that scene where Bojji came out of the bed trying to pick up the sword started, my tears would not stop

This duo is fucking awesome and I will riot if they don't fulfill their dreams and find happiness one day....I'm rooting for them both so hard now TwT
Oct 22, 2021 6:45 AM
May 2015
My poor baby Bojji's crying face just about broke my heart! Can't believe those guys called his fighting dirty, he was genuinely cool! Loved his smile at the end, you can tell it was a real one this time. Really can't wait for more, I wanna see the adventure these precious kids Bojji and Kage go on.
My candies:

Bonus candies:
Oct 22, 2021 6:57 AM

Dec 2013
Alright you got me assholes I teared up at the end.
Oct 22, 2021 7:03 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Tokoya said:
YoseiEgg said:
Fuck Domas all my homies hate Domas
THIS...And fuck everyone in this kingdom too except for the king and the spear guy

But yeah, I was super emotional seeing poor Kage's backstory, but once that scene where Bojji came out of the bed trying to pick up the sword started, my tears would not stop

This duo is fucking awesome and I will riot if they don't fulfill their dreams and find happiness one day....I'm rooting for them both so hard now TwT

I wouldn't crucify Domas just yet, he is still friendly with Bojji and gives him the rigorous training that King Bosse told him to do.

It might come off as ruthless and heartless from Domas' side but he still cares IMO.
SmudyOct 22, 2021 7:47 AM
Oct 22, 2021 7:14 AM
Sep 2019
this episode was masterpiece from start.
Oct 22, 2021 7:17 AM

Apr 2021
RonoroaZoro said:
Hayao Miyazaki must be smiling from heaven.

While making next anime film

Heeroyuymit said:

True. he seems to be already considering Bojji as a waste of time. I hope Kage can help Bojji to grow.

Now for the episode, it was 9.5/10.

Domas is a $hit. Daida is a princess who look at the mirror and hoping becoming the King. Let's hope Kage will take Bojji into real high.

Hyped for next episode.

Fall 2022 is the most Unforgettable anime season of all time

Oct 22, 2021 7:27 AM

Dec 2016
I fucking love this show goddamn
Oct 22, 2021 7:55 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Smudy said:
Tokoya said:

I wouldn't crucify Domas just yet, he is still friendly with Bojji and gives him the rigorous training that King Bosse told him to do.

It might come off as ruthless and heartless from Domas' side but he still cares IMO.
Nah, I don't trust that guy at all anymore, he's super sus

I feel like for him he's only being "nice and caring' because the king told him to, but I bet if the king dies, he'll drop Bojji and won't even bat an eye
Oct 22, 2021 8:55 AM
Dec 2020
This episode and also the last one made me teared up; even though I was trying to hold my emotions. Very few anime have made me this sad and happy at the same time that I end up tearing, and whichever does, it'll always be 10/10.
Oct 22, 2021 8:57 AM

Aug 2017
ah shit he made me cry again this time
Oct 22, 2021 11:40 AM

Feb 2008
Kage's past was on par with One Piece's character backstory.
And this show just keeps impressing me more and more! It's now hands down my favorite of this season.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ousama Ranking Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2022

229 by PrimeX »»
Apr 21, 6:52 AM

Poll: » Ousama Ranking Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2022

223 by PrimeX »»
Apr 21, 5:40 AM

Poll: » Ousama Ranking Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2022

177 by PrimeX »»
Apr 21, 12:42 AM

Poll: » Ousama Ranking Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2022

107 by PrimeX »»
Apr 20, 5:46 PM

Poll: » Ousama Ranking Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2022

115 by PrimeX »»
Apr 20, 10:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.