Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 9, 2021 1:58 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
tsubasaloverOct 9, 2021 3:58 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 9, 2021 5:09 AM
Jul 2018
This episode didn't have much plot progression and nothing super interesting happened,the sea snake story was very clichê although what happened to her is sad, fortunately the Next One Will focus on Rin and what happened to her
Oct 9, 2021 5:25 AM

Jul 2017
Riku is back, but since his betrayal against Kirinmaru, his objective of collecting the Rainbow Pearls is still the same.

Setsuns is revived with Towa's Tenseiga, but she is left alone while Setsuna and Moroha finds the Kyuyokon root from Bokusen-Oh. Moroha is still being cheap by bringing lesser than ideal demon remains to Jyuubei, which always cracks me up a bit.

So the demon that knows where to find Bokusen-Oh turns out to be the Sea Snake Woman, a Medusa-like demon spirit that curses women with long, beautiful hair. No wonder both women and children must cover their hair when they are out near the sea.

Towa immediately sensing the danger along with Hisui and the other demon slayers to the rescue (plus Riku hiding from behind), and Takechiyo makes a temporary good shield. Towa is smart to wear sunglasses, and it looks awkwardly funny. Now'd be a good chance to test the blade and bring this to a close with the red string of fate.

Kinda a cruel fate to protect people from drowning, get killed by the one you love, and as revenge, turned everyone into stone. This journey shall continue to find the Kyuyokon root.
Oct 9, 2021 5:35 AM
Oct 2016
Very somber episode. It seemed like this would be another one off beat em up type episode but it got very sad towards the end. That sea snake demon just wanted to see the man she loved and was killed instead. Locking her in that form that looks like medusa. Turning people to stone the same way too. Setsuna and Moroha looking for a special demon that can help give Towa a better weapon to fight Kirinmaru with. Them coming to that seaside village getting roped up in all this. The episode had some good moments with Setsuna and Moroha rolling Takechiyo and trying to fight without using their eyes. Towa came in with the great idea of using mirrored sunglasses, she must've paid attention to Greek mythology in school. Setsuna having that great idea to show the sea snake demon the man she loved to snap her out of this rage. He didn't mean to kill her that day, all a very sad story. At least now the village and the maidens with long beautiful hair are safe, but the girls forgot to ask about the demon who can give Towa that new weapon.
Oct 9, 2021 7:36 AM

Nov 2017
Why did the sea demon expect the man to know that she was the sea snake lmao
"he has it big as a cactus
but he won't let go of my head
and I puke on his cock bitch" - Boy by Fishball 
Oct 9, 2021 9:38 AM

Feb 2019
Wait how tf did he know they were going to be looking for the root next? Plot of the episode today felt pointless since they didn’t even find out where Bokusen Oh was
Oct 9, 2021 1:34 PM
Apr 2021
Pretty good episode I liked the comedy in it when Moroha and Setsuna started rolling Takechiyo and when Towa put on the mirror sunglasses lol I think the main point of this episode was Setsuna discovering that red thread ability we’ll see how that comes into play later on
Oct 9, 2021 2:58 PM

Jan 2008
I liked that Setsuna did the intro narration, to switch it up from Towa always doing the intro. I hope it's not just a one time thing. Maybe they can even get Moroha to do it as well when she gets featured more in an episode.

Seems they combined several mythos in this episode: Nure-Onna (Sea snake woman targeting people with getting them to them to help her carry a heavy stone-like object)...Medusa (snake hair/turning people into stone)...the ever classic Red String of Fate...and finally with reminiscent story elements of Legend of White Snake, a Chinese folktale where a snake-woman, sometimes dressed as a Buddhist monk, falls in love with a human male, ends up killing him, but are reunited eventually through mutual love. That's all the obvious ones I could see at least.

It's also nice that Setsuna can sever the Red String of Fate...because even if something is canon, it'd be hilarious if she just said "nope, not anymore", lol.

Overall, a very predictable, but enjoyable episode.
Oct 9, 2021 4:21 PM

Jun 2017
Jesus the stupid plot continues "OOPS, we totally forgot the thing we came here to ask in the first place. ANYWAY" *proceeds to leave the area*

Towa was cool in the sunglasses at least. xD

Looks like we are getting some explanation on Rin next week so that should be neat even if the plot won't move.
Oct 10, 2021 3:23 AM

Jun 2019
MacchiaStella said:

I don't think she did - She just took that form to conceal herself with the aim of observing him and to check up on his recovery, then was attacked suddenly by the mob which soon included him.

4kicks said:
Maybe they can even get Moroha to do it as well when she gets featured more in an episode.

Do you seriously still think Moroha has rights in this anime?

Oct 31, 2021 11:59 PM

Jul 2008
MacchiaStella said:

DING DING DING!!!

And if the demon knew that humans thought sea snakes were bad luck, all the more reason to ask why transform into one? Bad writing for this show is back in full effect.

Nov 13, 2021 6:53 AM
Feb 2021
put yo grasses on nofing will be wong
“It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of light, it was the season of darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair.”

Nov 18, 2021 5:03 PM

Sep 2014
so dumb, might as well curse all the women living in Japan - everyone had long hair back in the days 🙄

« »
🔮 Tojo Nozomi
Washi Washi
Apr 9, 2022 8:57 AM

May 2020
Estoy_Gordo said:

Seems they combined several mythos in this episode: Nure-Onna (Sea snake woman targeting people with getting them to them to help her carry a heavy stone-like object)...Medusa (snake hair/turning people into stone)...the ever classic Red String of Fate...and finally with reminiscent story elements of Legend of White Snake, a Chinese folktale where a snake-woman, sometimes dressed as a Buddhist monk, falls in love with a human male, ends up killing him, but are reunited eventually through mutual love. That's all the obvious ones I could see at least.

Very nice observations. I only got the Medusa reference.

And we're back to monster-of-the-week episodes. I'm a lot more tolerant of these now, since I like these girls and enjoy seeing them messing about. And unlike the first half of the S1, there's a definite quest that feels more important than collecting all the Skittles Rainbow Pearls.

Onwards to the next episode.
May 23, 2022 2:09 PM

Nov 2010
Hmm, she could've disguised herself as some other creature, unless that's the only form she can take?

But yeah, stupid humans, especially in the past. They killed so many poor animals because of some stupid belief.
Feb 11, 2023 9:09 PM

Jan 2018
Setsuna doing the opening narration instead of Towa? That's new.

That demon was obviously inspired by Medusa.

I feel like this episode was much better than some of the filler-y episodes of Season 1 but it was still pretty melodramatic. I think this story was obviously trying to push the message of not harming random animals for they might be hot ladies who may be into you.

Towa referring to her mother as "Ms. Rin" sounds really off. For her dad, it kinda makes sense for her to call him Sesshomaru. But Rin deserves to be called mother.
Apr 1, 2023 3:43 AM

Apr 2013
Pretty generic monster of the week episode, eh.
Mar 16, 2:59 AM

Jun 2020
An enemy inspired by Medusa? Alright.

This episode really makes me wonder what Riku wants to accomplish. He's like the anti-hero of this series. He's not on either side and has an agenda of his own.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi - Ni no Shou Episode 23 Discussion

tsubasalover - Mar 19, 2022

32 by RafaKojiro »»
Apr 10, 8:32 PM

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi - Ni no Shou Episode 22 Discussion

tsubasalover - Mar 12, 2022

19 by RafaKojiro »»
Apr 10, 8:04 PM

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi - Ni no Shou Episode 21 Discussion

tsubasalover - Mar 5, 2022

24 by RafaKojiro »»
Apr 6, 9:05 PM

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi - Ni no Shou Episode 20 Discussion

tsubasalover - Feb 26, 2022

20 by RafaKojiro »»
Apr 6, 8:56 PM

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi - Ni no Shou Episode 19 Discussion

tsubasalover - Feb 12, 2022

21 by RafaKojiro »»
Apr 6, 8:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.