Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Sep 23, 2021 11:17 AM
Apr 2016
Chargecoulomb said:
The Japanese side is having a meltdown. These were the same people that disliked the Deen Anime for not being accurate enough. So this makes sense.
Higu mangas Mangaka is confused by this ep.
Higurashi new is trending on JP Twitter.
Browsing through 2chn and watching the Chaos unfold is glorious.
So... How exactly mad are they?
Sep 23, 2021 11:17 AM

May 2020
ssjokg said:
Chargecoulomb said:
The Japanese side is having a meltdown. These were the same people that disliked the Deen Anime for not being accurate enough. So this makes sense.
Meltdown as in being reasonable and not excusing any bullshit or are they praising it like the best thing ever? I dont know if the Deen part is sarcasm so I have to ask.

Nah it's negative. The Japanese fans are more picky than international fans, since Higu is famous over there, and most fans have already played the VN in one form or another
The Deen thing was serious of course.
Sep 23, 2021 11:18 AM
Feb 2018
Sotsu's biggest sin is pretending that it's Umineko while forgetting that it's Higurashi.
Sep 23, 2021 11:18 AM

May 2020
JanPri said:
Chargecoulomb said:

4chns reaction is positive in relative to 2chns. The formers reaction is pretty negative too.

There's a supposed petition going around to de canonize this ep. I haven't seen that yet, maybe it's a Twitter thing.
ChargecoulombSep 23, 2021 11:22 AM
Sep 23, 2021 11:21 AM

Sep 2007
NocturnSunshower said:
Sotsu's biggest sin is pretending that it's Umineko while forgetting that it's Higurashi.
umineko was deep down a normal story and you could technically ignore witchs meta world. In higurashi sotsu you can't

Jul 2007
gnomeu said:
Okay guys, can we just pretend that higurashi Gou/Sotsu doesn't exist now? I never thought I would miss Studio deen.

Me neither and I feel dumb as hell for thinking Ryukishi being involved would prevent this series from devolving into absolute jackshit

spiderexpert said:
Chargecoulomb said:

Whoa whoa. Ill just add that this being K1s kid is not confirmed yet. It could easily be k1 with a male Rena.
Trans Rena would make perfect sense for this trainwreck. Lesbians this seasons, Trans the next. Will it be furries or MAPs in the season after that? Place your bets, gentlemen.

Don't group LGBTQ people with furries and literal pedos. There's parts of this series that is deserving of criticism and this ain't one of them.
May 2021
The fight in the roof is damn cool no cap
on how Satoko bonked Rika head while falling lmao that's kinda satisfying tho.
Also when Rika welded the chair to bonk Satoko it sure hit with critical strike at first shot. Satoko weakness
Sep 23, 2021 11:23 AM
Jun 2020
Chargecoulomb said:
Danpmss said:

I'm not missing the point, ever since Gou Ep 20 this has been escalating more and more in over the top crazyness and supernatural elements. Sostsu's ENTIRETY was a buildup for this escalation.

Satoko is going full witch side and doing some mad shit that progressively escalated in brutality and absurdness (even going ultra instinct avoiding katana chops and gunning down people at ease like an overpowered shounen protagonist would). This episode has all this over-the top-ness escalate from there to it's max like the usual.

Satoko and Rika literally getting powers from the both Goddesses watching from the other dimension and beating the shit out of each other.

Where do you not see a buildup in here, exactly? This season was the most supernatural focused Higurashi has ever got so far, from the start even.

Eua commentating. Satoko killing her regrets. Hanyuu getting oneshot. Is that what you mean by supernatural?
Where is the supernatural buildup?
Where is the conflict progression.

Keep in mind for all the previous of eps of Sotsu we got explanations for Gou. This is Sotsus first real ep.

If I had to give some advice to Ryukishi, I'd tell him to find a way to end the When They Cry franchise. Let's face it, he's only getting more and more grandiose and extravagant with every entry and we don't see any signs that we're wrapping things up anytime soon. He hasn't even formally connected Higu and Umi together, despite the obvious fact that he plans to do that, and after that lengthy arduous task, he'll have to find a way to tie that convoluted metaverse with Ciconia as well.

I just don't see him ending the WTC franchise without having lots of plot holes by the end. The reason why the OG Higurashi was so popular was because it was an original story that didn't need to be limited by lots of complicated rules from other shows/games. The opportunities were endless to the amount of things he could do and rules he could make up for the story he wanted to tell, but now no new viewers are going to want to read all the previous hundreds of hours of content in order to be able to watch and enjoy Gou/Sotsu, and they already left months ago.

He needs to start fresh and make something new that doesn't have to do with witches, fragments, or Umineko, Ciconia, or Higurashi. Everything is just so convoluted, predictable, and limited in terms of possibilites right now.
"Anywhere Can Be A Paradise As Long As You Have The Will To Live." — Yui Ikari
"Mankind's Greatest Fear Is Mankind Itself." — Gendo Ikari
Sep 23, 2021 11:23 AM
Apr 2016
Chargecoulomb said:
JanPri said:

There's a petition going around to de canonize this ep.
Damn... I guess that means they're even more mad than the muricnts here when they're going against "paedophilia" or whatever. That seems serious. Wonder what's the studio's reaction going to be.
Sep 23, 2021 11:26 AM
Jun 2013
I was gonna go full rage here sayin' how much of this chapter was a lore-breaking from the original higurashi, but tbh, that Naruto battle was just too much.

Also, I know like 1% of umineko world, but I know enough to know that Hyuuga can't, in any existent universe, win against Eau in terms of strengt, even with that blade, but obviously (and the leak says it too) it's gonna happen, so fuck it.

"My dream is going with you to Santa Lucia" says while breaks Satoko's head with a chair.

Just what the fuck was this series for.
Sep 23, 2021 11:29 AM

Sep 2007
Mizu said:
gnomeu said:
Okay guys, can we just pretend that higurashi Gou/Sotsu doesn't exist now? I never thought I would miss Studio deen.

Me neither and I feel dumb as hell for thinking Ryukishi being involved would prevent this series from devolving into absolute jackshit

spiderexpert said:
Trans Rena would make perfect sense for this trainwreck. Lesbians this seasons, Trans the next. Will it be furries or MAPs in the season after that? Place your bets, gentlemen.

Don't group LGBTQ people with furries and literal pedos. There's parts of this series that is deserving of criticism and this ain't one of them.

I thought left was already doing that. All this was to bring pedos back to normal from deviancy
Sep 23, 2021 11:30 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Well that was uh... weird to say the least

When did Higurashi become a shounen lol

Feb 2016
Some of you kids desperately need to tone down the edge and spend a little time away from /a/.
Anyone else think Satoko is completely irredeemable at this point and that Rika should just game end her?

Aug 2009
NocturnSunshower said:
This is the best comment so far.
Sep 23, 2021 11:32 AM

May 2020
Zweifooter said:
Some of you kids desperately need to tone down the edge and spend a little time away from /a/.
Anyone else think Satoko is completely irredeemable at this point and that Rika should just game end her?

It's literally the only place expect MAL to discuss WTC. regardless. I would agree, but I expect things to go the direction that the leaker confirmed.
Sep 23, 2021 11:32 AM

Sep 2007
Zweifooter said:

don't worry the power of love will fix it in next 13 minutes!
Sep 23, 2021 11:37 AM

Apr 2013
Chargecoulomb said:

Ryu and Passione friends are retarded enough to pull this shit. I hope you're right that the Japanese fans are tearing him a new asshole over this.

Mod Edit: Modified quote of edited post.
KuniiSep 23, 2021 2:12 PM
Sep 23, 2021 11:38 AM

Feb 2016
Chargecoulomb said:
Zweifooter said:

It's literally the only place expect MAL to discuss WTC. regardless. I would agree, but I expect things to go the direction that the leaker confirmed.

Enerccio said:
Zweifooter said:

Ah, geez. That's ridiculous. Satoko passed the point of no return so long ago, that it wouldn't make any kind of sense for Rika to forgive her. No matter how much they "love" each other. Then again, I guess things never really made that much sense with Sotugou.
Sep 23, 2021 11:38 AM
Jun 2017
Still better than the ending of the new Eva movie
Sep 23, 2021 11:42 AM

Sep 2010
I liked the part where Satoko received a fatal wound to her carotid artery but they jumped to another timeline (despite the fact that that is only supposed to happen when they die) so she was fine and they could do their little DBZ fight. 10/10

But seriously did someone blackmail Ryukishi07 and force him to write this or something? That's the only explanation for why this is so bad I can think of outside of him always being a talent-less hack and the original was just a fluke
Now, count up your sins!
Sep 23, 2021 11:43 AM

Apr 2013
Ep15 we wil have Keichi in a harem because why not?
Sep 23, 2021 11:44 AM

Apr 2009
Zweifooter said:
Chargecoulomb said:

Enerccio said:

Ah, geez. That's ridiculous. Satoko passed the point of no return so long ago, that it wouldn't make any kind of sense for Rika to forgive her. No matter how much they "love" each other. Then again, I guess things never really made that much sense with Sotugou.
She's totally getting forgiven and walking away like nothing happened lol

Sep 23, 2021 11:45 AM
Jun 2009
JD_of_Paradise said:
I liked the part where Satoko received a fatal wound to her carotid artery but they jumped to another timeline (despite the fact that that is only supposed to happen when they die) so she was fine and they could do their little DBZ fight. 10/10

But seriously did someone blackmail Ryukishi07 and force him to write this or something? That's the only explanation for why this is so bad I can think of outside of him always being a talent-less hack and the original was just a fluke
Yeah, that was among the dumbest things I had noticed while watching. That wound should have been fatal, if it were Sotsugou could have been salvageable.
Sep 23, 2021 11:46 AM

Feb 2016
basterdsordsmang said:
Still better than the ending of the new Eva movie

Not only do I disagree, I also kind of feel like Ryu/Passione were damn near copying it.
Sep 23, 2021 11:46 AM
Jun 2009
RavBTW said:
In a harem? Whose harem will it be?
Sep 23, 2021 11:47 AM
May 2021
I literally felt like I am watching a mixture of mortal Kombat and Dragon Ball Z. The characters were of higurashi but the scenes didn't felt like of higurashi at all 😂. Still it was really entertaining, so last episode next week. I don't know what will happen any more
Sep 23, 2021 11:51 AM
May 2021
- Rika having magical powers (even beyond that of merely looping) means the original Higurashi is pointless because Rika was just hiding her true power level the entire time.
- Both Rika and Satoko are very irredeemable people to the very end, which makes any "tragedy" that ever unfolded to begin with feel like it's no longer tragic. No ounce of empathy for anything that has ever happened.
- NPCs like generic anime boy, green twins, and orange girl are more NPC than ever.
- The direction of everything says Satoko will simply be redeemed in the end, merely because the author said so.
- People saying Episode 14 justifies how boring Sotsu was is rather sad. It's like dangling keys in front of a bunch of babies to suddenly distract them.

I was right to assume even far back during Gou, that any ounce of seriousness this franchise had left was gone. You can argue "WELL THE AUTHOR INTENDS THIS SO IT'S ALL JUSTIFIED" or "WHATEVER THE AUTHOR WRITES CAN NEVER BE JUMPING THE SHARK" however the AUDIENCE is free to disagree with whatever the author writes or intends.

The only thing I learned from this experience is with any ounce of positive reception this show gets, is that ANYONE can truly be a successful writer. Just write anything and anime fans especially will eat it up. To all aspiring future writers out there just look at this mess and see how many people still defend it. If R07 can find even A LITTLE success, anyone can!
Sep 23, 2021 11:53 AM
Jan 2018
Terrible. From psychological horror mystery to silly battle shonen. Any tension the show still had just went down the drain. I'll still watch the final episode, but the damage is already done. Very fucking disappointing.
Sep 23, 2021 11:53 AM

Sep 2019
I'm not one of the nerds who spent the past year crying about almost every single detail about Gou/Sotsu, but damn...they really should have just made Sotsu into an OVA, with like 6 or 7 episodes max. The few worthwhile content in these "answer arcs" really didn't justify dragging it out for this long.

I didn't have a problem with what they did with the story, even though of course it is nowhere near the quality of the original, and feels like a tryhard afterthought. I thought it was OK for a really unnecessary "sequel". Still, this is just insulting, especially in an industry where we can't get an Umineko remake, a Fate route remake, or even a passable Berserk anime for example. But this thing exists, with 24 + 15 episodes even. I'm gonna go cool down a bit.
Sep 23, 2021 11:57 AM

Jun 2019
Chargecoulomb said:
Entertaining, but still conflicted about it. Seeing Rika/Satoko get what she deserved was the best feeling ever. This still feels like a parody of what Sotsu was expected to be.

Yeah, this is for sure going to end next ep. There is no chance this is going to drag out any longer.

...and people thought Kira was a feverdream. What the hell happened to Ryuukishi, was he on drugs? Did Passione Drug him?

Sad thing is. Leaker leaked this some time ago. Literally this.
People didnt believe it because of how dumb it is.

The moment Satoshi wakes up it's done for me. Just laugh.mp3 in the background. Hope it's fake or something... Come on...

Mod Edit: Modified quote of edited post.
KuniiSep 23, 2021 2:04 PM
Sep 23, 2021 12:09 PM
Jul 2018
chair scene

no but seriously, the fight scenes where really epic but i don't really like what rika and satokos "friendship" has turned into :(
Sep 23, 2021 12:18 PM

Dec 2016
This is by far the dumbest thing I've ever watched, and I watch garbage anime for fun. Unfortunately, this wasn't fun at all. It was just sad.

I guess this just proves that the first 13 episodes of Sotsu were entirely skippable, since nothing important happened in them in the grand scheme of things.
Sep 23, 2021 12:22 PM
Jul 2018
This not what Higurashi is. Why would you ripoff DBZ in Higurashi?
Sep 23, 2021 12:26 PM

Jun 2017
LOL

we shounen now bois

ngl I liked the pure carnage and bullshit that went down in this episode xD
Sep 23, 2021 12:37 PM

Aug 2014
The only good thing this show did was keep the original music because they bastardized the series in every other way. It makes Rei look like something that should have been expounded on.
Sep 23, 2021 12:38 PM

Apr 2016
WTF was this episode? I mean, what in the holy fuck was this episode??

It was okay till the middle, all the scenes in which they killed each other in different settings just showed us the same event ocurring in different fragments, that was okay once you understood what was ocurring, but they literaly dragonballed Rika and Satoko like wtf man it became a raw aerial shōnen battle.

This arc would determine, for me, if GouSotsu was worth it or not Higurashi-wise, but they both turning super sayamiko as if loopers in this anime always had shōnen fighting abilities just left me "oh, yeah that's authetinc shitposting we have here".

Sep 23, 2021 12:46 PM
May 2021
Script writer: "How psycho do you want Satoko to be in this episode?"

Director: "Yes."
Sep 23, 2021 12:49 PM

Aug 2012
This started so well with the first 3 episodes and now is so baaaaaad.
At least its so bad that is entertaining
Sep 23, 2021 1:02 PM

Nov 2019
I was settling for a 1/10 but I'll give it a 2/10 for these 20 minutes were the funniest shit I have ever seen in WTC. Seriously. Even the memes aren't this funny
Let's have a round of laugh...

Best things are Satoko completely giving up on the gun and the totally non-connected, nonsensical fights, Captain America Satoko, Hanyuu pose after breaking the bonds, steel pan smash, CHAIR SCENE and Rika not knowing there is a thing called dodging.
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
Sep 23, 2021 1:03 PM
May 2012
So Satoko really spend 100+ years watching fragments of Rika dying, all her friends dying, tragedy unfolding, decided to join in on that, living through hundreds of painful deaths herself, learned how to use a gun over several fragments, all because she hated learning? She learned how to play a memory game by heart, so she could just try an error her way through the school tests also... man this really just boiled down to a petty fight between two kids with superpowers, willing to kill all their friends and families because of... homework...
Sep 23, 2021 1:08 PM

Feb 2017
This is great (as someone that pre GOU watched s1, kai & rei) idk what all the haters are talking about. Yes it went to full on shounen sakuga fight, but i loved every second of it.
It was beautiful for me.
Some many higurashi elitist fags crying in a sea of salt right now.
tottojaSep 23, 2021 1:25 PM
Sep 23, 2021 1:12 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Pretty good dragon ball episode 😎
Sep 23, 2021 1:25 PM
Jun 2009
tottoja said:
This is great (as someone that pre GOU watched s1, kai & rei) idk what all the haters are talking about. Yes it went to full on shounen sakuga fight, but i loved every second of it.
Are you an NTR fan by any chance? That's the only explanation I can think of.
Sep 23, 2021 1:27 PM
May 2008
This is the worst shit in history of anime. I actually had some hopes for these 2 new seasons. Was hoping for a nice tying everything together ending like kai... but this.. just one episode have never made me so disappointed before.
So far my rating of the anime was an 8-9.. now it’s more like a 5-6 if even that..

Like a hit in the face
Sep 23, 2021 1:29 PM

Oct 2015
I'm really trying to like this, but man those dialogues are so dumb lmao.

"Rika: Study harder.
Satoko: I don't like studying." x1000
Sep 23, 2021 1:40 PM

Apr 2013
spiderexpert said:
RavBTW said:
In a harem? Whose harem will it be?
dunno, but i hope to see some Takano in a nurse uniform as the tights is the only thing that holds this remake. No body came here for the "horror" genre as that left after season 1 ended.
Sep 23, 2021 1:43 PM
May 2017
I fucking hope passione does an umineko "continuation" from r07's "new and upgraded" script. I shouldn't listened to dear you yesterday
Sep 23, 2021 1:53 PM

Aug 2012
Funniest anime ep this season. Eua is right
Sep 23, 2021 1:54 PM

Dec 2019
What is... I thought this was Higurashi, not Dragon Ball.
"I don't want to go to school with you!"
"Study harder!"
"No! I'd rather kill you throughout multiple loops so I don't have to study at all!"
Sep 23, 2021 1:58 PM
Mar 2021
Finally after this irredemable suffer from arround half recap scenes every week, i can see a worth fight scene that covers entire series of Higurashi Sotsu.

Thank you Ryu07 for this suprise lol.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sotsu Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2021

412 by Drinzen »»
Feb 22, 4:37 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sotsu Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2021

215 by Drinzen »»
Feb 22, 4:03 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sotsu Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 12, 2021

159 by Drinzen »»
Feb 22, 3:18 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sotsu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 5, 2021

121 by Drinzen »»
Feb 22, 3:05 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sotsu Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 15, 2021

124 by xxdaisiesxx »»
Jan 17, 1:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.