Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 18, 2021 1:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Man, hearing All For One's voice narration is something else. They even inserted a special soundtrack just for his scenes with Shigaraki.

Shigaraki's transformation from his meek child to his present self pretty much cast him into what he is today in the present. And it's a chilling episode imo..probably one of the more psychological impactful of his arc.
Sep 18, 2021 2:36 AM

Jul 2020
Possibly one of the best episodes of this entire season, really fleshing out shigaraki beyond what we just knew about him. You can quickly tell from just this episode what twisted him to become a powerhouse of the league of villains, by far one of the most chilling episodes I’ve watched this anime season
Check out my channel @Criticiza on Youtube to watch my vids ;)

Sep 18, 2021 2:44 AM

Jun 2019
Another My Villain Academia episode and we're still digging deep into Shigaraki's past. Man... it was sad seeing him like that. Nobody was willing to help the little kid. It's no wonder he turned out the way he did.

Gigantomachia also made an appearance in this episode. And, it was crazy to see Shigaraki acting like a psychopath with all the things he has been through his whole life. I'm glad to see that Toga is alright. The Liberation Army and the League of Villains have united with each other under "The Paranormal Liberation Front".
Sep 18, 2021 2:54 AM

Jul 2017
First, it's the Origin story of Tenko Shimura. Now we see his Origin story of rebirth to the No. 1 villain we all know best: Tomura Shigaraki.

To see All For One teach young Tenko his ways of exacting evil through his Decay quirk, it's the beginnings of the Symbol of Fear. And against Re-Destro, that grit is evident while Gigantomachia makes his way to save Shigaraki from harm.

Well, don't actually need Gigantomachia for this, and Shigaraki can make this his own "Plus Ultra" of a fight against Re-Destro failing to live up to Destro's promises, and conceding to Shigaraki.

Haha, I actually love Twice's fascination of dead Toga with his trauma, while the blood-sucking girl herself of course making it out alive. But the basis is true: the League of Villains partnering up with Re-Destro's Meta Liberation Army is the right call, forming the Paranormal Liberation Front to form their own MHA version in the form of MVA.

What an impactful arc that My Villain Academia is though.
Sep 18, 2021 3:01 AM

Jul 2013
Good fight.

The inpactful part of the episode for me is how no one helped Shiggy when he was a child, alone walking the streets. The bystander effect. Imagine how things could've turned out if someone NOT all for one raised him.
Sep 18, 2021 3:08 AM
May 2020
queenhinata said:
Good fight.

The inpactful part of the episode for me is how no one helped Shiggy when he was a child, alone walking the streets. The bystander effect. Imagine how things could've turned out if someone NOT all for one raised him.

Sorry for the bother but do you know the artist of that keaya picture in the post😳its beautiful
Sep 18, 2021 3:11 AM
Nov 2020
Hands down best episode of the season the animation was just too good and the art style was also amazing

Hopefully they won't ruin the next season..
Tee~Heee 😜
Sep 18, 2021 3:11 AM
Sep 2015
They really save the best episode for the last (technically semi-last since we've one more to go), it's really saving this season from a rough start (which is still better than other anime), but with this episode, HeroAca is able to maintain its gold standard in every season, the visual, the music, the sound effect is in Hollywood level.

And the golden rule of superhero genre, "hero is only as good as his villain", so now HeroAca has a high quality villain's story, we can expect a high quality hero's story too.

I hope HeroAca new movie will get a release in my country soon, gonna get lonely in a one-year gap between season 5 and season 6.
Sep 18, 2021 3:12 AM

Dec 2008
“Origin” episodes never disappoint. 5/5
Sep 18, 2021 3:14 AM
Oct 2016
Shigaraki has taken his place as the new king of the liberation movement. ReDestro abdication letting Shigaraki ascend to his rightful place as the top. We learn a bit more backstory regarding what happened after he killed his family. People on the street just passing the poor kid by thinking someone will come eventually. Like no that should be you helping him! Help this kid who's desperate for a hand to reach out. Of course their complacency and reliance on the heroes drove them all to pass him by. Leading to the absolute worst person imaginable lending a hand out to poor young Tenko.

I love the part of Shigaraki backstory where we see him first get that strange sensation of using his quirk with the hands around his body. The first step towards becoming the devil's successor. The reveal of how he got his new name. Tomura because he will bring people mourning, Shigaraki because that all for one's name, its just so cool and adds to an already crazy backstory for Tenko.

After all these things flooding back Shigaraki is able to unleash his crazy strong decay blast at ReDestro. Whom even with that stress adding support item still isn't enough to stop Shigaraki now that he's unlocked his full power. ReDestro even having to relinquish power over to Shigaraki after seeing how truly liberated he is now. Gigantomachia recognizing Shigaraki as a true successor leading this army like all for one did.

All the pieces have fallen into place as the League of Villains and Meta Liberation Army are absorbed as the Paranormal Liberation Front is born. Shigaraki at the top of it all as the doctor agrees to give him power, which are those experiments we saw Shigaraki undergoing before. Only the finale is left as the heroes prepare as best they can for this new powerful threat.
Sep 18, 2021 3:24 AM

Jul 2019
The rest of Shigaraki backstory has been adapted pretty well, the final fight with Re-destro could have been better but it was still good, what bothers me is the absence of Nakamura since he did 2 cuts on the joint training arc.

EDIT: Also the removal of this panel was disappointing

Fax001sSep 18, 2021 3:32 AM
Sep 18, 2021 3:26 AM
May 2021
This is fairly easily the best episode this season and I can't wait for the last episode of the season cause apparently the war arc is next and it's building up so much hype for it
Sep 18, 2021 3:31 AM

Feb 2013
I love when the MCs main villain and their road to being the top dog is showcased as deeply as Shigarashi's has been. Between his actual backstory, the day his quirk activated, revenge/actions on Overhaul and now making ReDestro look like a lapdog so badly his own men are starting to resent him, Shigarashi has imo entered that Top Villain GOAT discussion with Madara, Aizen, Griffith, Dio, your pick

I'm going to be the Wizard Hokage of the Pirates!!!!
Sep 18, 2021 3:36 AM
Jun 2021
On the anime website I watch (https://m.wcostream.com/?nomobile=1) S5 E24 hasn't been made yet
A bad anime what do you do. Ignore It.

What do you do on MAL when you see a bad anime. Drop it Obviously
Sep 18, 2021 3:46 AM
Feb 2021
Pre_Yum said:
Another My Villain Academia episode and we're still digging deep into Shigaraki's past. Man... it was sad seeing him like that. Nobody was willing to help the little kid. It's no wonder he turned out the way he did.

Gigantomachia also made an appearance in this episode. And, it was crazy to see Shigaraki acting like a psychopath with all the things he has been through his whole life. I'm glad to see that Toga is alright. The Liberation Army and the League of Villains have united with each other under "The Paranormal Liberation Front".

It is kinda obvious who survives cause they did show 5-8 episodes back. So no surprise
Sep 18, 2021 3:47 AM

Aug 2015
I think this may be the best episode of the season.

Sep 18, 2021 4:06 AM

May 2013
Even more of these lame villains! This has to be the worst arc in the series so far.
The villains in this show have always been kind of dull, giving them all this extra screen time has only highlighted how utterly uninteresting they really are.
Sep 18, 2021 4:07 AM

Jan 2013

everything was great except for this

also they changed the moment Shiggy's hair turns white, in the manga it was after he destroyed the hands but in the anime it was after he went plus ultra with his quirk
Sep 18, 2021 4:09 AM
Dec 2020
bhaktivinoda said:
Even more of these lame villains! This has to be the worst arc in the series so far.
The villains in this show have always been kind of dull, giving them all this extra screen time has only highlighted how utterly uninteresting they really are.
hahahaa...if you don't like this arc then you should probably drop it...coz for you it's gonna get worse
Sep 18, 2021 4:24 AM

Aug 2021
bhaktivinoda said:
we all had one life, and you decide to use it by hating on one of the best arcs of the series. You will die, a forgotten waste of potential. That's why I don't get mad, just pity.
Sep 18, 2021 4:33 AM
Jul 2020
What a episode, despite MVA nog being good as a manga its still probably best MHA arc till now in terms of writing and devolpment. Bones really went plus Ultra with shigaraki ddcay scene and i love it
Sep 18, 2021 4:33 AM
Mar 2021
Great Episode😄
One Piece Gintama Jojos Bizzare Adventure Are My Favorite Anime
Sep 18, 2021 4:37 AM

May 2013
itz_Aditya28 said:
bhaktivinoda said:
hahahaa...if you don't like this arc then you should probably drop it...coz for you it's gonna get worse

no way, i love this show too much to drop, how much worse can it get lol

Daryllkun said:
bhaktivinoda said:
we all had one life, and you decide to use it by hating on one of the best arcs of the series. You will die, a forgotten waste of potential. That's why I don't get mad, just pity.

i really want to enjoy it as i think this show is awesome, this arc is just not for me i guess
Sep 18, 2021 4:44 AM
Jun 2021
It was amazing and I love Toga's New look with the eye patch💖
Sep 18, 2021 4:44 AM
Jun 2021
It was amazing and I love Toga's New look with the eye patch💖
Sep 18, 2021 4:46 AM

Aug 2021
bhaktivinoda said:
itz_Aditya28 said:

mha gets better after joint training arc, instead of going to get better but for you it's going to get worse since you didn't like mva. It's like the opposite for you, that is what he's also saying, hence "for you, it's gonna get worse" only for you.

Sep 18, 2021 4:52 AM

May 2020
Great episode once again. Shigaraki is such a dope villain the moment his hair changed white and his laughter in the background when everything was getting destroyed was just omg hype. The Voice Actors and OSTs were on point. Looking forward for what’s coming especially now since Shigaraki is going to get even stronger.
SkyKidSep 18, 2021 5:02 AM
If you want me to prepare a rope for the sake of hanging yourself, forget it. But… If it's a rope for the sake of pulling you up from Hell, no matter how many ropes it takes, I'll prepare them for you. ~Sakata Gintoki
Sep 18, 2021 5:02 AM

Aug 2021
bhaktivinoda said:
itz_Aditya28 said:

Daryllkun said:

i really want to enjoy it as i think this show is awesome, this arc is just not for me i guess

Horikoshi risked mha by making an arc without the protagonist, despite that people really like this arc because this arc takes a more mature and realistic approach in storytelling that is missing in most of the previous arcs. People who only like mha because of deku, bakugo, or todoroki will find this arc not good, so it's understandable that you didn't like it but don't say that it is the worst arc or lame villains because you're just hating on it, just say that the arc isn't for you which you did. That's all
Sep 18, 2021 5:03 AM
Oct 2018
bhaktivinoda said:

I was not expecting much from mal forums but this is by far the worst take i have seen here.
Sep 18, 2021 5:07 AM
Oct 2018
bhaktivinoda said:
itz_Aditya28 said:

Daryllkun said:

You won't like things going further than. It's shigaraki's show from here on. You are in very extreme minority that have absolute garbage taste and don't like the absolutely amazing writing of villains and prefer boring one dimensional heroes.
Sep 18, 2021 5:16 AM

May 2013
Nik03178 said:
bhaktivinoda said:

You won't like things going further than. It's shigaraki's show from here on. You are in very extreme minority that have absolute garbage taste and don't like the absolutely amazing writing of villains and prefer boring one dimensional heroes.

Just because my opinion is different from yours doesnt mean its garbage lol, I'm honestly impressed you think these generic villains are well written. I actually don't mind cliche shonen villians at all but this arc just takes it too far.
Sep 18, 2021 5:31 AM

May 2020
We again got to see how much of a evil AFO is, leading Shigaraki to that path. Now Shigaraki's authority is totally unmatchable, Re destero giving up himself and his organization to him is a proof of this.

Paranormal Liberation Front, the new villian's organization will be a much bigger threat for the heroes than the League of Villians. Just one more episode to go after this, will see where they will wrap this up.
Softhenic03Dec 4, 2021 2:51 AM
Sep 18, 2021 5:35 AM

Jun 2014
The final episode of MVA, showing the true awakening of Shiggy. They really snapped on the animation for the decay scene. Obviously not everything was perfect and there was some censored parts, but compared to how mid most of this season has been, this episode was basically a godsend. The Paranormal Liberation Front has been established, and now the stage is being set for all out war between them and the heroes. As much as I disliked the decision to switch the order of arcs around this season, I'll admit that it's nice that we got the Endeavor Agency arc out of the way so that we can go straight from this arc to the PLW arc.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 18, 2021 5:54 AM

Apr 2018
Tenko Shimura changes into Tomura Shigaraki.

AFO made a monster an even bigger monster than you can imagine. Shigaraki is absolutely the best villian in the show, next to Stain. Well, even Re-Destro is nothing against Shigaraki's decay quirk. And that little bit of sakura moments were absolutely EPIC. Fleshed out Shigaraki's character a bit more thanks to the backstory and what he achieved right now.

Gigantomachia finally acknowlegded him as the new succesor, half-way tho.
It's the end of the MVA arc and soon we'll be getting in Paranormal Liberation Front Arc but that won't be for this season.

MVA was good but could have been better.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Sep 18, 2021 6:09 AM
Dec 2015
Re-Destro didn't stand a chance at all
Sep 18, 2021 6:13 AM

Sep 2017
The 100k liberations clowns were defeated by a squad of like 6 ppl just as quickly as the came to relevancy. But now they have become spooky liberation clown army so that's a thing I guess.
Sep 18, 2021 6:15 AM

Mar 2010
Toga stole da show, too hawt to handle looking all banged up and bandaged up.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Sep 18, 2021 6:18 AM

Feb 2014
Like with last week, the origin episodes for Tomura was intriguing and satisfying. We got to see how he wandered around after slaying his family before being found by All For One, who eventually put him on the path to where is is now, as well as giving him the name "Tomura Shigaraki", where Shigaraki is All For One's actual surname.

At this point, Re-Destro didn't stand a chance, even when he used his trump card. Although we only got a short scene of it, the animation quality for Tomura's decay powers going berserk was excellent.

Thanks to his victory, the Paranormal Liberation Front has been born and it'll be a tough adversary for our heroes to take on. I assume the last episode will be mainly a build-up towards the next big arc, but I do look forward to it regardless. =)
Sep 18, 2021 6:21 AM
Sep 2020

Just because my opinion is different from yours doesnt mean its garbage lol, I'm honestly impressed you think these generic villains are well written. I actually don't mind cliche shonen villians at all but this arc just takes it too far.

"Generic Villains"...

all the things you said above were tolerable, but.. really? How are these Villains 'Generic'? What show are you even watching? BIG LOL
Sep 18, 2021 6:39 AM
May 2018
Great episode and saga, not excellent since the manga still managed to have a more fulfilling execution, but it's hard to completely ruin that particular saga, so I'm happy at least the final section was great and a saver for the whole season. Did they showed short flashback of a scene that wasn't adapted? When Tomura considered the Re-destro's offer, I find that funny for some reason, like maybe they actually animated some of those, but now thanks to the change it will forever stay in limbo.
Sep 18, 2021 6:57 AM
Ooga Booga

Jul 2020
I guess Tomura got the edgy-white hair character development? Well was good to see the rest of his backstory.

smoochie smoochie

Sep 18, 2021 7:01 AM

Jan 2018
holy shit
shigaraki literally turned into kanke mage

memes aside this was a good episode
Sep 18, 2021 7:02 AM

Oct 2016
Now that MVA in the anime is finished, I can definitely say that 6 episodes would have been perfect instead of 5 and they wouldn't have needed to cut anything. But this episode specifically was fantastic though. Other than how they butchered the start of the arc, Spinner and cutting some Re-Destro stuff, I'd say the rest is great. Though, I suggest reading the manga version of MVA for the complete experience.

Man, Shigaraki looks so fucking good with the white hair, he looks so much better. Re-Destro turned into a Shigaraki simp real q u i c k. Really looking forward to the season finale, though I am more excited for season 6. Hopefully with no more bullshit production decisions.
Sep 18, 2021 7:41 AM
Jul 2018
literally peak mha anime
Sep 18, 2021 7:43 AM
Feb 2020
Fax001s said:
The rest of Shigaraki backstory has been adapted pretty well, the final fight with Re-destro could have been better but it was still good, what bothers me is the absence of Nakamura since he did 2 cuts on the joint training arc.

EDIT: Also the removal of this panel was disappointing

I think they’re saving nakamura for the last episode
Sep 18, 2021 7:52 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Damn Shigaraki is the new leader after that huge battle and it's surprising that he didn't die, seems like they'll be even harder to beat now and since they said there will be a big battle villain vs heroes that start next ep I really can't wait (even though it's the last one for this season)
Sep 18, 2021 8:05 AM
Jun 2015
Well that was underwhelming. Honestly Shigaraki is just boring and I dont really care about any of the other villains. 4/10
Sep 18, 2021 8:41 AM

Oct 2020
Man, what an episode. Damn, this episode highlights the transformation from regular Shigaraki to being an absolute leader. Shigaraki's new genesis! Really, the fight was pretty much over before it started after all that character development on Shigaraki.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 18, 2021 8:47 AM
Apr 2015
Nik03178 said:
bhaktivinoda said:

Lol it’s not Shigaraki’s show ….. the only had the spotlight for this arc. Next arc it’s back to the school
Sep 18, 2021 9:03 AM

Apr 2014
If anything I think they did a nice job with MVA. However, I really wanted them to adapt everything correctly. Like they did with Class joint battle arc. They should've adapted Spinner's narration and his other stuff with this one. Of course I wanted better art detail and some animation when it came to Toga's scenes. Sure I may be nitpicking too much. But let's just say I wanted it to be better. It is good how they adapted it. Though it could've been better.
alphazero4umSep 18, 2021 9:06 AM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2021

202 by bapaejoget »»
Apr 18, 9:17 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2021

193 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 9, 12:55 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2021

297 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 7, 11:57 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2021

293 by Yurisu »»
Mar 28, 4:39 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2021

118 by oozePOP »»
Mar 15, 1:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.