Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 6, 2021 9:37 AM

May 2020
FMmatron said:
Mayora_oji13 said:
Is it just me or does this look more like they passed each other after attacking, and not a coc coating clash?

The comment on the side says it was a clash. I'm more interested to see how much of a toll it's gonna take on Yamato. Kaido doesn't even seem to go all out yet.

Yeah, I guess it was a CoC clash. I didn't pay much attention to the comment because there was a similar panel in chapter 923 when Kaido and Luffy fought for the first time, and in that panel there was no comment, that Luffy could not use CoC, so I thought this was not CoC as well, and that has been on my mind ever since I read this chapter. Also, for some reason, Viz's translation also came without any comments. I don't if that's always the case or just this once.

Most likely Yamato is going down in the next chapter.

"I'd rather my heart stopped than lose what's most important to me.
Even when I'm old and my spine is bent...my soul's got to be straight." - Gintoki

Sep 6, 2021 9:44 AM

Nov 2016
Mayora_oji13 said:
FMmatron said:

The comment on the side says it was a clash. I'm more interested to see how much of a toll it's gonna take on Yamato. Kaido doesn't even seem to go all out yet.

Yeah, I guess it is a CoC clash. I didn't pay much attention to the comment because there was a similar panel in chapter 923 when Kaido and Luffy fought for the first time, and in that panel there was no comment, that Luffy could not use CoC, so I thought this was not CoC as well. Also, for some reason, Viz's translation also came without any comments. I don't if that's always the case or just this once.

I'm not sure what you mean, but Luffy couldn't use CoC armament back then.

And indeed, over for Yamato and people who think she high diffs Zoro or Sanji.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 6, 2021 9:49 AM

May 2020
FMmatron said:
Mayora_oji13 said:

Yeah, I guess it is a CoC clash. I didn't pay much attention to the comment because there was a similar panel in chapter 923 when Kaido and Luffy fought for the first time, and in that panel there was no comment, that Luffy could not use CoC, so I thought this was not CoC as well. Also, for some reason, Viz's translation also came without any comments. I don't if that's always the case or just this once.

yeah, this is exactly what I was trying to say, at that time Luffy couldn't use Conqueror coating, but the panel and the lighting effects were quite similar to this one, so I thought that Yamato also can't use it.

People overhype Conqueror coating way too much, in their eyes anyone who can use it is automatically a top-tier and can defeat anyone who can't.

"I'd rather my heart stopped than lose what's most important to me.
Even when I'm old and my spine is bent...my soul's got to be straight." - Gintoki

Sep 6, 2021 10:00 AM

Nov 2016
Mayora_oji13 said:
FMmatron said:

yeah, this is exactly what I was trying to say, at that time Luffy couldn't use Conqueror coating, but the panel and the lighting effects were quite similar to this one, so I thought that Yamato also can't use it.

People overhype Conqueror coating way too much, in their eyes anyone who can use it is automatically a top-tier and can defeat anyone who can't.

The lighting effects in 923 that came just from Kaido's Thunder Bagua didn't look as proncounced as the one here. Which makes sense, since this one was a clash and all. A similar black lighting was also used when Ulti or others fought btw.

It's still to early to say for sure, but if we take Kaido's word, then only a few powerful individuals can use it. In other words, the top of the top.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 15, 2021 5:09 AM
May 2021
I just watched a video, that this is possibly another foreshadowing for Usopp
Sep 19, 2021 2:02 AM

Jun 2008
Morayne said:
I really want her to join the strawhats as we need more physically strong women like Robin but the only problem I have is that she knows everything with Oden's Logbook. She bascially knows what the One Piece is.

I just can't see her joining like this.

I really doubt Oden would've written down detail's about Laugh Tale and One Piece. He didn't even tell the people closest to him. Besides, that would instantly kill the hunt for the red poneglyphs.
Nov 1, 2021 5:48 PM

Feb 2018
Yamato's flashback was awesome. Darn samurai and their immunity towards hunger :') ! Wish we could've heard more of Oden's voyage log..!!
Mar 21, 2022 2:41 PM

Jun 2019
Little Yamato... so freaking adorable. And, who's that samurai guy?
Apr 13, 2022 4:08 PM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Yamato Conquerors Haki confirmed!! And sheeesh Yamato is tough, doing a good job standing up against Kaido.

That's Ushimaru (former Ringo Daimyo) being held captive with Yamato in the flashback right?? It adds up (~20 years ago after Kaido took over). He TOTALLY looks like Zoro's Dad... Maybe this Shimotsuki Kozaburo (Zoro's sensei - Koshiro's Dad) who went to the East Blue, is also Ushimaru's Dad? And maybe Ushimaru had a kid (Zoro) but didn't want to raise them in Wano because of the danger, and maybe Kozaburo came back to pick up Zoro? Not sure...

I wonder how Oda will tie this all together nicely.
Oct 21, 2022 4:54 AM
Apr 2017
incredible chapter, momonosuke is now an adult
Nov 10, 2022 5:35 PM

Apr 2018
Feel like so many fights are happening at once. It makes me a bit too hard to follow enjoyment-wise. Aside from that, it's Kaido versus Yamato back at it. Can't wait to see what kind of abilities she has with her DF.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Nov 18, 2022 1:16 PM

May 2021
L'epic endurance Yamato has though it's understandable considering how Kaido treated her since her childhood.

Jan 22, 2023 4:57 PM
Aug 2019
add shimotsuki ushimaru in the list
Mar 2, 2023 12:55 AM
Jan 2022
PEAK FICTION
Monkey D Luffy solos all fiction
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1114 Discussion

AhriTheS3xyFox - May 1

1 by FMmatron »»
Yesterday, 7:16 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1113 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FMmatron - Apr 23

55 by steeltec »»
May 1, 11:17 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1110 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FMmatron - Mar 12

64 by cry4heals »»
May 1, 5:18 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1081 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Apr 17, 2023

74 by anubela »»
May 1, 9:56 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 770 Discussion ( 1 2 )

LunyRem - Dec 11, 2014

50 by KoniginElle »»
Apr 26, 11:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.