Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 2, 2021 12:46 AM

Oct 2015
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
So yamato has conquerors huh
Damn she's no joke

Also damn we finally see zoros father

@fmmatron
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
Sep 2, 2021 1:18 AM
Jul 2020
Not as fire as I thought as i had my hopes very high after those last 2 chapters but it was a good set up chapter.Learnt some lore and glad to see Yamato in action .Hope her character gets a bit more shine 4/5 chapter.
Sep 2, 2021 1:25 AM
Jul 2018
Cliffhanger somehow. Pretty good last paneling.
Sep 2, 2021 2:33 AM

Jan 2015
Finally, the Yamato flashback we waiting for.

So it seems, rip for the "certain someone" and co.
This is now very close to revelation but how Zoro ends up in East blue still bothering me. Wonder how Oda will pull this off.

Kaido is so obsessed with Wano more than what it seems; wonder if it related like he some kind of descendant of the ancient giant/race too, certain connection talk about the history of that massive skull as their main base.

la critique de l'intention pure
Sep 2, 2021 2:52 AM

Oct 2020
So Yamato is strong af, good flashback too

Im really curious to know how Zoro got to the East Blue, seems like we already know who his father is

The next chapter will be the end of volume 101, i think

Sep 2, 2021 5:13 AM

Nov 2016
These posters with characters from the popularity poll are looking dope.

We got another overview of the Straw Hats where Usopp does his usual thing. No, this flex is the worst since he didn't do anything noteworthy at all xD Bruh, he gotta make up in some sort of way. That part was funny and we learned that the fight against Big Mom is heated, but the rest of the panels were kinda wasted again.

Yamato's flashback ✅ (probably just a taste of the whole thing) Almost nothing speaks against joining the Straw Hats anymore. With her there would be 3 conquerors on board. Dunno about Rogers crew, there was a young Shanks with the potential and maybe Gaban. So let's say 5 users along with Roger, Rayleigh and Oden. There's also Shanks crew we don’t know anything about yet. We can assume that they gotta be the strongest when it comes to Haki, however. Still, as of now the Straw Hats would be #1. Yamato is doing great in this fight so far. Unfortunately I can see it going down for her from here. Wouldn't surprise me if the damage from the Thunder Bagua clash is gonna affect Yamato more than Kaido, it's possible that there will be an aftershock at the beginning of the next chapter.

Ushimaru Shimotsuki looking like a mature Zoro.

There's the symbol on his back.

The case seems clear. I'm still gonna play devil's advocate because there's no confirmation. What we know for a fact is that it was Kozaburo who left Wano 55 years ago and eventually settled down in East Blue where he founded Shimotsuki Village. We know that other people were with him, so we can't exclude the possibility of a bastard son. Zoro could be from one of the other people or just as well one of the natives who learned about the way of sword from the Wano people. Taking that into account it's no surprise that Zoro's fighting style is so similar.

What I'm gonna say next might be a reach, but what if Zoro's similarity with Ushimaru stems from a spiritual nature, as he's also fighting for Kuina, a legit Shimotsuki. Either that or it's from Ryuma. Ushimaru died after Zoro was born, which would speak against it as far as I'm concerned. If Zoro is indeed his son, tho, then that would mean someone had to escape with a baby Zoro from Wano. If that was the case, how did they end up in East Blue? They couldn't have known about Shimotsuki Village since Wano was an isolated island and it still is. Did Kozaburo leave a message knowing that he would end up in the East? Shit doesn't really add up. The spiritual successor element is also vague, but on the other hand a significant element in One Piece so I don't feel like ruling it out yet. In the end Oda could come up with many possible scenarios. Ushimaru is a grandpa, uncle, some other relative. We'll probably have to wait till the end of the arc and the legendary bangquet to get more info.

Sweet chapter. Especially for Yamato fans. Flashback, Haoshoku, tie with daddy. Add her seiyuu for the anime. This week was W.

No break next week makes things even better. Can't remember the last time when we had 4 chapters in a row. Definitely not last year xD

Btw

A drawing of Ryuma from Wanted

I wouldn't give too much about Zoro looking like Ushimaru.
FMmatronSep 2, 2021 5:45 AM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 3, 2021 12:23 AM

Apr 2014
Man. Yamato will really become a strong ally to the Straw Hat Pirates if she joins the crew. I mean Conqueror's Haki? Seriously? Wow. She can even use it at an advanced level too. She is so damn cute. What the hell?! Oda stop making good hot women or a trap that is looking good looking. XD
Sep 3, 2021 12:28 AM

Oct 2017
Pure Yamato hype boys! She can use conquerer's Haki yo!

With the recent announcement of Hayami Saori being Yamato's seiyuu and after this epic Yamato focused chapter my urge to see Yamato as a member of the Straw Hats just got that much higher.
Sep 3, 2021 1:07 AM
Jan 2017
I really want her to join the strawhats as we need more physically strong women like Robin but the only problem I have is that she knows everything with Oden's Logbook. She bascially knows what the One Piece is.

I just can't see her joining like this.
Sep 3, 2021 1:09 AM
Jun 2016
Brook killed me XD XD XD
wait !! is that zoro's father !! :o
Sep 3, 2021 1:10 AM
Aug 2016
Yeahhh, Yamato is NOT joining this crew. She's fucking wayyy stronger than luffy..

We just spent the last 2 chapters calling zoro and sanji as luffy's wings.. What's oda going to do if she joins.. Give her the "robin" treatment??? Fuck no.. That's just quality ruining
Sep 3, 2021 1:10 AM
Jul 2018
This chapter wasn't great as last 2 chapters but this chapter shows the Emotion more than last 2 chapters and great character development of Yamato as well.
Now I really want Yamato to join Straw Hats crew.

No break next week:)
Sep 3, 2021 1:12 AM

Jun 2014
Nice Yamato flashback and we get more hints and tidbits regarding Zoro's lineage. That Conqueror Haki clash at the end though, man this fight is great. Can't wait for Momo and Luffy to join. No break next week either? We're actually getting 4 straight chapters for the first time in god knows how long, Oda's pen must be juiced up right now lol.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 3, 2021 1:13 AM
Jul 2018
Literally no one can stop Oda, he is on a roll.
GODAAAAAAAAAA

The last panels of last three chapters are god tier.
Sep 3, 2021 1:22 AM

Mar 2015
at this point, it would be bigger twist if yamato didn't join starhat crew. just like vivi in alabasta saga.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Sep 3, 2021 1:33 AM
Jan 2017
nakkki said:
Yeahhh, Yamato is NOT joining this crew. She's fucking wayyy stronger than luffy..

We just spent the last 2 chapters calling zoro and sanji as luffy's wings.. What's oda going to do if she joins.. Give her the "robin" treatment??? Fuck no.. That's just quality ruining

How is it quality ruining? I also think Oda needs to give a good reason why she should join as she knows all secrets in the world due to the logbook but there is no quality ruining inside the dynamics of the strawhat crew. Jinbe has joined too despite having a higher bounty than Zorro and Sanji and being really strong.

And Yamato is not stronger than Luffy.
Sep 3, 2021 1:36 AM
Aug 2016
Morayne said:
nakkki said:

How is it quality ruining? I also think Oda needs to give a good reason why she should join as she knows all secrets in the world due to the logbook but there is no quality ruining inside the dynamics of the strawhat crew. Jinbe has joined too despite having a higher bounty than Zorro and Sanji and being really strong.

And Yamato is not stronger than Luffy.

SHE TANKED TWO NAMED ATTACKS FROM KAIDO BACK TO BACK
SHE HASN'T BEEN KNOCKED DOWN EVEN ONCE!!!
KAIDO HASN'T EVEN GIVEN HER A CLEAN HIT

Luffy has gotten slept TWICE in the number of chapters Yamato and kaido have been fighting for
Sep 3, 2021 1:47 AM
Jan 2017

You don't need to scream. I can't take you serious like this.

Luffy got knocked out twice because he couldn't cope with the speed and fighting style of Kaido. He is not used fighting someone like him. Yamato has been fighting with Kaido for like 20 years in a row. She is used to his attacks and withstands them better. But if she actually was stronger than Luffy she could beat Kaido herself and wouldn't need any help by him.
Sep 3, 2021 1:49 AM
Aug 2016
Morayne said:

You don't need to scream. I can't take you serious like this.

Luffy got knocked out twice because he couldn't cope with the speed and fighting style of Kaido. He is not used fighting someone like him. Yamato has been fighting with Kaido for like 20 years in a row. She is used to his attacks and withstands them better but none of that proves that she is "stronger" than Luffy, dude. If she actually was stronger than Luffy she could beat Kaido herself and wouldn't need any help by him.

Holdup.. Do you think the gap between kaido and luffy is little.. It's a wide gap still. Kaido was even crying on why he took him serious.. And all what you've said... Isn't that an evidence of her being stronger... She can withstand the attacks of the world's strongest creature more than luffy.. Her strength and durability is stronger than luffy.. Simple

Yamato is closer to the strength of kaido than luffy is.

This is like saying because you've been training under a master for years.. I shouldn't count you being able to react to him and having the strength to withstand his attacks as a true measure of strength when that is literally the same stats you'll use to fight someone else

Now the master we're talking about is the world's strongest creature.. Cmon
nakkkiSep 3, 2021 1:56 AM
Sep 3, 2021 2:02 AM
Jan 2017
nakkki said:

Holdup.. Do you think the gap between kaido and luffy is little.. It's a wide gap still. Kaido was even crying on why he took him serious.. And all what you've said... Isn't that an evidence of her being stronger... She can withstand the attacks of the world's strongest creature more than luffy.. Her strength and durability is stronger than luffy.. Simple

Not that simple. You are confusing attack power/strength with durability.

This is the term that you were looking for: Durability.

Yamato is Kaido's child and she is a Zoan user. We had it specifically stated twice in this arc that Zoan users are very durable to physical attacks (it was right after Luffy using G4 against Ulti and she stood up right after it). Yamato is able to withstand them better because she is used to it with her being a Zoan user, being Kaido's child and fighting him for 20 years. Luffy is not a Zoan user and he is not used to fighting him.

Again, if Yamato was in fact stronger (stronger as in: Having more raw attack power) than Luffy, then she should beat Kaido herself. But she knows that she can't which is why she is buying time for Luffy to return. Luffy does not have as much durability and it's why he lost twice.

I hope you understand it now. I don't buy this "Yamato is stronger than Luffy" stuff. More durable? Yes. More attack power than Luffy? No.
Sep 3, 2021 2:06 AM
Aug 2016
Morayne said:
nakkki said:

Not that simple. You are confusing attack power/strength with durability.

This is the term that you were looking for: Durability.

Yamato is Kaido's child and she is a Zoan user. We had it specifically stated twice in this arc that Zoan users are very durable to physical attacks (it was right after Luffy using G4 against Ulti and she stood up right after it). Yamato is able to withstand them better because she is used to it with her being a Zoan user, being Kaido's child and fighting him for 20 years. Luffy is not a Zoan user and he is not used to fighting him.

Again, if Yamato was in fact stronger (stronger as in: Having more raw attack power) than Luffy, then she should beat Kaido herself. But she knows that she can't which is why she is buying time for Luffy to return. Luffy does not have as much durability and it's why he lost twice.

I hope you understand it now. I don't buy this "Yamato is stronger than Luffy" stuff. More durable? Yes. More attack power than Luffy? No.

How are you still fixated on this "if Yamato is stronger than luffy then she should beat kaido".. Again. The gap between kaido and luffy's strength is much. Another person can easily fit in the middle of that gap... I get your durability points but there are many people in the one piece world that are stronger than this luffy that still wouldn't be able to beat kaido

And when i say stronger... I mean as a whole and not just attack power
nakkkiSep 3, 2021 2:11 AM
Sep 3, 2021 2:12 AM
Jan 2017
nakkki said:

How are you still fixated on this "if Yamato is stronger than luffy then she should beat kaido".. Again. The gap between kaido and luffy's strength is much. Another person can easily fit in the middle of that gap... I get your durability points but there are many people in the one piece world that are stronger than this luffy that still wouldn't be able to beat kaido

I'm only fixated on it, because you kept saying that Yamato is stronger than Luffy and it irritated me. At least we are in agreement about the durability part. She is more durable than Luffy and it's perfect for buying time.

"If it's 1vs1, Kaido wins". The gap between the strength is a lot between him and Luffy and Luffy only began to really understand the trick to defeat Kaido by the end of the second round (Kaido coating himself in King's Haki). I can only see Luffy winning by understanding this trick + possible devil fruit awakening (After 200 chapters of introducing it, Oda has to give us more to it)
Sep 3, 2021 2:13 AM
Jul 2018
A great Yamato-themed chapter, fruitful flashback/information.

No breakuuu~~ next week! 🥳
Sep 3, 2021 2:26 AM
Aug 2016
Morayne said:
nakkki said:

I'm only fixated on it, because you kept saying that Yamato is stronger than Luffy and it irritated me. At least we are in agreement about the durability part. She is more durable than Luffy and it's perfect for buying time.

"If it's 1vs1, Kaido wins". The gap between the strength is a lot between him and Luffy and Luffy only began to really understand the trick to defeat Kaido by the end of the second round (Kaido coating himself in King's Haki). I can only see Luffy winning by understanding this trick + possible devil fruit awakening (After 200 chapters of introducing it, Oda has to give us more to it)

But what about zoro and sanji.... Lets be real she's high diffing zoro and mid diffing sanji with this... More people are going to want to expect more from her after this.. If oda puts all the strawhats in continuous development every new arc as he usually does. Yamato literally is a wing now.. I prefer her starting her own crew. Being a new gen Yonko.. This is just off tbh.. Because for this zoro and sanji to catch up... Oda has to seriously sideline her for the next arc/2 arcs and it's freaking Yamato. Fans will not like it

With jimbei.. It was simpler. He didn't actually join until 3rd act of wano giving oda enough time to power up zoro and sanji... After this fight, she wants to leave.
Sep 3, 2021 2:37 AM
Jul 2020
An okayish chapter as some panels were too much filled with fodders and filler but a good fight and avg backsotry.The last panel upped the chapter and the colour panel is just brilliant.It could have been 5/5 if Yamato's backstory could have some other lore.But no break next week so excited whats in store
Sep 3, 2021 3:32 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Why do I feel like the nameless samurai will end up being someone important? He gave me Shimotsuki Ushimaru resemblance.

Also, I'm glad the debate has ended, Yamato has conqueror's.
Sep 3, 2021 5:38 AM

Apr 2017
momo might marry yamato and they become king and queen
Sep 3, 2021 6:16 AM
Jan 2017
Ayu_01 said:
An okayish chapter as some panels were too much filled with fodders and filler but a good fight and avg backsotry.The last panel upped the chapter and the colour panel is just brilliant.It could have been 5/5 if Yamato's backstory could have some other lore.But no break next week so excited whats in store

Define other lore. We are potentially getting information on Zoro's backstory through her flashback which is really cool.

nakkki said:
Morayne said:

But what about zoro and sanji.... Lets be real she's high diffing zoro and mid diffing sanji with this... More people are going to want to expect more from her after this.. If oda puts all the strawhats in continuous development every new arc as he usually does. Yamato literally is a wing now.. I prefer her starting her own crew. Being a new gen Yonko.. This is just off tbh.. Because for this zoro and sanji to catch up... Oda has to seriously sideline her for the next arc/2 arcs and it's freaking Yamato. Fans will not like it

With jimbei.. It was simpler. He didn't actually join until 3rd act of wano giving oda enough time to power up zoro and sanji... After this fight, she wants to leave.

Nothing about Zoro and Sanji. Oda and One Piece do not follow classic powerlevel hierarchy. The Monster Trio is thought up by fans. We also need to see what the Raid Suit does with Sanji's body, as he finally gets the upgrade he always needed. But still he joined the crew as the fifth member and not as the third, if Oda wanted him to be seen as the third strongest all the time. Yamato can join the strawhats despite being stronger than Zoro or Sanji. The dynamics will be even better with somebody like her. Oda as a writer has a different view on his characters than we do and sometimes it's better this way. The only thing that is unclear to me is that she knows all secrets, so it would be strange to join her. I will need to see what Oda plans.

The strawhats are Roger Pirates of the current times. And Oden, despite being one of the strongest characters of his time, still joined the Roger pirates during his journey through the world. So he was potentially rivaling Roger/Rayleigh and still was part of his crew. The same will happen with Yamato, most likely.

She will also not start to become an Emperor herself. You need to see the whole picture.

The entire point of this arc is to defeat Kaido and Big Mom and shake the emperors as part of the triforce. The seven samurai have already been abolished due to Luffy's actions. The emperors will fall too. The marine is currently waiting for them to fall and will most likely start an attack on everyone in their weakened state, as soon as the war is over. Then they will probably attack Blackbeard and Shanks as the remaining emperors. They want to become the ultimate force and will use this chance to abolish the emperors and rid the world of the strongest pirates in the world. They will do something for sure and will not let this chance pass.
MorayneSep 3, 2021 6:31 AM
Sep 3, 2021 6:52 AM
Oct 2015
Jeez, I think Yamato's on par with Zoro. Damn this would make Strawhats strong af. Last panel with Kaido was glorious btw.
Sep 3, 2021 6:55 AM
Jul 2018
Morayne said:
Ayu_01 said:

Define other lore. We are potentially getting information on Zoro's backstory through her flashback which is really cool.

nakkki said:

Nothing about Zoro and Sanji. Oda and One Piece do not follow classic powerlevel hierarchy. The Monster Trio is thought up by fans. We also need to see what the Raid Suit does with Sanji's body, as he finally gets the upgrade he always needed. But still he joined the crew as the fifth member and not as the third, if Oda wanted him to be seen as the third strongest all the time. Yamato can join the strawhats despite being stronger than Zoro or Sanji. The dynamics will be even better with somebody like her. Oda as a writer has a different view on his characters than we do and sometimes it's better this way. The only thing that is unclear to me is that she knows all secrets, so it would be strange to join her. I will need to see what Oda plans.

The strawhats are Roger Pirates of the current times. And Oden, despite being one of the strongest characters of his time, still joined the Roger pirates during his journey through the world. So he was potentially rivaling Roger/Rayleigh and still was part of his crew. The same will happen with Yamato, most likely.

She will also not start to become an Emperor herself. You need to see the whole picture.

The entire point of this arc is to defeat Kaido and Big Mom and shake the emperors as part of the triforce. The seven samurai have already been abolished due to Luffy's actions. The emperors will fall too. The marine is currently waiting for them to fall and will most likely start an attack on everyone in their weakened state, as soon as the war is over. Then they will probably attack Blackbeard and Shanks as the remaining emperors. They want to become the ultimate force and will use this chance to abolish the emperors and rid the world of the strongest pirates in the world. They will do something for sure and will not let this chance pass.

It's only my guess, but if yamato dies at the end of war then it will be epic because everyone wants a important character or a fan favorite character to die in wano war.
And yamato is a fan fav character right now.
Sep 3, 2021 7:01 AM
Jul 2018
Chapter 1024 will not be the final chapter in vol. 101, next chapter 1025 will be the last chapter of vol. 101.
Vol. 101 cover from 1016 to 1025!!
Sep 3, 2021 7:33 AM
Jan 2017
VolKur said:

It's only my guess, but if yamato dies at the end of war then it will be epic because everyone wants a important character or a fan favorite character to die in wano war.

It would be kinda boring, tbh. She was only introduced about a year ago in chapter 980 or so, for her to die would be kinda cheap because we haven't seen much of her.

My big take of an important person to die in this war is Momo (since it seems now that he visually resembles Oden and Kaido will not take this). His death would be of great importance, since he is supposed to become the leader of Wano after this arc and we had a long journey with him too.

I'm eager to see what 1025 will have, if it's the final chapter of volume 101. Something huge probably. But the theory that act 3 will end in tragedy is pretty much a meme at this point, since people wanted act 3 to end since chapter 986.
MorayneSep 3, 2021 7:37 AM
Sep 3, 2021 7:38 AM
Jul 2018
Morayne said:
VolKur said:

It would be kinda boring, tbh. She was only introduced about a year ago in chapter 980 or so, for her to die would be kinda cheap because we haven't seen much of her.

My big take of an important person to die in this war is Momo (since it seems now that he visually resembles Oden and Kaido will not take this). His death would be of great importance, since he is supposed to become the leader of Wano after this arc and we had a long journey with him too.

Yeah this will be great and it's not oda style to introduce character and kill them very soon.
Btw, momo reminds me of marco, his death will be also very impactful and emotional, and also perfectly fit in this arc.
Sep 3, 2021 7:49 AM

Nov 2016
Morayne said:
Ayu_01 said:

nakkki said:

I agree with a lot you say, especially the last paragraph.

Just to add to your comment.

I also don't believe that Yamato will have the edge on Zoro or Sanji when joining the crew. The boys are about to reach new heights during this battle. Yamato on the other hand didn't display anything too crazy. Sure, she's able to read her fathers moves, keep up with them because she's also a Zoan who uses the same set of attacks (Namuji Hyoga, Thunder Bagua) However, these attacks probably won't have that much of an effect. Luffy landed a few clean hits with armament Haoshoku, in the end he still lost, even tho the situation looked so much better. Kaido is probably not truly going all out right now. So this chapter will look completely different in hindsight when Yamato is on the ground.

Putting aside Yamato for a sec.

I think Oda made it clear who are Luffy's top dogs once the term "Wings of the Pirate King" became a thing. It simply reinforced the underlying hiarchy. He even gave Zoro and Sanji tools to become stronger this arc. Enma and the Raid Suit. Even if the Monster Trio was a title given by fans, I wouldn't completely disregard for what it stands.

Oden was btw clearly below Roger. And even without evidence, it wouldn't be strange to assume that Rayleigh was close to Roger. In the vein of Zoro in relation to Luffy or Beckman to Shanks, as it was implied.

Lastly regarding Yamato knowing the secrets. I don't see that as a problem. Second hand knowledge gained through reading a logbook doesn't equal experiencing something yourself. Seeing Oden's last moments inspired her. Learning about his journey sparked her interest in traveling herself. She wants to be free like him. Looking at it from that pov, it wouldn't come across as strange for her to join.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 3, 2021 8:52 AM

Aug 2021
Now, I really want yamato to join straw hat crew:)
Sep 3, 2021 10:00 AM

Jan 2015
nakkki said:

I kinda sense these insecurities by fans with Yamato will upset the expectation of power scaling hierarchy in straw hat. Tbh with the story progress so did the character, and currently, it's kinda dynamic. Pre-timeskip luffy not even top jinbei yet but now? so did zoro and sanji. right now? well, we still have doubt with sanji, i know
other ancedot: Katakuri age is 49. a prime example of strong of yonkou commander level and luffy (kinda) beat him, but the fact that shank who is just 39 already a yonkou. i dont think he (katakuri) will goes far beyond that (legit yonkou power scaling). maybe imprved a bit but that's it.
Zoro and sanji (and luffy) will keep progressing/improving - its matter of Oda match pairing to let them catch up. their current battle will be one of the definites that seize their improvement. And i really emphasized Sanji here because there werent so much flex he got in new world until now.

By reputation, Yamato herself is totally worthy of inclusion as new Nakama. Imagine the shock of the world for the news; you freed Wano by beating a (or two, depend on how story cooked) yonkou, allied with samurai and your fella supernovas, and then not only ex badass shichibukai officially join your team, now you get a yonkou "son" herself xD. i mean what is the best price after this arc if not we get one more monster in the team.
karambiaSep 3, 2021 10:05 AM

la critique de l'intention pure
Sep 3, 2021 10:46 AM

May 2020
Is it just me or does this look more like they passed each other after attacking, and not a coc coating clash?

"I'd rather my heart stopped than lose what's most important to me.
Even when I'm old and my spine is bent...my soul's got to be straight." - Gintoki

Sep 3, 2021 12:03 PM
Jan 2018
The last couple chapters, Oda has given us some of the most gorgeous panels this side of part 1 One Piece art. I'm really not sure who loves One Piece more. We the fans, or Oda himself. He keeps saying he wants to end the manga sooner and supposedly (definitely) simplified the art style but some of these panels are just too amazing. Its an honor to read his manga.

It was really cool to maybe see Zoro's dad but I don't know if I buy into how Zoro's backstory is being handled. Sanji's backstory had less emotion than Franky, who is not even a major, major player anymore.(tho he is my second fav character behind Luffy)
Maybe a poorly handled story would make Zoro and Sanji equal, but Sanji had a whole arc revolving around him. Zoro deserves better than being a footnote in a major arc.

Or maybe its a setup to something greater in another arc. After Whole Cake, I don't buy that Oda can always pull off a satisfying story, but it going to be a hell of a story either way. This arc has found ways to raise the stakes for a long time reader in ways I don't think any of us could have ever imagined. This story will only impress us more.

Did Oda give up on making Ussop a brave (strong) man of the sea? In a way, Ussop is like Buggy, constantly failing upwards. Just more stylishly because he has observation haki. Unless someday, there will be a big reveal that Yassop is just kind of part of the crew, a moral center guy who brings no real battle strength to the table. Hmm...

I'm looking forward to seeing how Oda can justify Luffy putting himself on the level of the other Yonkou strength wise through this arc. Nobody else could pull it off, but if anyone can, its gonna be Oda.

Sep 3, 2021 5:35 PM

Nov 2008
I don't see Yamato joining the Strawhats. I see her staying in Wano and pairing up with/marrying Momo to jointly rule the place. She wants to be "Oden", and by marrying Momo she will become an "Oden". (It will be an odd marriage though, because despite being aged to Yamato's age, Momo will still have the mind and experience of an 8 year old. But then, when did oddness ever stop Oda?)

Right now I see Yamato lasting long enough against Kaido for Momo to bring Luffy back, and then Momo saving her and leaving Luffy to take on Kaido for the third time.
Sep 3, 2021 6:20 PM

Mar 2014
People may need to prepare for a "Vivi situation" at the end of this war...still too soon to tell but don't get your hopes up about Yamato joining.
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Sep 3, 2021 8:44 PM

Jan 2020
Lots of conquerors this chapter lol. That was a great flashback and I do want Yamato to join to the crew ngl.

The character really gave me zoro vibes

Sep 3, 2021 11:39 PM

Jan 2014
Go D Ussop strikes again.

we get to see Zoro's background this time. that guy in the cave really resembles him, he could be Zoro's father.
Sep 4, 2021 5:17 AM

Mar 2016
Go.D Usopp will have a 500m+ bounty after this, you'll see. after all, luck and coincidences are a part of one's innate capabilities...

This chapter is more of a status report to how the other Strawhats are doing, however, the majority of the chapter itself covers Yamato's relationship with Kaido in the form of a backstory.

I am not surprised that Yamato herself is capable of manifesting haoshoku haki, although what intrigues me more is Kaido's treatment of his daughter. It seems that he has high regard for Oden himself, seen as how Yamato's claim saying that she's Oden is met with Kaido shackling the poor little Yamato inside a cave with vicious samurai despite the fact that she's injured and starving. After all, Oden himself has gone through much more excruciatingly difficult situations than the one she's facing. It's no way to treat one's own daughter, but in a way, it's a way for Kaido to care for his child, it's tough love. Similar to how Garp used to leave Luffy alone in a mountain filled with dangerous wildlife.

On a more innocent note... LITTLE YAMATO IS SO CUTE (>///<)

At first, I didn't notice it, but it seems that one of the samurai trapped with Yamato seemed to be Zoro's father?!?! Or at least his relative?! Either way, it's wholesome to see Little Yamato sharing her passion with others who hold similar interests. What came to be of Zoro's father though? I think we can somewhat easily figure that out...
Sep 4, 2021 6:58 AM
Jan 2017
dbaranyi said:
I don't see Yamato joining the Strawhats. I see her staying in Wano and pairing up with/marrying Momo to jointly rule the place. She wants to be "Oden", and by marrying Momo she will become an "Oden".

There are two things though that speak against what you wrote:

1. She stated like twice that she wants to go out to the sea and see the the world by herself justl ike Oden after reading through his logbook and asked Luffy to join his crew/to take her with him.
2. She was restrained her entire life by Kaido in Wano and was never allowed outside of this. Why would she want to stay in Wano if she always wanted to get out of it?
MorayneSep 4, 2021 7:24 AM
Sep 5, 2021 8:13 AM

Dec 2013
Kaido treating her like Oden after she pretended to be Oden is weirdly funny to me.

It was definitely a pleasant surprise to see more action between these two.
Sep 5, 2021 8:59 AM

Sep 2017
The colored illustration in this chapter was a bless to the eyes but...am I dreaming or there's almost everyone except Law ? I searched for him for like 5 minutes and couldn't spot him, sad
Sep 5, 2021 10:37 AM

Aug 2016
Usopp beat two Tobi Roppo and can use Conquerors Haki! He really is God, The God of Bullshit!! Never change Usopp, never change.
An interesting flashback for Yamato and Kaido, plus the fallen samurai certainly bares a resemblance to a certain Marimo.
“I just spent the last two years thinking that you guys knew more than me about life and I just found out that you guys are just as dumb as me.” “Duh-doy.” “Yeah, duh-doy.”
Sep 5, 2021 11:01 AM

Aug 2012
Really hope that Usopp ends up getting another big bounty increase because of reports of him having Conqueror's Haki.

Great chapter, really liked Yamato's backstory and the kindness of the Samurai. Gives more weight to Yamato's decision to fight against Kaido rather than just simply Oden admiration.
Sep 5, 2021 11:16 PM

Aug 2018
Very nice flashbacks chapter, Yamato might be joining straw hats i'd bet its 80% chance

Of course there was also a recent scandal regarding Yamato's gender and Oda's explanation of the whole thing but it seems hat it gone silent pretty quickly
Sep 6, 2021 9:24 AM

Nov 2016
Mayora_oji13 said:
Is it just me or does this look more like they passed each other after attacking, and not a coc coating clash?

The comment on the side says it was a clash. I'm more interested to see how much of a toll it's gonna take on Yamato. Kaido doesn't even seem to go all out yet.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Veronin - Nov 1, 2009

73 by crumb_fr »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1112 Discussion

AhriTheS3xyFox - Apr 16

31 by Pakumen- »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1102 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Mei-o_Scarlett - Dec 17, 2023

87 by Slimdudejim »»
Yesterday, 10:46 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 769 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Maerow - Nov 26, 2014

67 by KoniginElle »»
Yesterday, 6:47 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1069 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FMmatron - Dec 6, 2022

86 by Kakuneon »»
Apr 17, 11:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.