Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 20, 2021 3:38 PM

Jul 2012
Si1verR0se said:

Hey look, 9 episodes in, and we're only now getting the type of epsisode that all previous episode should've been. Yeah, we're more than halfway done with this season, and it's only now start showing episodes in "normal" pace.

Well, the other eps usually went for 60-70% new content to contextualizing retelling percentage, (exception being last episode, which was a bit more than 50% recap, in minutes). It's not like the pacing is terrible, albeit we the recaps could have been much quicker instead of repeating a full segment of trivial stuff for a minute or two from different angles. The one ep I really took issue was the previous one since it was basically half/half and that was annoying. With the time wasted with the non-essential contextualizations they could have had more stuff to show in the other episodes (though nothing that could give us an extra episode, the stopping points would be messy).

Otherwise it's fairly decently paced, I daresay maybe too quick at times. The problem is that they could have used some of those minutes with something else, like more Teppei goodness, or maybe showing Satoko injecting Mion, or maybe showing Onidamashi's aftermatch, which was a missed opportunity and made a good episode a mixed bag.

No, it's not the same. I don't remember Rika breaking out with her eyes fastly switching color from normal to red. Also I don't remember Satoko talking with her other self like Rika did in Minagoroshi(or hence even in Tataridamashi iirc).

LMAO, that’s your reason to why they aren’t the same?

They are literally the same conceptually, and that’s been what a witch is in Higurashi since Minagoroshi, while Saikoroshi was an arc entirely dedicated to Rika’s struggle in separating from her Bernkastel self.

Well, let me refresh your mind and tell you to watch Gou EP1’s finale (Red Eyes Rika from the start) and Gou EP7’s finale for quick examples (her going as far as to manifesting her Bernkastel on K1 in EP7). Also, Rika doesn’t talk to her alter ego, she monologues about herself assuming her existence as the Witch Bernkastel, while considering her old self to be long dead since she gave up a century before Minagoroshi. Satoko doesn’t monologue much, and most of her talk is directed to Eua when she needs to address something from herself, unlike Rika who would flame Hanyuu for being an annoying presence, they are different characters, but that’s about it.

The red eyes thing is a narrative device that indicates a Witch (and to that same extent, a looper). Evidence has been there from the start with Rika, and now completely confirmed through Eua to be the case. Those alter egos are incorporated by both Rika and Satoko alike, and shown to be able to separate themselves from them since Saikoroshi (with Rika letting go of Bernkastel and taking action).

Which "character arc" are you talking about? Rika got butchered for no reason with no explanation. Now lets forget about Saikoroshi(because SotsuGou clearly ignoring it too, hence the Satokowashi forced conflict), but Rika said herself in the episode 2 of Gou that "I know who responsible for my death and I will do everything I can to break free again", yet she doing NOTHING, AT ALL. She give Keichi very weird "tip" only the day before he going to kill Mion and Rena. Yeah, not late at all.
She screams at Keichi because he went to Saiguden with Shion, while she knew that they would go there, and she could've just warn them to NOT go there. But no, let's start bitching at Keichi imo, Mion killing her was deserved
Then we have Tataridamashi\akashi bullshit, where Satoko spends a lot of time at Teppei's house, yet Rika didn't get even a little suspicious of Satoko. She neither tried to help her, nor tried confronted Teppei. The real culprit was unknown to Rika only because this stupud writers made her character overly stupid and very passive.
Also, remember when Goufans were defending Rika's passivnes with "She acting behind the scenes, they just not showing us. Takano and Tomitake runs away because of her"? Yeah, forget it, she completely ignored them till the end of Nekodamashi. Do I need to tell you that "Saving friends from killing each other" in only half of what needs to be done? Do I need to remind you that Rika can't risk too much in SotsuGou, at least because she know it's not Hanyu who keeps her looping? Do I need to tell you that if you think that it's not "stupid" but "character development" then you're an idiot?

Wooo, scary, he is using ad-hominem and calling me an idiot, I can’t possibly argue against such a well made argument! But I can with a bad one:

First of all, Rika’s character was never butchered, she has always been like this and this story is supposed to be an overarching that INCLUDES Rei, so no, let’s NOT skip Saikoroshi as it is relevant.

Rika NEVER stopped being passive, even in her Matsuribayashi character development, she usually tries all she can, but ultimately relies in her friends to help her out with what she can’t. She doesn’t have proactiveness, and in her own words, that’s why it felt nice to finally be able to rely on the club members and do what she can to help them out (in Mina to help herself, and by the end of it, to help everyone, which escalates into Matsuribayashi). That’s her one fatal flaw still present in Saikoroshi, and likely caused her a stigma to want to be away from Hinamizawa for having to “apparently” kill her mom to escape, for which she separates herself from her Bern self and try being proactive and doing it (she doesn’t remember if she went through with it once she woke up, and Hanyuu tells her that it was “just a dream”).

Her proactiveness is getting better despite her still not feeling that she could achieve her dreams without Satoko being with her, and that escalates in her growing distant from her and proving herself to be able to do just that. Cut to Rika being back to the looping hell. Rika has her Bernkastel self back into her as shown at the end of the first episode, which is displayed in Gou Ep7, and that very alter ego is all about being just like she has been for 100 years worth of loopings. She takes Hanyuu words to heart about not being her looping her, and to be careful as well. All she has in mind is that Takano is her killer and that she should make sure that she keep her friends alive in the multiple similar scenarios she now thinks she knows how to deal with. And so she does, trying to talk K1 out of his apparent paranoia, when she knows that him, particularly is someone who can remember some of his previous loops to much of his regrets, thus why it’s easier to convince him that it may just be all on his head, assuming he was going HS (especially when she goes “Uso Da” on him to show she knows her stuff. Nonetheless it ended earlier an not in a way she expected. Rika also tries to stop the same way she does the whole WataMea plot by giving the doll, but once she realizes that K1 got into the storage while she was dancing (INEVITABLE, MIND YOU, it’s her established duty since forever and she is quite religious, she would not skip her dance ever just to make sure something she may have prevented was indeed prevented, even because that may as well mess it all up further into unknown territory, maybe without even a cause) anyway.

She then straight goes Bern mode and tells him they are all doomed to die, all ruined not even halfway through their original plots, it’s not like she had much time in between to prevent stuff from happening when she didn’t even know where it was all going any longer (even because she got killed IMMEDIATELY AFTER getting pissed at K1, and killed herself immediately after finding out Rena died for being a failed kakera, a thing Bernkastel tried to do in Minagoroshi because she thought it went to shit at one point, but still stayed behind not to leave Satoko to die alone, for which she doesn’t have nearly the same affection as she once did by the time she got trapped, so again, consistent to what it establishes to be with her character).

Speaking of which, you sure likes complaining about things that were literally THE VERY PLOT OF BOTH TATARI, MINOGOROSHI IN THE ORIGINAL LMAO

The only way she could do anything to make Teppei get fucked and save Satoko was precisely what she was doing with the gang in here, and she LITERALLY HAS NO REASON TO SUSPECT SATOKO, for all she knows she is being abused by Teppei like all other fragments in which that happened. She NEVER TRIED TO GO CONFRONT TEPPEI EVEN IN THE ORIGINAL, SHE GOES WITH ALL OF HER FRIENDS TO DO THE EXACT SAME THING THAT HAPPENED IN TATARIDAMASHI. Have you even read or watched the original??? She literally helped the EXACT SAME WAY she did in the OG, which escalated in all of them asking help to the Sonozakis.

Answer me this one single question, which reason does Rika have to be suspicious of Satoko going to live with her uncle in Tatarigoroshi and Minagoroshi? At that point she didn’t even know who the culprit could be, mind you, and Rika in Sotsugyou was at that point certain that it was Takano again. Why the hell would she SUSPECT of Satoko when she literally has no reason to, and she knows exactly what she is going through, why she got back to live with her uncle, and why she doesn’t ask for help as per usual? It’s the same question, but I need to reinforce it because I can’t believe you have the guts to call me an idiot and then make such an nonsensical MESS of an argument, and still trying to associate it to Rika’s passiveness LOL

And that’s not to mention, again, she got her Bernkastel Witch mentality going on again, and is trying to combat against it to no avail, and even decided to give up and accept fate just like she did for a century before.

So
1- Her character progression from Matsuribayashi to Saikoroshi was maintained (with nods that the original Rika as a spoiled selfish brat, according to herself, which is what escalated her worst parts into her developed alter ego when looping).
2- Her character progression from Saikoroshi to the end of Satokowashi was maintained (she got more proactive and is dealing better with her shit, to the point of not needing Satoko to be there for her any longer.
3- Her character progression REGRESSED in part back to Saikoroshi’s, as she is thrown into another loop and got her Bernkastel alter ego back into her.

This was literally the most important character progression she got in the the original series, her character arc which was ALL ABOUT THAT. Which is now getting revisited in Sotsugyou and explicitly addressed just a week ago, not that you cared much, your interesting in the plot is more about which new ways you can hate on it after all.

And yeah, Rika making dumb choices is something she always has been, and it’s quite the meme from the VNs, she could have used Hanyuu to solve the mystery long before with all her powers and she didn’t.

In fact, made more baffling by the fact Hanyuu is just as memetically dumb herself in canon, she explicitly was stated to follow the deranged characters going L5 and never once tried to follow anyone else in the whopping 100 years they have been looping. The canon explanation for such a thing was what I just said, both were defeatists who choose not to try further and gave up rather quickly, which is what for the most part encompasses Bernkastel’s characterization. Rika would do the bare minimum to keep her friends alive a little longer to keep having fun with them until everyone would inevitably die including herself, she never ever intended to save them until later in Minagoroshi, while Hanyuu would just follow around HS-ed people apologetically.

This is nothing from Newgurashi, this is all from the original series, especially considering Rika is back with her Bernkastel self. Not having Hanyuu around to at least keep an eye on the L5s definitely isn’t helping (especially since she just disappeared on her after Tataridamashi’s conclusion).

She doing NOTHING, except saying very weird shit that most Umi fans keep wetting themselves because of "UMINEKO CONNECTIONS!!!!" while Higu only fans are just like "Wtf?", and laughing at stupidity(or some might say entertainment) of Satoko's actions. How is it fun to watch? I can't get it

Nah, she barely said a thing that would connect to Umineko in any way, are you even paying attention (I know you are not, no need to answer)? Everything she talked about so far outside the little Ciconia shoutout was Higurashi related. She isn’t Featherine, likely just connected to her in some way, likely has to do with her damaged memory device or whatever Umineko said in EP8’s climax.

She is like a cocky Featherine that is just having a blast with the chaos she harbingered herself giving powers to Satoko and is just there watching and being implied to be far more threatening than she seems to be as a viewer herself. Her having her fun while making exposition to some rarely talked about Higurashi lore regarding Witches is likely the most interesting part of what Sotsu is still hiding.

Yeah keep defending this bullshit with Mion by saying "But something like that HAPPENED in real world". Well, first of all we're not in the real world, second of all do you forget that we're watching VISUAL type of show? I mean, why not show us how did she injected Mion?

They could, and I complained about that already (they should have shown us more of that stuff instead of making the revisits lengthier than they should). Doesn’t make it any less possible. She could literally have done just that and it wouldn’t be impossible, as it already happened in a single case to dozens of people and most of them didn’t feel a thing. It’s not me defending, it’s me showing facts against assumptions on how much it is bullshit and that it would never happen like you are arguing.

Stop crying just because you can’t counterargue for shit things that happened in real life, since that’s the entire point behind you complain about us not seeing how she did it. It was possible and she did it, the end.

Also they showed us how Satoko was training with the gun, from which she made like 3 shots total, and all of them were almost MELEE shots. She shoot Mion almost close to her 3 times iirc, then shot herself in the head. You don't need to learn how to shoot to make these shots. It's not even middle-range lmao.

And what does that has to do with anything? LMAO
She prepared herself with a gun to deal with any situation involving a gun. If the situation happen to not need the use of a gun, better for her, even more advantageous to have an easy problem to deal with quickly in control of the situation. Your complain is about Satoko not using the gun as much as she could, I guess? Absolutely pointless, it was just a flashback to show how she got her gun and how she knows how to use it if the situation demands, there’s no need to be more than any of that and it served its purpose (her getting a gun, and how she knows how to use one, the difficulty of the shots is literally irrelevant).

But they didn't showed us how she learnt to make injections, which is very crucial if you ask me. Because Rena wasn't sleeping, she just lied on the bad. And she didn't even felt anything, do I need to tell you that injection in hand(probably in vein) is not as light as bite of mosquito? Mion they never showed. Oishi they showed, but it's still dumb. There wasn't any blood in both Rena and Oishi cases lmao. It's like Passione never been to doctor and never got an injection. Not to mention that for whatever reason she inject Oishi in the neck, while Rena was injected in hand. I mean, just a little mistake and Oishi could've died smh.

You truly never touched a single Higurashi material before this, have you? And if you did, you didn’t bother at all with the details. She spends 100 years of her life watching the previous fragments in which she constantly got shots applied by Irie to relieve her HS. You really think she wouldn’t know how and where to apply them effectively? When you are a patient as frequent as her you need to “rotate” the places in which you are getting your doses, she got injected in multiple places for hundreds of years, three times a day. Considering she was observing from afar, she could take her notes of everything if she needed, and maybe read something at some point about it (she does yet other loops before jumping into Onidamashi as well, even if it wasn’t learned through her own very experience seeing herself getting injected that much from a 100 years of watching, it’s not something she would find too hard to learn a bit before doing it herself, especially when there’s Irie there, that may as well have taught her a thing or two during the applications, since she had to do it so often.

Oh! But risk AAAAAALL OF THAT, because Matsuribayashi shown that she applies shots to herself, including in the stomach. She knows VERY WELL how to do it, and likely in the most painless way she can. And about the blood? She can just clean the blood while they are sleep.

So yeah, not really necessary for her to professionally know, and even if she did took her time understanding how it was done scientifically, she had all the time in the world testing all this, and given her looping capabilities, everything is possible for her to have done regardless of what was shown. And no, H173 isn’t in vein, and is said to contaminate immediately anyone in the village straight into L5 once it gets injected, some descriptions saying that the virus can’t get broke by gastric acids either, and considering infection is airborn primarily and through blody fluids, that is no surprise, it is implied to contaminate you even if ingested, which was why people pointed out the possibility of just drugging the juice.

You sure sound like a professional doctor yourself hey? But let’s remember a thing from Higurashi canon:
It is not supposed to have any scientific accuracy, ever. Any coincidences are fiction. It just happens to be fairly well researched in some regards, particularly about the virus effects and what people are capable of because of them. Even if every single point I just made, which I doubt you can take an effective crack at (as your Higurashi knowledge is notoriously limited at this point), that would still be a thing established in the original Higurashi. Not everything may be absolutely accurate and Ryukishi himself is no doctor. All of what I just said came straight from the visual novel, it’s as canon information as it can possibly get, so if you beg to disagree do show me some high effort research next time instead of this poorly constructed nitpicks disguised as “valid criticism”. It’s comical how much of what you are shitting on is part of the canon from the start and was specifically addressed already. But hey, that’s what you get when you are solely focused on shitting on something without trying to make sense of it with information available in perfectly readable English.

You can ask you friend to do it. Then you'll tell us how "I didn't felt anything, so Sotsu actually making sense" lmao. I guess they didn't showed us that simply because they were relying on fans like you, who will explain everything instead, because Passione are too stupid to make logical decisions, but they definitely thinking that their fans are genius that could defend any shit, even if it doesn't make any sense. I remember when people were defending Keichi's survival in Onidamashi by either saying "It was hallucinitaion"(yeah, LMAO at them) or by saying "There was an incindent like this in real world in Japan", except they completely forgetting that Keichi not only got turned into fucking sieve considering how many times Rena stabbed him, but he was bleeding more than 12 hours. Yeah, it's surely the same as that incident.

Same dumb argument as before. You cannot fathom being wrong about some fictional work lack of realism, and thus attack people for using real examples of exactly what you are criticizing. Don’t be ridiculous, you are a huge hypocrite. Just deal with the fact you can’t argue against reality for shit when you have literal facts thrown at you proving your bitching as flat.

I ask for myself because I never was injected without knowing (or maybe I did and totally didn’t realize, that’s the whole point). If I ask my friends to do it I’ll know for sure I’m gonna be injected by them eventually, what sort of ingenious logic are you working with in there LMAO

The point was already proven by history, you have zero arguments left, so just let this go and stop embarrassing yourself.

And I also criticized the over-the-top stabbing myself, it was much more realistic in the manga, and the staff as a whole already admitted that the extra blood is in there to make it more fun. Hallucination filter or not, they just had a blast and went full gorn for the fun of it admittedly. Not my cup of tea personally and I disliked that they framed it that way intending for K1 to survive. It’s a negative I myself pointed out, and has nothing to do with the argument in hand, so stop trying to use it thinking it will validate your bullshit logic.

Yeah, the Higu plot we deserved. Oishi is just genius. Imagine pissing on sacred things and put the blame on others. What a genius decision lmao

I agree, it’s just what people would think a disrespectful jerkass like Teppei would do, something nobody in the village would, just by the time he came back, making him an obvious prime suspect to incriminate. Glad to see you working out your braincells with this show at least that much, with how obvious it was.

Maybe you're right, but to me it seems you give them too much credit. Just remember what people were thinking back in Gou, and that Sotsu just telled us "it doesn't matter, it's not that deep". You like that guy that try to find deep meaning in trivial things just becaseu "it can't be that easy, there's definitely some meaning behind it" lol

You are the one who gives them too little, because you are only here to shit on this series like the ignorant doomposter you are. They have far more attention to detail to the original plot elements than you would ever bother attempt searching for. Which is obvious, as it was written by Ryukishi and adapted by a director who is a long time fan of the series. Both of which definitely know better than you do with your hollow ass attempts to denigrate it, as I demonstrated above.

Really? You really want to compare OG Rika to SotsuGou Satoko by saying "They're similat"? smh

By saying they are similar and pointing out in which way, which you conveniently left out because, oh, maybe you can’t, once again, counterargue my proposals for shit?

So let me copy and paste it for your convenience:
Danpmss said:

Satoko is mirroring that, except she is causing everything. Funny enough, Rika didn't think twice before killing herself in Onidamashi. She is at least a bit more proactive than doing nothing for 100 years since Matsuribayashi (though admittedly, relying on her friends to do the action in her place, thus remaining her fatal flaw that got addressed again in Saikoroshi, in which she associate it to Bernkastel and part ways with her in that arc... then again, her Bern self is back again in Sotsugyou once she got back to looping (red eyes seem to be the graphic indication of Witch mode in this new series, we didn't really had one before this, likely because being a witch on itself wasn't part of a central conflict until Saikoroshi, and in there there's just one person).

Aaaaand back to your sad attempts to dunk on my comment.

Maybe "shit will hit the fan" in the episode after the next, conisdering that Sotsu going at a snail's pace

Pretty sure next episode will be the protest and watanagashi night, as they basically skipped the entire plot with K1 and company doing their thing in this episode, if they skip the late night reunion in the next one or just partially adapt it, I’m pretty sure we would be looking at the final Tataridamashi episode, which would fit the format so far, one episode less than the question arcs.

But remains to be seen, so I digress. They could either pull another episode like this one and finish it in one scoop, or take their time with their time wasting extended recaps instead, which will give us 5 eps of Tatariakashi. Could be both, they have been doing this every episode so far.

Yeah, let's forget that he still beated Satoko and Satoshi for the whole two years after they parents died. These events of the past are still true smh

Let’s forget this episode showed this in the very start, and that this entire series keeps displaying him as genuinely trying to redeem himself for the shitty ass person has was up to that point. Nobody forgot, much less Teppei. Don’t play dumb.

He was a shitty person, and after reliving his shitty outcomes in other kakeras as dreams, he wants to change his ways, and feel really bad for how he treated Satoko, wanting for her to at least forgive him if she ever could.

Satoko then elaborates a way in which she can use Teppei for her own goals (getting a gun and an unsuspecting partner in crime). While for Teppei, Satoko is literally a little angel he would give his life to protect, as not only she seemingly forgave him and want to start over, she solved his money problems that would otherwise make him unable to really turn a new leaf and live a new life, and for all he could ever want (he has problems with yakuza borrowed money, reason why he got killed the way he did so many times), Satoko of all people is providing him with that joyful opportunity.
He feels ashamed on himself by guilt for all bad he caused to her in the past and is more than anything in debt with her apparent selflessness. And now he is doing all he can to be the best family she still have, even though he is still a jerk to anyone else.

But sure, he is just unidimensional child beater Uncle forever, because that sure is a more interesting character to watch in a series that redeemed the biggest sorts of sociopaths because they only once couldn’t genocide an entire village after ritualistically torturing a little girl to death for the sole reason of wanting to prove her grandpa’s research was right, and enjoying every moment of it with a slasher smile.

I won’t even start about the plot regarding looping and making people change their minds after doing it too much, which was major plot point in the original, and returned in here with better effectiveness. Even Takano’s loop inducing redemption arc in this is better than the way they handwaved the fact she was the reason why Rika got shit for a century, and that one was mostly a side note from Nekodamashi expanded in Gou’s finale.

Kinda agree, but still he shoudl've got more screentime, inner thoughts and backstory, if they wanted to redeem him so hard. Also big F for that "Teppei deserved redeeming" plot.

And just when I was about to finally agree with something 100%. What I said above is all taken from what the anime displayed, he needed no more than that to be genuinely refreshing and well established as a character trying to redeem himself.

We already have all the backstory for Teppei we need, even in the Kai anime. He was a piece of shit, and Tatari & Gou 23 basically gave us a summary of just how much of an asshole he was during his entire life. To which he is doing all of what he can to do better and earn his niece’s supposed kindness.

What I meant is what I would actually prefer more Teppei stuff or actually useful information instead of extended recaps. This episode shown just how possible it is for them to speed through those without interrupting the flow with something that could be 30 seconds long easily.
Aug 21, 2021 4:01 AM

Jul 2015
I cannot believe they'll make this arc a 4-episode one and gives us yet another week of absolutely nothing. This series is guarateed to be at the very least 2/3rds filler now.

Only worthwhile scenes are the ones of Teppei being a daddy tbh
Aug 21, 2021 4:10 AM
Apr 2021
SnowballP said:
I cannot believe they'll make this arc a 4-episode

5-episodes actually
Aug 21, 2021 4:19 AM

Jul 2015
Si1verR0se said:
SnowballP said:
I cannot believe they'll make this arc a 4-episode

5-episodes actually

Hang me now.

Jin_uzuki said:
I guess this confirms Ooishi's ass isn't as fat as Mion, since she didn't wait for her to fall asleep, unlike Ooishi (And Rena).

Mion: The fattest ass in Hinamizawa?

But... but I thought Ooishi was dummy thick. I feel like I've been deceived for years.
Aug 21, 2021 4:56 AM

May 2020
The leaks missed the last episode. So it seems to be a five episode arc.
Aug 21, 2021 7:28 AM

Jul 2014
Man judging by what I keep hearing and reading, I am glad I dropped this garbage.
Aug 21, 2021 8:07 AM

Oct 2016
Never thought that Ooishi would be more involved in this episode.

Teppei trying to cook was as hilarious as Keiichi. And Satoko came again to safe the day.

Ooishi conveniently witnessed the club entering the child welfare office was a little off.

Seriously, I thought Satoko would be distressed, knowing Ooishi came to her house, being a potential threat to the her plan. Turned out she is so clever to turn the unexpected to her advantage. I wonder how she obtained sleeping pills in that situation, though.

Under the influence of Satoko's lies about the village and H-173, with a tendency of suspecting the Sonozaki family as the prime suspect of the series of Hinamizawa deaths, and fueled by his desire to avenge an old friend, Ooishi was willing to do anything to solve the Hinamizawa case, or so he thought.
Aug 21, 2021 10:17 AM
Apr 2021
flashholter said:

Seriously, I thought Satoko would be distressed, knowing Ooishi came to her house, being a potential threat to the her plan. Turned out she is so clever to turn the unexpected to her advantage

She's not "clever", it's called plot convinience. Most of her plans works because of random events, that she isn't aware of to prepare, to begin with.

flashholter said:

I wonder how she obtained sleeping pills in that situation, though.

Plot convinience again. Just as Oishi not noticing he was injected in the neck. And just as Oishi isn't being suspicious that he along with Teppei, just fall asleep in the middle of room for no reason lmao

flashholter said:

Under the influence of Satoko's lies about the village and H-173, with a tendency of suspecting the Sonozaki family as the prime suspect of the series of Hinamizawa deaths, and fueled by his desire to avenge an old friend, Ooishi was willing to do anything to solve the Hinamizawa case, or so he thought.

It's funny how you mention his "Suspecting the Sonozaki family" even though it's clearly stated that he was targeting Rika directly, even though in the original he said that only idiot would suspect Rika having some role in those "disappearances" and murders
Aug 21, 2021 3:45 PM

Oct 2008
so this time it's inverse...Satoko's uncle is such a good man this time...oh man! Satoko you really gonna do anything beyond fate huh...
4/5

Aug 21, 2021 8:39 PM

Oct 2016
matias067 said:
so this time it's inverse...Satoko's uncle is such a good man this time...oh man! Satoko you really gonna do anything beyond fate huh...
4/5
Satoko is becoming a devil.
Aug 21, 2021 9:00 PM

May 2008
Discussions aside about this arc, I'm a bit confused as to why it doesn't seem like Rika remembers she called Satoko out during her birthday. I don't remember if that was in Gou or this one though, but she realized Satoko shouldn't have known what was in the box. Rika has had the power to remember events that occurred in each new loop. Bit confused at her inability to take actions despite this... Is it that Rika doesn't remember the previous loop if Satoko is the one to initiate it? Just something I've been pondering.

Otherwise, have to say I will always like the original better. The art fit the series much better, the feeling of horror was actually present, and both Gou and this series feel almost completely remakes of exact same events from the origin two series. The new art isn't doing it any favors so I just don't see what good it does for the franchise.
Aug 21, 2021 9:15 PM

Oct 2014
Sylenced1 said:
Discussions aside about this arc, I'm a bit confused as to why it doesn't seem like Rika remembers she called Satoko out during her birthday. I don't remember if that was in Gou or this one though, but she realized Satoko shouldn't have known what was in the box. Rika has had the power to remember events that occurred in each new loop. Bit confused at her inability to take actions despite this... Is it that Rika doesn't remember the previous loop if Satoko is the one to initiate it? Just something I've been pondering.

Otherwise, have to say I will always like the original better. The art fit the series much better, the feeling of horror was actually present, and both Gou and this series feel almost completely remakes of exact same events from the origin two series. The new art isn't doing it any favors so I just don't see what good it does for the franchise.
That was Nekodamashi, this is Tataridamashi/akashi which happened before it. We're still in the "answer arcs" portion of the story which is literally just the second half of the first three arcs of Gou that may or may not brings any new information. After this arc ends, we will continue where we left off after Satoko pulled out the gun... or maybe not, who knows.
Aug 21, 2021 11:01 PM
May 2021
LockeGran said:
Sylenced1 said:

That was Nekodamashi, this is Tataridamashi/akashi which happened before it. We're still in the "answer arcs" portion of the story which is literally just the second half of the first three arcs of Gou that may or may not brings any new information. After this arc ends, we will continue where we left off after Satoko pulled out the gun... or maybe not, who knows.

Judging from the current pacing of such a small 2nd season, as well as plenty of rumors, it's likely the gun scene will just lead up to a possible movie. I wanted to believe it'd be a quick direct to blu-ray but I've checked what usually qualifies for a theatrical anime release, it's very possible a movie is done but for a limited time in Japan. They've shown worse movies and gotta fill them theater seats somehow. Small 2nd season to dedicate time for the movie? Who knows.

Also possible it all just abruptly ends lol.
Aug 21, 2021 11:25 PM

Sep 2020
I love how Ooishi frames Teppei after they had a nice chat lmaooo.

2 more episodes left iirc until this arc is over
Aug 22, 2021 6:27 AM

Dec 2008
This C movie way of storytelling is as interesting as it is a torture.

Everything around this projects team shouts lazy. The author probably was on holidays while coming with this storyline.
Most of the scenes are recycled from things we already saw.

Satoko being the only active character is going on my nerves as well.
There can't be a protagonist without antagonist and no antagonist without protagonist.
The season have been so dumb so far with showing us the obvious since 9 weeks.

Yes, Satoko is evil, we get it but in the same way it's amazingly boring to see everything working in her favour. It's so irritating how everyone is so clueless about her plans. Rika is apparently brain dead, but the story doesn't give her any quality screentime, she is just standing there looking dumb for way too long.

On the good side the CWA story is not dragged on for too long, would have been silly to repeat everything when Satoko only fakes to be in a dire situation.

I hope Ooishi's rampage will lead to a change of things quickly, there isn't much time left...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 22, 2021 10:36 AM

Feb 2007
Teppei best girl.
Aug 22, 2021 11:57 AM

May 2008
[/quote] That was Nekodamashi, this is Tataridamashi/akashi which happened before it. We're still in the "answer arcs" portion of the story which is literally just the second half of the first three arcs of Gou that may or may not brings any new information. After this arc ends, we will continue where we left off after Satoko pulled out the gun... or maybe not, who knows.[/quote]

Thanks for the explanation. Certainly clears it up for me. I am much more looking forward to the confrontation between two best friend loopers over the re-creation of old stories we know full well about. It would be interesting to watch Rika and Satoko battle it out to get the future they want and still try to maintain their friendship, but as of now it's just too predictable and boring. It has a lot of potential, but I fear I shouldn't hold my breath. In my early 20's I was a big fan of the OG Higurashi, and with eash season these days being filled with more and more fan service, Isekai that aren't on Konosuba's level, and fairly generic series, I'm sure we all wanted Higurashi to fill the shoes needing filling. Winter was an absolute banger, but Summer has to be my least favorite this year and in a long time. ;(
Aug 22, 2021 3:54 PM

Jan 2011
Danpmss said:
Si1verR0se said:

Hey look, 9 episodes in, and we're only now getting the type of epsisode that all previous episode should've been. Yeah, we're more than halfway done with this season, and it's only now start showing episodes in "normal" pace.

Well, the other eps usually went for 60-70% new content to contextualizing retelling percentage, (exception being last episode, which was a bit more than 50% recap, in minutes). It's not like the pacing is terrible, albeit we the recaps could have been much quicker instead of repeating a full segment of trivial stuff for a minute or two from different angles. The one ep I really took issue was the previous one since it was basically half/half and that was annoying. With the time wasted with the non-essential contextualizations they could have had more stuff to show in the other episodes (though nothing that could give us an extra episode, the stopping points would be messy).

Otherwise it's fairly decently paced, I daresay maybe too quick at times. The problem is that they could have used some of those minutes with something else, like more Teppei goodness, or maybe showing Satoko injecting Mion, or maybe showing Onidamashi's aftermatch, which was a missed opportunity and made a good episode a mixed bag.

No, it's not the same. I don't remember Rika breaking out with her eyes fastly switching color from normal to red. Also I don't remember Satoko talking with her other self like Rika did in Minagoroshi(or hence even in Tataridamashi iirc).

LMAO, that’s your reason to why they aren’t the same?

They are literally the same conceptually, and that’s been what a witch is in Higurashi since Minagoroshi, while Saikoroshi was an arc entirely dedicated to Rika’s struggle in separating from her Bernkastel self.

Well, let me refresh your mind and tell you to watch Gou EP1’s finale (Red Eyes Rika from the start) and Gou EP7’s finale for quick examples (her going as far as to manifesting her Bernkastel on K1 in EP7). Also, Rika doesn’t talk to her alter ego, she monologues about herself assuming her existence as the Witch Bernkastel, while considering her old self to be long dead since she gave up a century before Minagoroshi. Satoko doesn’t monologue much, and most of her talk is directed to Eua when she needs to address something from herself, unlike Rika who would flame Hanyuu for being an annoying presence, they are different characters, but that’s about it.

The red eyes thing is a narrative device that indicates a Witch (and to that same extent, a looper). Evidence has been there from the start with Rika, and now completely confirmed through Eua to be the case. Those alter egos are incorporated by both Rika and Satoko alike, and shown to be able to separate themselves from them since Saikoroshi (with Rika letting go of Bernkastel and taking action).

Which "character arc" are you talking about? Rika got butchered for no reason with no explanation. Now lets forget about Saikoroshi(because SotsuGou clearly ignoring it too, hence the Satokowashi forced conflict), but Rika said herself in the episode 2 of Gou that "I know who responsible for my death and I will do everything I can to break free again", yet she doing NOTHING, AT ALL. She give Keichi very weird "tip" only the day before he going to kill Mion and Rena. Yeah, not late at all.
She screams at Keichi because he went to Saiguden with Shion, while she knew that they would go there, and she could've just warn them to NOT go there. But no, let's start bitching at Keichi imo, Mion killing her was deserved
Then we have Tataridamashi\akashi bullshit, where Satoko spends a lot of time at Teppei's house, yet Rika didn't get even a little suspicious of Satoko. She neither tried to help her, nor tried confronted Teppei. The real culprit was unknown to Rika only because this stupud writers made her character overly stupid and very passive.
Also, remember when Goufans were defending Rika's passivnes with "She acting behind the scenes, they just not showing us. Takano and Tomitake runs away because of her"? Yeah, forget it, she completely ignored them till the end of Nekodamashi. Do I need to tell you that "Saving friends from killing each other" in only half of what needs to be done? Do I need to remind you that Rika can't risk too much in SotsuGou, at least because she know it's not Hanyu who keeps her looping? Do I need to tell you that if you think that it's not "stupid" but "character development" then you're an idiot?

Wooo, scary, he is using ad-hominem and calling me an idiot, I can’t possibly argue against such a well made argument! But I can with a bad one:

First of all, Rika’s character was never butchered, she has always been like this and this story is supposed to be an overarching that INCLUDES Rei, so no, let’s NOT skip Saikoroshi as it is relevant.

Rika NEVER stopped being passive, even in her Matsuribayashi character development, she usually tries all she can, but ultimately relies in her friends to help her out with what she can’t. She doesn’t have proactiveness, and in her own words, that’s why it felt nice to finally be able to rely on the club members and do what she can to help them out (in Mina to help herself, and by the end of it, to help everyone, which escalates into Matsuribayashi). That’s her one fatal flaw still present in Saikoroshi, and likely caused her a stigma to want to be away from Hinamizawa for having to “apparently” kill her mom to escape, for which she separates herself from her Bern self and try being proactive and doing it (she doesn’t remember if she went through with it once she woke up, and Hanyuu tells her that it was “just a dream”).

Her proactiveness is getting better despite her still not feeling that she could achieve her dreams without Satoko being with her, and that escalates in her growing distant from her and proving herself to be able to do just that. Cut to Rika being back to the looping hell. Rika has her Bernkastel self back into her as shown at the end of the first episode, which is displayed in Gou Ep7, and that very alter ego is all about being just like she has been for 100 years worth of loopings. She takes Hanyuu words to heart about not being her looping her, and to be careful as well. All she has in mind is that Takano is her killer and that she should make sure that she keep her friends alive in the multiple similar scenarios she now thinks she knows how to deal with. And so she does, trying to talk K1 out of his apparent paranoia, when she knows that him, particularly is someone who can remember some of his previous loops to much of his regrets, thus why it’s easier to convince him that it may just be all on his head, assuming he was going HS (especially when she goes “Uso Da” on him to show she knows her stuff. Nonetheless it ended earlier an not in a way she expected. Rika also tries to stop the same way she does the whole WataMea plot by giving the doll, but once she realizes that K1 got into the storage while she was dancing (INEVITABLE, MIND YOU, it’s her established duty since forever and she is quite religious, she would not skip her dance ever just to make sure something she may have prevented was indeed prevented, even because that may as well mess it all up further into unknown territory, maybe without even a cause) anyway.

She then straight goes Bern mode and tells him they are all doomed to die, all ruined not even halfway through their original plots, it’s not like she had much time in between to prevent stuff from happening when she didn’t even know where it was all going any longer (even because she got killed IMMEDIATELY AFTER getting pissed at K1, and killed herself immediately after finding out Rena died for being a failed kakera, a thing Bernkastel tried to do in Minagoroshi because she thought it went to shit at one point, but still stayed behind not to leave Satoko to die alone, for which she doesn’t have nearly the same affection as she once did by the time she got trapped, so again, consistent to what it establishes to be with her character).

Speaking of which, you sure likes complaining about things that were literally THE VERY PLOT OF BOTH TATARI, MINOGOROSHI IN THE ORIGINAL LMAO

The only way she could do anything to make Teppei get fucked and save Satoko was precisely what she was doing with the gang in here, and she LITERALLY HAS NO REASON TO SUSPECT SATOKO, for all she knows she is being abused by Teppei like all other fragments in which that happened. She NEVER TRIED TO GO CONFRONT TEPPEI EVEN IN THE ORIGINAL, SHE GOES WITH ALL OF HER FRIENDS TO DO THE EXACT SAME THING THAT HAPPENED IN TATARIDAMASHI. Have you even read or watched the original??? She literally helped the EXACT SAME WAY she did in the OG, which escalated in all of them asking help to the Sonozakis.

Answer me this one single question, which reason does Rika have to be suspicious of Satoko going to live with her uncle in Tatarigoroshi and Minagoroshi? At that point she didn’t even know who the culprit could be, mind you, and Rika in Sotsugyou was at that point certain that it was Takano again. Why the hell would she SUSPECT of Satoko when she literally has no reason to, and she knows exactly what she is going through, why she got back to live with her uncle, and why she doesn’t ask for help as per usual? It’s the same question, but I need to reinforce it because I can’t believe you have the guts to call me an idiot and then make such an nonsensical MESS of an argument, and still trying to associate it to Rika’s passiveness LOL

And that’s not to mention, again, she got her Bernkastel Witch mentality going on again, and is trying to combat against it to no avail, and even decided to give up and accept fate just like she did for a century before.

So
1- Her character progression from Matsuribayashi to Saikoroshi was maintained (with nods that the original Rika as a spoiled selfish brat, according to herself, which is what escalated her worst parts into her developed alter ego when looping).
2- Her character progression from Saikoroshi to the end of Satokowashi was maintained (she got more proactive and is dealing better with her shit, to the point of not needing Satoko to be there for her any longer.
3- Her character progression REGRESSED in part back to Saikoroshi’s, as she is thrown into another loop and got her Bernkastel alter ego back into her.

This was literally the most important character progression she got in the the original series, her character arc which was ALL ABOUT THAT. Which is now getting revisited in Sotsugyou and explicitly addressed just a week ago, not that you cared much, your interesting in the plot is more about which new ways you can hate on it after all.

And yeah, Rika making dumb choices is something she always has been, and it’s quite the meme from the VNs, she could have used Hanyuu to solve the mystery long before with all her powers and she didn’t.

In fact, made more baffling by the fact Hanyuu is just as memetically dumb herself in canon, she explicitly was stated to follow the deranged characters going L5 and never once tried to follow anyone else in the whopping 100 years they have been looping. The canon explanation for such a thing was what I just said, both were defeatists who choose not to try further and gave up rather quickly, which is what for the most part encompasses Bernkastel’s characterization. Rika would do the bare minimum to keep her friends alive a little longer to keep having fun with them until everyone would inevitably die including herself, she never ever intended to save them until later in Minagoroshi, while Hanyuu would just follow around HS-ed people apologetically.

This is nothing from Newgurashi, this is all from the original series, especially considering Rika is back with her Bernkastel self. Not having Hanyuu around to at least keep an eye on the L5s definitely isn’t helping (especially since she just disappeared on her after Tataridamashi’s conclusion).

She doing NOTHING, except saying very weird shit that most Umi fans keep wetting themselves because of "UMINEKO CONNECTIONS!!!!" while Higu only fans are just like "Wtf?", and laughing at stupidity(or some might say entertainment) of Satoko's actions. How is it fun to watch? I can't get it

Nah, she barely said a thing that would connect to Umineko in any way, are you even paying attention (I know you are not, no need to answer)? Everything she talked about so far outside the little Ciconia shoutout was Higurashi related. She isn’t Featherine, likely just connected to her in some way, likely has to do with her damaged memory device or whatever Umineko said in EP8’s climax.

She is like a cocky Featherine that is just having a blast with the chaos she harbingered herself giving powers to Satoko and is just there watching and being implied to be far more threatening than she seems to be as a viewer herself. Her having her fun while making exposition to some rarely talked about Higurashi lore regarding Witches is likely the most interesting part of what Sotsu is still hiding.

Yeah keep defending this bullshit with Mion by saying "But something like that HAPPENED in real world". Well, first of all we're not in the real world, second of all do you forget that we're watching VISUAL type of show? I mean, why not show us how did she injected Mion?

They could, and I complained about that already (they should have shown us more of that stuff instead of making the revisits lengthier than they should). Doesn’t make it any less possible. She could literally have done just that and it wouldn’t be impossible, as it already happened in a single case to dozens of people and most of them didn’t feel a thing. It’s not me defending, it’s me showing facts against assumptions on how much it is bullshit and that it would never happen like you are arguing.

Stop crying just because you can’t counterargue for shit things that happened in real life, since that’s the entire point behind you complain about us not seeing how she did it. It was possible and she did it, the end.

Also they showed us how Satoko was training with the gun, from which she made like 3 shots total, and all of them were almost MELEE shots. She shoot Mion almost close to her 3 times iirc, then shot herself in the head. You don't need to learn how to shoot to make these shots. It's not even middle-range lmao.

And what does that has to do with anything? LMAO
She prepared herself with a gun to deal with any situation involving a gun. If the situation happen to not need the use of a gun, better for her, even more advantageous to have an easy problem to deal with quickly in control of the situation. Your complain is about Satoko not using the gun as much as she could, I guess? Absolutely pointless, it was just a flashback to show how she got her gun and how she knows how to use it if the situation demands, there’s no need to be more than any of that and it served its purpose (her getting a gun, and how she knows how to use one, the difficulty of the shots is literally irrelevant).

But they didn't showed us how she learnt to make injections, which is very crucial if you ask me. Because Rena wasn't sleeping, she just lied on the bad. And she didn't even felt anything, do I need to tell you that injection in hand(probably in vein) is not as light as bite of mosquito? Mion they never showed. Oishi they showed, but it's still dumb. There wasn't any blood in both Rena and Oishi cases lmao. It's like Passione never been to doctor and never got an injection. Not to mention that for whatever reason she inject Oishi in the neck, while Rena was injected in hand. I mean, just a little mistake and Oishi could've died smh.

You truly never touched a single Higurashi material before this, have you? And if you did, you didn’t bother at all with the details. She spends 100 years of her life watching the previous fragments in which she constantly got shots applied by Irie to relieve her HS. You really think she wouldn’t know how and where to apply them effectively? When you are a patient as frequent as her you need to “rotate” the places in which you are getting your doses, she got injected in multiple places for hundreds of years, three times a day. Considering she was observing from afar, she could take her notes of everything if she needed, and maybe read something at some point about it (she does yet other loops before jumping into Onidamashi as well, even if it wasn’t learned through her own very experience seeing herself getting injected that much from a 100 years of watching, it’s not something she would find too hard to learn a bit before doing it herself, especially when there’s Irie there, that may as well have taught her a thing or two during the applications, since she had to do it so often.

Oh! But risk AAAAAALL OF THAT, because Matsuribayashi shown that she applies shots to herself, including in the stomach. She knows VERY WELL how to do it, and likely in the most painless way she can. And about the blood? She can just clean the blood while they are sleep.

So yeah, not really necessary for her to professionally know, and even if she did took her time understanding how it was done scientifically, she had all the time in the world testing all this, and given her looping capabilities, everything is possible for her to have done regardless of what was shown. And no, H173 isn’t in vein, and is said to contaminate immediately anyone in the village straight into L5 once it gets injected, some descriptions saying that the virus can’t get broke by gastric acids either, and considering infection is airborn primarily and through blody fluids, that is no surprise, it is implied to contaminate you even if ingested, which was why people pointed out the possibility of just drugging the juice.

You sure sound like a professional doctor yourself hey? But let’s remember a thing from Higurashi canon:
It is not supposed to have any scientific accuracy, ever. Any coincidences are fiction. It just happens to be fairly well researched in some regards, particularly about the virus effects and what people are capable of because of them. Even if every single point I just made, which I doubt you can take an effective crack at (as your Higurashi knowledge is notoriously limited at this point), that would still be a thing established in the original Higurashi. Not everything may be absolutely accurate and Ryukishi himself is no doctor. All of what I just said came straight from the visual novel, it’s as canon information as it can possibly get, so if you beg to disagree do show me some high effort research next time instead of this poorly constructed nitpicks disguised as “valid criticism”. It’s comical how much of what you are shitting on is part of the canon from the start and was specifically addressed already. But hey, that’s what you get when you are solely focused on shitting on something without trying to make sense of it with information available in perfectly readable English.

You can ask you friend to do it. Then you'll tell us how "I didn't felt anything, so Sotsu actually making sense" lmao. I guess they didn't showed us that simply because they were relying on fans like you, who will explain everything instead, because Passione are too stupid to make logical decisions, but they definitely thinking that their fans are genius that could defend any shit, even if it doesn't make any sense. I remember when people were defending Keichi's survival in Onidamashi by either saying "It was hallucinitaion"(yeah, LMAO at them) or by saying "There was an incindent like this in real world in Japan", except they completely forgetting that Keichi not only got turned into fucking sieve considering how many times Rena stabbed him, but he was bleeding more than 12 hours. Yeah, it's surely the same as that incident.

Same dumb argument as before. You cannot fathom being wrong about some fictional work lack of realism, and thus attack people for using real examples of exactly what you are criticizing. Don’t be ridiculous, you are a huge hypocrite. Just deal with the fact you can’t argue against reality for shit when you have literal facts thrown at you proving your bitching as flat.

I ask for myself because I never was injected without knowing (or maybe I did and totally didn’t realize, that’s the whole point). If I ask my friends to do it I’ll know for sure I’m gonna be injected by them eventually, what sort of ingenious logic are you working with in there LMAO

The point was already proven by history, you have zero arguments left, so just let this go and stop embarrassing yourself.

And I also criticized the over-the-top stabbing myself, it was much more realistic in the manga, and the staff as a whole already admitted that the extra blood is in there to make it more fun. Hallucination filter or not, they just had a blast and went full gorn for the fun of it admittedly. Not my cup of tea personally and I disliked that they framed it that way intending for K1 to survive. It’s a negative I myself pointed out, and has nothing to do with the argument in hand, so stop trying to use it thinking it will validate your bullshit logic.

Yeah, the Higu plot we deserved. Oishi is just genius. Imagine pissing on sacred things and put the blame on others. What a genius decision lmao

I agree, it’s just what people would think a disrespectful jerkass like Teppei would do, something nobody in the village would, just by the time he came back, making him an obvious prime suspect to incriminate. Glad to see you working out your braincells with this show at least that much, with how obvious it was.

Maybe you're right, but to me it seems you give them too much credit. Just remember what people were thinking back in Gou, and that Sotsu just telled us "it doesn't matter, it's not that deep". You like that guy that try to find deep meaning in trivial things just becaseu "it can't be that easy, there's definitely some meaning behind it" lol

You are the one who gives them too little, because you are only here to shit on this series like the ignorant doomposter you are. They have far more attention to detail to the original plot elements than you would ever bother attempt searching for. Which is obvious, as it was written by Ryukishi and adapted by a director who is a long time fan of the series. Both of which definitely know better than you do with your hollow ass attempts to denigrate it, as I demonstrated above.

Really? You really want to compare OG Rika to SotsuGou Satoko by saying "They're similat"? smh

By saying they are similar and pointing out in which way, which you conveniently left out because, oh, maybe you can’t, once again, counterargue my proposals for shit?

So let me copy and paste it for your convenience:
Danpmss said:

Satoko is mirroring that, except she is causing everything. Funny enough, Rika didn't think twice before killing herself in Onidamashi. She is at least a bit more proactive than doing nothing for 100 years since Matsuribayashi (though admittedly, relying on her friends to do the action in her place, thus remaining her fatal flaw that got addressed again in Saikoroshi, in which she associate it to Bernkastel and part ways with her in that arc... then again, her Bern self is back again in Sotsugyou once she got back to looping (red eyes seem to be the graphic indication of Witch mode in this new series, we didn't really had one before this, likely because being a witch on itself wasn't part of a central conflict until Saikoroshi, and in there there's just one person).

Aaaaand back to your sad attempts to dunk on my comment.

Maybe "shit will hit the fan" in the episode after the next, conisdering that Sotsu going at a snail's pace

Pretty sure next episode will be the protest and watanagashi night, as they basically skipped the entire plot with K1 and company doing their thing in this episode, if they skip the late night reunion in the next one or just partially adapt it, I’m pretty sure we would be looking at the final Tataridamashi episode, which would fit the format so far, one episode less than the question arcs.

But remains to be seen, so I digress. They could either pull another episode like this one and finish it in one scoop, or take their time with their time wasting extended recaps instead, which will give us 5 eps of Tatariakashi. Could be both, they have been doing this every episode so far.

Yeah, let's forget that he still beated Satoko and Satoshi for the whole two years after they parents died. These events of the past are still true smh

Let’s forget this episode showed this in the very start, and that this entire series keeps displaying him as genuinely trying to redeem himself for the shitty ass person has was up to that point. Nobody forgot, much less Teppei. Don’t play dumb.

He was a shitty person, and after reliving his shitty outcomes in other kakeras as dreams, he wants to change his ways, and feel really bad for how he treated Satoko, wanting for her to at least forgive him if she ever could.

Satoko then elaborates a way in which she can use Teppei for her own goals (getting a gun and an unsuspecting partner in crime). While for Teppei, Satoko is literally a little angel he would give his life to protect, as not only she seemingly forgave him and want to start over, she solved his money problems that would otherwise make him unable to really turn a new leaf and live a new life, and for all he could ever want (he has problems with yakuza borrowed money, reason why he got killed the way he did so many times), Satoko of all people is providing him with that joyful opportunity.
He feels ashamed on himself by guilt for all bad he caused to her in the past and is more than anything in debt with her apparent selflessness. And now he is doing all he can to be the best family she still have, even though he is still a jerk to anyone else.

But sure, he is just unidimensional child beater Uncle forever, because that sure is a more interesting character to watch in a series that redeemed the biggest sorts of sociopaths because they only once couldn’t genocide an entire village after ritualistically torturing a little girl to death for the sole reason of wanting to prove her grandpa’s research was right, and enjoying every moment of it with a slasher smile.

I won’t even start about the plot regarding looping and making people change their minds after doing it too much, which was major plot point in the original, and returned in here with better effectiveness. Even Takano’s loop inducing redemption arc in this is better than the way they handwaved the fact she was the reason why Rika got shit for a century, and that one was mostly a side note from Nekodamashi expanded in Gou’s finale.

Kinda agree, but still he shoudl've got more screentime, inner thoughts and backstory, if they wanted to redeem him so hard. Also big F for that "Teppei deserved redeeming" plot.

And just when I was about to finally agree with something 100%. What I said above is all taken from what the anime displayed, he needed no more than that to be genuinely refreshing and well established as a character trying to redeem himself.

We already have all the backstory for Teppei we need, even in the Kai anime. He was a piece of shit, and Tatari & Gou 23 basically gave us a summary of just how much of an asshole he was during his entire life. To which he is doing all of what he can to do better and earn his niece’s supposed kindness.

What I meant is what I would actually prefer more Teppei stuff or actually useful information instead of extended recaps. This episode shown just how possible it is for them to speed through those without interrupting the flow with something that could be 30 seconds long easily.

How do you type 2 novels in one thread?
Aug 23, 2021 1:59 AM
May 2021
Verty_ said:

R07 taking action against his criticizers directly while using an alias perhaps? Instead of writing a better sequel he'd rather just tell haters they're all objectively wrong.

Personally I say just go read a better novel or watch a better show and save yourselves the trouble.
Aug 23, 2021 6:52 AM

Jul 2012
Verty_ said:

Do my best to prove arrogant doomposting wrong quote after quote since they bothered to do the same, I guess. Especially if they have the guts to be unpolite on top of that. Seems to be working. For example:

PinkShibaInu said:

Personally I say just go read a better novel or watch a better show and save yourselves the trouble.

As you can see, they can't counterargue a thing, so they try to downplay it as such. Truly saddening if you ask me. Then again, burner accounts done solely for that purpose if you take a look at their profile and threads they participated in. One could even argue they are one and the same circlejerking to make numbers.
DanpmssAug 23, 2021 6:55 AM
Aug 24, 2021 4:51 AM

Jul 2014
Danpmss said:
Verty_ said:

Do my best to prove arrogant doomposting wrong quote after quote since they bothered to do the same, I guess. Especially if they have the guts to be unpolite on top of that. Seems to be working. For example:

PinkShibaInu said:

As you can see, they can't counterargue a thing, so they try to downplay it as such. Truly saddening if you ask me. Then again, burner accounts done solely for that purpose if you take a look at their profile and threads they participated in. One could even argue they are one and the same circlejerking to make numbers.

Maybe they don't want to counterargue your novel because it's too long? I for one am mostly a lurker who reads most of the comments, and didn't read yours because it takes too fucking long
Aug 24, 2021 1:46 PM
May 2021

Idk, how about maybe I just don't have the time or patient to talk to someone who clearly has R07 deep up his asshole. There's nothing to argue, you'd marry R07 if possible and that's fine by me as I couldn't care any less than I do. Anything else is more worth my limited free time and I figure it's only fair to warn future posters to save their valuable time as well.

Btw long ago when I first started posting here (not as a burner account as you said, this is my only account) you came off as by far the most desperate to defend everything that has to do with this show. Are you trying to convince US it's good or yourself?
Aug 26, 2021 8:41 AM

Jul 2012
PinkShibaInu said:

Idk, how about maybe I just don't have the time or patient to talk to someone who clearly has R07 deep up his asshole. There's nothing to argue, you'd marry R07 if possible and that's fine by me as I couldn't care any less than I do. Anything else is more worth my limited free time and I figure it's only fair to warn future posters to save their valuable time as well.

Btw long ago when I first started posting here (not as a burner account as you said, this is my only account) you came off as by far the most desperate to defend everything that has to do with this show. Are you trying to convince US it's good or yourself?

Your only activity in your entire account is to shit on Newgurashi in every sigle thread and nothing else, you don't even have a anime/manga list, nor have anything else to discuss other than circlejerk about how shit you think this is (coincidentally or not, with another burner account with the exact specifics). By all definitions this is a burner account LMAO

At least try not to look like one if you are going to deny such an obvious thing.
Aug 26, 2021 8:42 AM

Jul 2012
Kuroimi said:
Danpmss said:

Maybe they don't want to counterargue your novel because it's too long? I for one am mostly a lurker who reads most of the comments, and didn't read yours because it takes too fucking long

Well, they did reply with a whole lot of text to my comment. So yeah, I don't think so, when thye have something to say, they sure are just as wordy.
Aug 27, 2021 6:25 AM
Jul 2021
Dude these past episodes have been really boring.

Aug 28, 2021 9:38 AM

Aug 2009
The only logical thing in this entire episode was, surprisingly, Ooishi's scratch marks. For once in 1,5 seasons,they didnt just happen on the first try.

So let me get this straight..
Teppei is a 15 year old sitcom MC who gets embarrassed by kiddy panties?
This thug not only had a change of heart he is a different character with Teppei's design.
When he is with Satoko he is a different character, not "different side" of him.
When he encounters others, hell even Ooishi, he actually seems a thug that wants to fix his garbage life.

What is a teaspoon? Oh right a GLASS.
This is just ridiculous.

You know I realized the biggest problem I have with Satoko as the EVIL MASTERMIND.

When Rika was talking to others using her facade they would listen to her because she is the miko and/or reincarnation of Oyashiro-sama and they are all superstitious af.
Even then, people who happen to be outside the village like Akasaka didnt listen or believe on her until after what she said happened which is why they even try to find the truth years after her death and the Hinamizawa Disaster.

Now Satoko, who is a 10 year old and an absolutely nobody, has perfect conversations with adults, detectives and thugs and everyone just rolls with it.
Why are they listening to what a brat has to say.
Ooishi looked for signs of abuse like I search a missing pen and then accepted her words.

Teppei, aside from his 15yo MC persona, has also become her bitch.

No comment about the scene that mirrors Keichi's fire in Gou.

Aug 28, 2021 12:21 PM

Jul 2008
And now Ooishi was given the crazy drug....damn you Satoko.
Sep 26, 2021 8:59 AM

Mar 2010
Satoko truly is a master of manipulation and dat syringe just makes things that much more possible. I forgot things got this far, I thought she would use it on her uncle as well for double reassurance.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Sep 30, 2021 11:28 PM
Apr 2018
1. If you looks at KEIICHI's bravery (not against it), he looks so stupid in this episode. lol!

2. TEPPEI called OISHI-san, which made SATOKO somewhat aware about him.

3. TEPPEI and OISHI-san are the characters which I liked seeing so far ; not to mention RIKA as well.

Favorite scenes :
10:00 Patsu desu ka?
15:01 Oishi-san's belly carrybag!
Oct 3, 2021 10:07 PM

Sep 2021
the logic got a little weird for a moment in this episode. Oishi should have his nose up in everyone's business in Hinamizawa so he should definitely know a thing or two if the WHOLE VILLAGE is bullying poor little Satoko right? Wouldn't it make sense for him to dispel Satoko's lies, telling Teppei that she is not being bullied, before he gets his shot in the neck?
Oct 4, 2021 3:53 AM

Oct 2014
yhagni said:
the logic got a little weird for a moment in this episode. Oishi should have his nose up in everyone's business in Hinamizawa so he should definitely know a thing or two if the WHOLE VILLAGE is bullying poor little Satoko right? Wouldn't it make sense for him to dispel Satoko's lies, telling Teppei that she is not being bullied, before he gets his shot in the neck?
Yet another point of poor writing in the big picture.
Intelligent gets through situations which wise avoids.
Dec 27, 2021 12:28 PM

Nov 2010
Hulio said:
yhagni said:
Yet another point of poor writing in the big picture.

Nah, not really. Oiishi is stationed most of the times in Okonomiyaki. He was only active in the area for a time during the dam murder. He doesn't really go to that village unless there's something important. It makes sense he wouldn't be aware of all the sudden changes in that village. And besides, before he was able to interview the villagers, he was already injected by H173.

Anyway,

I really want to become someone who lives in loops. I am curious to observe all the changes I can do to what I value.

Now it makes sense why Oiishi was such a villain during Gou. Seeing all this from a different perspective wrap things up quite nicely. It's no wonder he suddenly massacred everyone during that shard. Looking back at my previous posts, I find my hypothesis so funny.
Jan 16, 2023 6:43 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The Detective is the next "guinea pig"!!! kekeke
Jan 29, 2023 4:00 AM

Apr 2013
Not quite sure what Oishii's motive is behind putting the blame on Teppei. Seems pretty random to me. Anyway, too many reused scenes again.
Feb 27, 2023 5:49 PM
Jul 2015
So that's why everyone been touching their neck syringe drug maniac
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sotsu Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2021

412 by Drinzen »»
Feb 22, 4:37 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sotsu Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2021

395 by Drinzen »»
Feb 22, 4:12 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sotsu Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2021

215 by Drinzen »»
Feb 22, 4:03 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sotsu Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 12, 2021

159 by Drinzen »»
Feb 22, 3:18 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sotsu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 5, 2021

121 by Drinzen »»
Feb 22, 3:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.