Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Tokyo Revengers
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Aug 14, 2021 4:41 PM

Apr 2020
MY GOD WHAT A GREAT EPISODE!!!

Kazutora is a coward, and Mikey can't be human. Draken vs Hanma was awesome. And Takemichi finally punching someone. I love this show.

And people complaining about animation... at this point you should've realized the budget on Tokyo Revengers is not that big, uh? Despite that fact LIDENFILMS is doing an awesome work.
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Aug 14, 2021 4:44 PM

Jul 2014
That Kazutora flashback and reason was almost 90s Broly movie tier trash.
"I only studied a little bit of history and I have learned there are two current thoughts in human history. The opinion that there are things worth more than human life and the opinion that there is nothing preferable to life. When the war begins, it is on the pretext of the former type of people and it justify the latter when the war ends"
Aug 14, 2021 4:50 PM
Apr 2021
too mich unrealystic how much metal bat swings can mikey take before his face gets disfigured.
Aug 14, 2021 4:53 PM
Apr 2021
ZenneChan said:
I really thought mikey was gonna die
he should have if he was human but this is just too much unrealystic
Aug 14, 2021 5:43 PM

Mar 2016
i can't believe we only have 5 episodes left, they're edging us
Aug 14, 2021 6:00 PM
Apr 2016
Man, I really dig this story and its characters but I wish the whole thing was handled by a better studio. The only thing they've done right is the OST. Pretty much everything else is mediocre at best.
CruicruiseAug 14, 2021 6:05 PM
Aug 14, 2021 6:00 PM

Nov 2014
Never piss either Draken or Mikey off, that's one thing clear.

And where the heck is Baji? God, not seeing him makes me extremely nervous.

And Kazutora - Jesus, I understand going in denial when you did something fucked up, but holding a grudge in two years and blame Mikey for Kazutora himself did and just happily tried to bash his head in with a pipe? I am afraid he got more than few screws loose.

And the animation - It wasn't the overly best, but I still hand it to LIDENFILMS, people can say otherwise, but this ain't MAPPA or Madhouse, don't expect fights to be like 'em. I was fine with this.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 14, 2021 6:25 PM

Sep 2015
Kazutora

*Brings the idea and goes out of his own way to steal the bike for Mikeys Birthday*

*Instead of thinking or knocking Mikeys brother unconciously, he bashes his head and murders him*

*Realized that it was Mikeys brothers shop that he was robbing it from*

"It's Mikeys fault"

*States that if he kills Mikey he would be a hero* (even though he murdered his brother unintentionally)

I don't get it, Mikey never even asked for a Birthday gift, if anything this was Kazutoras fault especially how Mikey lost his brother which is a much worse position that Kazutora is in right now. And when he said "Become a Hero by killing your enemy, and how Mikey said "Is that why you killed my brother?" Does that imply Kazutora was doing it for the same reason to become a Hero?.,.. "To become a Hero"? WHAT?!

I'm pretty sure his idea was avoid getitng caught for stealing the Bike......
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Aug 14, 2021 6:51 PM

Jul 2012
Takemichi annoyed me way too much this episode. He knows that Mikey is going to go crazy and kill Kazutora, which will act as the trigger for him to go to the dark side, yet he does nothing to create even a small change in that result. And he doesn't go and subtly protect Baji either. His goal is to CHANGE the events that happen, not fight in this stupid battle.
Literally what is the point of coming back, if you're not actively trying to change the events? He is 26, but has the cognitive deduction of a middle schooler still. He knows the triggers, and yet actively doesn't do anything to stop them.
RSin95Aug 14, 2021 8:58 PM
Aug 14, 2021 7:16 PM

Jul 2014
RSin95 said:
Takemichi annoyed me way too much this episode. He knows what Mikey is going to go crazy and kill Kazutora, which will act as the trigger for him to go to the dark side, yet he does nothing to create even a small change in that result. And he doesn't go and subtly protect Baji either. His goal is to CHANGE the events that happen, not fight in this stupid battle.
Literally what is the point of coming back, if you're not actively trying to change the events? He is 26, but has the cognitive deduction of a middle schooler still. He knows the triggers, and yet actively doesn't do anything to stop them.

Exactly, you’d think this man was sheltered his whole life or some shit. He’s not a convincing 26 year old mentally and heck even physically lmao. I just know this will be one of those animes I’ll look back in a few years and question why I even continued watching.
PurpleRequiemAug 14, 2021 7:50 PM
"I only studied a little bit of history and I have learned there are two current thoughts in human history. The opinion that there are things worth more than human life and the opinion that there is nothing preferable to life. When the war begins, it is on the pretext of the former type of people and it justify the latter when the war ends"
Aug 14, 2021 7:20 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Yo, was my eyes trippin or did they forget to add before the scene frames at 20:07 minutes mark? I feel like there's something missing there, if you know what i mean. Two guys just suddenly pinning Mikey down, like what? Some part of the fights scene actually not so convincing me this episode, different from what i feel mostly at when they were against the Moebius. Oh well, this is Lidenfilm after all, so yeah, its not surprising if its end as a so-so.

Anything elses just a fine pieces. Takemichi not a crybaby anymore. That's surprising. Baji's missing, thus same with the impostor of the Manji gang, Kisaki. I feel like something wrong happened between those two. But, lets see next. Not to mention how Kazutora really a fucked up guy. His brain already broken when he killed Mikey's brother. No justification. Its just plain wrong. Even everyone else simply thought him crazy af. So, yeah, kill him, Mikey-sama!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Aug 14, 2021 7:37 PM

Aug 2020
Takemitchy in the middle of a fight standing around made me laugh, but when he finally realized the thing it was awesome, damn Mickey 1 vs 3:0

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Aug 14, 2021 7:49 PM

Mar 2019
Animation looked really weird in this one, but still overall an enjoyable episode.

Takemichi did his best, considering this guy doesn't fight at all, being able to hit some punches was already something. Plus, he helped bumping up the other memebers' morale.

Thought Mikey had died there but well, guess it's gonna be the same thing with Draken's death. When all hope seems lost, something is gonna happen and the future will be changed.

Saw some people guessing where is Baji, but... Where the hell is Kisaki as well? Maybe they are fighting? Or even worse. Maybe Kisaki is manipulating someone else to beat of Baji.

At least, let's hope for a more polished animation next week.
Aug 14, 2021 8:00 PM
Sep 2015
I just have one question, where is Baji?
Aug 14, 2021 8:01 PM
Nov 2015
animation was absolutely garbage tier, it ruined it to be honest

Lawlo06Aug 14, 2021 8:10 PM
Aug 14, 2021 8:17 PM

Apr 2020
The fact that Mikey survived so many swings in the head from Kazutora proofs that this is a work of fiction.
Aug 14, 2021 8:21 PM
May 2021
The action i was waiting for worth it🔥🔥🔥
Aug 14, 2021 8:22 PM

Aug 2019
don’t have to be someone knowledgeable in human anatomy to tell you no human is surviving that many blows to the skull with a metal pipe let alone maintaining consciousness, but anime logic
Aug 14, 2021 8:33 PM

Jun 2021
This ep was 3.5 max animaton and choreography of fights didn't live upto hype and Takemichi is just standing there like a dumb f. I expected better by how manga readers hyped this up. Its becoming more typical shonen with every ep
You are amazing 『Natsuki Subaru』
Aug 14, 2021 8:51 PM

Jul 2011
At the end of this arc need why Baji decided to go Wahalla, I mean in this episode even the characters were 'huh?" about the reason why Kazutora is doing that.

Aug 14, 2021 8:56 PM

Nov 2012
About 7 hits to the head and you still win a 3on 1 fight. oook! Guess that pipe was papier mache covered in foil.
Aug 14, 2021 9:03 PM

Jul 2012
PurpleRequiem said:
RSin95 said:
Takemichi annoyed me way too much this episode. He knows what Mikey is going to go crazy and kill Kazutora, which will act as the trigger for him to go to the dark side, yet he does nothing to create even a small change in that result. And he doesn't go and subtly protect Baji either. His goal is to CHANGE the events that happen, not fight in this stupid battle.

Exactly, you’d think this man was sheltered his whole life or some shit. He’s not a convincing 26 year old mentally and heck even physically lmao. I just know this will be one of those animes I’ll look back in a few years and question why I even continued watching.

I hope it doesn't become something I don't regret watching. I like the concept, the setting, the theme, and most of the other characters. It's just Takemichi's constant cognitive dissonance and lack of critical thinking that throws me off. He is there to change events in the timeline, not play Middle School gangster. I understand that he was a mentally stunted 26 year old, but you think that there would have at least been some growth after understanding the fatal consequences of each event.
Aug 14, 2021 9:15 PM

Jul 2016
bladecode said:
I just have one question, where is Baji?

I kept expecting him to show up and save Mikey.
Aug 14, 2021 9:57 PM

Jul 2016
Dude... the battle of cringe, derpy-looking characters and super-human teens. *shivers* And man... if only Shinichiro had had the tungsten head his little bro has.

Awful episode. Same old story again: Takemichi being a pathetic mess who immediately forgot about checking on Baji the moment the fight started and come on, him suddenly becoming the moral support of ToMan is pure bullshit. Seriously, what a lame way to make his wimpy persona somewhat relevant again.

As for Kazutora... no comments. Incredible how the "nah, he's just batshit crazy" excuse was used to justify how badly written his character is.

And also, where the hell was Baji? A massive brawl occurring and the dude who loves punching pedestrians just vanishes? Yeah, right.
SouthRzVaAug 14, 2021 10:17 PM
Aug 14, 2021 10:16 PM
Apr 2016
I mean for a 26y/o Takemichi is very immature. The author made that very clear from the start.
Aug 14, 2021 11:17 PM
Jan 2018
minfairys said:
fun fact(?) mikey got hit multiple times but shinichiro, his brother died with just one bonk. if only shinichiro had a head like mikey, maybe he wouldn't have died?

Fun fact: There’s a different in expecting to be hit and being hit off guard. You can brace yourself off guard hits are more lethal
Aug 14, 2021 11:23 PM

Dec 2014
Does production team really have to drag this episode out?

No matter how you long, they are dragging this episode longer.

This is annoying.
Signature removed. Check your inbox
Aug 14, 2021 11:52 PM
Oct 2007
It was hard to watch Mikey getting hit like that. Pretty hype episode despite the low to average production value, thoroughly enjoyed it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 15, 2021 12:09 AM
Apr 2021
See all this ep review are elitist but good ep 8/10
Aug 15, 2021 12:14 AM
May 2021
I thought it was the best episode so far.
Aug 15, 2021 12:17 AM

Mar 2020
Animation is a bit off these days. The art style too. This part looked way better in the manga.
Aug 15, 2021 12:57 AM

Apr 2021
Ngl the fight scene was really not that good, and towards the end they really cringed me out.
Aug 15, 2021 1:21 AM
Oct 2015
It maybe be an unpopular opinion, but I must confess I'm a bit disappointed. Animation has never been TR's strongest point, but in such an action packed episode like this one it gets too noticeable. Clunky, stiff, weak and without any type of creative stuff or crazy camera movement that adds some kind of dynamism to the fight scenes.

The show is fun, don't get me wrong, though I can't overlook how exaggerated the Mikey scene was. Dude got hitted several times with a pipe (!!!) and then he casually knocks those three out. I get that it's meant to show how strong and badass Mikey is, but that's too unrealistic even for Tokyo Revengers (Ik it's an anime, still).

Draken's and Takeuseless' parts were fine, nothing special but they had their time to shine in their one ways, so I'm okay with it.

I really hope Kazutora gets what he deserves, the guy is demented and none backstory will change my thoughts on him.
byKaznaAug 15, 2021 1:26 AM
Aug 15, 2021 1:46 AM

Jun 2020
tokyo revengers ep 19 animation>>>fate/stay night: heaven's feel 3
Aug 15, 2021 2:02 AM
Dec 2017
I usually go easy on animation because I know they are saving time to do battles justice... But now we reached an important battle and the level of animation is below what we usually get which is unacceptable. Only the last five minutes or so were bearable. I hope they did it to make the next ep look amazing.
I highly encourage everyone who is still an anime-only to try the manga, the art is infinitely better, I can't even comparte the lines of Ken Wakui to the very dull style in the anime.
Aug 15, 2021 3:15 AM

Aug 2013
Razakel3 said:

Yeah dude you are definitely cappin'. Sure HF3 wasn't great especially given how the emotional tension was cut in important parts but animation wise? Come on bro XD
Don't believe the hype.
Aug 15, 2021 3:15 AM

Aug 2013
Takemitchy is a bitch, that's all I can say.
Don't believe the hype.
Aug 15, 2021 3:26 AM

Mar 2015
what a shitty episode. 20 mins and nothing happened. 0 progress. even aot didn't make no episode this shitty
Am I a good person? No. But do I try to be better every single day? Also no
Aug 15, 2021 3:36 AM

Jun 2020
DedPanda said:
Razakel3 said:

Yeah dude you are definitely cappin'. Sure HF3 wasn't great especially given how the emotional tension was cut in important parts but animation wise? Come on bro XD

Irony(ˈīrənē)can be categorized into different types, including verbal irony, dramatic irony, and situational irony. Verbal, dramatic, and situational irony are often used for emphasis in the assertion of a truth. The ironic form of simile, used in sarcasm, and some forms of litotes can emphasize one's meaning by the deliberate use of language which states the opposite of the truth, denies the contrary of the truth, or drastically and obviously understates a factual connection.

edit - bro seriously you thought i was for real?
KvaradonaAug 15, 2021 3:41 AM
Aug 15, 2021 3:51 AM

Aug 2020
Well that was disappointing . I didnt expect much from the animation , so that was a low bar to start from anyway , but the writing also got worse ( not that i expected it to get better either ,but the last few eps were genuinely decent ).

The shounen power up was very cliche and lame . i really had to facepalm at that moment . i mean who even does that nowadays ? i dont know if even dbz is still utilizing that asspull technique...

takemitchy was just being takemitchy of course . Nothing more to say there .

And on the topic of the animation , it was definitely underwhelming . Also considering that this was the best staff this anime could have offered .
It was a step up from the past eps , but like i mentioned before , not exactly a high bar.
Overall , commendable effort , but very lacking . the consistency was non-existant . Some of the drawings were just plain bad .

For a series that is doing so well in sales , you expect much better . Producers definitely have a decision to make for the sequel seasons , if they are planning on any .
Aug 15, 2021 3:54 AM
Jun 2020
Bro Mikey is one tough mofo. The dude took multiple blows to the head with a metal pipe! I was hoping Draken was going to deliver a Cpt Erwin-type speech to the boys, but Takemichi somewhat did it lol. Anyway, this episode was probably the best so far.
Aug 15, 2021 4:02 AM

Feb 2014
Damn Baji-san ain't even here yet and they'll be fighting over him. His entrance is gonna be epic.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Aug 15, 2021 4:04 AM
Jan 2021
anime is disappointing af to me I was hyped for the hanma vs draken but it was horrible. they need to change studio ASAP
Aug 15, 2021 4:21 AM

Aug 2013
Razakel3 said:
DedPanda said:

Irony(ˈīrənē)can be categorized into different types, including verbal irony, dramatic irony, and situational irony. Verbal, dramatic, and situational irony are often used for emphasis in the assertion of a truth. The ironic form of simile, used in sarcasm, and some forms of litotes can emphasize one's meaning by the deliberate use of language which states the opposite of the truth, denies the contrary of the truth, or drastically and obviously understates a factual connection.

Touche, you got me there. You win the internet for today homie. I applaud you on your clever use of metaphorical idioms.
Don't believe the hype.
Aug 15, 2021 4:29 AM

Jun 2020
DedPanda said:
Razakel3 said:

Touche, you got me there. You win the internet for today homie. I applaud you on your clever use of metaphorical idioms.

don't worry about that, you are from texas so you are justified
Aug 15, 2021 4:58 AM

Nov 2014
Clas1ck said:
Oioioi, today we should be proud of Takemitchy c:

At this point if I don't get good explanations, I'm hating Kazutora, he hates Mickey for no reason and on top of that he doesn't even dare to face him alone against him >:c
its not no reason. He's the type to blame others for his mistakes so its no surprise that he blames mikey for him having to go to juvie since he was doing everything for mikey. Its like when people did something bad and they're like "i did this for you! How could you blame me for this?? And now im in trouble! You should take responsibility for this since if it wasn't for you i wouldn't have done it!" This kind of mindset.
Aug 15, 2021 5:01 AM

Dec 2018
The fight looks good, just lack of superb animation, i guess...
Geezz, Mikey is to OP... getting hit directly at the head many time and still fine... Kazutora started to get really annoying here... sure he have family problem, but blaming Mikey is so unrelatable .

Aug 15, 2021 5:01 AM

Nov 2014
TweedleDane said:
The shounen power up was very cliche and lame . i really had to facepalm at that moment . i mean who even does that nowadays ? i dont know if even dbz is still utilizing that asspull technique...

What shounen power up do u mean? I dont see any
Aug 15, 2021 5:14 AM

Oct 2017
Mikey should 100000% be dead after that head trauma, but okay.
Aug 15, 2021 5:18 AM

Oct 2016
Damn, if only Shinichiro was built like Mikey he'd still be alive. Draken and Mikey definitely not humans bro. Mikey got clapped by a pipe multiple times, but he still managed to knock out Kazutora while his leg was carrying a grown ass man. Kiryu and Majima would be proud, this the type of brawl you'd see in Yakuza lmao, it's great.

Even they acknowledge that Kazutora is batshit crazy, definitely something wrong in that head of his, maybe because of his upbringing. Pretty hype to see Takemitchy actually throwing them hands. He'll never be the best fighter, but he has potential to be a great leader, as long as he gets some confidence. Baji is nowhere to be seen though. Looking forward to the next episode.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Revengers Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2021

335 by Captain22 »»
Apr 21, 2:46 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Revengers Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2021

250 by Captain22 »»
Apr 19, 3:52 AM

Poll: » I read so many people saying that Takemichi is a pedo and i want to know your opinion

Onii-chanShuki - Sep 29, 2021

30 by Piromysl »»
Apr 2, 10:41 PM

» Worst protagonist ever? ( 1 2 3 4 )

Leon888 - Jan 14

169 by KobayashiChi »»
Mar 19, 3:57 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Revengers Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2021

253 by Ryokonoma »»
Mar 10, 11:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.