Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 1, 2010 2:45 AM

Mar 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Great start, Queen Latifah jokes and Momoko calling Black rap satanic ^_^

HAHA totally forgot this was gonna be a big black cock episode. And so much racism is pure comedy gold. "I know what you people do... JEW" haha

The whole snow ghost in a hotel thing was kind of lame. But the Hajime x asian girl jokes were hilarious. Loved how they used the same track for her screaming.
KinetaOct 20, 2012 10:48 AM

"What happens when we die?" I know that the ones who love us will miss us.
Jan 11, 2014 9:52 PM

Jan 2013
Another Ghost defeated.
Hopefully it changes up a bit the last 3 episodes.
Mar 11, 2014 11:52 AM

May 2008
Since that girl say that her sister is dead without crying I already know that there is something wrong with her...

Does someone even watch it in orginal japanese dub?
I tried to watch it in eng dub but the dumb jokes ruins the show totally for me.
Aug 2, 2014 6:17 PM

Feb 2011
LMAO! Every time I heard the girl's scream I lost it.
Oct 16, 2014 10:40 PM

Jun 2009
T~T She was so popular!!
Jul 18, 2015 4:43 PM
Aug 2012
evil spirits are born because they feel lonely and neglected- it's the same with people, sad fact but we don't change even after dying....
Feb 24, 2016 9:15 AM
Jul 2014
LMFAO - KONICHILINGUS!!!! Joke of the entire series!!!
May 19, 2016 7:02 AM

Aug 2013
Haha, to be honest I wasn't really sure if I was going to enjoy this show as much as I have so far but the humor really does come to the forefront here.

The "black rap is Satanic line" for instance is hilarious because it came out of this girl when you weren't expecting it. The fact that the show is horror-oriented also creates a lot of opportunities for moments like this.

"Oh it may be blue now but soon it will be redder than Republican Texas." Also gotta love the political/religious humor here. xD
LunaCSunshineMay 19, 2016 7:10 AM
May 26, 2016 12:30 PM

Apr 2009
go figure, i suspected the brat from her second time on screen =_='

"Omaeda!" <--Yako =w=

.....felt like a filler-episode, to be honest, but i suppose that's mostly since they weren't around the school or town ^_^'
I like to comment Episodes as i Watch them.
Jan 9, 2017 11:40 PM

Dec 2013
Pretty obvious that girl was going to be the ghost.

That chant was surprisingly catchy!
May 29, 2017 9:44 PM

Mar 2015
Yknow Momoko has some great lines, but I think I've decided my favorite is Leo... he just comes way out of left field with some of the stuff he says. The Pantone comment killed me tbh. Also his fourth wall breaks- "we're ten minutes into the episode and there hasn't been a ghost yet!"

Apr 22, 2018 7:30 PM

Feb 2017
3/5 for that spell chant.
May 12, 2018 10:18 PM

Sep 2013
wow...the big black cock jokes....wow

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Apr 25, 2019 2:42 AM

Jun 2016
As obvious as it was, the kid in me liked figuring out she was the ghost all along. Gosh though, that jump scare will give me nightmares TODAY imagine seeing that as a child...

The only joke that really got me this time was when Keiichirou read the wrong side of the newspaper hehehe.

I'm not super clear on how Hajime got out of the door, didn't it lock behind him? Nor why the living sister didn't say anything until the truth was already out.
Feb 12, 2021 5:36 PM
Jul 2018
Ranivus said:

HAHA totally forgot this was gonna be a big black cock episode. And so much racism is pure comedy gold. "I know what you people do... JEW" haha

But the Hajime x asian girl jokes were hilarious.

Oh God this episode probably didn't age too well. 😅
11 years after this comment, here the U.S. is sitting in the middle of the biggest race controversy since MLKJ's time.

This show's offensive humor probably wouldn't stir up controversy, save for episodes like this, if it were to somehow become subject to a trend or mainstream resurge.

I personally didn't have an issue with the dub jokes, but I'd understand if others do. (The "little yellow people" line may have been pushing it, but I always penned the "BBC" jokes as flattering, and I'm sure we've all grown numb to the Jew jokes.)
At the time no one probably batted an eye but today this script could ruin the writer's career. Whoever wrote the jokes for this episode is probably praying the Twitter and Tumblr users don't rediscover this episode and try to lynch them over it.
removed-userFeb 12, 2021 5:40 PM
Feb 12, 2021 5:37 PM
Jul 2018
So..
Even in the dub I can tell what an awful episode this must’ve been.
But it had one of the first jump-scares in the entire show, interestingly enough.
Also, I’m not sure what the context was of the original show, but Hajime seems like a pretty useless character.
I was taken aback to see him actually warn the group of something — who the real ghost was — in this episode.
But how did he get out of the room that he was locked in? Or was it implied that the other chick let him out…

Apr 18, 2021 5:11 PM

Oct 2017
Wow, woooooowwwww, they really went overkill with the racist jokes, alot have been acceptable and not pinned on anyone really - even at times it adds things to the characters depth

but not this time, this one really threw some radical jokes in peoples faces left and right, and if someone was writing this paragraph for me im sure they'd say like a hung mule in peoples faces,

but yeah total overkill, they coulda opted out this ep for so many jokes or done it differently somehow, maybe more serious or just changed more of the script to make it better instead of one long outta control comedy act that really removed the purpose to this episode at all
Nov 1, 2022 9:27 AM

Jun 2008
This episode was kind of meh, especially compared with the last two.

Dec 3, 2022 6:56 PM
Aug 2021
Just drive the bus, bus driver.
Dec 20, 2022 1:43 AM

Mar 2021
I'm not PC by any means but I just found the edgy racial humor unfunny in this one episode in particular don't know just worked better in the 2000s the humor in the other episodes work really well though.
Dec 20, 2022 1:45 AM

Mar 2021
GodOfWolves said:
Wow, woooooowwwww, they really went overkill with the racist jokes, alot have been acceptable and not pinned on anyone really - even at times it adds things to the characters depth

but not this time, this one really threw some radical jokes in peoples faces left and right, and if someone was writing this paragraph for me im sure they'd say like a hung mule in peoples faces,

but yeah total overkill, they coulda opted out this ep for so many jokes or done it differently somehow, maybe more serious or just changed more of the script to make it better instead of one long outta control comedy act that really removed the purpose to this episode at all

This is the one time I think they went too far for their good I'm not offended in the slightest just wasn't as funny as it could've been if they decided to do something other than racial jokes.
Dec 20, 2022 5:15 AM

Oct 2017
TarifKabir said:
GodOfWolves said:

This is the one time I think they went too far for their good I'm not offended in the slightest just wasn't as funny as it could've been if they decided to do something other than racial jokes.

My comments like a year and a half old so remind me, is this the ski resort ep or something? Where the one girl keeps talking about d--ks and being really racist and with a lot of weird slutty jokes or something? Cuz if it is, agreed, its the one episode that was really just too crazy for its own good, like i enjoyed the crazy no limit jokes in all the eps til the end, but not when its all just racial, like at least add variety, but the show gets better if this is your first time watching it, there a few slow ones but the last one and a few before make up for them, the ending is the best thing that could of happened for it though in my opinion, they actually, some fking,how, give it a proper send off despite having almost no actual story to it, it felt legit lmao XD it was just so great. I ended up bumping it from a 9 to a solid 10 because of it.
GodOfWolvesDec 20, 2022 5:24 AM
Mar 14, 2023 12:25 PM
Nov 2017
removed-user said:
Ranivus said:

But the Hajime x asian girl jokes were hilarious.

Oh God this episode probably didn't age too well. 😅
11 years after this comment, here the U.S. is sitting in the middle of the biggest race controversy since MLKJ's time.

This show's offensive humor probably wouldn't stir up controversy, save for episodes like this, if it were to somehow become subject to a trend or mainstream resurge.

I personally didn't have an issue with the dub jokes, but I'd understand if others do. (The "little yellow people" line may have been pushing it, but I always penned the "BBC" jokes as flattering, and I'm sure we've all grown numb to the Jew jokes.)
At the time no one probably batted an eye but today this script could ruin the writer's career. Whoever wrote the jokes for this episode is probably praying the Twitter and Tumblr users don't rediscover this episode and try to lynch them over it.

It's all improv. No writer, just the actors playing off of whoever recorded first and saying things as many outrageous things they could think of
Apr 23, 2023 3:42 AM

Nov 2022
funniest episode yet

Nov 28, 2023 2:02 PM

Jul 2022
holy shit was this episode vulgar lol i enjoyed it very much, as always

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gakkou no Kaidan Episode 20 Discussion

Ranivus - Apr 1, 2010

46 by matheoo41 »»
Mar 25, 4:49 PM

Poll: » Gakkou no Kaidan Episode 18 Discussion

Ranivus - Apr 1, 2010

19 by matheoo41 »»
Mar 20, 7:54 PM

Poll: » Gakkou no Kaidan Episode 15 Discussion

Ranivus - Mar 28, 2010

24 by matheoo41 »»
Feb 20, 6:39 PM

Poll: » Gakkou no Kaidan Episode 12 Discussion

Ranivus - Mar 28, 2010

37 by Sexyjutsu »»
Feb 12, 1:14 AM

Poll: » Gakkou no Kaidan Episode 10 Discussion

stand - Oct 22, 2013

21 by Sexyjutsu »»
Feb 7, 1:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.