Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 31, 2021 10:03 AM

Jul 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
SO...WHAT NOW? Losing to Shuugo by a hair is a big loss to the water polo team, and it seems that Shuugo's own backstory with water polo also influenced his present behaviour from his competitive brother who also does sports that are better than him in every way, the closest being swimming.

Some of the water polo seniors from a rival school (Shogakugan High) came for a look, and as much as Minato's amnesia goes, it's a memory that doesn't Re-Main. But a push is all that's needed to give Shuugo the choice to help the water polo team...because of his brother (Riku Momosaki), what a coincidence for a team ace. And that completes the 7-man team for them to commence training.

The Yaoi fans are always brimming for the small onsen squeeze heat session of the boys from training in the pool, and Jou's idea of participating in a competition comes as no surprise, so getting involved in a practice match for the newbies to get things going.

The first time that we're seeing their neighbours: Rikka Academy's water polo team rivals, and just a glimpse for a start. These 3 guys sure look like they're gearing for a fight, and Shuugo has every bragging rights to believe based on Riku's experience. So it's not them they'll be competing with, but a junior water polo team, and seeing their exhibition match against Minato and Co. for a start with Chinu.

You guys have a lot to do to avoid being trashed by mere young kids who are on a caliber higher than yours. This ain't looking good...
KANLen09Jul 31, 2021 11:58 AM
Jul 31, 2021 10:52 AM

Jun 2019
Well, at least Amihama has joined the club when he heard about his brother. That was really quick. We finally start to do some practice with the ball and in the water to get ourselves ready. Everyone's working hard for this and trying to figure out stuff. But, now their next goal is to get their first win.

And, by the looks of it, it's gonna be hard for this rookie team who's facing a junior team and still they're having a hard time. It'll be interesting to see how this goes in the next episode. Either they'll have a comeback or they're gonna get destroyed by little kids.
Jul 31, 2021 11:01 AM

Jan 2021
AAAA Not gonna lie, I didn't expect that, I thought they'd come up with something stupid to get him to join, but I am surprised :o

It's getting interesting, training and the first game is starting
Although this is if you win, they call you a bully and if you lose you're humiliated. So far it doesn't seem to be going well :c
Jul 31, 2021 11:04 AM
Jan 2021
It was expected of the new guy to join, didn't expect big bro-lil bro moment though, looking forward to what happens in the next episode, I hope they don't get destroyed by little kids.
Jul 31, 2021 11:12 AM
Sep 2015
Are the opposing team junior high or elementary school?

Anyway, I love that their screen time in the water is much longer than other swimming anime like Free! and Dive!!

I hope Re-Main won't be just a one season anime, it has potential to be a big franchise as much as Free!
Jul 31, 2021 11:43 AM
Mar 2021
I thought Amihama's bro is died because He said "I am used to life without my big bro and mother". XD

It will be really frustrating if they lose against lil kids and Amihama already underestimate other team too I can imagine the other team will be like, "LOOOLLLL look at you lose to lil kids, and you dare to say we are weak"
Jul 31, 2021 2:24 PM
Oct 2020
I’m really curious to see how they’re gonna shape up and how much water polo playing well get to see.
Jul 31, 2021 3:51 PM

Jun 2014
"Re-Main" .... now that we know the title's meaning, i feel really bad for the guy who struggled so hard to think of an english word play but could only come up with this weak lame pun.
Jul 31, 2021 4:28 PM

Apr 2018
Damn he lost, that was close. Well, after overhearring the Senpai's conversation Amihama changes his mind and joins the club. With the only reason in mind; to defeat his brother.
And THAT brother is actually Minato's former teammate, Riku. That was big suprise.

Second half of the episode is a practice match. Not against the ''Hokurine Three'' or something but against grade schoolers. And the first goal goes to them. Things are not looking good.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jul 31, 2021 4:56 PM

Jun 2021
Another questionable episode

Amihama's story felt really nonsensical. If his brother started playing water polo, you'd figure Amihama would want to join the water polo team to have a chance to defeat him, but he doesn't but then changes his mind once his brother shows up?

I'm starting to question what direction this show is trying to head towards. After watching episode 1, I honestly thought this show was going to have more of a serious tone, with focus being on Minato's amnesia. But ever since then, I feel like this show is more of water polo mixed with poorly written gags and jokes. When it comes to minor sports x comedy mix, Shakunetsu Kabaddi did it better.
Jul 31, 2021 5:22 PM
Jul 2018
Amihama joining the team this is already to be expected despite what was at the opening of the show itself.
Jul 31, 2021 7:21 PM

Jul 2017
oh shet so the main title is just a pun

Also, I really hope this series doesn't go the Ahiru no Sora route where the team loses every single match they play. Maybe this first one against the kids ig
Jul 31, 2021 9:34 PM

Nov 2012
Well, we finally understand the title.

I thought they'd be playing women not boys. That match filled me with dread.

Part of me is hoping for that old Hollywood device to cure amnesia, a hit upside the head.
Jul 31, 2021 11:01 PM
Jul 2018
Erotaku_ said:

Amihama's story felt really nonsensical. If his brother started playing water polo, you'd figure Amihama would want to join the water polo team to have a chance to defeat him, but he doesn't but then changes his mind once his brother shows up?

Amihama stated that he didn't join the only other school in the area,the one they're now up against, because their team was shit. No point trying to compete against his Brother when said brother is part of a powerhouse team. But, seeing how his brother showed interest in future matches with this new team, Amihama joined in hope of competing.
Jul 31, 2021 11:13 PM

Oct 2016
This ain't looking good indeed, they're about to get clapped by kids lmao. Pretty good episode. I really thought Amiami's brother was dead, but when he said he just switched to water polo, I had a feeling his brother would be one of Minato's teammates. That's one way to convince the man to join, he really gave up on beating his brother because all the other water polo teams are shit lmao.

They are getting clapped by kids, but I guess it's not really unrealistic because I assume the kids has more experience while our team pretty much has 0 experience even if they're physically superior.
Aug 1, 2021 3:04 AM
Apr 2018
Erotaku_ said:

I'm starting to question what direction this show is trying to head towards. After watching episode 1, I honestly thought this show was going to have more of a serious tone, with focus being on Minato's amnesia. But ever since then, I feel like this show is more of water polo mixed with poorly written gags and jokes. When it comes to minor sports x comedy mix, Shakunetsu Kabaddi did it better.

Just say you didn’t properly watch the episode and don’t leave silly comments under here. Amihama stated that he didn’t join that other middle school team since they were far too weak to compete against his brother. He thought it’d be the same with this team as well but when he saw his brother being excited to see Minato play again he changed his mind as he saw this as an opportunity to beat his brother.
Aug 1, 2021 9:22 AM

Aug 2020
Okay, I didn't like how the last dude joined the team like that but the realistic fact that most of the members of the team that never wins didn't show up made up for that. Also them fighting a junior high is way more realistic. I really like this fact as well.

Good episode, it's clear to me that they're going to learn a lot from this game, good luck to them

Aug 1, 2021 9:23 AM

Jun 2020
What. So Amiami’s brother is Yuuma’s character. Stepbrothers....? Should have guessed, they have the same great looks & such sexy hair. Also wtf they made it so dramatic I thought he died......lol

I really love the character designs, their hair all looks so great. And Chinu is seriously such a babe she’s gorgeous.

Their bonding moment in the bath was so cute. And all of them chewing Babayaro‘s chocolates while going thru the game plan lol!!!!! CUTE

Finally some action in the water. And so quickly, they are taking part in a practice match. Didn’t expect the match to be like this, but then again, I don’t think they would beat the junior team either. If only this were 2 cour would have loved a more in-depth, good old training arc.

OP & ED are soooo good I can’t get enough of them every week♡

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Aug 1, 2021 1:06 PM

Jul 2019
Its a fairly good episode. The art was more consistent than last time and, even though there was quite a fair amount of CG, it was decently made and it was to be expected to happen eventually.
Happy to finally see a match, and its against some kids lol and fact that they might lose to the them is pretty funny, but i doubt it will happen ahahah.
Aug 1, 2021 4:03 PM
Jul 2014
For those wondering the reason they laughed at the 3 guy's names is because they are also the names of 3 neighbouring prefectures, that's the joke
Aug 1, 2021 5:50 PM
Mar 2021
The animation is still average, but the story is so good. I am loving the group of characters. The voice acting, though a little over the top at times, is really good. Especially the guy voicing the captain.
Aug 1, 2021 5:50 PM
Mar 2021
The animation is still average, but the story is so good. I am loving the group of characters. The voice acting, though a little over the top at times, is really good. Especially the guy voicing the captain.
Aug 1, 2021 7:29 PM

Jul 2016
Amihama should be more careful with his words because I seriously thought his brother was dead lol.

Well, it seems this show is slowly finding its path after a somewhat so-so start.
Decent episode overall. The part with the boys having some bonding time in the bath was particularly sweet. As sweet as Baba's entire existence ♥
Aug 1, 2021 11:08 PM
Jul 2018
they lose ONE point to children and they think it's over 💀
Aug 2, 2021 12:15 AM

Oct 2008
that is so humiliating! only on the part where the juniors win the first point but it is gonna be much more humiliation if the Junior team won the whole game...hahaha
4/5.

Aug 2, 2021 7:00 AM
Apr 2015
cobainmybrains said:

Animation was good in this episodes
But not as another mappa shows
Aug 2, 2021 7:09 AM
Mar 2021
TGAvi said:
cobainmybrains said:

Animation was good in this episodes
But not as another mappa shows

Yes I am in agreement. Hella better than the first two episodes. I guess they were saving budget for the important parts. Thats fine. I like a good redemption story.
Aug 2, 2021 2:12 PM
Sep 2018
This anime is not very insane but I don't know why I really like this anime I'm really so fucking hype
Aug 2, 2021 7:09 PM

Jul 2020
Oh man, it will definitely be interesting to see the outcome of this match between Yamanami and Mizushima
Aug 3, 2021 5:31 AM
Sep 2019
Holy shit kawakubo is so hot
Aug 4, 2021 6:48 AM

Dec 2020
losing to pre schoolers when you're in high school ...... mc still has an excuse i guess since he's mentally a 6th grader but come on guys😭😭
Aug 5, 2021 5:57 PM
Apr 2021
I kinda wish they hadn't spent the first three episodes getting the team together and with basically no water polo, but it's definitely getting more interesting
Aug 8, 2021 3:28 AM

Nov 2012
Hilarious! When the mc didnt get the ball everyone, and I mean EVERYONE was like

My Candies:

Aug 9, 2021 9:26 AM

Dec 2016
That black haired guy being Amiami's brother was actually quite predictable. When those three from Shogakukan showed up, I was like “I'm sure that guy will turn out to be Amiami's brother”

The children had 1 goal. Jojima shouldn't have moved so forward away from the goal post. Since one hand has to stay in the water, he can't use both hands to block so moving away from the post gave him a disadvantage. I can understand how it feels like when you miss to block a shot from a kid. But since Jojima never played a match with other team before so those kids are actually quite experienced compared to Jojima.

Rickydory123Aug 9, 2021 9:32 AM
Aug 17, 2021 4:16 PM

Mar 2018
i find it better/funnier that they're playing the kids lmao

some of their faces at the beginning of the match were hilarious

also amiami
Oct 3, 2021 2:01 PM

Jul 2015
Perhaps trashtalking the team wasn't a good move seeing how they lost a point to the team full of grade schoolers.

Not sure how accurate this is to actual water polo but nice to see some basics explained here.

Nov 11, 2021 5:07 PM

Oct 2019
Such a small world ha? Amihama's brother was the team mate of Minato! "Ha?!" indeed. The way his brother talked about Minato was the catalyst that made Amihama to join the team, since he now has a second chance to compete with this brother. It makes you wonder how on Earth Amihama did not know Minato when he was both famous and the team leader of his older brother's water polo team.

Then again Amihama never explicitly said that he did not know Minato, did he? He just said that they were in the same class when they first spoke ;)

How are you going to fare against those little boys guys? I suspect they are going to wipe the pool with you :)

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re-Main Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Oct 2, 2021

69 by IDontKnowAnyM0r3 »»
Apr 10, 1:38 PM

Poll: » Re-Main Episode 11 Discussion

KANLen09 - Sep 25, 2021

37 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 12, 2023 7:38 AM

Poll: » Re-Main Episode 9 Discussion

KANLen09 - Sep 11, 2021

49 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 12, 2023 7:02 AM

Poll: » Re-Main Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Sep 4, 2021

106 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 12, 2023 6:41 AM

Poll: » Re-Main Episode 5 Discussion

KANLen09 - Aug 7, 2021

34 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 12, 2023 5:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.