Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Magia Record: Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica Gaiden (TV) 2nd Season - Kakusei Zenya Episode 1 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jan 19, 2022 1:57 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
salarx said:
Playcool said:

For 2-3 episodes right?
Yes they do fill each volume of a lot of extras and art in most cases, YES VA in japan overall is very high quality overall, YES licenses are not cheap, but STILL, these BDs are too expensive,I feel if japan changed their approach more people would buy them.

Also considering that for Bluray discs you need a Bluray Player (which most don't own in this era of streaming, maybe some have a Gaming Console with Disc support but that's it). They can make digitally downloadable bluray, which can be DRMed just like games (and which can be bypassed as easily as Disc DRM). If they really want that 'art' premium on anime, they can explore the NFT business.

PS3 and PS5 here, the later can do ultra HD BDs, not that I care much, besides most Japanese gaming market is mobile...
Jan 25, 2022 8:14 AM
Dec 2018

Heads up, final volume is out.
Jan 30, 2022 5:27 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
salarx said:

Heads up, final volume is out.

Gotcha. Just found something good myself.
Apr 9, 2022 7:20 PM
Jun 2016
Ok, so I've decided to skip the recaps and go directly at watching the 2nd season. Maybe not the way I should have done, but oh well. Seems like they're adding more context as opposed to just going with where they've left last season.

I wonder if Mami shared her power with them. I mean, why else do we see her ribbon along with her theme playing at the end of the episode. Unless if her theme is supposed to be the magical quintet's theme. It's been a hot minute since I've watched Madoka Magica, but I think Mami's theme was exclusively Mami's theme. So I'm guessing Homura and Sayaka somewhat had access to Mami's poweers.
Jun 16, 2022 4:01 AM
Jul 2018
This episode reminds me how charming the original Madoka Magica is compared to the first season of the spinoff. Seems Kyouko's VA kinda washed up at voicing Kyouko though, it just doesn't feel like her.
Mar 16, 2023 1:51 AM
Feb 2023
Holy shit. What a fucking pilot.
Aug 30, 2023 10:37 AM

Sep 2018
This is the Madoka Magica equivalent of when The Book of Boba Fett gave up being about Boba Fett for a bit and just made two Mandalorian episodes which were by far the best eps of that show
Sep 14, 2023 9:37 PM
Sep 2023
Stoked to see main cast again.
Feb 13, 8:39 AM
Apr 2017
Way better first episode than in s1 in my opinion. Was so glad to see our OGs there, animation / action scenes were sooo good and the original music too?? Man, it hit the feels yo.
Apr 25, 3:17 AM

Apr 2015
Damn wasn't expecting such a good start to this season. The original cast just has its own charm and presence. I have a feeling we won't be seeing much of them again lol.
BiisooApr 25, 4:19 AM
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Magia Record: Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica Gaiden (TV) 2nd Season - Kakusei Zenya Episode 8 Discussion

tsubasalover - Sep 25, 2021

48 by Biisoo »»
Apr 28, 3:16 AM

Poll: » Magia Record: Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica Gaiden (TV) 2nd Season - Kakusei Zenya Episode 7 Discussion

tsubasalover - Sep 11, 2021

38 by Biisoo »»
Apr 28, 2:34 AM

Poll: » Magia Record: Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica Gaiden (TV) 2nd Season - Kakusei Zenya Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Sep 4, 2021

61 by Hagacchi »»
Feb 16, 12:23 AM

Poll: » Magia Record: Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica Gaiden (TV) 2nd Season - Kakusei Zenya Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Aug 28, 2021

52 by Hagacchi »»
Feb 15, 2:57 PM

Poll: » Magia Record: Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica Gaiden (TV) 2nd Season - Kakusei Zenya Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Aug 21, 2021

66 by Hagacchi »»
Feb 15, 1:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.