Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 18, 2021 11:00 PM

May 2020
ssjokg said:

Didnt Takano already execute her plans tho?

And if she is truly under HS as the game implies, then 1, 2 or 10 people surpassing/being cured of HS wont change anything for her.

Hulio said:

As Ssjokg mentioned, at that point the operation was already underway.
Also, even if Irie actually found a cure, I doubt that would have changed anything.
If it was cured, it would be cured in the utmost secrecy, and at this point Takano was all about deitifying the research. And the only way for that was to make a disaster big enough that it couldn't be silenced.

Yeah that makes sense. Even if Irie had found something out it wouldn't have made much of a difference. Either way it never mentions whether Rena's lapse into Sanity was temporary or permanent, so she could be just getting shots like Satoko.

Since the virus needs fear and paranoia to reach L5 naturally, maybe Rena's suddenly loosing them caused her HS. Guess the only person who can clarify that is Ryuukishi himself
Jul 18, 2021 11:05 PM

Aug 2009
Chargecoulomb said:
ssjokg said:

Didnt Takano already execute her plans tho?

And if she is truly under HS as the game implies, then 1, 2 or 10 people surpassing/being cured of HS wont change anything for her.

Hulio said:

As Ssjokg mentioned, at that point the operation was already underway.
Also, even if Irie actually found a cure, I doubt that would have changed anything.
If it was cured, it would be cured in the utmost secrecy, and at this point Takano was all about deitifying the research. And the only way for that was to make a disaster big enough that it couldn't be silenced.

Yeah that makes sense. Even if Irie had found something out it wouldn't have made much of a difference. Either way it never mentions whether Rena's lapse into Sanity was temporary or permanent, so she could be just getting shots like Satoko.

Since the virus needs fear and paranoia to reach L5 naturally, maybe Rena's suddenly loosing them caused her HS. Guess the only person who can clarify that is Ryuukishi himself

VN Rena died anyway in the GHD while anime Rena was sent to a clinic.
Jul 19, 2021 5:54 AM
Jun 2017
Does anybody still come up with a good theory on how Satoko injects Mion with the H-173 vaccine when Satoko right behind her as she's getting a can from the vending machine?
Jul 19, 2021 6:43 AM

Aug 2009
Dogstideta said:
Does anybody still come up with a good theory on how Satoko injects Mion with the H-173 vaccine when Satoko right behind her as she's getting a can from the vending machine?
Magic.

The best theory is one that doesnt involve a syringe.

Satoko realized that Mion always picks a certain beverage, then bought it, spiked it and gave it to her herself.

Now whether that would work, i dont know, I am not a doctor.

But there is no point in showing the syringe AND we didnt see multiple loops of that event to reinforce the theory that Satoko did something more than inject her directly.

The show basically tells you to imagine it on your own.
Jul 19, 2021 8:32 AM

Oct 2014
Dogstideta said:
Well the writers does... or not.
Intelligent gets through situations which wise avoids.
Jul 19, 2021 9:59 AM
Oct 2019
It's this the timeline where Teppei got redemption...
It's good to see him talking nice like this.

Satoko practicing how to use gun and purchasing gun too???
Just because she thought using Knife will not fun anymore.

Mion L5 here we go next.
I think Shion might be appear in this one as well.
Jul 19, 2021 2:06 PM

Oct 2014
davidyodo24 said:
Tbh, I don't even think Teppei is acting "nice", he's being quite pathetic.

Atleast in his redemption arc his personality made more sense.
Intelligent gets through situations which wise avoids.
Jul 19, 2021 6:44 PM
Oct 2019
Hulio said:
davidyodo24 said:
Tbh, I don't even think Teppei is acting "nice", he's being quite pathetic.

Atleast in his redemption arc his personality made more sense.

ahh thanks for clarifying it.
Jul 19, 2021 9:26 PM
May 2021
Dogstideta said:

It's not really about how she did it, it's more about the why she did it and what it implies. Which is why the show doesn't care to fully explain. It doesn't matter how.

It's all just another step in proving just how far Satoko will go to being an irredeemable POS and just how lost she is. She's supposed to be more determined to being a greater POS than Takano, that's all every arc is about. It's only hinted "maybe" at her own special little shitty arc Tatari she may finally realize how chaotic evil she is and come around to changing her evil ways... as if it'd matter. It won't because irredeemable means IRREDEEMABLE. Not like Rika could ever trust Goutoko ever again and not like us the audience should just forgive her.

They'll kill her, cop-out something something most likely a dream, Satoko and Rika become witch lesbian couple with a love that transcends beyond our mortal understanding because the author said so. Didn't you know? Higurashi was a witch erotica all along, "mysteries" are inconsequential to the true goal here. You're all focusing on the smaller details!
Jul 19, 2021 10:44 PM

May 2020
ssjokg said:

This! This is the problem.
Once you realise its Satoko and that she has a instant L5 drug. It should be easy for anyone to put together what happened in the damashi arcs.

They should have done this for all the answer arcs.

They go to the trouble of spelling out the simple solution in painful detail and time. Including repeating content, and dont bother to show us Satoko injecting Mion.

Did Ryuukishi forget about all that 'think about it yourself' and "dont stop thinking" from Umineko.

Part of me belives that a Mei anime adaptation would have added more stuff to Higu and WTC. I havent gont through Mei myself, but from what I heard its decent fan service, not in the same fever dream vein as Kira, but fun nonthless.

Kira has some of the best Animation Ive seen though. They adapted Deens character very well. I wish we had something like Kira for Umineko. Now that would be fun.
ChargecoulombJul 19, 2021 10:58 PM
Jul 20, 2021 12:13 AM

Aug 2009
Chargecoulomb said:
ssjokg said:

This! This is the problem.
Once you realise its Satoko and that she has a instant L5 drug. It should be easy for anyone to put together what happened in the damashi arcs.

They should have done this for all the answer arcs.

They go to the trouble of spelling out the simple solution in painful detail and time. Including repeating content, and dont bother to show us Satoko injecting Mion.

Did Ryuukishi forget about all that 'think about it yourself' and "dont stop thinking" from Umineko.

Part of me belives that a Mei anime adaptation would have added more stuff to Higu and WTC. I havent gont through Mei myself, but from what I heard its decent fan service, not in the same fever dream vein as Kira, but fun nonthless.

Kira has some of the best Animation Ive seen though. They adapted Deens character very well. I wish we had something like Kira for Umineko. Now that would be fun.

The meta world and EP8 is pure Kira content.
But with less loli bait.
Jul 22, 2021 4:27 PM

Jan 2021
every thing is just coming together

another great episode
Jul 26, 2021 11:01 AM

Feb 2007
Satoko's reason for going after Mion has made one thing clear, at least. Gou and Sotsu were never truly about Satoko, her character assassination is only the vehicle for showing various what-if scenarios the original couldn't include.
Jul 28, 2021 8:26 PM

Oct 2016
Damn! Satoko uses her uncle to get herself a gun! And train for years!

So the one gunning down the Sonozaki family basement against Shion in Watadamashi is, most probably, Mion, affected by the H-170, from... canned drink?

From my knowledge in medicine, drugs/substances mixed with food/drink have different result compared to when they're administered directly to blood vessel. It all depends on what type of substance, though. I wonder what does the H-170 consist of. Chemical stimulant? Modified pathogen? Activated hormone?

Still, if Satoko plans to use Mion, why would she bother herself with learning how to use a gun?
Jul 28, 2021 8:39 PM
May 2021
flashholter said:

From my knowledge in medicine, drugs/substances mixed with food/drink have different result compared to when they're administered directly to blood vessel. It all depends on what type of substance, though. I wonder what does the H-170 consist of. Chemical stimulant? Modified pathogen? Activated hormone?

It consists of whatever is more convenient to the writers. Don't give too much credit where it ain't due.
Aug 14, 2021 1:17 PM

Jul 2008
I've never seen Mion go crazy fro the curse....I want to see what happens.

Satoko you are a real piece of crap.
Sep 13, 2021 3:15 PM

Mar 2010
Ngl if Satoko raped me I wouldn't even be mad but ofc i wouldn't consent :b

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 27, 2021 9:15 AM

Nov 2010
I want to entertain Eua-chan in my own way. hehe

I wish I also had a cute niece that will take care of me. I swear I will not do any crimes! hehe

Satoko has become such a devious criminal. I really wonder how she can be beaten.
Aug 18, 2022 7:45 AM

Oct 2010
Satoko leaves a used syringe just lying on the street. She really has become a monster. :)
Jan 6, 2023 11:04 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
I understand the firs injection, but this second seems she was wake up!!! kekeke
Jan 26, 2023 3:09 AM

Apr 2013
Okay, so this episode Satoko actually says that Rika has 100 years of experience. So everything before Gou happened before Satoko joined the loop. But why did Reina go berserk back than and how did Satoko know where the cards were? I guess this time looping in Higurashi doesn't make much sense after all, still kinda fun to watch though.
Jan 30, 2023 5:42 AM

May 2020
So the whole carousel has become Satoko's personal playground, right? Altho so far i like it better than the relying on excessive graphical violence of large parts of early/mid GOU. I would prefer more drama instead of violence, personally. Can this series be called horror? Well it has some elements, but i find it overall to be more of drama/crime and even traces of thriller, personally. GOU was the most horror heavy so far, IMO.
っ◔◡◔)っ ♥Average gamer and anime enjoyer♥
Jun 19, 2023 1:56 AM
Oct 2022
Satoko's antics are getting more and more out of hand. I get that she wants the events of the original series to reoccur so she can mentally break Rika, but infecting Mion, who's never succumbed to the parasite, is a good way to set off red flags for Rika. If someone who never was infected suddenly becomes infected, that's good cause for suspicion. It seems her motive at this point is entertainment and pleasure. 

Additionally, there would be no way for her to infect Mion without her noticing. Think about how big that needle is; it would be hard to ignore.

Overall, despite this season's lacklustre mystery aspects, it is still interesting to see Rika and Satoko's from the shadows battle. 
Dec 14, 2023 5:55 PM

Jan 2020
How the heck did Satoko do to inject Mion?
MOKUSHI KUSHIMO SHIMOKU KUMOSHI MOSHIKU SHIKUMO.
Jan 17, 1:44 PM

Oct 2013
i could have swore mion did go crazy one time because she didnt get the doll? idk maybe im on crack
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sotsu Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2021

412 by Drinzen »»
Feb 22, 4:37 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sotsu Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2021

395 by Drinzen »»
Feb 22, 4:12 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sotsu Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2021

215 by Drinzen »»
Feb 22, 4:03 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sotsu Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 12, 2021

159 by Drinzen »»
Feb 22, 3:18 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sotsu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 5, 2021

121 by Drinzen »»
Feb 22, 3:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.