Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 12, 2021 3:45 AM

Jul 2020
please recommend me episodic animes
if it has some continuous episodes that's great too.

i would love fantasy and action, but pls give me everything except yaoi/yuri shounen/shoujo ai

pls describe about it a little

thank you very much

I've watched these, and these are what i mean:
Musaigen no Phantom World
Amagi Brilliant Park
Charlotte
Dagashi Kashi
Death Parade
Himouto! Umaru-chan
Hyouka (actually im not sure, i forget if hyouka is episodic. but problems in hyouka usually don't relate to each other and that's what i want)
Joker Game
Kaguya sama
K-on
Kiznaiver
Konosuba
Non Non Biyori
Sakamoto
Tejina senpai
Uzaki chan
Violet Evergarden
Yuru Camp

oops, too much examples, sorry :P
once again arigatou
ShufanDurinJul 12, 2021 3:48 AM
MIND YOUR MIND
kekw
Jul 12, 2021 4:45 AM

May 2018
Cowboy Bebop (an absolute space western classic)

Nichijou (some great, absurd, and totally random comedy)

Mushishi (contemplative and melancholic spiritual journey)

Natsume Yuujinchou (a much more light Mushishi I'd say, relaxing Slice of Life)

Ghost and The Shell Stand Alone Complex (a cyberpunk masterpiece that features political, military and philosophical themes, packed with action, mystery and police thriller).

Grant me one hour on love's most sacred shores
    To clasp the bosom that my soul adores,
    Lie heart to heart and merge my soul with yours
Jul 12, 2021 7:06 AM

Oct 2014
+1 Mushishi, Cowboy Bebop & Natsume. Probably the others Sachyan mentioned too that I just haven't seen yet.

In no particular order:

Katanagatari -- There're collecting swords and each episode involves a different one and the owner they need to defeat to get it (more or less).
Ijiranaide Nagatoro-san -- Similar format as Takagi-san, just be aware that the first couple of episodes Nagatoro's teasing is almost bullying but by episode 3 or so it gets a lot more wholesome/cute.
Little Busters -- 1 or 2 episode-long mini arcs of the Little Busters team.

Miru Tights -- Soft-core ecchi.
A-Channel -- Cute school girl friends doing whatever at school.
Seitokai Yakuindomo -- Pervy-minded female student council torment their straight-man male recruit with sexual/toilet humor. No ecchi.

Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru -- Guy is obliged to cross-dress and attend an all-girls school. Cute and zany, no ecchi.
Gintama -- 1000's of other members could tell you more as I've barely scratched the surface but it's mostly episodic although apparently there are longer arcs here and there in this massive franchise.
xxxHOLiC -- Different supernatural entities per episode. Art may take some getting used to (noodle people).

Kazemakase Tsukikage Ran -- Expert female samurai and her side-kick right some wrong in the villages they pass through.
Honobono Log -- Short, cute skits of family life.
Ouran Koukou Host Club -- Episodic reverse harem.

Aria the Animation -- Girls training to be undines (Venetian gondoliers) on a terraformed Mars.
Love Hina -- Episodic harem.
Hayate no Gotoku -- Butler protects rich girl from various crazy dangers.
Uta Kata -- There is an overall plot goal but each episode is a different fight with a different entity or whatever. @Fario-P could inform you better :)

Edit: Forgot about the no yuri/shoujo-ai note so I deleted those although you may get vague yuri vibes from Aria and Uta Kata. There's one episode in Miru Tights that is yuri and there may be some additional yuri baiting. In A-Channel there is a running gag of Tooru trying to protect Run from boys.
8oomerJul 13, 2021 5:33 AM
Avatar: Anzu Kadotani from Girls und Panzer.

Jul 12, 2021 7:57 AM

Jan 2015
https://myanimelist.net/anime/16524/Suisei_no_Gargantia
(During the interstellar war against alien creatures, young mecha pilot Ledo is thrown into a wormhole and sent to an unfamiliar place..)

https://myanimelist.net/anime/5682/Phantom__Requiem_for_the_Phantom
(A young man with no memory of his past is attacked by a girl in a mask, she tells him that in order to live he must come at her with all his might. She tells him that he is to be trained as a Phantom - an assassin.)

https://myanimelist.net/anime/134/Gunslinger_Girl
(Henrietta - cybernetically-enhanced and specially-trained, she is one of a group of elite hit-girls, remorseless killers with no memories of their pasts, carry out the dirty work of the Italian Government.)

https://myanimelist.net/anime/1251/Fushigi_no_Umi_no_Nadia
(Jean was just an ordinary would-be inventor, until the mysterious Nadia crashed into his life. With no family, a pet lion and a jewel known as the Blue Water, Nadia is constantly on the run from those who want to steal her most valuable gem.)
Currently reading:
Prince of Fools (The Red Queen's War #1) by Mark Lawrence
The Night Angel Trilogy (Night Angel Omnibus #1-3) by Brent Weeks
The Crystal Shard (The Legend of Drizzt #4) by R.A. Salvatore
Jul 12, 2021 1:21 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
8oomer said:
Uta Kata -- There is an overall plot goal but each episode is a different fight with a different entity or whatever. @Fario-P could inform you better :)

Edit: Forgot about the no yuri/shoujou-ai note so I deleted those although you may get vague yuri vibes from Aria and Uta Kata.
Uta∽Kata is indeed an episodic series that also has an overarching narrative, but there aren't any action/fight scenes in the show. It is very underrated imo, but I do have a feeling OP might not watch it, because while there is some fanservice your edit is also something that happens in the show.

Thanks for the mention though! It's good to see people remembering this show too.

also this is a nice shot, see, this anime looks very nice
Jul 12, 2021 1:52 PM

Oct 2012
Natsume Yuujinchou - fantasy, slice of life

Mushishi - fantasy, slice of life

Samurai Champloo - adventure, action

Aria series - slice of life, sci-fi, fantasy

Haibane Renmei - psychological, fantasy

HeatGuy J - action, sci-fi

Kamichu! - fantasy, slice of life

Tactics - supernatural, action

Jul 12, 2021 2:00 PM
Jan 2021
Lupin the 3rd- A show about a group of thieves who get into random fun adventures. There are many Lupin the 3rd shows and movies but it doesn't matter where you start.
Jul 13, 2021 6:55 PM

Jun 2016
somewhat horror-themed:
Warau Salesman (New)
Jigoku Shoujo
Yami Shibai
Sekai no Yami Zukan

others:
Death Parade (judgement)
Mononoke (ghosts n stuff)
Bartender
Detective Conan
Mushishi
Kuuchuu Buranko (doctor)
Osomatsu-san (comedy)

these shows mostly centre around either a main character or a main theme and each episode mostly covers one short but complete story :)
Jul 14, 2021 12:07 AM
Jul 2019
Episodic Anime:

Trigun
I'll let the description from Trigun's OP on YouTube do the talking for me:
"--Check out this bad ass anime called Trigun. Its about a guy, a western cyberpunk scifi styled, the guy is a gunslinger, he is worth so much money that he isn't worth just dollars, he is worth double dollars. Has a fucked up past, and alot of heavy shit goes down in it. Check it out now, dammit!"
The protagonist spends the series traveling through various towns, meeting new people and learning new thing (about others and about himself) in the process. Perfect setup for episodic storytelling.

Ouran Koukou Host Club
You may have heard of it. It's very lighthearted, a bit romance-ey, but loose ends always get tied up nicely and all questions answered by the end of each episode. highly suggested.

Hinamatsuri
Wholesome AF. It's about beings with supernatural powers (but who look like humans) struggling to fit in with human society. Super cute and funny and a wide cast of likeable characters.

Cowboy Bebop
A classic. I don't really understand the anime myself. But each of the 26 episodes is relatively self-contained, and can be wildly different... I'd say the only thing to remind me it's not 26 different shows is the consistent main cast. Very episodic.

Paranoia Agent
An anime where each episode follows a new troubled person and the story of their life... as the anime progresses, peoples' fates get intertwined until a final ending climax. It's cool.

FLCL
6 episodes of straight weirdness (in the good way of course).

Darker than Black: Kuro no Keiyakusha
Protagonist Hei, who is superpowered badass man by night and normal college student by day, goes on missions to different places, often in disguises that vary by episode. It's a more serious/somber anime if you care about that sort of thing.

Honorable Mentions (might as well call them 22-minute shorts compilations):
Pop Team Epic
Plastic Neesan
Nichijou
Daily Life of High School Boys
Saiki Kusuo no Psi Nan
Usavich I, II, III, VI, V, VI
Inazuma Delivery

Jul 14, 2021 12:08 AM

Jul 2020
Cowboy bebop
Takagi-san
Lucky star

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Jul 14, 2021 3:08 AM

Sep 2020
Jojo part 3-4(don't skip it if you dare you will trapped with dia🅱olo death loop)
Monogatari series
Aria series
The Tatami galaxy
Jul 14, 2021 3:38 AM
Jul 2018
Cowboy Bebop (I recommend the movie), Trigun (The movie is optional) and Samurai Champloo
Jul 14, 2021 3:40 AM
Jan 2009
Gintama is perfect if you like Episodic Animes

More topics from this board

» Drama/sentimental anime

xSamdavidx - 1 hour ago

6 by nishant0 »»
9 minutes ago

» Best horror anime?

Matteye - Apr 27

22 by mayoiko »»
18 minutes ago

» Romances As Amazing As Bloom Into You?

Enderobot - Yesterday

3 by Faisal-Abdulhadi »»
54 minutes ago

» Girls with guns and knives

LoveYourEyes - Apr 22

15 by JoeChip »»
3 hours ago

» Help Finding a Romance Manga About Two Ordinary People?

slebeepy - 4 hours ago

0 by slebeepy »»
4 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.