Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 17, 2021 8:25 AM

Jul 2020
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
I guess this is it? Is it finally over? Is JoJolion finally going to end? Is the calamity finally done?

To be honest it feels surreal to see the endgame of Part 8, I just started reading the manga right where the Endless Calamity arc has begun. I hope Araki will do JoJo Part 9

But there's still unanswered questions, there's no way Part 8 is going to end just like that. Guess we'll see what's in for us in the next chapter.

CreoinJun 17, 2021 9:47 AM

Everything's in place, and they've taken the bait... Yes. Now to start reeling them in...
Jun 17, 2021 8:36 AM

Oct 2014
RUSH RUSH RUSH
Well if this is ending next chapter, there's plenty of shit that will be left underexplained.
Jun 17, 2021 8:37 AM
Jun 2020
Lot of stuff wrapped up in this chapter, did not expect Kaato to pull what she did at the end on tsurugi. Curious about if/how some previous stuff will be explained later though like with holly, the wall eyes. Nearing the end, excited to see whats next.
Jun 17, 2021 8:58 AM

Aug 2017
something just feels off about everything, I think something may happen next chapter and we MAY get some kind of "High Voltage" but it's hard to say where things can go
Jun 17, 2021 9:35 AM
May 2017
the part isn't over yet. It's hilarious how y'all asume every unresolved plotpoint just got dropped or something, given the track record, even more so. Remember "araki forgot about Kaato and Kei"? I do, you short-span memory neanderthals.
Jun 17, 2021 11:23 AM

Feb 2018
With Locacaca gone Josuke has to find some other way to save Holly, so I guess we still have a few chapters left. Like, it's his main motivation and I refuse to believe that Jojolion ends with this plot unresolved.
Jun 17, 2021 11:28 AM

Sep 2020
Shit, I love Jojolion but this chapter kinda sucked. It felt like it was going and going, it was cool as hell and I loved it but it felt rushed and directionless. I really hope this isn't the end, if it is that sucks.

I was excited when the head doctor came back, that was cool as fuck but he died pretty quick. If this is the final battle it is a little lackluster which sucks because it was insanely cool until now.

I just hope that this isn't the final battle, can't wait for the next chapter.

Jun 17, 2021 12:05 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The calamity is gone now, it really feels like it's gonna end soon
Jun 17, 2021 12:16 PM

Jul 2016
I'd give this chapter around a 3.5 if this was just the end of the arc. I'd give it a 1 if this is the end of the Part as a whole. I'll have to see if Araki (hopefully) has a twist for us in the next chapter. Otherwise, this is one of the worst parts, and it should have ended at Vitamin C.
Jun 17, 2021 3:30 PM

Jan 2020
I guess that's the climax most likely, and of course Jousuke comes back to pick up his girl.
Jun 17, 2021 5:34 PM
Aug 2020
rip kaato 😭😭😭💔💔 tooru... 😒🙄
Jun 17, 2021 5:45 PM
Nov 2019
Theres no way this is the penultimate chapter there is still more to do.
Obam__Jun 18, 2021 9:57 AM
Jun 18, 2021 2:08 AM

Jun 2013
If this is the ending... uhhhh
Jun 18, 2021 5:45 AM
Dec 2020
I think this part going to ent in shapter 110 or 111 , probably...
Jun 18, 2021 6:10 AM

Mar 2012
I'm guessing we'll only get one or two more chapters unless there's another fight. I can't really think of anyone that might be the antagonist, though. All of the rock humans are dead, Kaato is at least out of commission, Jobin is dead, Wonder of U is dead. There's only really Tsurugi or Mitsuba but with Tsurugi being cured now I can't see either of them posing a threat.
JJL > GW > SBR > SDC > SO > DiU > BT > PB
Jun 18, 2021 9:31 AM
May 2020
What about the blond man in Gappy's flashback in chapter 5?
What about that woman that was with Josefumi and Kira?
What about the flash forward and the harvest?
What about the bitemarks?
How did Gappy get there so quickly?

Theory:
Gappy isn't actually there. He is a projection of Yasuho's imagination just as Wonder of U was and the wasp was for Tooru. Maybe this is the evolution of Tsurugi's stand after the equivalent exchange, like it was hinted in the flash forward, and now it can make the thing or person you care about the most in that instance seem to appear. This makes sense also as Gappy isn't acknowledged by anybody else there.
This is one way to get the flash forward to happen - if you make everyone delusional that things are still normal. It's also how you can have the story continue on as this only appears like an ending because it's Yasuho's mind and she just wants it to all end.
Jun 18, 2021 11:04 AM

Sep 2018
Dont really care if its the end or not, I was really underwhelmed buy the entire calamity arc and this chapter in particular.
Jun 18, 2021 1:35 PM
May 2017
JizzyBizzy said:

Theory:
Gappy isn't actually there. He is a projection of Yasuho's imagination just as Wonder of U was and the wasp was for Tooru. Maybe this is the evolution of Tsurugi's stand after the equivalent exchange, like it was hinted in the flash forward, and now it can make the thing or person you care about the most in that instance seem to appear. This makes sense also as Gappy isn't acknowledged by anybody else there.
This is one way to get the flash forward to happen - if you make everyone delusional that things are still normal. It's also how you can have the story continue on as this only appears like an ending because it's Yasuho's mind and she just wants it to all end.

woah, that makes kinda sense, actually. Not because Gappy showing up didn't make sense, but the wasp and Tooru make it more plausible. Nice one.
Jun 18, 2021 8:25 PM

Apr 2020
This family sure did sacrifice a lot.
Those last double-page panels were so damn good and in the end Yasuho hugging him like that lol.
I just heard "Soft and Wet" play in my head while reading that.

We might be getting into the final arc now. or maybe even the final few chapters!
--AbiSa--
Jun 19, 2021 2:54 AM
Mar 2015
JizzyBizzy said:

The man from chapter 5 was most likely an early design of Tamaki.
Jun 19, 2021 3:31 AM
May 2020
crocodileman94 said:
JizzyBizzy said:

The man from chapter 5 was most likely an early design of Tamaki.

There has never been a precedent such a dramatic character design change in JoJo.
Anasui looked like a woman even as a man and Valentine could have been an alternate world version of himself or just lost weight. Flashback man is definitely someone we haven't been introduced to yet in my opinion.
Jun 20, 2021 3:40 AM
May 2012
If this is the end (which I doubt) .... that would really suck. But there's just so many things that needs closing up. The primary being Holly which you know, the reason why jouske was risking his life for the locaca branch the entire series. How did Jouske get there so fast ? I mean the only thing I can think of was that he was in the ambulance when it showed up but iirc he was in a pretty messed up state the last time we saw him and he doesn't really look like there's a scratch on him in the last panel.

The chapter did kind of feel rushed, almost feels like he lost interest in the arc at the end lulz.
Jun 20, 2021 3:14 PM
Sep 2018
JizzyBizzy said:

Theory:

You actually have a good point, josuke kinda just showed up out of nowhere, and the doctor only appeared in the panel that focused on Yasuho
Jul 4, 2021 12:01 PM

May 2020
Not gonna lie, if this is REALLY how it ends it’s kinda anti-climactic for Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure that is.

I really was hoping there would be more of Josuke using his rotating bubbles and there would be some sort of connection to Johnny Joestar.

Also I was hoping that there would be a physical presence of Killer Queen in Joesuke like he’s got two stands at once would be badass
Jul 4, 2021 12:04 PM

May 2020
JizzyBizzy said:

Theory:

Makes a lot of sense! Unless Araki actually wants to finish off this series so he can retire I don’t see this as a Jojo-style grand finale.

Gappy really did just show up out of nowhere and swatted Wonder of U like it was a fly…
Jul 6, 2021 12:24 PM

Jan 2019
I feel like the way Araki handled the whole arc was kinda off tbh. This arc should've came up later and with a better participation from Jousuke.

Now we either finish this in a rushed way or add a new antagonist out of nowhere.
Jul 17, 2021 3:28 PM

Oct 2013
Kaato died, but managed to defeat Tooru who fought to the bitter, and even his Stand's power manifested shortly after he turned into dust. "Wonder of U" was a terrifying Stand. To think that one could be able to control the Calamity understood as a force of the nature.

The fight was intense, though the last part of it (after Kaato joined the battlefield) happened really fast. Too fast, if you ask me, hehe. At least it was executed well, same as Josuke's entrance and Yasuho's monologue from the last panels. I guess JoJolion is going to end soon, since the calamity is gone, same as the threat coming from Rokakaka fruit and Rock Humans.

This chapter was... specific, I must say. It was good. Definitely it was not bad or mediocre, but it was not very good. A solid chapter concluding the tale of Tooru and Higashikata family's curse.
Jul 30, 2021 3:55 PM

Mar 2018
what a conclusion to a final jojo battle really enjoyed kaato was such a badass and she hit him with a shhhhh lmaoooo
xFLUXEYJul 30, 2021 4:31 PM
Aug 22, 2021 10:08 PM

Aug 2012
I haven't really cared about this final climactic arc all too much, to be honest it's probably my least favourite climactic battle in all of JoJo. I wonder how much of that is because of how last minute Tooru was to the series, pretty much being introduced right as they needed to defeat him. Doesn't help that Jobin was a much more compelling antagonist, and how easily he's dealt with is such a let down. He didn't need to be the main villain but I wish he got more in defeat.

I also don't like how a lot of Tooru's attacks were just using other Rock creatures, I guess it was necessary but doesn't feel all that tightly constructed when a large portion of Jo2uke's side was dealing with two creatures that weren't established prior.

There are some great moments in it I think, I loved Rai annoying that prisoner, Joshu being a POS was sort of amusing, and if nothing else, Wonder of U is the most dapper stand of all-time. And also, JoJolion has been pretty lax on consequence and death (for the good guys, oh boy do most of the villains straight up die here), I guess it does make the climactic bit more powerful to have all these death spread out here.

There were several good touches near the end too, namely in how Tooru was defeated. I like that the major blows came from a combination of Jo2uke and Yasuho, that it was the combination of their Stands that turn the tides. I do think their relationship had a tendency to feel a bit too out of focus for how important it's suppose to be, but it was a nice touch.

And I loved how Kaato ended up being the one to defeat Tooru and how they tied back into Tsurugi and the curse. It was great, and Tooru's death of seeing a memory of the wasp (though whole background sequence was bizarre and great too), was a perfectly fitting end for him, especially with his dialogue of them just leaving memories behind.

Outright hated what came after. Most pointless last minute Stand conflict with Wonder U, just for the sole purpose of giving Jo2uke the final blow. Felt completely unnecessary.

Though I am interested in what the next two chapters entail.
Aug 24, 2021 5:05 PM

Oct 2012
Don't know why so many people found this battle to be anticlimatic, I really liked how it all turned out. I'm pretty surprised that Caato was the one dealing the final blow to Tooru, but it made sense it was a nice way to do it.

And I guess Josuke did deal a final blow in the end as well. We still got two chapters to go, so I'm curious to see what happens next.

The fight itself was wild af though, so I don't feel let down personally. Might have helped that I read it all in one go, though.
Sep 9, 2021 3:49 AM

Mar 2021
Yet another anti-climactic defeat of a JoJo main villain. Not that I didn't expect that but eh. WoU straight up not doing anything really bugs me.

Oct 3, 2021 3:50 AM

Aug 2017
Now I'm thinking, who was Jobin going to do an equivalent exchange with to heal Tsurugi's illness? One of his stag beetles? xD

In any case, I like the "anti-climactic" ending. Tooru was kind of an "anti-climactic" antagonist as well - safety first, all that. Very cautious. Kaato and Kei died (?) in similar ways.
Feb 2, 2022 3:56 PM

Nov 2020
I liked this chapter it was nice. 2 more chaptersss. This part is probably one of the best!
Sorry for my english xD!

RIP Kentaro Miura :(
RIP Akira Toriyama :(

Jul 1, 2022 12:45 PM

Sep 2020
rip kaato , tsurugi is still the hope for the higashikatas

the head doctor is also finished by gappy finally
Jan 20, 3:20 PM
Apr 2020
Perfection. That Go Beyond panel was sooooooooooooo satisfying. What an awesome chapter

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 8: JoJolion Chapter 68 Discussion

Nidhoeggr - Aug 18, 2017

8 by DanilegoPlays »»
Apr 28, 8:19 PM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 8: JoJolion Chapter 66 Discussion

Nidhoeggr - Jun 18, 2017

19 by DanilegoPlays »»
Apr 28, 8:16 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 8: Jojolion Chapter 5 Discussion

notsureifsrs - Oct 31, 2011

14 by Jfile904 »»
Apr 12, 1:26 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 8: Jojolion Chapter 4 Discussion

Rade-chan - Sep 30, 2011

12 by Jfile904 »»
Apr 12, 1:20 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 8: Jojolion Chapter 3 Discussion

notsureifsrs - Jul 19, 2011

28 by Jfile904 »»
Apr 12, 1:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.