Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 27, 2010 12:32 AM

Dec 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
---------------------------------------

BEST EPISODE SO FAR? YESSS

Basically (summarized) from the FMA site-
Roy and his team send signals for the Briggs team to arrive in Central but they get attacked by the military and etc..

Can't wait for it to get subbed.
EDIT: Tomodachi subs are out, waiting for Eclipse
EDIT: Eclipse subs are out.

Cant wait for Olivier vs. Sloth
and
NEW OP/ED!!!

Olivier Action <3

Mod Edit: Fixed poll.
KinetaJun 7, 2022 9:11 AM

Mar 27, 2010 2:46 AM
Mar 2010
i agree with u
Mar 27, 2010 5:00 AM

Oct 2008
some fma b hater has already given the episode a 3/5...this is just pathetic.....

Please don't give ratings before watchin the episode guys . . And surely not before it has aired . . Spoils the fun :) please cooperate .
lafuria_suxMar 28, 2010 1:07 AM
Mar 27, 2010 2:11 PM

Nov 2008
cnaw said:
Of course it hasn't aired yet . . Some hater just came from nowhere and gave the episode a 3 on 5 . . Now come on . .

Please don't give ratings before watchin the episode guys . . And surely not before it has aired . . Spoils the fun :) please cooperate .

lol if you can see it doesnt that mean you've already rated it? plus i know i'll love it xD
Mar 27, 2010 3:04 PM

Oct 2008
suigetsu00 said:
cnaw said:
Of course it hasn't aired yet . . Some hater just came from nowhere and gave the episode a 3 on 5 . . Now come on . .

lol if you can see it doesnt that mean you've already rated it? plus i know i'll love it xD

sorry , i didn't get you . . . Mind explaining . . . I hope you're not attackin me though . Lol . . And this part is one of my favourite parts from the manga :)
Mar 27, 2010 5:56 PM

Feb 2009
Who's the idiot who already voted this episode a 1?

As far as I'm concerned, the vote count should already be reset.

Mar 27, 2010 8:13 PM

Sep 2008
This is why you don't go around making threads of episodes that you haven't even seen/aren't even out yet. The only thing you are discussing is "h0mgz i cnt wait fr it, itz gonna be so epics11!!"
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 27, 2010 8:25 PM

Apr 2009
...why are people voting on this at all, good opinions or bad? I think this is why threads shouldn't be made early. People vote based on the manga or just because they think it's going to be good/bad.

But meh, enough from me. Hoping it's going to be as good as past episodes.
Mar 27, 2010 10:13 PM

Aug 2008
Episode discussions are discussions about what happened in the episode.
Mar 28, 2010 1:10 AM

Oct 2008
^^^^ to those who have posted above me.......
that is wat ive been tryin to say in my previous posts......

and i see deviantkaos has deleted all his posts too.......

and could sumone plz reset the vote system for this thread....its infested with haters......:(
Mar 28, 2010 1:44 AM

Jul 2008
► Maria ♥
► HAVOC!!!!!!!!! :DDDDDD
► Olivier = Still Awesome
► Why hello there Pride.
► Ed's distractions are the best.
► Some of Hoho's humor finally showed itself this episode. Also, he ships Ling/Lan Fan.
► The creepy zombie have ~awakened~ with quite a horrible screeching sound.

Best ending eyecatch ever.

BEGINNER
Mar 28, 2010 2:21 AM

Sep 2006
Eh... No comment on the new opening? :( Thought that someone mentioned there was another one coming... they always had one every 10+ episodes or so...

EDIT: Should have checked wiki first, lol it's next episode. Gah 1 more week!
Mar 28, 2010 3:13 AM
Jul 2018
So many awesome moments, yet there's still more to come (preview) =D

Next week is April/spring with new OP/ED. I think the current ones are the best so far :>
But I'm also curious what Shoko-tan will bring for the ED, I hope not something like the Nappa song xD
removed-userMar 28, 2010 4:16 AM
Mar 28, 2010 3:30 AM

Oct 2008
These episodes are just the demo for the big one . . . For which i can't wait . . .
Mar 28, 2010 7:56 AM

Nov 2008
cnaw said:
suigetsu00 said:
cnaw said:

sorry , i didn't get you . . . Mind explaining . . . I hope you're not attackin me though . Lol . . And this part is one of my favourite parts from the manga :)

i mean if you can see the votes....doesnt that mean you voted? xD

and yes this is the mangas best part :D
Mar 28, 2010 7:59 AM

Feb 2009
suigetsu00 said:

You can always select "view results" without voting.

Mar 28, 2010 9:38 AM

Oct 2008
ArnoldK said:
suigetsu00 said:

:) :) :) thanks for that :) :) arnoldk
Mar 28, 2010 10:44 AM

Nov 2008
cnaw said:
ArnoldK said:
suigetsu00 said:

:) :) :) thanks for that :) :) arnoldk

lol never knew that xD

edit: someone already gave this a 1?!?!
Mar 28, 2010 12:38 PM

Oct 2008
^^^ That is what i'm tryin to say . . . That to before the episode aired . . . That vote was made last night (indian time)
Mar 28, 2010 1:50 PM

Apr 2009
god, that was.... so awesome...
Mar 28, 2010 1:53 PM
Apr 2008
Ahhhhhhh Pride using morse code awwwwesome. Al has no idea.
Mar 28, 2010 2:38 PM

Nov 2008
Laorik said:

um.....might wanna spoiler tag that ><
Mar 28, 2010 2:47 PM
Mar 28, 2010 2:55 PM

Aug 2007
Malestel said:
http://manga.bleachexile.com/fullmetal-alchemist-chapter-90-page-8.html
Armstrong action in the manga.

Yeah, it was more "hardcore" and bloody. Oliver Armstrong knows how to deal with shitheads. :P

3 words to describe this episode:
awesome, awesome, awesome.
Mar 28, 2010 3:00 PM

Feb 2010
Wonderful movement, I believe this Immortal army will cause some trouble however.
Mar 28, 2010 3:12 PM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
Havoc and Olivier are so awesome. Next episode Sloth finally fights.

Mar 28, 2010 3:17 PM

Jun 2009
Words can't describe how badass this was.
Mar 28, 2010 3:25 PM

May 2009
Olivier was epic - both with her words and sword.

Great to see some familiar faces.

Al should've known better.
Mar 28, 2010 3:33 PM

Nov 2009
This is epiccc! Mustang and his crew are so badass, and Olivier is just awesome, fully hardcore XD
gah I cant wait for more!
Mar 28, 2010 3:38 PM

Jul 2008
so now everyone is getting into the action; ed using scar as a distraction, lol
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Mar 28, 2010 4:10 PM

Feb 2009
It would have been nice to leave the Havoc "reveal" as the end-of-episode cliffhanger, but it works well as the first half break, leaving the activation of the homunculus army for the end.

Great episode, but as expected since it's pretty much note-for-note the manga. The Maria Ross and Havoc reveals were always among my favorite moments, and they work great here too.

Mar 28, 2010 4:11 PM

Apr 2008
Isn't she called Olivia? as Oliver would be a name for a male... And they sound pretty much the same. Not that I really care.

Mustang was useless. Again. x'D
But it's great seeing those old faces again.
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise"
Mar 28, 2010 4:15 PM

Nov 2008
Remus_Lupa said:
Isn't she called Olivia? as Oliver would be a name for a male... And they sound pretty much the same. Not that I really care.

lol her name is olivier.....its been debated a long time among manga fans but arakawa said its olivier :)
Mar 28, 2010 4:20 PM

Jun 2007
Best episode in the longest time. Great pacing, animation, developments etc etc. I loved it a lot. Very exciting to where its going.

Mar 28, 2010 5:16 PM

Aug 2007
suigetsu00 said:
Remus_Lupa said:

lol her name is olivier.....its been debated a long time among manga fans but arakawa said its olivier :)

Try to pronounce it french and it doesn't sound this masculine anymore (although it really IS a male name). D:
It's not Óliver (engl.), it's "Olivié" (fr.) - I'm sorry, I'm too lazy to search for the right IPA-letters right now. So the ´ indicates the stress.
Please, don't feel offended, I don't want to say you can pronounce it correctly, I'm just trying to help in case you may really can't. ^^'

Truth to be told, it took me some time until I got used to "Olivier". First, I also thought it's "Olivia". xD

___
IPA = international phonetic alphabet (or:" phonetic spelling" as you may call it)
Mar 28, 2010 6:09 PM

Feb 2009
Remus_Lupa said:

Her name is spelled like this in Japanese:

オリヴィエ

That's O-ri-bi-EH.

If it was supposed to be "Olivia" it would be spelled like this:

オリヴィエア (O-ri-bi-AH)

I fail to see why there's any confusion about this at all. If they wanted it to be "olivia" the katakana would be different.

Mar 28, 2010 6:10 PM
Apr 2008
suigetsu00 said:
Laorik said:

Don't really have to. I've never read the manga. Figured it out from this episode. In all technicality, you spoiled it by confirming.
Mar 28, 2010 6:28 PM

Jun 2008
ArnoldK said:
Remus_Lupa said:

Her name is spelled like this in Japanese:

オリヴィエ

That's O-ri-bi-EH.

If it was supposed to be "Olivia" it would be spelled like this:

オリヴィエア (O-ri-bi-AH)

I fail to see why there's any confusion about this at all. If they wanted it to be "olivia" the katakana would be different.

Actually her name is O-ri-vi-e. This (ヴィ) is a rarely used katakana which is (vi) not (bi).

When translated to English (remember none of the characters in FMA are Japanese, they're supposed to be from Europe) her name is Olivier.
Mar 28, 2010 6:32 PM

Sep 2008
Nice, though a little low on the action compared to the last few. But helping to lead up to the serious of the next, so I don't really mind.

Characters pretending to be evil is amusing. Hohenheim pretending to be a perverted old man. Wonder which ones saw through the act though.. think Ed did at least.

Did they really need the 0 fatalities to realize that Mustang and his men weren't in it for bloodshed though?

Sloth vs. Armstrong, a normal vs a homunculus?

"You're such an idiot."
~Celty (Durarara)

"How many seconds until the boy confesses his love to the girl?"
~Durarara

Should it be sad now that twice in a season I've been glad that subs scrolls by to quickly for me to process?

Mar 28, 2010 7:17 PM

Apr 2008
woah .. this is getting real interesting xD

Mar 28, 2010 7:24 PM
Feb 2010
I'm glad Havoc and Maria are back. Now the team is complete. ^_^

What I'm waiting for is episode 53. That's where I left the manga, and FINALLY the anime caught up to it. Can't wait! ^_^

Anyway, awesome episode! I could feel the epicness from start to finish. ^.^
Mar 28, 2010 7:35 PM

Nov 2008
Laorik said:
suigetsu00 said:
Laorik said:

Don't really have to. I've never read the manga. Figured it out from this episode. In all technicality, you spoiled it by confirming.

lol meh oh well but i guess like you said it is kind of obvious for the people know who what morse code is :)
Mar 28, 2010 7:45 PM

Jun 2009
Hooray! I've been waiting for all this to be animated since reading the manga. It's one fun, action-packed ride from here on in!

To echo another poster, there are three words to describe this episode: awesome, awesome, awesome.
---
ChibiSamuraiTV | My YT Channel | www.youtube.com/user/chibisamuraitv
Mar 28, 2010 7:46 PM

Nov 2008
Julio-sama said:
I'm glad Havoc and Maria are back. Now the team is complete. ^_^

What I'm waiting for is episode 53. That's where I left the manga, and FINALLY the anime caught up to it. Can't wait! ^_^

Anyway, awesome episode! I could feel the epicness from start to finish. ^.^

lol how could you drop the manga? its epic!
Mar 28, 2010 7:48 PM
Sep 2009
Things are beginning to broil, next week's ep looks epic with the teaser at the end. Olivier vs Sloth (that's the one right?).
Mar 28, 2010 8:18 PM

Aug 2008
Well everybody's screwed now... I mean seriously villains and heroes are gonna face some deep crap next episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 28, 2010 8:47 PM

Dec 2008
Wow, words cannot describe how on-the-edge-of-my-seat I was this episode. Amazing from beginning to end. Things are building up to the boiling point now and I'm damn excited. That immortal army in the preview looked freaky as hell, and I cannot wait to see Olivier v.s. Sloth!

You know, I was wondering why Al doesn't just take back his head. If it were me, I'd be all, "Dude, that's my head. Respect, man!"
Mar 28, 2010 9:04 PM

May 2009
pretty good episode Havoc is back! well not back...but useful nonetheless but anyway here comes the immortals....and why is that xing girl with the cat or w/e still has Envy in a jar >.>.....burn it to death already plz!...i really don't want to see that girl consumed and Envy coming back to life and then Alphonse is going to have to save her or something.Also the Fuhrer's son Selim looks like he's using morse code to contact his "father" about some plan or where he is or something because of the way hes using a stick to bang Alphonse's head with it lol
Mar 28, 2010 9:54 PM
Jan 2010
This just keeps on getting more epic!!!! XD I loved the part where Ed tricks the soldiers in thinking he was being chased by Scar. LOL!!! And yay Maria is back!!!
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Aug 9, 2009

358 by Pavbg »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 64 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jul 4, 2010

969 by wretuo »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 63 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jun 27, 2010

376 by wretuo »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Veronin - Apr 5, 2009

620 by guikenshin »»
Yesterday, 9:41 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Ahenshihael - Aug 2, 2009

211 by TheBrokenBoyy »»
May 9, 5:24 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.