Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
May 24, 2021 10:21 AM

May 2021
Poor Yuzuha... She doesn't deserve that badly. It's like she got rejected.
Also, oh my god! Issa, the brother of Sayu is going to take away from Yoshida's house!
Can't wait to see what it'll happen in the next episode and know about her past!
Mysticus92May 26, 2021 12:22 PM
May 24, 2021 10:22 AM
Dec 2018
My first reaction was that Mishima was starting to get a little aggressive with Sayu and she helped her avoid her brother so that she could have that talk with her. She really does need to control her emotions a bit better.

But Yoshida and Sayu? If we ever needed confirmation that they live in their own world, that was it. Yoshida saying 'I'll invite you to a movie' really doesn't cut it and he only said that because of the text she sent him. Is he really that much of a clueless dullard? And Sayu, the woman just hid you from your brother, you know she likes Yoshida, don't just leave her there on her own after what she's done for you. They should have at least stayed with her until time was up, not just leave her there on her own.

Mishima has been pushing so hard and, of course, Yoshida doesn't have to reciprocate her feelings, but that was harsh and I felt for her. There are ways of doing these things and I thought Yoshida, in particular, acted like an ass.

As for the festival, all of Yoshida's big words at the beginning are looking a bit hollow now. Sayu asked him if he would have done it for a guy, I doubt they would have been at the festival. They were on a date. At this point, you have to wonder who is the most needy out of the two of them. And maybe his ex girlfriend was right when she said he was clingy. He told her to go home but there wasn't much conviction there and it is obvious that his view of Sayu has changed.

Wonder what the brother will think when he sees the living arrangements?
May 24, 2021 10:28 AM
Nov 2019
As Volume 5 isn't out for another week and no leaks have found their way onto twitter etc there's still two volumes to adapt and every girl apart from AO (who was unfortunately cut) is still in with a chance.

I think the piece in the Karaoke bar spelt the death of Mishmina x Yoshida (and Mishmina knows it, beaten into last place by a high school girl, what a bummer).

So Ep.9 is Sayu's past - spoilt, stupid little rich girl runaway or Traumatised teen with unrealistic rich family pressures?

Wholesome festival this week, feels & ranting next week.

First good point for the brother - he didn't turn up at Yoshida's flat with the police with him.
penrhosMay 24, 2021 10:31 AM
May 24, 2021 10:45 AM

Sep 2019
It looks like Yoshida's starting to think of Sayu more than just a child now but he still wanted her to go home. I think he'll regret that decision. Well, her brother came to take her home anyway and Yoshida won't have a say.
May 24, 2021 10:51 AM

Jul 2011
Another session of Mishima Truth Bombs. Which was great. This episode made me lean for Mishima side. Now that I seen how the other 2 play their relationship with Yoshida, Mishima feels the most true to herself.

I really thought than Sayu's brother would surround them while they were in the festival. But was as super early morning approach which is worse.

Now next episode, fight or flight? Would be fun see Sayu doing a parkour to flee.
May 24, 2021 11:08 AM

May 2017
So, I couldn't disagree with the bulk of what Mishima said, although her last question was surprisingly...blunt. Basically asking if her early-life crisis trip has been worth all the trouble she's caused everyone, haha. I dunno, I still can't vibe with Mishima. Also a small nitpick: I thought the entirety of her dialogue at the end was unnecessary, just the cry would have been sufficient. The anime has avoided unnecessary exposition like that in the past, not sure why it chose that moment for it.

Then again, it happens minutes later when Yoshida blurts out his, "Are you really going home" line. Yoshida has always been about sending mixed signals, but I guess the show decided that it was going to really hammer the point in this episode. The lack of subtlety almost makes me wonder if there's a different director for this episode. Probably not, I know.

That 'You would have helped anyone and it would have resulted the same way" scene was much better. It's left intentionally, wonderfully ambiguous... no one should be totally sure about it, I know I'm not. Great scene.

Times up, here comes big bro. Looks like the explanation episode is coming up, I'm all in.
Forum sniper of MAL. Accuracy, efficiency. Beware the catgun.
May 24, 2021 11:15 AM

Jul 2020
That was a very eventful episode.

Things did seem to move very quickly this episode, but I don't think it's absolutely horrible. Initially when I started watching this series, I don't know if I was ready to see a relationship between Sayu and Yoshida develop. However, as I've watched more episodes, I think I'm actually excited to see a relationship between Sayu and Yoshida.
May 24, 2021 11:26 AM
May 2021
Man now I'm feeling very bad because it's gonna end very soon🙁
Bt I liked sayu's gesture very much today & I really don't want that sayu get back to her home.
I didn't like pretty much her brother from the first impression.
But the show now has became more intensed.
Can't wait to watch the next episode😚
May 24, 2021 11:44 AM

Jan 2018
that cliffhanger tho
but I guess this was only a matter of time
May 24, 2021 11:45 AM

Jun 2020
KuHaKu36 said:
Is anyone else not weirded out that this show is pulling an Usagi Drop? A 27 year old guy is going after a minor... wtf is wrong with this show.

My thoughts as well, really gets me nervous hoping it won't happen
May 24, 2021 12:10 PM
May 2021
I can really say that sayu-chan should have to go to her real home a live a normal high school girl life because she can't just be sticked with yoshida-san forever
May 24, 2021 12:13 PM
May 2021
Some1 grassed Sayu's location or else her brother wont of known where he is.

I can only think a few which knows Sayu currently living
May 24, 2021 12:13 PM

Jul 2014
After the opening tensions of Sayu's brother coming very close to finding her, we eventually segue into a fairly rote summer festival scenario. Guess we've gotta pad this out somehow now that things are starting to approach a breaking point of sorts, That being said, their interactions at the summer festival make it all the more obvious that, whether Sayu stays or leaves they will end up together at the end of the story; as Mishima astutely noted to Sayu in their one-to-one, Yoshida is becoming very fond of Sayu and her presence in his house and is now entirely wanting her to stay.

So, how exactly did her brother find out that Sayu was at Yoshida's place, or find out where he lived at all? I asked similar about him finding the convenience store she's working at last week, but this just raises that question again. I can only assume that someone let the secret slip of what's actually going on here; given her prominence this episode, I could see Mishima doing it despite her promise that Sayu could trust her.
May 24, 2021 12:19 PM
Jan 2021
Oxalyc said:
8th week watching this : I begin to think that the brother should use her sister in a prostitution scheme, at least she'd be useful for something and could make some profit, even though she's ugly af, she probably stinks too. Lots of people around here would love it too and rate it a 10...
^ this hommie spitin fax

May 24, 2021 12:30 PM

May 2021
the brother should have come with the cops what the fuck

May 24, 2021 12:30 PM
Nov 2019
Reminder#4: Sayu Is One Of The Worst Characters Of All Time.
May 24, 2021 12:33 PM
Mar 2021
Honestly, I'm not surprised that the brother came to Yoshida's residence and found out where he lived. I think Mishima said this sorry if I'm mistaken, but, she came up with a very good point that when Sayu leaves he's not gonna know what to do with himself since he became so used to her being around. Other than that, I don't know about anyone else, but I'm still hella confused on why she ran away from home in the first place.
May 24, 2021 12:34 PM
Feb 2021
Syureria said:
HatsumiShinogu said:
I’m surprised we still don’t have leaks for volume 5. I need to know if they will end up together. I’m personally hoping for a time skip and they ending up together as a couple.
May 24, 2021 12:38 PM
Feb 2021
Feels like Yoshida can’t hide his feelings for Sayu anymore. I’m pretty sure he’ll regret saying that he wants her to go back home as he is clearly in love with her.
May 24, 2021 12:54 PM

Feb 2019
What an explosive start to the week with both Higehiro and Koikimo’s romances starting to reach their climax. Everyone’s gradually realising how they feel about each other. Feel bad for Yoshida’s kouhai but she never really had a chance. We all know how these types of stories go. Sayu and Yoshida’s trip to the summer festival was really cute, sayu looked amazing in yukata and it’s great to see how close they’ve got since they first met. They have become such huge parts of each other’s lives. Unfortunately it would be too good to be true for everything to just end perfect. Sayu’s brother is here to cause more drama. Last few eps are gonna be tense.
May 24, 2021 12:55 PM

Jul 2017
Yoshida can't lie about his feeling anymore. he certainly has something toward Sayu.

kinda feel bad for Yuzuha. she's the one who put in more effort just to get in touch with Yoshida and that's what she gets.

The accidentally-holding-hand scene is so cringe I just can't-
May 24, 2021 1:17 PM

Apr 2007
Yuzuha got the big jelly and told Sayu's brother where to find her, right?

That was dirty if so.
May 24, 2021 1:42 PM

Sep 2020
I mean cute episode with the festival but man that ending. Seems like next episode is gonna explain Sayu's past some more so I am ready for that.
May 24, 2021 1:46 PM

Apr 2015
Damn, so the brother has caught up to Sayu after all. Is it finally time to go back home. Before that though, we'll face the past of Sayu next week... Oh boy.

Killuan said:
Yuzuha got the big jelly and told Sayu's brother where to find her, right?

That was dirty if so.

I actually second this, wouldn't surprise me at all if this were to be the case. I don't see anyone from Sayu's workplace do it, maybe with the exception of Yaguchi...
May 24, 2021 1:56 PM

Jan 2019
another awesome episode from this series, that ending tho that Sayu brother is scary man how can he track people so easily??

anyway let's appreciate a little cuteness from this episode :3
May 24, 2021 2:17 PM

May 2018
Yup. They're in loooove <3
May 24, 2021 2:19 PM

May 2018
Chixz said:
Oxalyc said:
8th week watching this : I begin to think that the brother should use her sister in a prostitution scheme, at least she'd be useful for something and could make some profit, even though she's ugly af, she probably stinks too. Lots of people around here would love it too and rate it a 10...
^ this hommie spitin fax

Don't threaten me with a good time
May 24, 2021 2:20 PM
Jul 2018
Hmm, now they are in a pickle.

To start off, I have to say that I don't understand Mishima at all. She tries to make other people confident and strong while she herself remains weak and does nothing when it comes to a situation where she wants to take action...
Then she breaks down and cries because Yoshida looks at Sayu and Gotou different. Well, both Sayu and Gotou did more than you did so... It's kinda obvious why he looks different at both of em? Idk, she kinda seems very sensible and kinda mean at times tbh.. She's cute though and she doesn't mean any harm but idk.. I'd react and do thigns different if I were her. At the end, only the person who fought the most wins the war.

We got to see the typical anime scene where the characters blush at even the slightest touch or any look at one another even though they see eachother every single day for maybe a couple of months now. It was kinda cute at the end so anyway. Sayu definetly loves Yoshida and I think that Yoshida loves Sayu aswell, but he really tries to stay mature and not let the girl seduce him with her cuteness and words but rather stand by his morals. But tbh, the girl is 17 and turns 18 next year so Idk what all the fuss about him being a pedo and things like that is all about... Some people really need to grow new neurons once in a while.. My mother and father have a 4 yr difference, and one uncle of mine is 10 yrs younger than his wife aswell and no one finds it wierd at all. It's not that uncommon.

It's kinda nice that her brother searches for her, BUT now we have to see what his intentions are. Did he search for her because of his selflessness, or because her mother/father told him to? We are probably going to find out next episode.
removed-userMay 24, 2021 2:26 PM
May 24, 2021 2:22 PM

Feb 2018
Leirza said:
Yoshida can't lie about his feeling anymore. he certainly has something toward Sayu.

Yeah, but it's a shame most of the develoment towards it was off-screen, because of that the emotional impact didn't felt earned for me.

Most of the on-screen develoment was mostly in chats with other people which try to insert the idea in them more than they themselves show the feeling is starting to grow.
May 24, 2021 2:49 PM

Nov 2014
Why is it since gotou confessed to yoshida her presence in the series has gone down so drastically? to the point she has entire episodes where she isn't even mentioned, like this one. I don't like it because the autor is using that time to develope sayu and yoshida's supposedly "non-romantic" relationship, which feels like a really cheap trick.

Also why is yoshida blushing at sayu wearing a yukata to the point of not looking at her, or holding hands, when before she literally showed herself naked to him and even proposed to have sex and he didn't even seemed to care at all? What has exactly changed between yoshida and sayu's relationship ever since then? because from what i have seen they have been interacting about the same ever since and he literally still knows nothing about her. This lack of consistency on character motivations is really preventing me from enjoying this series further to be honest, it feels disingenuos to the watcher.

Also, if yoshida really wanted to help Sayu to fix her situation, should atleast first thing, ask her the reason she ran away from home? theres no way he can actually help her move on when he does know actually nothing about her, and from what i have seen so far its not even that sayu wants it to be a secret but they haven't actually tried to question her at all. Now its come to the point it's an inevitable conflict, that could have been avoided really easy.

error5000May 25, 2021 7:02 AM
May 24, 2021 2:55 PM
Jul 2018
error5000 said:
Why is it since gotou confessed to yoshida her presence in the series has gone down so drastically? to the point she has entire episodes where she isn't even mentioned, like this one. I don't like it because the autor is using that time to develope sayu and yoshida's supposedly "non-romantic" relationship, which feels like a really cheap trick.

Also why is yoshida blushing at sayu wearing a kimono to the point of not looking at her, or holding hands, when before she literally showed herself almost naked to him and even proposed to have sex with him and he didn't even seemed to care at all? What has exactly changed between yoshida and sayu's relationship ever since then? because from what i have seen they have been interacting about the same since then and he literally still knows nothing about her. This lack of consistency on what mc truly wants is really preventing me from enjoying this series further to be honest, it feels disingenuos to the watcher.

If yoshida really wanted to help Sayu to fix her situation, should atleast first thing, ask her the reason she ran away from home? theres no way he can actually help her move on when he does know actually nothing about her, and from what i have seen so far its not even that sayu wants it to be a secret but they haven't actually tried to question her at all. Now its come to the point it's an inevitable conflict, that could have been avoided really easy.

I think that everyone has some kind of idea of why Sayu left home.. but I agree with you on everything else. I guess that the author is trying really hard to show us constant drama instead of developed relations between the charachters...
May 24, 2021 3:09 PM

Mar 2016
Fuck Mishima, I didn't liked how she was over Sayu with all those questions, now I'm 100% team Gotou (H-size milf's FTW!). Sayu was beautiful in yukata, Yoshida is now aware he's hesitant about his feelings. And they found her, next episode surely will be a roller-coaster.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

May 24, 2021 3:56 PM
Apr 2021
Just hope sayu not leaving yoshida, at least i wanna he confess his feel to sayu😂
May 24, 2021 4:06 PM

Apr 2021
Oh god, can't wait to finish this already. At least some of the drama scenes are laughable so i can bear the last episodes.
''Yoshida, if i weren't a teenage girl, would you still have taken me in?'' LMAO, no, he would not, apparently he only like minors.
I thought this anime could not get any worse, i guess i was wrong.
May 24, 2021 5:19 PM
Feb 2018
I think my theory from the last episode is correct her family rich and was very controlling of her she become friend with the girl from the flashback and she started opening her eyes and the family really hate that and try to drive a wedge possible leading the friend to commit suicide. I also thing the arrange marriage thing is still a possibility that why it was easy for her to use her body for a place to stay and why she was shocked that Yoshida didn't use her as that what her family was going to do have her marry the son of some business partner to seal a business deal. I think that why her brother is searching they need her for the business deal. not a LN read just my own theory
May 24, 2021 6:00 PM

Dec 2015
Honestly I'm already starting to get tired of the anime, we clearly see that there will be a final cliché of Yoshida with Sayu who is about 15 years younger than him, while the other two who have already declared themselves openly are "sucking fingers". So much potential in the work wasted on a respectable but crappy protagonist, he is practically a Rito (to love ru) adult .

I hate that kind of romance and i was very sad about the Mishima scene.
May 24, 2021 6:24 PM

Jan 2020
I really can't stand the very minor hints of romance between the two even if it's for brief moments at the very very start. It's not just something that I can get used to and I never will. To be blunt, I hate it. On the bright side, at least summer festival episodes are usually watchable

May 24, 2021 6:42 PM
Jan 2021
Man... the end of this show is gonna hurt and leave a bigger emptiness then darling in the franxx
May 24, 2021 7:40 PM
Nov 2020
Yoshida really needs to give Mishima a chance. And he can't use the "coworker dilemma" as an excuse because he already confessed to Gotou-san! I don't sense any twisted, underlying motives from Mishima at all ...she truly loves Yoshida and is simply frustrated that she is being ignored and her feelings being one-sided.
May 24, 2021 7:45 PM

Dec 2015
ZeppeliGo said:
Syureria said:
what the heck, nice info... Thanks sir

They even showed it in ep, 4 during flashback, wet hand.

I don't remember having shown all that information during the flashback. Where did you see that?
May 24, 2021 7:56 PM

Jan 2013
Damn, what an episode.
Yoshida will for sure regret what he said to Sayu at the end of the festival, especially now that her brother found her.

The next episode will be finally about her past, can't wait. I guess it's still kinda early to say this but i feel like i won't get a good ending for me.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

May 24, 2021 8:13 PM

Mar 2014
I am glad yoshida will be arrested in the next ep after sayu's brother had finally found out her residence.
May 24, 2021 8:45 PM
May 2019
Leirza said:
kinda feel bad for Yuzuha. she's the one who put in more effort just to get in touch with Yoshida and that's what she gets.

Well, you know what women love to say: Just because a guy is nice to a woman doesn't mean she owes him romantic affection. Well, that works both ways.
May 24, 2021 9:00 PM
Apr 2020
Too many spoilers are here, it's very hard not to click the spoiler button even though I don't want spoilers. I had a bad opinion about Gotou at the beginning, which turned out to be wrong.
I'll hold back on say sth about Issa Ogiwara. Currently, we know only that he has come to bring his younger sister back home.
May 24, 2021 9:25 PM
Mar 2015
After day of kareoke and a night of festival the past catches up to her and the brother is at the door
May 24, 2021 9:30 PM

Dec 2020
the hell is up with yuzuha lmao and oh sayu's from a well of family?
May 24, 2021 9:39 PM
Jan 2021
Oni chan come to actionn
May 24, 2021 10:15 PM
Jul 2019
Hopefully our main guy is not a virgin boy...then they will be somewhat equal but compared to rampant teenager I don't think it is still anywhere near.
May 24, 2021 10:20 PM

Apr 2018
Damn that Summer festival was cute when they were walking together. Looks like Sayu's brother has the intention of bringing her home after finding out where she lives all this time.
May 24, 2021 11:39 PM

Sep 2018
Man, this episode was so lame. It took a nosedive with the clichés and cringe worthy scenes. The tears from his coworkers were eye rolling, all the slip of the tongues, the accidental bump, etc etc. Worst episode by far.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hige wo Soru. Soshite Joshikousei wo Hirou. Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 28, 2021

302 by griddyweeb »»
Apr 6, 8:37 AM

Poll: » Hige wo Soru. Soshite Joshikousei wo Hirou. Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2021

155 by mushi_Jyou »»
Mar 30, 4:57 AM

» Season 2?

Koukyoukyoku - Jan 8

22 by cjozam »»
Jan 17, 10:23 PM

Poll: » Hige wo Soru. Soshite Joshikousei wo Hirou. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2021

212 by RawrOMG »»
Jan 14, 12:11 AM

Poll: » Hige wo Soru. Soshite Joshikousei wo Hirou. Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2021

175 by RawrOMG »»
Jan 9, 3:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.