Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
May 26, 2021 3:32 PM

Jun 2016
Nieznajomy43 said:
Poor Mishima, she can't do anything to make Yoshida have also feelings for her.

KuHaKu36 said:
Is anyone else not weirded out that this show is pulling an Usagi Drop? A 27 year old guy is going after a minor... wtf is wrong with this show.

Sorry but this isn't as weird/disgusting as Usagi Drop. In Usagi Drop guy literally raised his waifu since childhood and Sayu is 17 when they met (so she is borderline young adult).

You can still be weirded out by this, if I was in-universe observer then most likely I would be also weirded out, like I had friend who was going out with older guy and age gap was even bigger... but still comparing Higehiro to Usagi Drop is like comparing Domestic Girlfriend to Yosuga no Sora because both technically have incest elements.

Idk chief, you do you.
May 26, 2021 11:28 PM

Nov 2012
The best part of this ep

Its a shame Arie will not be here

My Candies:

May 27, 2021 11:49 AM
Aug 2014
Gab5 said:
Phantasy_Starved said:
So, @Gab5 @Kakuja21 @Ahaxx @borderliner and any other Gotou appreciators:

Is this series salvageable at this point? I think it is, but...

What odds would you give on a "defying expectations" ending of Gotou being the winner with an understanding, if still broken-hearted, Sayu explaining that she now understands what a loving relationship would feel like and that she will find her own Yoshida someday?

And if it went that route, I'm curious as to how many people would be cheering, and how many of you out there would be upset.

I think it is salvageable, but, whatever the outcome, they missed some opportunities to make some reasonable points and maybe focused too much on the drama, Mishima and Yaguchi mainly, when it wasn't needed. At times, it looked liked it was on the verge of making some really interesting points and then dropped the ball, slightly. But it has got a lot of people talking so I wouldn't say it has been bad or anything like that.

I would say the chances of Gotou and Yoshida showing Sayu what a loving relationship is would be around 100-1. This is the type of interesting direction that this show could go in but will revert to the typical romance ending. I hope I am wrong but, with the way that Gotou has gone awol, it would almost be nonsensical if Yoshida and herself were to end up together now. But, hey, Yoshida and Sayu were holding hands, out of the blue, in the last episode, with no awkwardness at all, so maybe Yoshida and Gotou have got closer, off screen, as well? I very much doubt it, though. One thing I have found odd about this show is that Mishima has been able to express her thoughts and feelings throughout but we have no idea what Yoshida is thinking at all. He is only seen to be thinking about one thing, at any time, and that is always related to Sayu. No reaction, or further thought, about Mishima's confession, and no consideration for how Sayu fits in with his stated aim of dating Gotou. He's been pretty one dimensional this whole time. Everyone else seems to be thinking about all the various possibilities and connotations, Yoshida is only shown thinking about Sayu. His work colleague just confessed to him outside the office, barely leaves a mark on him. Not a single reflection on his part about what just happened or what he thinks about it or even how he should approach her in future.

I reckon there will be virtual riot online if it went that way. With the proportion of happy and mortified people being split around 50/50. Which is better than after the first few episodes when most people wanted Gotou burned at the stake. But I think that even Gotou supporters would be shocked if that happened now. Sayu has viewed Gotou as competition throughout the show, that has never changed, so it would probably be seen as a disaster for her if they got together now.

To answer your one of your questions. Right after the scene with Mishima and Yoshida at the convince store Yoshida thinks that he can't imagine a life with both Sayu and Gotou.This was a scene that wasn't in the anime so who knows if it counts in the anime but there that.
May 27, 2021 12:55 PM
Dec 2018
kingaron3 said:
Gab5 said:

I think it is salvageable, but, whatever the outcome, they missed some opportunities to make some reasonable points and maybe focused too much on the drama, Mishima and Yaguchi mainly, when it wasn't needed. At times, it looked liked it was on the verge of making some really interesting points and then dropped the ball, slightly. But it has got a lot of people talking so I wouldn't say it has been bad or anything like that.

I would say the chances of Gotou and Yoshida showing Sayu what a loving relationship is would be around 100-1. This is the type of interesting direction that this show could go in but will revert to the typical romance ending. I hope I am wrong but, with the way that Gotou has gone awol, it would almost be nonsensical if Yoshida and herself were to end up together now. But, hey, Yoshida and Sayu were holding hands, out of the blue, in the last episode, with no awkwardness at all, so maybe Yoshida and Gotou have got closer, off screen, as well? I very much doubt it, though. One thing I have found odd about this show is that Mishima has been able to express her thoughts and feelings throughout but we have no idea what Yoshida is thinking at all. He is only seen to be thinking about one thing, at any time, and that is always related to Sayu. No reaction, or further thought, about Mishima's confession, and no consideration for how Sayu fits in with his stated aim of dating Gotou. He's been pretty one dimensional this whole time. Everyone else seems to be thinking about all the various possibilities and connotations, Yoshida is only shown thinking about Sayu. His work colleague just confessed to him outside the office, barely leaves a mark on him. Not a single reflection on his part about what just happened or what he thinks about it or even how he should approach her in future.

I reckon there will be virtual riot online if it went that way. With the proportion of happy and mortified people being split around 50/50. Which is better than after the first few episodes when most people wanted Gotou burned at the stake. But I think that even Gotou supporters would be shocked if that happened now. Sayu has viewed Gotou as competition throughout the show, that has never changed, so it would probably be seen as a disaster for her if they got together now.

To answer your one of your questions. Right after the scene with Mishima and Yoshida at the convince store Yoshida thinks that he can't imagine a life with both Sayu and Gotou.This was a scene that wasn't in the anime so who knows if it counts in the anime but there that.

Thanks for the heads up.

Yes, I think that scene is probably key and when you combine it with his flashbacks while at the festival, where he can't imagine living without Sayu and his lonely time was while he knew Gotou, I think it, pretty much, settles any questions about which way he is going to go.

I have to say, I think that his character has just looked worse and worse with each passing week. He went from a really stand up and admirable guy to someone who is actually pretty pathetic if he is going to end up with Sayu. I wonder if the author intended this. The way that they end this is going to be crucial in whether he is viewed as a good guy or just a bit sad. Timeskip with Sayu, at the very least.
May 27, 2021 5:02 PM

Jul 2012
Eh... probably the worst episode so far.
The whole "Yoshida likes Sayu" was to be expected but it feels like they rushed into it without any real development. Just seems forced.

So Sayu's brother knew not only where she was but also Yoshida's name... Hmm... Makes me wonder how he found out about that.

sabishiihito said:
Leirza said:
kinda feel bad for Yuzuha. she's the one who put in more effort just to get in touch with Yoshida and that's what she gets.

Well, you know what women love to say: Just because a guy is nice to a woman doesn't mean she owes him romantic affection. Well, that works both ways.

Exactly. I do think, after Mishima's confession, he should had made clear that he's not into her, tho. But being mad because Yoshida "doesn't give Mishima a chance" or similar is just... No. He's simply not into her, she's not entitled to his love. That's life.
May 27, 2021 11:12 PM

Jul 2019
This episode was pretty basic, I'm disappointed
May 28, 2021 12:49 PM

May 2018
So, finally the girl's onichan catches up with her, so is she ready to go home????
May 29, 2021 10:24 AM

Feb 2021
Best episode so far! There were definitely some feelings of tension/affection there at the festival for our two main protags. It seemed like they're trying to fight those feelings but we all know it'll be tough to do in the long run. The brother appearing at Yoshida's apartment was not surprising. As soon as the knock on the door came, it was obvious.

Prediction here. Sayu's probably going to be forced to agree to go back home with her brother. The decision won't sit well with her or with Yoshida-san. The two will find themselves back together somehow. The means of getting there might be interesting.
May 29, 2021 7:42 PM

Dec 2014
sorry Mishima fans (if you guys even exist) but why even bother showing her being sad, nobody cares, except for the non-existent fans. Its showing signs of Sayu and Yoshida starting to have feelings for each other? I hope it doesnt come to that, much prefer their sibling-like relationship. And of course the last few seconds are of her brother knocking on their door, they say dont judge a book by its cover but he looks like a d*ck
May 29, 2021 11:12 PM

Jul 2020
R.I.P. wholesome series desires. This is the top of a non stop rollercoaster straight down.

Don't container it to me
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Check my latest web novel on Our Greatest Comeback🦊⛩️ and please drop a like or comment if you liked it!
May 30, 2021 3:47 AM

May 2015
Mishima is so annoying.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
May 31, 2021 6:17 AM
Apr 2021
In mfhshjrhdhdjf
Jun 1, 2021 10:16 AM

Nov 2016
Baffling to see how harsh people are on Mishima.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 12, 2021 9:17 AM
Jul 2018
On the Natsumatsuri, the waters were animated beautifully.

(I want to write in uppercased letters but I might get in trouble) I KNOW WHO SNITCHED! I KNOW WHO SNITCHED! Though I really don't but, I KNOW WHO SNITCHED! It's that girl, the oranged head girl. She SNITCHED! Mishima snitched!

And yes, I agree with you people who posted their post in this post forums. Mishima is annoying.
Jun 22, 2021 4:02 AM

Oct 2020
OH wow. There seems to be a lot of symbolism at play here.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 23, 2021 7:45 PM
Feb 2011
I really hope Yoshida and Sayu don't end up together. To me it would feel like it ruins or makes the way they bond pointless. With such great relationship build up upto the point I want Yoshida to stay as something akin to a guardian/mentor.
Jun 25, 2021 1:54 AM
Sep 2020
This episode was so cringe even when watching it on 4x speed..So less content..did not even pause once...Ridiculous characters and stuff
Jun 25, 2021 1:55 AM
Jul 2018
2 out of 5: Disliked it
Jun 25, 2021 6:48 AM

Jul 2019
Is no one going to talk about the lack of Natsu Matsuri being played in this episode smh.
Jun 27, 2021 3:18 PM

Oct 2013
This episode was so sweet. ;-; best episode in a while.

The tension when Yoshida went to answer the door was palpable. I was having expecting him to get his ass beat, or for her brother to be there with the police to arrest him, or, well, anything more extreme than "I'm here to take Sayu home," but this is anime after all...

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Jul 17, 2021 10:04 AM
Jan 2021
DiSSNiKO said:
This whole episode seemed filled with contrived dialogue and insane amounts of blueballing. I just hope the show doesn't derail from this point onwards

Famous last words
Jul 19, 2021 12:42 PM

Aug 2018
I think I start to think how I feel about this anime.. And so far.. It had potential and interesting premise.. But I expected a bit different things, really.. Yoshida is too strong in his convictions.. And he's not having any conflicts, pretty much.. What really could be expected with anime like this.. Sayu had some past experience.. But she's not really an all time suffering character or anything.. What also would be more interesting to me personally.. Than that she went to work to store, then stumbled upon one guy, and resolved things with him pretty quickly.. Gotou isn't doing anything, besides one episode, when she told Sayu to think what to do in her future.. And Yuzuha tried to do something, but she's just not interesting to Yoshida, so there is no progress there.. And that's how I find this anime so far.. I think it's not really going into anything too much interesting.. First episodes, where Sayu was having some broken personality, trying to seduce Yoshida - it was interesting.. But later.. Only Yuzuha tried to do something, but it's one sided, so leads nowhere..
Aug 5, 2021 11:13 AM

Jun 2020
They're really closing in on Sayu this time and they're not planning to stop even a second of searching for her

I'm glad Yuzuha helped her but damn her tears are something else it's the tears of someone who got hurt, Sayu looks so gorgeous in that Yukata outfit I like it personally she looks charming, They give off that father and daughter vibe, and at the same time kind of a couple of vibes either one fits the scene

Yoshida looks so concerned when he thought Sayu went missing that really says a lot about his connection with Sayu all this time, And Issa knocked on Yoshida's doorstep and finally made the introduction things will go a bit unannounced here.

Aug 28, 2021 6:14 AM

Jul 2015
Really hoped the relation would stay wholesome with Yoshida acting like a dad or brother figure but I guess him falling in love with Sayu was to be expected ...just like the police barging the door any moment is to be expected

Oct 1, 2021 8:11 PM

Jan 2019
We're playing on the edge of dangerous territory with a fireworks scene, glad they both kept it platonic.
Oct 10, 2021 6:23 AM

Nov 2013
Man. Sayu's bro is hot!
I can't stand this fucking blond anymore... GTFO, girl! Grow up!
Jan 11, 2022 3:43 AM

May 2010
when did sayu and the girl at work meet?
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
May 23, 2022 7:48 PM
Sep 2021
Enjoyed the episode 👌 the summer ☀️fireworks were beautiful 😍 and in the end sayu's brother found out Yoshida's house. Looking forward to their interactions in the next episode.
I give this episode 7/10.
Oct 8, 2022 2:49 PM

Jan 2021
You can't let me have one goddamn wholesome episode!?
Dec 28, 2022 7:37 PM
Jun 2021
Seeing Sayu smile just makes you happy
Mar 16, 2023 10:48 AM

Apr 2013
Mishima is really irritating, she sure likes to lecture people for being a stalker. Guess we all know who Yoshida will end up with, in the end the harem protagonist will obviously choose Sayu.
Apr 30, 2023 7:39 AM

Oct 2022
I pity Mishima a little bit. Sayu is living the life she wants to live with Yoshida. But that's how it is in life, you don't always get what you want, and it takes time to get over it.
UndefeatedBahamut
Jul 15, 2023 2:42 AM
Nov 2022
TENSE. yeah totally after a guy from a big name company just went looking for Sayu totally bad news might be cuz of inside family issue
Jul 30, 2023 8:20 AM
Aug 2021
One thing I am scared of is parent.
Jan 5, 1:17 AM

Nov 2022
I don't hate Mishima, but she always let's her emotions get the best of her. Like how in this episode she started asking Sayu about her feelings, and thoughts aggressivley. Mishima wants to be the one that wins Yoshida's heart so she's trying to see whether or not she can do smthn about it. But she's doing it in a pushy kind of way that is really annoying.
Mar 12, 8:09 PM
Jan 2017
Watched a few eps. when it first premiered. Dropped it fearing the worst. Came back around and was captivated by the real human drama as the story developed. The reason I came to love this show is that these are real people. People dealing with a strange, messy situation. And the writing is so good that we audience members are reading all sorts of motives and predictions into what the story presents.
Out of the many hundreds of anime that I have watched and forgotten, I'll remember the story of Sayu and Yoshida and all the friends.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hige wo Soru. Soshite Joshikousei wo Hirou. Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 28, 2021

302 by griddyweeb »»
Apr 6, 8:37 AM

Poll: » Hige wo Soru. Soshite Joshikousei wo Hirou. Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2021

155 by mushi_Jyou »»
Mar 30, 4:57 AM

» Season 2?

Koukyoukyoku - Jan 8

22 by cjozam »»
Jan 17, 10:23 PM

Poll: » Hige wo Soru. Soshite Joshikousei wo Hirou. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2021

212 by RawrOMG »»
Jan 14, 12:11 AM

Poll: » Hige wo Soru. Soshite Joshikousei wo Hirou. Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2021

175 by RawrOMG »»
Jan 9, 3:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.