Forums

'Berserk' Creator Kentarou Miura Dies at 54

New
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]
May 22, 2021 8:58 PM

Jan 2020
purplemoon_ said:
DYNASTIA said:

You are of no interest me, you've proven unable to form a coherent argument or provide context to your arbitrary qualifications. While insults might be amusing, you need to have something more developed behind them. I didn't even want to have a debate, you don't seem to understand that I have no reason to ''engage'' you in a debate, just like adults don't debate kindergartners. I might maybe educate a kindergartner, help him provide context to his arguments, help him come to sustained conclusions and identify fallacies.

What would Epictetus have to say about your little rage right here ?
You just see what you want to see, that's it.

And you telling me that I'm a basement dweller, hilarious (I would have said that I'm ten times as cultured as you, but 10x0=0)
That's the problem with children raised by Youtube. Social media influencers aren't the new mainstream?

You think notes form a coherent narrative, are you even reading what you write?
And assistants who are artists now, kek.
Nietzsche also spoke about this, how the weak would never seek to broaden their knowledge, they consider what they already know to be sufficient.

@CrimsonCW I know next to nothing about Berserk so i wont comment on that, but saying Pewdiepie isnt mainstream is just silly. The first time i even ever learned about him was from a literal south park episode that he was featured in and south park is one of the most popular influential tv shows of all time. Not to mention he’s been on several late night tv talk shows and mentioned to me by my friends. Its not as if im a big fan of him even at all,but generally speaking youre bound to hear about him at some point (both online and offline)just saying. You’d be surprised how many people blew up into mainstream simply from starting on youtube.

A news thread made about Kentaro Miura's death turned into "is pewdiepie mainstream"

You all have way too much time
I don't speak English that much, so please cut me some slack
May 22, 2021 10:35 PM

Feb 2015
I saw this like 2 days ago on Discord when someone posted about Muira being dead and I thought we're just on the usual shitposting spree again. A day after that, I saw that he was actually dead and I was like "wow... this is prolly gonna go down to the world history book"

F for him, I hope Amazon delivers im@s games in heaven for our Muira onii-chan.
May 23, 2021 2:10 AM
Jul 2018
sad that i won't get to see a Manben episode with miura (i don't really care about berserk ending or not +_+)
now this...

i want to try these "calorie mates" now :)
removed-userMay 23, 2021 2:14 AM
May 23, 2021 5:33 PM

May 2018
Rest in peace. Thank you for giving me a story that broke my heart and mend it altogether, a story that taught me there is no abyss that love cannot pull us back from. I'm starting to believe now.
May 23, 2021 6:26 PM
Jul 2012
My deepest condolences for the great man, a legend, the creator of great Masterpiece for all of us. R.I.P Kentaro Miura.
May 24, 2021 3:10 PM

Nov 2019
Is it possible that the Berserk manga might continue under a ghostwriter much like the Mitch Rapp spy thriller books?
May 25, 2021 12:37 AM

Jun 2011
Nalusa_Falaya said:
purplemoon_ said:

@CrimsonCW I know next to nothing about Berserk so i wont comment on that, but saying Pewdiepie isnt mainstream is just silly. The first time i even ever learned about him was from a literal south park episode that he was featured in and south park is one of the most popular influential tv shows of all time. Not to mention he’s been on several late night tv talk shows and mentioned to me by my friends. Its not as if im a big fan of him even at all,but generally speaking youre bound to hear about him at some point (both online and offline)just saying. You’d be surprised how many people blew up into mainstream simply from starting on youtube.

A news thread made about Kentaro Miura's death turned into "is pewdiepie mainstream"

Could be worse.
I wish Cowboy Bebop never existed.
May 25, 2021 12:40 AM
May 2021
This is sad. RIP - Unbelievable man.
May 25, 2021 1:19 AM

Jan 2020
Ahegyao said:
Nalusa_Falaya said:

Could be worse.

This is freaking messed up, What an insensitive wannabe troll
I don't speak English that much, so please cut me some slack
May 25, 2021 8:58 PM

Jul 2013
this thread has become quite a mess, but rest in peace Miura, you will be missed by many
May 26, 2021 12:47 AM

Jun 2020
I didn't even watch or read berserk.But seeing this comments confirms he is a legend. RIP the legend
May 26, 2021 5:09 AM
May 2020
though late in this reply, many akin to myself found solace in the world which kentaro created. berserk for me enlightened my philosophy as it garnered the concept of what it means to be human by exploiting the extremities of dark fiction. it was the only book that actively made me cry. fully crafting all negative emotions for us as the readers to reflect on ourselves. its rather funny that it took kentaro's death for me to fully realize that he was my only idol in my life.

i started berserk a few years ago when one of my best friends kept on pestering me about it as he said it was "the only good thing that my people made". and from there i witnessed a journey of a lifetime unfold right in front of my eyes. the writing with the gorgeous art only enhanced what one would call perfection.

i love berserk too too much and the pain i felt, still feel with the death of kentaro was beyond indescribable as he made me a better person. i cried, i cried for someone that I've never met in my life as he made me realize that the strongest weapon that we have in this world is books. it can shape a man for the better or the worse.

I've always wanted to meet kentaro and give him the biggest hug as he helped me though some toughs times within the confines of my life by intrinsically applying real world emotions to something so fantastical. berserk will always be the best manga in the world and this is enough for me to say that kentaro wasn't a man but a hero to the world of manga and literature.

rest in peace kentaro, your work captivated the hearts of millions with the upmost dedication that could only be fictional
May 28, 2021 8:45 PM
May 2021
R.I.P Kentaro Miura
May 29, 2021 3:04 PM

Jul 2011
This is a sad news. Rest in peace Kentaro Miura. I believe Berserk will continue to strive and stay strong just as Guts did. You can leave it to other mangaka worthy to continue your manga...

Thank you!
May 30, 2021 12:22 AM

Feb 2018
Noitora33 said:
Now who is gonna finish the manga?
Is that really the first thing you say when someone dies?

May 30, 2021 12:44 AM

Aug 2018
-StOrmShaDoW- said:
Noitora33 said:
Now who is gonna finish the manga?

Yes. Because Berserk is a great manga and it will be very sad if it remains unfinished.
And whoever will finish it, it won't be the same. So, yes. I wanted him to finish the manga before he died.
Araragi-kun, genki ii ne? Nanika iikoto demo attanokai?

May 30, 2021 6:59 AM

Feb 2018
Noitora33 said:
-StOrmShaDoW- said:

Yes. Because Berserk is a great manga and it will be very sad if it remains unfinished.
And whoever will finish it, it won't be the same. So, yes. I wanted him to finish the manga before he died.
I understand what you are saying, but you should have at least expressed some condolences.

Jun 3, 2021 3:12 AM

Jan 2017
You can tell the majority of userbase is from the third world with all the eulogy for a greedy author.
And still, Bill will live on.
He will befriend the next inhabitants of the earth, beings of light who revere him as a god.
And Bill will outlive them all... for millions and millions of years...exploring, learning, living,
until the earth is swallowed beneath his feet.
Until the sun is long since gone.
Until time loses all meaning and the moment comes that he knows only the positions of the stars
and sees them whether his eyes are closed or open.
Until he forgets his name and the place where he'd once come from.
He lives and he lives until all of the lights go out.
Jun 3, 2021 4:43 PM
Mar 2018
RIP. Berserk is the best of its genre.
Jun 10, 2021 7:38 PM

Oct 2010
You know its Berserk when the fans and haters are waging the literal Battle of Thermopolae in the replies here. Hopeful the hate doesn't end when the series finally does continue, which is basically inevitable.

RIP Miura and even if you hate Berserk, you have to respect the sheer controversy his work brings to the world.

The message I get from this;
NOTHING IS EVER SETTLED !
Jun 12, 2021 6:28 AM
Jul 2018
Rest in Pieces Kentarou-dono. Thank you for representing the crusades like they were in a bloody awesome manga. I hope your soul is in your personal Valhalla with your cute girls. @Berserkfans let's finish the story through doujins. Who's with me?
Jun 13, 2021 4:17 PM
Jul 2013
So many good manga's have it either be on indefinite hiatus like Highschool of the dead, Dragon eye and others. Some of them have it because the author dies or are sick.
Jul 12, 2021 1:33 PM

Apr 2020
Tons of respect for this man
Rest In Peace.
I can't even function as a human being anymore.
Jul 15, 2021 3:40 PM

Jun 2020
rest in peace 🙏🏻🙏🏻

1997 anime wuz gr8

started manga arts mad
Jul 18, 2021 4:46 PM
Apr 2021
Rip sir . you will be missed , you gave us one of the greatest masterpiece of all time . We love you sir .
Jul 31, 2021 6:24 PM
Aug 2017
F ..............
Aug 1, 2021 10:28 PM
Jun 2020
I don't know what to say. It's such a tragic that he died without even finishing the berserk
Aug 8, 2021 10:15 AM

Apr 2010
RIP
Never read this manga but I always knew that its not going to be finished (sighs) thats why I never picked it up...
Aug 19, 2021 7:57 AM

Sep 2020
RIP
Gone but not forgotten.
Aug 23, 2021 1:42 PM

Aug 2019
Still can't believe this happened 😢
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 23, 2021 1:42 PM

Aug 2019
Still can't believe this happened 😢
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 18, 2021 11:26 AM
Jul 2016
Rest in Peace Miura.

Berserk will forever be the greatest manga.
Dec 18, 2021 5:55 PM
Aug 2021
;(      
Jan 2, 2022 2:52 PM
Mar 2021
rest in peace the man whose works make me spend my most enjoyable time. You will never be forgotten.
Jan 5, 2022 6:47 PM

Aug 2021
I have only read it now - even though it's my favorite anime. There is no need to be sad if he was a good man - it is better for him now.
When such people leave, it is a greater pity and sadness for us - because new works will not be created
Mar 18, 2022 6:59 AM
Mar 2020
i'm so sad... this is a masterpiece without an ending... i hope some kind of novel that he would've wrote for the end comes out ))))))))):
Sep 30, 2023 2:44 PM
May 2023
Rest in peace Kentarou Miura.
Oct 1, 2023 6:27 PM

Oct 2022
Well holy cow. R.I.P. 54 is pretty young still.
opin·ion
[əˈpɪnjən]

NOUN

1. a view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge:"that, in my opinion, is right" ·

Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]

More topics from this board

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

3 by ToyaMochizuki »»
30 minutes ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

16 by Jonas-K »»
2 hours ago

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/18]

Snow - Apr 5

28 by infanf »»
2 hours ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - 2 hours ago

3 by RobertBobert »»
2 hours ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

8 by AddaeAkono »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.