Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Farewell, My Dear Cramer
Available on Manga Store
New
May 2, 2021 10:49 AM
Nov 2020
When i heard that it's another show from the author of Your Lie In April (which is my fav show <3), i was really excited. But now it seems i was wrong. Rated about 5. The manga has a good rating. Wonder why the anime failed. I guess it doesn't even have a sad element; just a normal sports anime. Not gonna watch it then.
Really expected a lot and i must say i am disappointed. I guess The author couldn't keep up his good work as the author of "A silent voice" did. (Creating another masterpiece - To your eternity). Studio has some issues too.
P.s: i haven't watched/read this. Just saying this after seeing the poor rating :(
KoroSensei024May 2, 2021 11:28 PM
May 2, 2021 10:50 AM

Jan 2020
Blame the animation. That seems to be what's holding the story back

May 2, 2021 11:04 AM
May 2020
Koro_sensei_28 said:
When i heard that it's another show from the author of Your Lie In April (which is my fav show <3), i was really excited. But now it seems i was wrong. Rated about 5. The manga has a good rating. Wonder why the anime failed. I guess it doesn't even have a sad element; just a normal sports anime. Not gonna watch it then.
Really expected a lot and i must say i am disappointed. I guess The author couldn't keep up his good work as the author of "A silent voice" did. (Creating another masterpiece - To your eternity)
P.s: i haven't watched/read this. Just saying this after seeing the poor rating :(

Author of great series won't be able to put out bangers as always and as far as the rating for manga goes that is pretty average too.
I dropped the anime myself it's using tropes which are fairly overused and have became boring now
It might be just it has a rough start but may get better later on considering manga rating.
If you're willing to risk then try it yourself cause I would personally suggest you to skip
May 2, 2021 11:13 AM
Dec 2020
I’m not sure if it’s the Animation or maybe the ost or something idk but I just don’t really like this I think I’ll give the manga a try but as of now it’s just kinda bad unfortunately
May 2, 2021 11:23 AM

Nov 2015
You haven't even attempted to watch the anime but just took the score at face value?

Yes the anime is not amazing (it's the animations that really suck) but to start a thread complaining about an anime you haven't even watched is weird.
May 2, 2021 11:59 AM
May 2016
Btw, it's good, I mean, not perfect but decent.
Ppl is crying about the animation that is okay. Their main problem is the same thing that happened in Haikyuu, but they don't care about that in Haikyuu, just in this case.
That's pathetic.

Its score should be around 7.5 right now.
May 2, 2021 12:15 PM

Jul 2017
Good manga, bad adaptation.
May 2, 2021 4:15 PM

Jan 2016
A superb Manga with a OK adaptation

I believe that people that are actually very into fotball will love it because its honestly one of the only manga I've seen where the author actually understands the sport

Most characters are endearing and that has been conveyed well enough in the adaptation in my opinion.

The only "bad" things is the very limited animation, which is understandable. But from a football fans perspective, this is a really good Anime/manga

And you really should really stop judging an Anime based of the score of a community that has become very tocix and it frankly doesn't represnt the larger Anime community anymore. MAL has become a place filled with people that believe that they understand the industry and that they're critics that can rightfully judge Anime that are not even catered towards them
FireFistYKMay 2, 2021 4:18 PM
May 2, 2021 4:42 PM

Aug 2019
I don’t know personally I enjoy it, but then again animation isn’t a priority for me to in terms of anime as long as I find it funny/amusing
May 2, 2021 4:46 PM

Dec 2020
haven't read the manga but animation is definitely the biggest problem here. looks like ass. especially since its a sports anime where animation takes huge part in the viewing experience the studio can definitely do better so idk why they aren't.
May 2, 2021 4:59 PM
Nov 2019
Everybody really hating on this anime for no reason. Off the first ep this seems like it’ll be a good. If your trying to compare this to any other sports anime like Haikyuu, kuroko no basket, or prince of tennis then stop cause this is a soccer anime which in my opinion is way harder to animate than volleyball, tennis, or basketball. I’ve watched some soccer (futbol) anime like Days, inazuma Eleven and Captain Tsubasa which are pretty good, but not great, mostly because of the animation, however it’s still good for what they have work with when it come to soccer(futbol). Sayonara Watashi no Cramer should not be rating this low (5.6), because it has a decent story and animation and if shows like the ones I listed can get 7.0 or higher with the animation they had then why not this one. This is easily a 7 or even 7.5 easily if the story stays good.
May 2, 2021 5:05 PM
Jan 2021
2guac said:
Everybody really hating on this anime for no reason. Off the first ep this seems like it’ll be a good. If your trying to compare this to any other sports anime like Haikyuu, kuroko no basket, or prince of tennis then stop cause this is a soccer anime which in my opinion is way harder to animate than volleyball, tennis, or basketball. I’ve watched some soccer (futbol) anime like Days, inazuma Eleven and Captain Tsubasa which are pretty good, but not great, mostly because of the animation, however it’s still good for what they have work with when it come to soccer(futbol). Sayonara Watashi no Cramer should not be rating this low (5.6), because it has a decent story and animation and if shows like the ones I listed can get 7.0 or higher with the animation they had then why not this one. This is easily a 7 or even 7.5 easily if the story stays good.

Completely agree with you, bro.
The story itself is quite good(until now at least), but the hate that this Anime received is just awful.
May 2, 2021 6:21 PM
Apr 2017
If you actually read the manga, you would know that Farewell My Cramer is a masterpiece, and it might be even better than YLIA, it is in my opinion.

One of the best sports series that did their research with the sports, beautiful and dynamic manga football scenes and wonderful depiction of an underdog team learning to play together.

A 10/10 series for me and although the anime isn't great, it's still good fun for me.
May 2, 2021 9:11 PM

Mar 2019
But its fun....

There are a lot of Great Animated series, but BORING AS FUCK...

I'd rather watch this trashy animated but funny series than a Unique Animated Boring one.

Also, the manga is very good.
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
May 2, 2021 11:24 PM
Nov 2020
KyleRiley said:
You haven't even attempted to watch the anime but just took the score at face value?

Yes the anime is not amazing (it's the animations that really suck) but to start a thread complaining about an anime you haven't even watched is weird.

i guess you didn't even read my thread title. at first, I asked "so I guess it's just bad?" that's a qs. Not a statement.
And you don't need to watch the episodes to know the adaption is bad. Compare the ratings / read other's comments, reviews etc. you will get a good view of how the show is.
And i opened this thread to express my disappointment. I just had high expectations. Since the adaption is not good. i guess i will read the manga.
KoroSensei024May 2, 2021 11:27 PM
May 3, 2021 3:46 AM

Jul 2014
I don't know man. But I really enjoyed it so far. Maybe because I love sports anime and soccer. Everything seems okay, I love the character, the music, and the pace really good, not felt rushed. The only problems that everyone seems to be complaining is the animation, though it still enjoyable imo.
May 4, 2021 10:38 AM

Aug 2015
I mean I rarely write on forums outside of my Club. But some of the takes here on this show really leave me stunned.
Like yes the animation is not that exciting and the sound doesn't add much either, but I don't think that are like the major issues.
Probably my biggest issue is this so called "comedy" especially in the forms of the trainer of the boys team and Shiratori or like that one part about healthy cooking. Like it is super annoying. Still if it would only that I could live with that, but the rest is not much better.
From minute 1 the show hammers in that this is one of those "chosen one" stories with a big fat swollen monologue on how our MC is supposed to revitalize women's football (whatever that means).
Honestly I could say more negative things here, but I don't want to be too toxic. There are some things that are alright. Like I think Soshizaki's character is probably the one thing that still keeps me somewhat interested in the show, but the rest is just a snoozefest, which wouldn't be too bad, if this wasn't a season stacked to the brim with quality shows like Odd Taxi, Megalo Box S2 or Fumetsu no anata e.
May 6, 2021 10:04 AM

Oct 2007
May 11, 2021 2:59 AM

May 2007
Just found out the manga is finished (which means the anime TV series and movie will probably adapt all of the manga_ and was written by the same mangaka for Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso aka You Lie in April.

However, this incredibly low rating and judging from some of the comments it's to do with the poor quality animation as well as community bias.

FireFistYK said:

And you really should really stop judging an Anime based of the score of a community that has become very tocix and it frankly doesn't represnt the larger Anime community anymore. MAL has become a place filled with people that believe that they understand the industry and that they're critics that can rightfully judge Anime that are not even catered towards them

This is definitely true and it makes it infinitely harder to choose what anime to watch.
May 11, 2021 3:38 PM

May 2009
It's like real life Women Soccer - bad with funny bits.

Really, there is no point in watching.
bastek66May 11, 2021 3:44 PM
May 11, 2021 10:14 PM

May 2017
It's a sports anime buy featuring girls playing soccer in Japan. I don't know what more people were expecting? It's cute and lovely, and just not the same story as Your Lie in April. Not sure why folks have shot the rating down to a 5 ☠
May 12, 2021 3:25 PM

Oct 2017
It's the adaptations fault, the manga's great.
May 13, 2021 10:15 AM

Jun 2008
I don't think the anime is particularly well made. For one there are far too many characters so they all blend together since none are given enough time to stand out (a massive problem with a lot of 1-cour shows). But there's definitely a good manga here, the author knows his football and captures a lot of the determination of making a good team out of nothing. I'll be reading it after the anime wraps up.

I also think some of the material is way too "insider" for people. You really need to have some knowledge of football strategy and famous players to get the most out of the show since they breeze over references assuming the audience knows. Lots of sports anime avoids that by leaning on lack of realism, but this tries to be extremely realistic in its portrayal of the sport.

But overall what really makes it suffer is the anime adaptation just feels lazy and rushed. It's far from the only example of a modern anime that I call "colorized manga". It just feels like they're going through the manga, taking panels they think need to be animated, and animating them. But they're avoiding the work done to translate something you read into something you watch.
May 13, 2021 11:37 AM
May 2011
I made it four episodes before dropping it. The animation is stiff at times, the characters are ugly, and the "faces in fences" thing is distracting. I also didn't care for the comedy. It reminded me of FMA:B, though, and others seem to enjoy it, so...

More than anything, I really disliked the MC. She spends the first 1.5 episodes shitting on girls soccer and putting in almost zero effort. Then, she spends half an episode being awestruck by the best team in the country as they completely dump truck her team, while she stands around with stars in her eyes. But wait, in the second half of the game, it turns out she is ACTUALLY the best player on the pitch...as the best team in the country runs up the score even more.

I liked her two teammates, but all the show's faults, topped off by MC and the comedy relief striker killed my enjoyment.
May 13, 2021 1:48 PM

Jul 2020
Great football series like Captain Tsubasa or Area no Kishi are like Pastore in Huracán.

Cramer is like Juanfi Garro in Huracán
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Check my latest web novel on Our Greatest Comeback🦊⛩️ and please drop a like or comment if you liked it!
May 16, 2021 11:04 AM
Sep 2020
As someone watching almost all good airing anime...I dont think its bad..I d say its 6.7...Light hearted story..Good to watch while eating a meal
May 16, 2021 10:45 PM
Dec 2014
FireFistYK said:
A superb Manga with a OK adaptation

I believe that people that are actually very into fotball will love it because its honestly one of the only manga I've seen where the author actually understands the sport

Most characters are endearing and that has been conveyed well enough in the adaptation in my opinion.

The only "bad" things is the very limited animation, which is understandable. But from a football fans perspective, this is a really good Anime/manga

completely agree with you the mal community has certainly changed since the explosion of anime popularity the last few years, its become so toxic i mean this thread was created by someone complaining about the anime/ manga and they havent even tried to watch it! they are persuaded by the ratings and then go on to complain further skewing peoples opinion of a show they have 0 clue about! i wish they could let us remove the damn ratings i dont even wanna see them anymore i just wanna be able to keep track of my shows without all the toxicity
Jun 11, 2021 11:39 AM

Feb 2018
Sharry_Gami said:
As someone watching almost all good airing anime...I dont think its bad..I d say its 6.7...Light hearted story..Good to watch while eating a meal

Really? The comments I feel are more objective make it sound like a trashie anime.

I'm also watching many simulcast, but I would rate most of them around 6. Adding another meh anime isn't on my priority list.
Jun 13, 2021 7:25 AM

Aug 2019
It's the animation and the pacing. This story has a lot of potential of done right. The prequel movie proves that. Honestly, if the show had been adapted by A1 or someone else, this could've been pretty decent.
Jun 13, 2021 7:39 AM

Mar 2018
Though people are saying the animation is holding it back, there was really not much to hold back to begin with. This is taking into account the characters, which are dysfunctional, and the plot, which seems to hinge on random actions by characters (like the uniform bit or kicking a baseball????).

If it was just written with a little more care it would have been a well-received show about women's soccer, but instead we are left with this.
Jun 15, 2021 1:50 PM

Nov 2011
JCDRANZER said:
Just found out the manga is finished (which means the anime TV series and movie will probably adapt all of the manga_ and was written by the same mangaka for Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso aka You Lie in April.

However, this incredibly low rating and judging from some of the comments it's to do with the poor quality animation as well as community bias.

FireFistYK said:

This is definitely true and it makes it infinitely harder to choose what anime to watch.

12 episodes is far too low to adapt it all.

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Jun 17, 2021 11:23 PM
Oct 2017
Koro_sensei_28 said:

Really expected a lot and i must say i am disappointed. I guess The author couldn't keep up his good work as the author of "A silent voice" did. (Creating another masterpiece - To your eternity)

Eh, To Your Eternity is very close to being The Promised Neverland 2.0
Jun 19, 2021 10:39 PM

Oct 2009
I really enjoyed this show! In fact, I login back to MAL after months just to give the score it deserves.

The pace at the beginning feels a bit rushed and just dumped the characters at us, which might be off-putting to some viewers. But going in further you'd understand that the reason for that direction is that they fleshed out the character little by little with the story, like a sculptor chiseled out the stone to make statues. The characters that seems so bland and generic at the first episode become an actual cast of unique characters.

I think the director did a good job especially going past the 4th episode the show character dynamic began to show it's color, the voice actor choices also quite good, though kinda hard to shake that Aoi Yuuki voice due to her being MC in other show airing this season. The Director and the Producer seems to have worked together in the past with good records, like the Udon no Kuni no Kiniro Kemari and Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo.

I really feel this anime didn't get the appreciation it deserves, especially when you see people merely complaining about the animation quality, I don't know why but I feel that a lot of newcomers in the medium are really spoiled by a lot of the big budget shows that pours sakuga scene every 5 minutes, or movies that took years to finish... I think they're really unaware on the process of making animations and the whole lot of steps and people involved around it, and put this unrealistically high bar for a budget (probably one-off) anime to those powered by million dollars franchise.
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Jun 22, 2021 2:41 AM

Feb 2013
azzuRe said:
I really enjoyed this show! In fact, I login back to MAL after months just to give the score it deserves.

The pace at the beginning feels a bit rushed and just dumped the characters at us, which might be off-putting to some viewers. But going in further you'd understand that the reason for that direction is that they fleshed out the character little by little with the story, like a sculptor chiseled out the stone to make statues. The characters that seems so bland and generic at the first episode become an actual cast of unique characters.

I think the director did a good job especially going past the 4th episode the show character dynamic began to show it's color, the voice actor choices also quite good, though kinda hard to shake that Aoi Yuuki voice due to her being MC in other show airing this season. The Director and the Producer seems to have worked together in the past with good records, like the Udon no Kuni no Kiniro Kemari and Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo.

I really feel this anime didn't get the appreciation it deserves, especially when you see people merely complaining about the animation quality, I don't know why but I feel that a lot of newcomers in the medium are really spoiled by a lot of the big budget shows that pours sakuga scene every 5 minutes, or movies that took years to finish... I think they're really unaware on the process of making animations and the whole lot of steps and people involved around it, and put this unrealistically high bar for a budget (probably one-off) anime to those powered by million dollars franchise.

I think the Animation in this is very pretty. With lots of style and colour.

While I don't care for the Women Coach in the story, I like all the other Characters.

It is the show that giving me the most enjoyment in the spring season.

Oh ya I also don't seem them as an underdog team, an unrated team might be better said. They have 4 maybe 5 "Star players" on their team that not underdog that is a potential powerhouse team. Although most them are rookies.

Onda who is a prodigy as claim, not always shown physique.
Midori "Sossy" Soshizaki Known as number 3 middle school soccer player in Japan. And Suou the fasted player on the field.
Then there is Eriko Tase the captain who clearly was the most skilled of her old team with hard work before these rookies joined.
And maybe Aya(loud girl) Maybe not as trained as the other girls she does seem Natural Sports Gifted.
Jun 22, 2021 11:17 PM
Jul 2014
No. It's not bad at all. I honestly don't see what people hate about this show. Maybe they're comparing it to Your Lie in April and are getting disappointed because of that. I like the way soccer is portrayed here. Sure it's not intense as other soccer anime, but I like this because it's chill, but also has a story I can enjoy.
Jul 3, 2021 7:16 PM

Mar 2013
I agree with everyone that are saying the story of this is great. Imo, it has a better story than Your Lie in April and it's one of the few sports series that has female characters and actually gives them respect as athletes(or even as people - many sports anime treat their few female characters like shit). I personally don't mind the animation, but it's definitely the biggest problem(the soundtrack is also kind of bland). The animation is definitely cheap, with a lot of repeated shots and frames with few moving pieces. I think if this looked half as good as the other female sports anime that Lidenfilms did, Hanebado, the anime would probably be ~2.5 pts higher rated.
Jul 3, 2021 9:57 PM
Apr 2017
All I can say is read the manga and make the decision yourself. It's really great.
Dec 30, 2021 7:42 PM
Ichigo Parfait
Oct 2015
Koro_sensei_28 said:
Really expected a lot and i must say i am disappointed. I guess The author couldn't keep up his good work as the author of "A silent voice" did. (Creating another masterpiece - To your eternity). Studio has some issues too.

Bruh why would you blame the author for what is quite obviously a garbage animation?
DemonChicken123Dec 30, 2021 7:47 PM
Dec 30, 2021 7:46 PM
Ichigo Parfait
Oct 2015
Unleashed_SM said:
No. It's not bad at all. I honestly don't see what people hate about this show. Maybe they're comparing it to Your Lie in April and are getting disappointed because of that. I like the way soccer is portrayed here. Sure it's not intense as other soccer anime, but I like this because it's chill, but also has a story I can enjoy.

Nobody is comparing it to your lie in april. People are complaining that what is supposed to be a dynamic and technical game is reduced to uninteresting monologues, unecessary dialogue, and what is essentially a PowerPoint presentation. The animators have no idea how motion works; they can't even draw a ball rolling properly. It's a sham of a show and Lidenfilms, along with everyone involved with this adaptation, should be ashamed of themselves. If you "honestly don't get" why this show is horribly animated and directed, I don't know what to say to you.

For the record, there haven't been any good football anime ever released.
Jan 12, 2022 5:41 PM
Oct 2020
The Sound Effect And music is so… Horrible, and the Tone Color For Animated Things Like People And Other Object is so Flat, Sadly, with Same Author Like Shingatsu Wo Kimi No Uso, Its Pretty Bad
Jul 10, 2022 5:36 AM

Jan 2021
StarFog said:
The Sound Effect And music is so… Horrible, and the Tone Color For Animated Things Like People And Other Object is so Flat, Sadly, with Same Author Like Shingatsu Wo Kimi No Uso, Its Pretty Bad

KimiUso was adapted by A1 pictures...
Aug 13, 2022 2:01 PM

Nov 2013
It's fucking shit.
Don't watch this for football, for characters, for animation, for CGDCT. Believe me, everything about this sucks.
If you want to watch cute girls play sports just watch Puraore! It's 100% better.
Apr 27, 2023 3:36 AM
Apr 2020
Gvendoline said:
If you want to watch cute girls play sports just watch Puraore! It's 100% better.

Or if you want to watch a soccer anime with a similarly technical approach to the game, just watch Ao Ashi, it’s 300% better.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sayonara Watashi no Cramer Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2021

36 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Mar 1, 3:29 AM

» More seasons?

Sleeping_wolf_ - Jun 20, 2021

8 by Torcher_ »»
Oct 8, 2022 8:46 AM

Poll: » Sayonara Watashi no Cramer Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - May 9, 2021

26 by samsince04 »»
Aug 14, 2022 3:29 PM

Poll: » Sayonara Watashi no Cramer Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2021

125 by samsince04 »»
Aug 13, 2022 11:35 AM

Poll: » Sayonara Watashi no Cramer Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2021

24 by Gvendoline »»
Apr 16, 2022 4:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.